online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Can 50 Cent's New G-Unit Roster Outlast Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group?

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

Yes 31 31.96%
No 66 68.04%
Voters: 97.   (BX member poll)

13 years ago '06        #1
11250 page views
0 comments

Tiger King  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 152912 152 K  Slaps total: 29779 29 K

Just when we thought the battle between 50 Cent and Rick Ross had finally vanished, it seems like there's a more subtle challenge taking place beneath our noses. While Ricky Rozay has furnished a strong Maybach Music Group, 50 appears just as hungry by refurbishing his G-Unit crew.

[Editor's Note: The views of this column do not necessarily reflect those of SOHH.com]

Even though 2009 seems years and years ago, no one has forgotten about the back-and-forth exchanges between Rick Ross (starting with "Mafia Music") and then 50 Cent (ending with countless Pimpin' Curly videos and a trip to Las Vegas w/ Ross' baby's mother, Tia, and kid.). While the two mega super stars seem less interested in entertaining a rap beef, both appear steadfast on building their own empires.

Just take a look at what Ross has done since late 2010. We all know he has Triple C's repping MMG but now add Wale, Meek Mill, Pill, Teedra Moses and Stalley all under the same roof? On top of that, jailed rapper DMX is considering hopping into the Maybach? What is the best way to describe what Ross is thinking these days?

Then, take into consideration their Self Made album is still pushing units on the sales chart, you could say Rick Ross is sitting on top of the world, right? Maybe. Blink once and you miss the addition of DJ Pauly D to G-Unit. Blink twice and you miss Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo joining the crew too.

"It's just a big movement and I'm promoting me and and my whole team," Lo explained in an interview. " It's about to be a South take over right here. I had a couple of meetings with a lot of labels but our vibe was just so good and I just signed by the X...But I'm a boss too so I didn't sign as an artist. It's D4L/G-Unit. I feel like what he's bringing to the table my previous label should have done and I just needed a little push behind me." (Hip Hop Wired)

Even bigger than Shawty is an actual shorty by the name of Lil Kim aligning herself amongst the G-Unit crew. No Olivia, no problem!

"I brought the queen, Lil' Kim," said Shawty Lo while introducing the notorious raptress as his surprise guest at Hot 107.9's Birthday Bash 16 in Atlanta on Saturday (June 18). But the bigger surprise was what the Queen Bee said when she took the stage at Philips Arena after performing "It's All About the Benjamins." "If ya'll don't know, this my boy right here. G-Unit South, that's where it's at," proclaimed Kim, revealing that the "Dey Know" rapper is now part of the G-Unit roster and she may be following suit. "And I'm family too, down with the G-Unitcamp. We got surprises for ya'll." (Rap-Up)

By my calculations, 50 Cent is currently sitting on a multi-faceted roster of artists ranging from New Jersey to Brooklyn to Atlanta along with G-Note Records artists like Arizona's Hot Rod. While we still do not know what type of deal, if any, Kim has with the Unit, it has to make you wonder how serious 50's new G-Unit Records look will impact the rap game. We all remember 2005 when 50 had a surplus of artists including Mobb Deep, M.O.P., Olivia and a near-deal with Ma$e.

If all goes accordingly, does Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group match-up to 50's crew or does the G-Unit general get to laugh straight to the bank..maybe with Tia too?

Can 50 Cent's New G-Unit Roster Outlast Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group? [Click Here & Speak] | SOHH.COM
+3   

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+4113
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+3310
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
287 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+526
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman and slim pull up to a drake j cole concert
22 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop