The Red Dead Redemption 2 PC release, is a bonafide, certified sh-tshow.

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

4 weeks ago '14        #1
1465 page views
35 comments

Doc Logical  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
space
space
Props total: 84442 84 K  Slaps total: 24958 24 K
The Red Dead Redemption 2 PC release, is a bonafide, certified sh-tshow.

best
worst
35 comments

4 weeks ago '17        #2
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 23130 23 K  Slaps total: 939 939

+13   

3 weeks ago '14        #3
Doc Logical  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11 OP
space
space
Props total: 84442 84 K  Slaps total: 24958 24 K
 1Oh said

I think I'm understanding why so many n*ggas was like, yeah nah. Imma wait.

3 weeks ago '16        #4
Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 7821 7 K  Slaps total: 949 949
but but but pc master race
+4   

3 weeks ago '04        #5
CrAkKedOuT 
space
space
space
Props total: 20835 20 K  Slaps total: 2875 2 K
 Blunted Sultan said
GTA was better than this so basically R* dropped the ball. They also never beta tested their launcher.

Mods for the gaming fast though

Last edited by CrAkKedOuT; 11-15-2019 at 11:49 AM..
+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #6
Oswaldgatesjr 
space
space
space
Props total: 21760 21 K  Slaps total: 7638 7 K
PC ewww

3 weeks ago '10        #7
pacman45 
space
space
Props total: 12601 12 K  Slaps total: 513 513
Rockstar fu*ked up big time, but as usual we not gonna fully hold them accountable.
+1   

3 weeks ago '10        #8
Rick Ross 
space
space
Props total: 15403 15 K  Slaps total: 919 919
a poncho

3 weeks ago '05        #9
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
Props total: 4189 4 K  Slaps total: 300 300
makes sense

3 weeks ago '18        #10
Dehone 
space
space
Props total: 16502 16 K  Slaps total: 709 709
Those people who bought a new PC just for this

3 weeks ago '05        #11
WCIB 
space
space
Props total: 17429 17 K  Slaps total: 1020 1 K

3 weeks ago '05        #12
kronzsw 
space
space
Props total: 14219 14 K  Slaps total: 2965 2 K
no problems on my side running at 1440p 60fps

+4   

3 weeks ago '05        #13
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
Props total: 41527 41 K  Slaps total: 6155 6 K
If you paid 60 for this game, if you already had it though

3 weeks ago '08        #14
gagethedesigner 
space
space
Props total: 1232 1 K  Slaps total: 308 308
 Dehone said
Those people who bought a new PC just for this
Never heard of someone buying a new pc for 1 game. Upgrading, sure.
+3   

3 weeks ago '17        #15
Pretty Tone 
space
space
Props total: 28193 28 K  Slaps total: 2514 2 K
i runs much smoother on my pc than my og ps4.

3 weeks ago '05        #16
slim_d20 
space
space
Props total: 9717 9 K  Slaps total: 3317 3 K
 Blunted Sultan said
PC is absolutely master race. The problem, as we say in the IT industry, is PEBKAC. You've got too many dummies trying to run the game on their fu*king 5 year old pentium 2 core duo computer.

Console games tend to do much better on consoles when the game creators know exactly what the hardware is that they are building the game for. Worry about 2 models of xbox/PS4 the same as literally thousands of different types of PCs is a nearly impossible task.

By the way, Xbox and PS4s are PCs.
+2   

3 weeks ago '05        #17
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 slim_d20 said
PC is absolutely master race. The problem, as we say in the IT industry, is PEBKAC. You've got too many dummies trying to run the game on their fu*king 5 year old pentium 2 core duo computer.

Console games tend to do much better on consoles when the game creators know exactly what the hardware is that they are building the game for. Worry about 2 models of xbox/PS4 the same as literally thousands of different types of PCs is a nearly impossible task.

By the way, Xbox and PS4s are PCs.
I'm sure that's the case, but I'm also sure the game still has optimization problems nonetheless.

That's typical of most PC games nowadays, from AAA companies.

3 weeks ago '05        #18
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
 Micheal C. Will said
I'm sure that's the case, but I'm also sure the game still has optimization problems nonetheless.

it's how things are, make fun of something when it's the fault of rockstar for example but when everything pans out, it doesn't matter anymore...same ol same ol...look at borderlands 3, poorly optimized for almost all systems
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #19
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 14187 14 K  Slaps total: 1864 1 K
Good thing I didn't buy and wait for it to be cracked. Freeeeeeeeee.

3 weeks ago '05        #20
slim_d20 
space
space
 Micheal C. Will said

PhrozenMenace said
it's how things are, make fun of something when it's the fault of rockstar for example but when everything pans out, it doesn't matter anymore...same ol same ol...look at borderlands 3, poorly optimized for almost all systems
But you are making my point for me. How can you "optimize" for something that is unknown? There have been hundred of articles written over the years about porting games writting for consoles to PC and vice versa on this very topic. Simply put, it's damn near impossible to port a game that is optimized for very specific hardware specs (console) and expect it to run "optimally" or even the same on unknown random sets of specs (millions of different PCs)

To try to sh*t on Rockstar is kind of ignorant. There are only two ways to optimize that many different random PC configurations. First is to try to "port" the game ... and to do that you have to have testers. To do that is to release beta and basically let the public be your testers, then try to continue to patch it. This is what you are seeing right now. The second way to is to completely rebuild the game from scratch optimized for windows PC platforms. Considering the size of the game and the amount of years it took to create the game, you know they ain't doing that.

Last edited by slim_d20; 11-16-2019 at 08:56 AM..

3 weeks ago '05        #21
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
 slim_d20 said
But you are making my point for me. How can you "optimize" for something that is unknown? There have been hundred of articles written over the years about porting games writting for consoles to PC and vice versa on this very topic. Simply put, it's damn near impossible to port a game that is optimized for very specific hardware specs (console) and expect it to run "optimally" or even the same on unknown random sets of specs (millions of different PCs)

To try to sh*t on Rockstar is kind of ignorant. There is only to ways to optimize that many different random PC configurations. First is to try to "port" the game ... and to do that you have to have testers. To do that is to release beta and basically let the public be your testers, then try to continue to patch it. This is what you are seeing right now. The second way to is to completely rebuild the game from scratch optimized for windows PC platforms. Considering the size of the game and the amount of years it took to create the game, you know they ain't doing that.
With rockstar not really wanting to port some of the games to the PC in the first place could say something about the release of this game. If they didn't take the time to release a better product then the fault is actually on them...These "beta" testing phases from all of these developers are getting old. There are too many games where it feels like the consumers are beta testing. If it's not the developers then it's the publishers rushing out products for profit. In that regard, then a lot of the blame goes to them.

But what is unknown though? Aren't games made using the PC and this isn't rockstars first port

I might be off but what I'm saying is, if rockstar messed up on something then they should be blamed...

Last edited by PhrozenMenace; 11-16-2019 at 08:56 AM..

3 weeks ago '05        #22
slim_d20 
space
space
 PhrozenMenace said
With rockstar not really wanting to port some of the games to the PC in the first place could say something about the release of this game. If they didn't take the time to release a better product then the fault is actually on them...These "beta" testing phases from all of these developers are getting old. There are too many games where it feels like the consumers are beta testing. If it's not the developers then it's the publishers rushing out products for profit. In that regard, then a lot of the blame goes to them.

But what is unknown though? Aren't games made using the PC and this isn't rockstars first port
n*gga if you mad go buy a console.

sh*t god damn do you n*ggas wake up in the morning just to find something to bi*ch about? what part of THEY DONT HAVE A MILLION DIFFERENT PC BUILDS TO TEST ON do you not understand? Then you say they should "release a better product" n*gga go jump off a bridge.

3 weeks ago '05        #23
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
 slim_d20 said
n*gga if you mad go buy a console.

sh*t god damn do you n*ggas wake up in the morning just to find something to bi*ch about? what part of THEY DONT HAVE A MILLION DIFFERENT PC BUILDS TO TEST ON do you not understand? Then you say they should "release a better product" n*gga go jump off a bridge.
I already have a console and I woke up just fine and dandy, just having a discussion...all of that "extra" stuff is on you

ps...the bridge is more optimized than the release of this game for pc...solid product

3 weeks ago '05        #24
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 slim_d20 said

To try to sh*t on Rockstar is kind of ignorant. There is only to ways to optimize that many different random PC configurations. First is to try to "port" the game ... and to do that you have to have testers. To do that is to release beta and basically let the public be your testers, then try to continue to patch it. This is what you are seeing right now. The second way to is to completely rebuild the game from scratch optimized for windows PC platforms. Considering the size of the game and the amount of years it took to create the game, you know they ain't doing that.
Yea, you wasted your time typing all that because Rockstar isn't the only company that releases poorly optimized PC games.

WB and Ubisoft come to mind right off top.

Some of you sure do know when to pick and choose when to put on the cape for a game company.

3 weeks ago '05        #25
slim_d20 
space
space
 Micheal C. Will said
Yea, you wasted your time typing all that because Rockstar isn't the only company that releases poorly optimized PC games.

WB and Ubisoft come to mind right off top.

Some of you sure do know when to pick and choose when to put on the cape for a game company.
So your low IQ coudln't decipher that is EXACTLY WHAT THE fu*k I JUST SAID???

Jesus christ why another two low IQ imbeciles added to the ignore list.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-41online now  93
Juice wrld sold his soul to the devil (with proof)
189 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  35
Video inside Tow Truck Driver Making a Car Repo Goes Wrong in Memphis
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-38online now  29
Image(s) inside LIZZO FLASH CROWD TWERKING IN TH0NG At LAKERS GAME