Nov 16 - To Lower Costs, Trump to Force Hospitals to Reveal Price of Care

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 weeks ago '19        #1
594 page views
20 comments

Bucks414  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 8110 8 K  Slaps total: 11001 11 K
Nov 16 - To Lower Costs, Trump to Force Hospitals to Reveal Price of Care

A proposed federal rule would make hospitals list the prices they negotiate with insurers, allowing consumers to seek better deals for care.

The Trump administration on Friday announced it would begin forcing hospitals to publicly disclose the discounted prices they negotiate with insurance companies, a potentially bold move to help people shop for better deals on a range of medical services, from hip replacements to brain scans.

“For decades, hospitals, insurance companies, lobbyists and special interests have hidden prices from consumers, so they could drive up costs for you, and you had no idea what was happening,” President Trump said Friday afternoon in the White House’s Roosevelt Room. “You’d get bills that were unbelievable and you’d have no idea why.”

Patients, he said, have “been ripped off for years.”

The federal rule, which would not take effect until 2021, is part of a broader push by Trump officials to make health care markets more transparent to patients. The administration also unveiled a proposed rule to require insurers to allow patients to get advanced estimates of their out-of-pocket costs before they see a doctor or go to the hospital.

Mr. Trump rolled out the initiative personally, providing some counterprogramming to the second day of impeachment hearings while showing his willingness to take on powerful interest groups like hospitals and insurers.

Mr. Trump was “taking historic action to make health care prices transparent for consumers, yet the coverage on all the cables remains on the impeachment inquiry charade,” his press secretary, Stephanie Grisham, tweeted. “Dems should get back to work — just like our” president.

The hospital industry, which has long kept its negotiations with insurers secret, said it would challenge the rule in federal court. “This is a very radical proposal,” said Tom Nickels, an executive vice president with the American Hospital a*sociation, a trade group.

Hospitals say the administration does not have the authority to compel them to disclose their private negotiations and compared the order to forcing private parties to reveal trade secrets.

But if the rule survives, “it’s a game changer,” said John Barkett, a former Obama administration official who is now a health policy expert at Willis Towers Watson.Knowing the price of a colonoscopy or knee surgery before it takes place “would be hugely helpful,” he said.

visit this link https://www.nytimes.com/2 .. ces-trump.html
+1   

best
worst
20 comments

4 weeks ago '10        #2
Bandito 
space
space
Props total: 33689 33 K  Slaps total: 4616 4 K
Wny doesn't trump use his postion to do some good for once?

It's always these bullsh*t proposals that are beyond his power and end up in court.
+9   

4 weeks ago '18        #3
SFamilyRep  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 42840 42 K  Slaps total: 5693 5 K
No thanks, I’d rather Medicare for all. #BernieSanders2020
+7   

4 weeks ago '17        #4
TheLastNonEarth 
space
space
Props total: 63462 63 K  Slaps total: 6858 6 K

Is Stephen Miller in charge of this? I hope it's not just for white hospitals only.
+6   

4 weeks ago '16        #5
Aztlan 
space
space
Props total: 46132 46 K  Slaps total: 6242 6 K
A little late don't you think?
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 weeks ago '17        #6
Johnnytusanmi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 11717 11 K  Slaps total: 5668 5 K
 SFamilyRep said
No thanks, I’d rather Medicare for all. #BernieSanders2020
Congress and Senate would never pass that
+1   

4 weeks ago '13        #7
pizzolini 
space
space
space
Props total: 1887 1 K  Slaps total: 215 215
He might be onto something here. I believe they charge different rates for state insurance and through work insurance. I do know some clinics do discriminate against state insurance. I’m not the super political kind of guy but I see both sides and understand. That being said, I worked too hard and too much since I was legally able to.
+3   

4 weeks ago '18        #8
SFamilyRep  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 42840 42 K  Slaps total: 5693 5 K
 Johnnytusanmi said
Congress and Senate would never pass that
Are you talking about the very blue Congress?

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 weeks ago '17        #9
Johnnytusanmi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 11717 11 K  Slaps total: 5668 5 K
 SFamilyRep said
Are you talking about the very blue Congress?
People like Obama, Hilary, Biden, and other career long dems have constantly not supported medicare for all. Medicare for all is not universally supported by the democratic party just the young progressive.

4 weeks ago '17        #10
Ymmot 
space
space
space
Props total: 39309 39 K  Slaps total: 7779 7 K
 TheLastNonEarth said

Is Stephen Miller in charge of this? I hope it's not just for white hospitals only.
Lmao
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #11
Ymmot 
space
space
space
 Bandito said

It's always these bullsh*t proposals that are beyond his power and end up in court.
You know it's all for show. And look sheep like @ are dumb enough to believe it's something good.

4 weeks ago '17        #12
Rich130 
space
space
Props total: 14022 14 K  Slaps total: 1375 1 K
 Aztlan said

+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #13
hily 
space
space
Props total: 1711 1 K  Slaps total: 285 285
My clinic system already does we saw this coming.
But here's the thing I am on the business side, the receptionists and phones make decent money do you want a moron taking medical information? Delivering it to doctors? No, so you are paying for them, the cleaning peope, the supplies, the rooms, the everything.
You know what would be better? Universal healthcare I hear it all the time from our former Canadian patients. They still have benefits after moving usually.

4 weeks ago '05        #14
Judas 
space
space
Props total: 158 158  Slaps total: 6 6
 Aztlan said
Pretty sure that's the plan. Fulfill his needs the first 3 years and do sh*t for the people in preparation for reelection year

4 weeks ago '09        #15
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
space
space
Props total: 146200 146 K  Slaps total: 18314 18 K
 Bandito said

hes sellin wolf tickets as usual

i remember the regime claimed it would force the big pharma mafia to reveal prices in ads starting in january 2020

that never happened...big pharma sent its goons to bribe him
+4   

4 weeks ago '10        #16
Frasier  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 12922 12 K  Slaps total: 13815 13 K
 hily said
My clinic system already does we saw this coming.
But here's the thing I am on the business side, the receptionists and phones make decent money do you want a moron taking medical information? Delivering it to doctors? No, so you are paying for them, the cleaning peope, the supplies, the rooms, the everything.
You know what would be better? Universal healthcare I hear it all the time from our former Canadian patients. They still have benefits after moving usually.
I’m family with people in the business and I find it hard to believe that someone in the business wants universal healthcare. Many places around here have gone under because of wildly late payments from insurance companies because of the ACA. Companies spend a sh*tload of money keeping track of the clusterfu*k that is government insurance.

4 weeks ago '18        #17
Losantana16x3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 6203 6 K  Slaps total: 1317 1 K
 Bandito said

fu*king idiots like you always find a way to post 1st

4 weeks ago '08        #18
flav 
space
space
Props total: 10211 10 K  Slaps total: 2690 2 K
 messy marv stan said
hes sellin wolf tickets as usual

i remember the regime claimed it would force the big pharma mafia to reveal prices in ads starting in january 2020

that never happened...big pharma sent its goons to bribe him
Big Pharma is too powerful
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #19
Verdict  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 3826 3 K  Slaps total: 452 452
Yeah I bet every policy "will" conveniently go into effect in 2021
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #20
Ymmot 
space
space
space
 Verdict said
Yeah I bet every policy "will" conveniently go into effect in 2021
He's gonna release the best healthcare plan ever right after he gets re-elected... since he failed to the first time around.
+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #21
hily 
space
space
Props total: 1711 1 K  Slaps total: 285 285
 Frasier said
I’m family with people in the business and I find it hard to believe that someone in the business wants universal healthcare. Many places around here have gone under because of wildly late payments from insurance companies because of the ACA. Companies spend a sh*tload of money keeping track of the clusterfu*k that is government insurance.
Chances are they went under with EMR, not ACA. Smaller clinics couldn't pay for it.
I had family in healthcare and most of my circle is healthcare since I've worked in it my whole adult life. I sit in meetings about payors and reimbursement, about changes in pricing models.
Delayed insurance payments suck, but patients are unable to pay, then don't. Couple that with seeing multiple people wait for treatment until they are so far gone they will never see home again it gets to you. I know many in administration and even more providers who want UHC. It makes more sense than performance based care.
+2   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+146online now  39
Image(s) inside 80s & Early 90s Babies: Part ii...
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  33
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - How much McDonald's Franchise Owners Really Make Per Year
214 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  24
Video inside Switch That Turns GLOCK Into Mini-Machine Gun Showing Up in Chiraq!!!
71 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  15
Video inside Lord jamar :: "If that man never took lucid dream royalties, juice wou..
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy