Are expensive shoes worth it? News Study

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x2   |  0 bx goons and 2 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

1 month ago '18        #1
2681 page views
34 comments

Illuminati 8ob  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 25678 25 K  Slaps total: 2096 2 K
Are expensive shoes worth it? News Study

Basically YES...except for the weird cheap ringer they throw in at the end that almost seems like an advertisement for the shoe.image But interesting watch being they got them lab tested. Wish they did runners.
+3   

best
worst
34 comments

1 month ago '05        #2
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 71859 71 K  Slaps total: 20940 20 K
Cheap shoes are a pet peeve.
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #3
Tonero 
space
space
Props total: 6480 6 K  Slaps total: 1970 1 K
I only buy my 5s from the outlet. Other than that I rock airforces regularly.

The most I'd go for is butter timbs....for now atleast.

That being said jordan 5s are made proper. Super comfy to walk with long distances. I never feel like they poking my pinky toe.

2 weeks ago '19        #4
zzxxccvvbb 
space
space
space
Props total: 5872 5 K  Slaps total: 793 793
As someone with a wonky back, expensive shoes are definitely worth it (excluding retros)

My body feels significantly better if I wear higher end runners/basketball shoes everyday.
+4   

2 weeks ago '15        #5
Teddy KGB 
space
space
Props total: 57765 57 K  Slaps total: 7545 7 K
 Tonero said

That being said jordan 5s are made proper. Super comfy to walk with long distances. I never feel like they poking my pinky toe.
Jordan 5 is not uncomfortable, but I would never praise it as a comfortable sneaker for long distance walking.
+11   

2 weeks ago '04        #6
patt24 
space
space
Props total: 5814 5 K  Slaps total: 865 865
sh*ts pointless. Things are worth whatever youre willing to pay. If you want something you pay what you think its worth.
+15   

2 weeks ago '04        #7
jsmooth-117 
space
space
space
Props total: 22921 22 K  Slaps total: 2704 2 K
Having worn, forces/timbs/jordans all through my 20s, I discovered the world of running shoes and haven't looked back. When I'm not wearing dress shoes or boots, I'm in $150 Brooks running shoes. Those joints are worth every penny.

Now that I'm married in my early 30s with kids, I couldn't give a fu*k about fashion. I can honestly say,

I still have timbs, jordans, air max and whatnot, but my Brooks gets the most airtime.
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #8
GodsFavorite 
space
space
space
Props total: 6247 6 K  Slaps total: 979 979
Expensive dress shoes yes, expensive sneakers no. As a luxury item if you got the money and want to treat yourself by all means but nobody is benefitting from owning $220 Js
+8   

2 weeks ago '04        #9
VictoryThagr8 
space
space
space
Props total: 5160 5 K  Slaps total: 1108 1 K
Ultraboost are all worth it for me. There isn't any cheap Payless, or rack room shoes that compete with them comfort wise.
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #10
projectd06 
space
space
Props total: 15943 15 K  Slaps total: 4515 4 K
Boots and running shoes yes, everything else no, but bet there is at least 1 person trying to justify their jordans.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #11
torious 
space
space
Props total: 24774 24 K  Slaps total: 1842 1 K
 Tonero said

Teddy KGB said
Jordan 5 is not uncomfortable, but I would never praise it as a comfortable sneaker for long distance walking.
 Teddy KGB said
I have a deformed fifth metatarsal on my pinky toe that's crooked, that causes me to get callouses between pinky and next toe. As a result when I wear a lot of shoes they pinch my toe and it's very painful. The most comfortable Js that don't pinch me I'd say are my 6s alternate 91s. I also own a bunch of 1s (most don't pinch), my BC3s sometimes pinch, sometimes feel fine. My 11s are fine as well. Do you guys know of other J models that have enough space to where my toe won't get squished?

2 weeks ago '06        #12
yumflip 
space
space
Props total: 4889 4 K  Slaps total: 506 506
I've never been a cheap anything person. I'll pay for the comfort of knowing my money is going towards something that fulfills whatever my particular want/need is. Quality is #1. Most times you don't have to sacrifice aesthetic or performance in higher end. You usually do as the price point drops. Not always a 100% fact, but will apply more times than not.
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #13
Madethagreat 
space
space
Props total: 18594 18 K  Slaps total: 2843 2 K
They aren’t and the way fashion is going sh*t gets old insanely fast. Because it’s for flexing on people. So it’s the “I gotta get the new”

Buy what you like and what fits you best

The dollar is in the quality no doubt that’s a fact

So never invest whole heartedly unless you sure you can wear it forever
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #14
Tonero 
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
Iunno man, mine are. My 3s hurt my pinky toe. but my 5s are fine even the arches are good.

I know my 5s were good cause i walked around hella down town san fran last december with my girl and her friends and my feet were fine

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '16        #15
popogogo 
space
space
Props total: 18369 18 K  Slaps total: 735 735
I'm business casual mostly, but 4 times a month I gotta put on a suit.
I have only high end suits and formal shoes.

For business casual days I rock shoes from all over.
Hell from WalMart if I like em.
As soon as I get at my desk I take my shoes off anyway.
I take em off to drive also.

For working out I try them on and whatever feels right I buy.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #16
GodsFavorite 
space
space
space
Props total: 6247 6 K  Slaps total: 979 979
 torious said
I have a deformed fifth metatarsal on my pinky toe that's crooked, that causes me to get callouses between pinky and next toe. As a result when I wear a lot of shoes they pinch my toe and it's very painful. The most comfortable Js that don't pinch me I'd say are my 6s alternate 91s. I also own a bunch of 1s (most don't pinch), my BC3s sometimes pinch, sometimes feel fine. My 11s are fine as well. Do you guys know of other J models that have enough space to where my toe won't get squished?
Ima need you to explain your take on the 6s cause I have a few for the style but my god they are miserable to walk around in. 6s feel like you are standing on a stone slab. They are the only Jordan that feels like it has 0% cushion, and most Jordanís are pretty uncomfortable

11s and 13s are decently comfortable but still nowhere near a boost or zoom or react
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #17
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 69699 69 K  Slaps total: 3884 3 K
 patt24 said
sh*ts pointless. Things are worth whatever youre willing to pay. If you want something you pay what you think its worth.
^^this
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #18
torious 
space
space
 GodsFavorite said
Ima need you to explain your take on the 6s cause I have a few for the style but my god they are miserable to walk around in. 6s feel like you are standing on a stone slab. They are the only Jordan that feels like it has 0% cushion, and most Jordanís are pretty uncomfortable

11s and 13s are decently comfortable but still nowhere near a boost or zoom or react
I will say that certain models hold up and have better comfort than others. There's a lot of variability with fit amongst the ~8-10 pairs of Jordan 1s I have. I may have just gotten a really good quality pair of alternate 91s but there is PLENTY of room for my toe to not get crushed, and the comfort is good for walking in them.

I've got boost and ultraboosts, love the sh*t out of my ultraboost uncageds. I want to try a pair of reacts, really want the element 85s but they're outrageous priced

2 weeks ago '15        #19
Teddy KGB 
space
space
 torious said
Do you guys know of other J models that have enough space to where my toe won't get squished?
All of them in the proper size.

2 weeks ago '15        #20
Teddy KGB 
space
space
 Tonero said
Iunno man, mine are. My 3s hurt my pinky toe. but my 5s are fine even the arches are good.

I know my 5s were good cause i walked around hella down town san fran last december with my girl and her friends and my feet were fine
3s and 5s have essentially the same fit and comfort level.

2 weeks ago '04        #21
torious 
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
All of them in the proper size.
Ehh not even, for example just about all my IVs are 10.5 and all but one fit me well. The one that doesn't is my most recent purchase Cool Greys. They squeeze my toe to the point where they're almost unwearable. It may be that I need to break them in more but I bought a 10.5, tried wearing then returning which didn't work, bought an 11 and it still pinches my toe. So again it kind of depends on the model AND the number IMO.

2 weeks ago '15        #22
Teddy KGB 
space
space
 torious said
Ehh not even, for example just about all my IVs are 10.5 and all but one fit me well. The one that doesn't is my most recent purchase Cool Greys. They squeeze my toe to the point where they're almost unwearable. It may be that I need to break them in more but I bought a 10.5, tried wearing then returning which didn't work, bought an 11 and it still pinches my toe. So again it kind of depends on the model AND the number IMO.
We canít say a shoe isnít right because you have a deformed foot. What Iím saying is that you need to progressively go up in size until it fits for your specific application.

2 weeks ago '19        #23
jordanair45 
space
space
Props total: 2351 2 K  Slaps total: 569 569
I got a fake pair of yeezys for work. I was wearing them around (I walk a lot for work) and they fell apart quick and were super uncomfortable.

Never will I buy counterfeit again.

Now, price does not equal quality. But quality on discount is great. I have a really good wallet, marked down from $500 to $150, and that thing is rock solid, looks new, been going strong for years.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #24
patt24 
space
space
Props total: 5814 5 K  Slaps total: 865 865
 Teddy KGB said
i find the 5s to be significantly narrower to the point where i sold off all but the grapes and 3s are my GOAT and have 95% of the colorways.

Jordans as a whole are uncomfortable... i can't do them for more than going out casually. Anything with significant walking they're not even a consideration.

2 weeks ago '05        #25
Tonero 
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
Close but the 3's have the rino pattern on the front

That bit of rino presses against my pinky toe for a size 11 too. I dont feel it at first but over time it begins to hurt.

Ive worn 5's in size 10 , 10.5 and 11 and they expanded comfortably. I can walk all day in them things. I especially like when they brand new and u can feel the air bubble in the midsole.

sh*t umma be in portland this weekend umma see whats good wouldnt mind a new pair of 3s or 5s
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+125online now  24
Rappers who turned out a whole lot differently than they started
137 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+23online now  12
Do Any Of Yíall Suffer From Mental Illness?
24 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+26online now  7
Max B- House Money is officially released!
119 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+65online now  6
Image(s) inside Benny the Butcher 2019 Spotify Numbers
69 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy