Any ideas for a science project I could do regarding ecology(the environment)?

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+146  87
99 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section Faculty of Science

2 years ago '17        #1
2409 page views
10 comments

Tony Outlaw 
space
space
Props total: 3278 3 K  Slaps total: 626 626
Any ideas for a science project I could do regarding ecology(the environment)?

So here is the scenario guys, Im taking this biology course and it is my last course I need to take so I can get my degree. My groupmates for the most part suck with the exception of one of the members. With this said does anyone have any ideals by any chance for an experiment I can do regarding the environment and field of ecology such as wasting water, clean energy and things like that. Essentially as Im sure many of you are aware of, a science experiemnt is an experiment that is done to either prove or disprove a hypothesis. The hypothesis has to be able to be proven or disproven and in science there is no facts, only theories that are proven based on what we know repeating the experiments.

With this said, Any help or ideals I can get here would be most appreciated. Thank you!

best
worst
10 comments

2 years ago '14        #2
Comicsnow 
space
space
Props total: 14579 14 K  Slaps total: 1090 1 K
what did you end up doin

2 years ago '17        #3
Tony Outlaw  OP
space
space
 deadpoolsnow said
what did you end up doin
We plan to do a project on acid rain where we look at an acid rain environment and one that isn't acid rain affected but I plan to switch it to something else. Me and my group can't really get on the same page so I think it's best we do something a little simpler.

2 years ago '10        #4
wwwdotcom 
space
space
Props total: 346 346  Slaps total: 20 20
Make fire proof trees, apply an agent that lessens the risk of trees catching fire. Something like the waxy substance found on fresh leafs.

2 years ago '17        #5
Tony Outlaw  OP
space
space
 wwwdotcom said
Make fire proof trees, apply an agent that lessens the risk of trees catching fire. Something like the waxy substance found on fresh leafs.
Wish I had seen this, thanks for the ideal but we went with acid rain. We compared our college campus to the Adirondacks which is an area heavily affected by Acid Rain.

Got an A too

2 years ago '16        #6
BlueGold 
space
space
Props total: 9914 9 K  Slaps total: 1040 1 K

2 years ago '16        #7
BlueGold 
space
space

2 years ago '17        #8
Tony Outlaw  OP
space
space
 BlueGold said
Wrong thread

2 years ago '15        #9
DamianDragunov 
space
space
Props total: 35961 35 K  Slaps total: 5309 5 K
 wwwdotcom said
Nice idea. But leaves and bark have tiny openings that take in air n water and exhausts gasses. Transpiration is an important function. So ya canít really plug those openings. I do spray an antidessicant on evergreens right before winter to prevent water loss and windburn. It doesnít last all winter because the sun and temp fluctuations break down chemicals on the tree. And itís not like you can spray a forest with chemicals without possible side effects to the trees and animals that live amongst them. ..

Great idea though. Just not practical.

2 years ago '16        #10
BlueGold 
space
space
 IllClinton said
Wrong thread
Yeah I was trying out the link.. my bad

2 years ago '10        #11
wwwdotcom 
space
space
Props total: 346 346  Slaps total: 20 20
 DamianDragunov said
Nice idea. But leaves and bark have tiny openings that take in air n water and exhausts gasses. Transpiration is an important function. So ya canít really plug those openings. I do spray an antidessicant on evergreens right before winter to prevent water loss and windburn. It doesnít last all winter because the sun and temp fluctuations break down chemicals on the tree. And itís not like you can spray a forest with chemicals without possible side effects to the trees and animals that live amongst them. ..

Great idea though. Just not practical.
Props for the reply. The practical idea would be to genetically modify the plants to express those traits.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+49online now  33
Image(s) inside Shaq Shares A Pic Of Him And A Young Rick Ross
132 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+173online now  28
Image(s) inside 80s & Early 90s Babies: Part ii...
217 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  19
Video inside Switch That Turns GLOCK Into Mini-Machine Gun Showing Up in Chiraq!!!
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  11
Dec 11 - Dad charged in 2nd accidental shooting. Shot daughter, 9
25 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy