Jul 10 - Here’s what a ‘starter home’ will cost you in every state across the country

most viewed right now
+23  72
30 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 days ago '04        #51
nwking 80 heat pts80
space
space
$5,038 | Props total: 6998 6998
A lot of variables, starter home based on what income, and then what area in the state you want to live in, and then the neighborhood. Starter home should be broken down probably by neighborhood. My my has a house in NC 2hrs from Raleigh and she got it for $25k in the early 90s 3bd 1b on 1/4 acre it's worth just over 130k. Location location location. If it was in Raleigh it would probably be worth 400k

Last edited by nwking; 07-10-2019 at 08:10 PM..
+1   

5 days ago '06        #52
lubluetiger 4 heat pts
space
space
$460 | Props total: 463 463
South Florida is different from the rest of state.
+1   

5 days ago '04        #53
BamBeatz 
space
space
$341 | Props total: 255 255
 lubluetiger said
South Florida is different from the rest of state.
The rest of FL is skewing the property # Miami is getting at now in days. Miami housing income is almost getting at NYC # but nowhere near pays what NY salaries are....Miami Dade County is literally the poorest city in America.
+1   

5 days ago '06        #54
imthatinfamous 48 heat pts48
space
space
$10,551 | Props total: 9090 9090
 Black Jay said
They are cheaper but hoa/condo fees pushes that monthly payment up lowering your purchasing power.
It depends what the HOA fees cover...want to be a bunch of lazy fu*ks that dont want to tend to your own grass or gardens or want to shovel when it snows,etc...yeah you will have some heafty condo fees...my first condo the fees covered the master insurance policy, common area electrical, and the water bill ( the developer cut cost by only building one water access to the building and as a result only had 1 water meter) ....fees for a 1200 sq ft condo were $85 a month...I ended up renting that condo out and leveraging the equity to upgrade to another condo (at this point i had moved up the career ladder also and made more) in this condo we had a property management company that managed everything from shoveling, the gardens, trash pick up, the pool, etc...and condo fees for a 1500sq ft condo were $545 a month...funny thing about this condo is that a lot of the owners wanted to rent out their units to create opportunity in their lives...but the high condo fees didn't allow for an opportunity in which you would at least break even if you rented it out....we ended firing the management company at contracts end and decided to be responsible for things like shoveling and trash pick up and kept in mind things like pool maintenance, gardening for the spring and summer months, etc...HOA fees for me dropped to $185...

5 days ago '04        #55
bmack940 7 heat pts
space
space
$792 | Props total: 873 873
 North Face said
Tulsa is a pretty nice city though. I disagree with you.
Yeah certain parts of Tulsa are real nice. I doubt you can cop a starter home for 50K in south Tulsa though.

5 days ago '14        #56
King Maximus 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,549 | Props total: 4655 4655
 xastey said
160k for starters in tx when I got my first house
Nice I noticed several years ago I visited McKinney up in northern Texas and was impressed by what type of houses you could buy at reasonable prices.

That said I just got my offer accepted for my first home here in Eastern Washington. 191k
+1   

4 days ago '06        #57
lubluetiger 4 heat pts
space
space
$460 | Props total: 463 463
 BamBeatz said
The rest of FL is skewing the property # Miami is getting at now in days. Miami housing income is almost getting at NYC # but nowhere near pays what NY salaries are....Miami Dade County is literally the poorest city in America.
Palm Beach county I think is worse than Miami Dade. 1 bedroom in a decent area like 1500 1600 about to move to Atlanta or Dallas I hope they got room.

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+103online now  22
Image(s) inside Light Work
53 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside 10 Best Style Tips for Dad Bods Or Chubby Guys