Switch Lite September 20

most viewed right now
131 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '07        #51
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$41,886 | Props total: 8953 8953
 batmanwithprep said
I think the big difference with motion controls now is how Nintendo utilizes them. With the Wii, motion controls were the selling point. It was a novelty that caught fire, had everybody buying them, casual gamers, housewives and old folks in nursing homes even getting in on it.

With the Switch, it's just there. It's not something that's really advertised, it's basically another controller input. I think it's great when for gyro aiming, I'd like Sony Microsoft and third party developers to use that next gen.
Exactly. Dude above me is acting like they use as the main selling point lol

1 week ago '17        #52
Stlouisnative 1 heat pts
space
space
$843 | Props total: 2347 2347
Let's keep it a buck the switch is trash forreal i brought one for my kids and they don't even play it the games cost to much trash i might give mine away

1 week ago '17        #53
TeamBrinkz 
space
space
space
$768 | Props total: 798 798
only useful to me if i'm on the move, which I'm not that often, so I typically just play a game on my phone.

1 week ago '06        #54
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,651 | Props total: 5404 5404
Ive played my main switch less than a handful of times this year and that might change since im thinking about mario maker 2 but a pro or lite isnt for me, would just be a waste of money.

1 week ago '19        #55
Rudboi 
space
space
space
$31 | Props total: 89 89
 cold_young_thug said
no it wont. nintendo subtracted the sales from 3ds to the switch and a*sumed all those people need a pure portabe console. those 70 million already have one though. Its called a smartphone. Nintendo even knows thise, theyve started dropping first party tiles on smartphones. So its mindblowing they actually thought there was a market for this. ill be shocked if these push even 5 million sales. keep in mind the switch is at 35
Pokémon fans that don’t already own a switch will cop.

1 week ago '04        #56
cold_young_thug 47 heat pts47
space
space
$11,236 | Props total: 4663 4663
 Rudboi said
Pokémon fans that don’t already own a switch will cop.
no they wont. they'll buy the original switch with all the features and ability to play on a tv. idk why yall think kids in 2019 will want to play a pokemon game STRICTLY on mobile. they wanna take it anywhere, then play on the screen at home.

1 week ago '17        #57
SPdaGOAT 38 heat pts38 OP
space
space
$17,798 | Props total: 37625 37625
 cold_young_thug said
no they wont. they'll buy the original switch with all the features and ability to play on a tv. idk why yall think kids in 2019 will want to play a pokemon game STRICTLY on mobile. they wanna take it anywhere, then play on the screen at home.
Parents for sure buying this for their kids especially if the pokemon edition come with the game.

1 week ago '19        #58
Rudboi 
space
space
space
 cold_young_thug said

Maybe I’m underestimating kids’ influence over their parents. Since the parents are most likely the ones paying I’d a*sume they’d get the kid the one that costs 33% less.

1 week ago '04        #59
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Parents for sure buying this for their kids especially if the pokemon edition come with the game.
except it doesnt. lol its just the console. there is no bundle. anything else?

1 week ago '17        #60
space
space
 cold_young_thug said
except it doesnt. lol its just the console. there is no bundle. anything else?
They’ll probably still get it for them because it’s $200 and they can’t hook it up to the TV

1 week ago '04        #61
space
space
 Rudboi said
Maybe I’m underestimating kids’ influence over their parents. Since the parents are most likely the ones paying I’d a*sume they’d get the kid the one that costs 33% less.
i think your underestimating the 35 million who already have one are not majority kids. parents spent their "mobile console" money already on their kids smartphones. and parents dont just by handhelds. they make them sell their current one for the new one. this is why gamestop is still in business. but No kid is selling their regular switch for a lite. idk why nintendo thinks there is some even larger market by shrinking the switch, its not. literally the 3ds has motion features. its "successor" as they call it does not. but the switch regular for a $100 more does? the logic is flawed and is meant to be a cash grab. Iwata is rolling over in his grave.

1 week ago '04        #62
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
They’ll probably still get it for them because it’s $200 and they can’t hook it up to the TV
i dont see that happening man. lets go evee already spoiled kids that they can play pokemon on their tv. thats one of the new pokemon games mains selling point in addition to the pokemon ball and motion controls. none of which the lite will be able to do. Neutering the ability to even hook it up to a tv should honestly not even bear the "switch" name. There is nothing "switching" in this model. It should be the called
"the baitNSwitch"

1 week ago '17        #63
space
space
 cold_young_thug said
i think your underestimating the 35 million who already have one are not majority kids. parents spent their "mobile console" money already on their kids smartphones. and parents dont just by handhelds. they make them sell their current one for the new one. this is why gamestop is still in business. but No kid is selling their regular switch for a lite. idk why nintendo thinks there is some even larger market by shrinking the switch, its not. literally the 3ds has motion features. its "successor" as they call it does not. but the switch regular for a $100 more does? the logic is flawed and is meant to be a cash grab. Iwata is rolling over in his grave.
I hate when people dislike something and act like the world is facing impending doom because of it

sh*t was simply made for people who solely play handheld games and cant justify paying $300 for one. There are plenty of switches available on offerup without a dock that range from $150-250. Parents will definitely rather buy $200 switch directly from Nintendo over someone on the street that’s potentially selling it for $50 less.

1 week ago '06        #64
991 40 heat pts40
space
space
$8,296 | Props total: 5999 5999
So holiday 2020 are they gonna be like 2 or 3 generations behind?

1 week ago '17        #65
space
space
 cold_young_thug said
i dont see that happening man. lets go evee already spoiled kids that they can play pokemon on their tv. thats one of the new pokemon games mains selling point in addition to the pokemon ball and motion controls. none of which the lite will be able to do. Neutering the ability to even hook it up to a tv should honestly not even bear the "switch" name. There is nothing "switching" in this model. It should be the called
"the baitNSwitch"
Most people I know played Lets Go in handheld mode tho. Game was way better that way

1 week ago '04        #66
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
I hate when people dislike something and act like the world is facing impending doom because of it

sh*t was simply made for people who solely play handheld games and cant justify paying $300 for one. There are plenty of switches available on offerup without a dock that range from $150-250. Parents will definitely rather buy $200 switch directly from Nintendo over someone on the street that’s potentially selling it for $50 less.
impending doom? no nerd. were just in a gaming thread, so thats what were talking about. And no they wont. you'll see. Just bookmark this thread so we can compare notes in a year.

1 week ago '04        #67
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Most people I know played Lets Go in handheld mode tho. Game was way better that way
that has to do with the hardware in the switch not able to play it consistently at higher resolutions. that goes for most switch games on the tv. but regardless the majority of people i know STILL played it on the tv more.

1 week ago '17        #68
space
space
 cold_young_thug said
impending doom? no nerd. were just in a gaming thread, so thats what were talking about. And no they wont. you'll see. Just bookmark this thread so we can compare notes in a year.
Yall say this about everything Nintendo puts out and only been right about the Wii U

1 week ago '17        #69
space
space
 cold_young_thug said
that has to do with the hardware in the switch not able to play it consistently at higher resolutions. that goes for most switch games on the tv. but regardless the majority of people i know STILL played it on the tv more.
People weren’t playing in handheld for the resolution bro. The game just handled better with traditional controllers

1 week ago '04        #70
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Yall say this about everything Nintendo puts out and only been right about the Wii U
was also right about the gamecube. and the 2ds. which also sold like sh*t next to the 3ds or new 3ds but nintendo wont tell you that. they literally did the same sh*t the 3ds and only the few people who literally cried about 3d ever bought it. \

and be clear imma nintendo fan. I love nintendo. which is why im triggered by this wack a*s cash-grab. nintendo didnt use to be like this. every revision used to mean something. this revision means literally nothing.

1 week ago '04        #71
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
People weren’t playing in handheld for the resolution bro. The game just handled better with traditional controllers
but u dont need to be in handheld to use the traditional controllers, so that doesn't even make sense. it handles better in portable mode because the system can push 720p far easier than it can push 1080p. simple.

1 week ago '17        #72
space
space
 cold_young_thug said
but u dont need to be in handheld to use the traditional controllers, so that doesn't even make sense. it handles better in portable mode because the system can push 720p far easier than it can push 1080p. simple.
You hardheaded bro. The point is it handles better in handheld mode because you cant use motion control and the pokeball, which you said were main selling points of the game

1 week ago '17        #73
space
space
 cold_young_thug said
was also right about the gamecube. and the 2ds. which also sold like sh*t next to the 3ds or new 3ds but nintendo wont tell you that. they literally did the same sh*t the 3ds and only the few people who literally cried about 3d ever bought it. \

and be clear imma nintendo fan. I love nintendo. which is why im triggered by this wack a*s cash-grab. nintendo didnt use to be like this. every revision used to mean something. this revision means literally nothing.
Gamecube didnt flop and the 2DS was put out in the same vein as the GBA micro. it was never meant to fly off shelves just to introduce someone to the 3DS library for cheaper, which is what the switch lite is doing. Iwata is not rolling over his grave for something Nintendo has always done.

1 week ago '19        #74
Rudboi 
space
space
space
 cold_young_thug said
Pokémon fans don’t care that the 3ds, which is damn near a decade old, has motion controls if they are unable to get the newest Pokémon game. And you said kids won’t turn in their switch for a switch light but originally you said the people that currently have the switch are not kids. Which is it?

I agree with your original point that there are a lot of adult switch owners. I am predicting that many of these adults with disposable income and family members in their house will buy the switch light to have in addition to their original switch. And kids who like Pokémon will also purchase the switch light. wife is always playing my switch, typically in handheld mode. Not sure if I’ll cop the light but it’s a possibility. Only time will tell how the switch light performs.

1 week ago '04        #75
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
You hardheaded bro. The point is it handles better in handheld mode because you cant use motion control and the pokeball, which you said were main selling points of the game
Your illiterate and hardheaded. Im telling you you can use motion controls in handheld. This isnt a debate. and it is a selling point of lets go evee, and the switch as whole. You dont know what your talkin about. You jus talking

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  46
Super slimey 2 just leaked!!
63 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  43
Jul 17 - A Brutal Heat Wave Is Descending on the U.S.—and Blackouts May Ensue
69 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+70online now  40
Image(s) inside Would you eat that cookie?
72 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+19online now  9
Image(s) inside What is your name in Japanese
156 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy