Burger King is now selling $1 Tacos

most viewed right now
+58  198
43 comments @movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '19        #1
2707 page views
81 comments

Witness102 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$42 | Props total: 203 203
Burger King is now selling $1 Tacos

New York (CNN Business)Burger King is trying to get customers' attention with something a little different: Tacos.

The burger chain started selling crunchy tacos on Tuesday. They cost $1 in most places, but are more expensive in Alaska and Hawaii, and will only be available for a limited time.

Burger King first tested out tacos in western states. "We've seen success with tacos in those restaurants and knew it was time to bring this west coast favorite nationwide," Chris Finazzo, president of North America for Burger King, said in a statement. The new item adds "variety" to Burger King's snack offerings, he added.

Fast food chains use limited-time offerings to build hype and keep their brands top of mind with consumers. And tacos in particular are a good way to attract customers, said Neil Saunders, managing director of GlobalData Retail, a research and consulting firm.

"Tacos remain very popular with consumers," Saunders said, adding that fast food companies that wouldn't traditionally sell tacos may be "keen to get a slice of that action."

Jack in the Box in particular has had great success with its taco. The item has been "a #1 seller and a fan favorite for years," Jen Kennedy, VP of product marketing at Jack in the Box, told CNN Business in a recent interview. She said the taco has been a "stand out distinction for us."

Jack in the Box also just started selling tiny, bite-sized tacos, but it's too early to say how they're doing.

Consumers are also flocking to Mexican chains for tacos. Taco Bell's parent company, Yum! Brands (YUM), reported that in the first quarter, sales at US Taco Bell restaurants open at least a year grew 5%. And sales at Chipotle (CMG) stores open at least a year grew 9.9% in the first quarter.

With its taco promotion, Burger King is likely trying to do more than just cash in on a specific, popular menu item, Saunders noted. It's also trying to create buzz for the brand with something unexpected.

"Some of it is marketing," Saunders said, adding that Burger King is adept at getting attention with creative menu innovations. For Halloween, the chain served a burger it claimed helped induce nightmares. More recently, to celebrate the third season of Netflix's "Stranger Things," it sold upside-down

There is a possible downside to attention-grabbing stunts, even successful ones. They could distract Burger King from focusing on creating growth within its main menu, Saunders said.

"They have to be careful with some of these promotions," he warned. "Burger King can be very haphazard with the menu." That can be a good thing because consumers like to try new things. But "sometimes you get the impression that Burger King chases after the shiny objects rather than focusing on the core business."

What do you think ? I'm def going to try
+4   

best
worst
81 comments

1 week ago '05        #2
Ari Gold 348 heat pts348
space
space
$16,110 | Props total: 6160 6160
Inb4bxmembersactliketheynevereatfastfood
+42   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '17        #3
lucifershammer 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,865 | Props total: 28468 28468
I need one of your guinea pigs to go out there to get the first bite and report back

ASAP
+20   

1 week ago '14        #4
titans7 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,334 | Props total: 26264 26264
Funny they should mention jack in the box because those nasty bk tacos taste like the tacos jitb sold years ago when they first got to my state. They taste like its a meat paste squirted into an old fried hard taco shell. I just a*sumed the ground beef would be delicious burger king grilled patties but it aint. Just find a taco bell and use their dollar menu. The bk tacos are not worth the money but the cheeseburger is still a dollar at bk

Last edited by titans7; 07-09-2019 at 10:27 PM..
+9   

1 week ago '12        #5
AlBooBoo 19 heat pts19
space
space
$49,440 | Props total: 74777 74777
Fast food is for unhealthy basement dwellers.

Boss ur life up and fix ur diet you scrubs. Hit the weight room while ur at it ...your existence grosses people out

1 week ago '17        #6
TellyHankton337 3 heat pts
space
space
$262 | Props total: 431 431
They did this in like 2001 or 2002.
+11   

1 week ago '17        #7
TellyHankton337 3 heat pts
space
space
$262 | Props total: 431 431
They did this in like 2001 or 2002

1 week ago '15        #8
Holdino 320 heat pts320
space
space
$8,413 | Props total: 16043 16043
BK has like 3 good items

1 week ago '18        #9
OptimisticCynic 2 heat pts
space
space
$422 | Props total: 1563 1563
BK has been selling tacos here in Chicago for years now. Guilty pleasure for me when a whopper meal just isn’t enough.
+5   

1 week ago '19        #10
Cowboy 
space
space
space
$16 | Props total: 35 35
 AlBooBoo said

Boss ur life up and fix ur diet you scrubs. Hit the weight room while ur at it ...your existence grosses people out
Facts

1 week ago '17        #11
RayDonovan 
space
space
space
$332 | Props total: 599 599
Burger king has fallen the fu*k off well fell the fu*k off here years ago
+1   

1 week ago '13        #12
fit4thethrone 73 heat pts73
space
space
$1,522 | Props total: 5846 5846
I'm in San Diego I had em when they dropped em before had my dumbass thinking it was gonna have some flame broiled beef in there and take it from me... They gross af don't water the dollar fellas
+2   

1 week ago '15        #13
Carrera 
space
space
space
$98 | Props total: 124 124
They can’t even do nuggets right . Now it’s tacos... I’ll pass
+5   

1 week ago '16        #14
ChiHoodrichback 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,146 | Props total: 10356 10356
 OptimisticCynic said
BK has been selling tacos here in Chicago for years now. Guilty pleasure for me when a whopper meal just isnít enough.
I was sho finna say I was grabbing them dollar tacos in highschool lol.
+3   

1 week ago '19        #15
Soulvoyage2 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$607 | Props total: 1573 1573
Whoís really stupid enough to put an apostrophe on a word to make it plural..

+5   

1 week ago '18        #16
niruggg 66 heat pts66
space
space
$9,159 | Props total: 25917 25917
 lucifershammer said
I need one of your guinea pigs to go out there to get the first bite and report back

ASAP
 Ari Gold said
Inb4bxmembersactliketheynevereatfastfood
 titans7 said
Funny they should mention jack in the box because those nasty bk tacos taste like the tacos jitb sold years ago when they first got to my state. They taste like its a meat paste squirted into an old fried hard taco shell. I just a*sumed the ground beef would be delicious burger king grilled patties but it aint. Just find a taco bell and use their dollar menu. The bk tacos are not worth the money but the cheeseburger is still a dollar at bk
 AlBooBoo said

Holdino said
BK has like 3 good items
 OptimisticCynic said
BK has been selling tacos here in Chicago for years now. Guilty pleasure for me when a whopper meal just isn’t enough.
 RayDonovan said
Burger king has fallen the fu*k off well fell the fu*k off here years ago
 fit4thethrone said
I'm in San Diego I had em when they dropped em before had my dumbass thinking it was gonna have some flame broiled beef in there and take it from me... They gross af don't water the dollar fellas
 Carrera said
They can’t even do nuggets right . Now it’s tacos... I’ll pass
 ChiHoodrichback said
I was sho finna say I was grabbing them dollar tacos in highschool lol.
my aunt is a retired medical professional she sent this to the family this morning :

Atlanta Ga. Health Department is warning all customers to go get tested for Hepatitis A...Wendy's, Zaxby's and other fast food restaurants has had employees that worked there, They test positive for the disease. All fast food restaurants should be of awareness. North, South, East, or West should be careful. Everyone should cook their own meals. The Devil is working in all directions these days. This information ia all over the network. Thank You.
+3   

1 week ago '16        #17
mlbnba2016 210 heat pts210
space
space
$10,489 | Props total: 33060 33060

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

+6   

1 week ago '18        #18
Mr Tibbs 
space
space
$180 | Props total: 510 510
 niruggg said
my aunt is a retired medical professional she sent this to the family this morning : Atlanta Ga. Health Department is warning all customers to go get tested for Hepatitis A...Wendy's, Zaxby's and other fast food restaurants has had employees that worked there, They test positive for the disease. All fast food restaurants should be of awareness. North, South, East, or West should be careful. Everyone should cook their own meals. The Devil is working in all directions these days. This information ia all over the network. Thank You.
fu*k Wendy’s. They had some fire spicy nuggets and a bomb breakfast chicken biscuit but now all they do is talk sh*t on Twitter. bi*ch made hoe a*s hepatitis bugger cooking fools.

Last edited by Mr Tibbs; 07-10-2019 at 08:38 AM..
+5   

1 week ago '18        #19
kido21 
space
space
$236 | Props total: 1435 1435
somethings just ain't meant to be

[pic - click to view]

+4   

1 week ago '05        #20
precys 98 heat pts98
space
space
$5,746 | Props total: 12280 12280
I remember when they did this back in the 90s/00s. Premade tacos slid into a fry cage and they fry the tacos with the fries and nuggets to heat it up. Oil dripping tacos in little baggies see thru from the oil and hot wilted lettuce

[pic - click to view]

+3   

1 week ago '09        #21
All Star Flow 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,953 | Props total: 1995 1995
 fit4thethrone said
From SD too and yeah those tacos are garbage
But jack tacos with some ranch and taco sauce be hitting
I crave nasty food sometimes

1 week ago '15        #22
Teddy KGB 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,120 | Props total: 52068 52068
 Soulvoyage2 said
Whoís really stupid enough to put an apostrophe on a word to make it plural..

The fact that I was the only one to prop you so far says a lot.
+1   

1 week ago '10        #23
bunun 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 2926 2926
the shell tasted over fried and stale, the meat didnt taste like meat, get a dorito loco taco and save yourself the disappointment
+1   

1 week ago '15        #24
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
$2,243 | Props total: 4778 4778
I remember they having these at the emeryville bk a few years back. Fast food is funny i barely ate it but i thought it was normal that bk was going against jack in the crack but it was limited at a few places. Only thing i loved about bk was their icees and rodeo burgers it just takes me back to when i was a kid with small soldiers.

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '16        #25
kuul 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,967 | Props total: 8108 8108
The onions or whatever seasoning on the beef stays with you all day when you eat burger king
+3   

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+33online now  46
Image(s) inside Almost drowned in her pus-y so I swam to her butt
21 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+16online now  42
The panhandlers in Mexico put the panhandlers in the US to SHAME!
37 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+18online now  38
Jul 15 - Killer decapitated Instagram star ďexĒ 17, then shared photo of her b..
284 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside Jul 16 - BREAKING: House votes on formally condemning Trump's racist as..
155 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy