Sega's Dreamcast Remembered By 8 Of It Most Important Devs DreamCast 20th Anniversary

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '05        #26
Micheal C. Will 35 heat pts35
space
space
$32,309 | Props total: 32085 32085
 BOLO1 said
Simmer down. One Google search would've sufficed you.

I looked it up buddy, it had simple net connectivity to a server for very primitive tasks.

It wasn't connected to i.e. The World Wide Web aka the Internet because it was created a year later and wasn't even release to the general public until 1991.

Whereas this Famicon console came out in 1988.

But I'll let you cook, because you wanted to sound cool and try to one up people on a Internet forum.
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #27
Akira Son Bio 236 heat pts236
space
space
$53,661 | Props total: 22556 22556
Dreamcast definitely died way before its time. I always heard the rumor because the president of Sega died the company just stuck to making games .... which looking back at it now was stupid, lol. Them pretty much going bankrupt makes so much more sense.

Sega had way too many misses though console wise. Sega CD, The 32X or whatever that bullsh*t adapter was. Saturn, which I was a huge fan of but game wise that sh*t was trash. Listening to cd's on that joint was fu*king insane though.

Dreamcast deserved better bruh
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #28
Akira Son Bio 236 heat pts236
space
space
$53,661 | Props total: 22556 22556
 Micheal C. Will said

[pic - click to view]

Always gotta be that one guy.

You know damn well it wasn't the Internet as we know it now. And I believe I said "Internet and web browser in my sentence"

Did the Famicom have a web browser too, as well as capabilities to connect to the web?
Hell yeah bruh. Had Google, Yahoo, pr0nhub. sh*t, you could even get on Boxden with that joint back in the day

good times ....... alright, I'm a stop

2 weeks ago '12        #29
OGpremo 490 heat pts490
space
space
$11,039 | Props total: 14190 14190
So many memories!!!!! Goat!!!
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #30
KANG SuPaFLyy 
space
space
space
$57 | Props total: 81 81
 Ghostface k*lla said

[pic - click to view]

Most slept on
Facts
+2   

1 week ago '17        #31
SPdaGOAT 38 heat pts38
space
space
$17,798 | Props total: 37626 37626
 justin747 said
Bring up Dreamcast and the Shenmue fanboys are in route.

Shenmue is fu*king garbage and you weirdos are gonna buy the new one anyway. I cannot wait to talk sh*t in the Shenmue 3 threads.

You’re literally the first person to bring up Shenmue lol

1 week ago '17        #32
SPdaGOAT 38 heat pts38
space
space
$17,798 | Props total: 37626 37626
 Dehone said
That's why the 16 bit era games age better because of how they were stylized. Retro will never go out of style. Games aiming for realism will always age terribly. Shenmue still holds that charm for me, dated graphics, bad voice acting and all
Yea 16 bit benefits from basically being 2D at its absolute best. Most of the N64/PSX/Saturn games have aged rough and some PS2/DC era games aged bad too

1 week ago '05        #33
Sub Crazy 15 heat pts15
space
space
$14,351 | Props total: 4534 4534
Dreamcast had awesome games, but all of the best games have been ported already to consoles with better controllers.

You can’t beat free games though!!!!!!!

1 week ago '05        #34
Sub Crazy 15 heat pts15
space
space
$14,351 | Props total: 4534 4534
 Akira Son Bio said
Dreamcast definitely died way before its time. I always heard the rumor because the president of Sega died the company just stuck to making games .... which looking back at it now was stupid, lol. Them pretty much going bankrupt makes so much more sense.

Sega had way too many misses though console wise. Sega CD, The 32X or whatever that bullsh*t adapter was. Saturn, which I was a huge fan of but game wise that sh*t was trash. Listening to cd's on that joint was fu*king insane though.

Dreamcast deserved better bruh
I wish the Saturn picked up more steam.

It had the best controller for 2D f*ghting games and Capcom games played so fu*king well because of the RAM expansion.
+2   

1 week ago '19        #35
BOLO1 3 heat pts
space
space
$224 | Props total: 586 586
 Micheal C. Will said
because you wanted to sound cool and try to one up people on a Internet forum.
Sega fangirl in feelings heavy lmao... You the one using gifs and smileys to accentuate your reply... hereyago...

"The first home console with built-in internet connection, the Apple Pippin, was launched in 1996. However, its $599 price tag kept it from effectively competing with other internet gaming options (by comparison, the Sega Saturn and its separately sold Netlink device combined cost less than $400)."

Point still stands...Sega Dreamcast was NOT the first home console to have internet. A modem YES... Internet NO. You still cooking???

1 week ago '17        #36
justin747 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,806 | Props total: 67985 67985
 BOLO1 said
Sega fangirl in feelings heavy lmao... You the one using gifs and smileys to accentuate your reply... hereyago...

"The first home console with built-in internet connection, the Apple Pippin, was launched in 1996. However, its $599 price tag kept it from effectively competing with other internet gaming options (by comparison, the Sega Saturn and its separately sold Netlink device combined cost less than $400)."

Point still stands...Sega Dreamcast was NOT the first home console to have internet. A modem YES... Internet NO. You still cooking???
I mean are you looking at just internet or actual internet gaming. If you're talking gaming then it's the Dreamcast case the Pippin didn't have any internet compatible games. It just had a web browser. It was basically just a modified Apple computer that played games.

If all you care about is internet access then it's still not the Pippin. Sega had a modem for the Genesis back on the early 90s.

[video - click to view]

+1   

1 week ago '05        #37
space
space
 justin747 said
I mean are you looking at just internet or actual internet gaming. If you're talking gaming then it's the Dreamcast case the Pippin didn't have any internet compatible games. It just had a web browser. It was basically just a modified Apple computer that played games.

If all you care about is internet access then it's still not the Pippin. Sega had a modem for the Genesis back on the early 90s.

Dudes a clown bruh, he still wants to argue his silly point when I clearly said "the first console with Internet and a web browser. None of those consoles he mentioned had both of those or to top it off Internet competitive and cooperative gaming.

That's why I stop quoting him, he's a just miserable troll.
+1   

1 week ago '08        #38
Slicedadon 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$846 | Props total: 864 864
Has this system ever been emulated? Asking for research purposes

1 week ago '05        #39
space
space
 Slicedadon said
Has this system ever been emulated? Asking for research purposes

[pic - click to view]

[spoiler - click to view]

+3   

1 week ago '06        #40
991 40 heat pts40
space
space
$8,296 | Props total: 5999 5999
Dreamcast>>>ps2
+3   

7 days ago '14        #41
WaterWhippin 7 heat pts
space
space
$541 | Props total: 1633 1633
So no one gonna mention this hidden gem

[pic - click to view]

+3   

5 days ago '19        #42
bressman 
space
space
space
$116 | Props total: 275 275
i wanted one of these bi*ches so fu*kin bad back then. when i was a kid i dreamed i walked to the corner store and copped one of 5 dollars. my stupid a*s woke up and was looking all over the crib for that sh*t like i really had one. nobody in my hood had one either. to this day i have never touched or even seen a dreamcast in real life

4 days ago '16        #43
AfroBucks88 63 heat pts63
space
space
$4,196 | Props total: 12672 12672

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

+1   

4 days ago '05        #44
tokinjohn 3030 heat pts3030
space
space
$18,843 | Props total: 94539 94539
 Micheal C. Will said
First console with internet and a web browser, also the first console in which you could play roms. Including in-game voice chat, downloadable content, and second screen technology as innovations as well.

Ahead of it is time is understatement.

I remember many hours playing Phantasy Star Online and Quake Arena on Dreamcast.
sh*t was my first computer and how I used blackplanet & Migente
+2   

4 days ago '05        #45
space
space
 tokinjohn said
sh*t was my first computer and how I used blackplanet & Migente
Yea, I remember those days.

I had a Gateway Computer though for actual web browsing.
+2   

3 days ago '18        #46
RDJordan5 3 heat pts
space
space
$219 | Props total: 250 250
Unreal Tournament online was the sh*t, good times.
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  64
Super slimey 2 just leaked!!
63 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  47
Jul 17 - A Brutal Heat Wave Is Descending on the U.S.—and Blackouts May Ensue
74 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+70online now  33
Image(s) inside Would you eat that cookie?
72 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+77online now  27
Video inside TBT When Cesar Millan Got Caught Off Guard
88 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy