How to Treat IT Technicians, According to IT Technicians

most viewed right now
+70  170
44 comments @movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '10        #1
2427 page views
73 comments

Shhon 1329 heat pts1329
space
space
$22,513 | Props total: 34905 34905
How to Treat IT Technicians, According to IT Technicians

VICE
Published on Jul 7, 2019

IT technicians often face an overwhelming amount of requests and an underwhelming amount of consideration. We spoke to some of our own techs to find out the do's and don'ts of IT etiquette. Pro-tip: file a ticket!

best
worst
73 comments

1 week ago '12        #2
AlBooBoo 19 heat pts19
space
space
$49,440 | Props total: 74778 74778
No list..well then I’m slapping the fk outta this post

Not watching
+17   

1 week ago '07        #3
DIPSET101 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,843 | Props total: 17852 17852
Never p*ss off the IT person. I used to take my sweet a*s time fixing a simple problem cause that person pissed me off
+32   

1 week ago '10        #4
Shhon 1329 heat pts1329 OP
space
space
 AlBooBoo said

Not watching
hope everythings going good for you fam

DIPSET101 said
Never p*ss off the IT person. I used to take my sweet a*s time fixing a simple problem cause that person pissed me off
+1   

1 week ago '17        #5
Hurricane 6 heat pts
space
space
$612 | Props total: 1763 1763
As someone that works in the IT field for a while the most annoying thing people do is put urgency on their problems. You may have 20 other issues but they make it a point to let you know that it’s a work stoppage. Then if you don’t get it done within the time THEY set they will send an email to the entire group to bash you. FYI bi*ches out there that do that if you think that will make someone put emphasis on your issue because of it good luck. sh*t is funny to all of us how people throw tantrums because they aren’t getting there way.
+19   

1 week ago '08        #6
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,496 | Props total: 8510 8510
Bottom line: send a damn ticket

I remember in my tech days, people feel too damn entitled the moment you do them a favor. Some even expect you to work on their personal devoces for free cause "well uhh you fox computers everyday" fu*kouttahere

People expect you to know every file/process/whatever the crap on their machines that ever happened since the beginnig of time
+21   

1 week ago '04        #7
JacmanPones 24 heat pts24
space
space
$3,318 | Props total: 769 769
 flav said

I remember in my tech days, people feel too damn entitled the moment you do them a favor. Some even expect you to work on their personal devoces for free cause "well uhh you fox computers everyday" fu*kouttahere

People expect you to know every file/process/whatever the crap on their machines that ever happened since the beginnig of time
Simple. Make...a...ticket!

Glad I'm not in client facing support anymore. Only cloud systems engineering now

[pic - click to view]

+14   

1 week ago '11        #8
Radio Raheem 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,525 | Props total: 2033 2033
People be putting in request for dumb sh*t like they monitor don't work. Turn the sh*t on first!
+18   

1 week ago '04        #9
WhoThaFuk 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,216 | Props total: 1328 1328
IT loves me because I’m the defacto IT guy for our department. The sh*t people ask me to help them with is like...did you really not think to check the power cord or some other super obvious connection? It is scary how inept people are when in comes to installing software. I mean the sh*t literally walks you through it. But this just tells me if that if I’m willing to do what most people are too lazy or ignorant to do, my value only increases; because I’ll do that and more.
+17   

1 week ago '10        #10
space
space
 AlBooBoo said

Not watching
if you watched it, you would know there is nothing to list

[pic - click to view]

you must not be doing good...

1 week ago '12        #11
AlBooBoo 19 heat pts19
space
space
$49,440 | Props total: 74778 74778
 Shhon said
if you watched it, you would know there is nothing to list

[pic - click to view]

you must not be doing good...
Shut yo a*s up.

Put a list or keep getting slapped

1 week ago '08        #12
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,496 | Props total: 8510 8510
 JacmanPones said
Simple. Make...a...ticket!

Glad I'm not in client facing support anymore. Only cloud systems engineering now

[pic - click to view]

Same here my n*gga, cloud hybrid but no longer facing clients, fx#*k that!!

+2   

1 week ago '10        #13
space
space
 AlBooBoo said
Shut yo a*s up.

Put a list or keep getting slapped
theres nothing to list dude

1 week ago '09        #14
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,973 | Props total: 1067 1067
So how do I break into IT without a cert.(currently working on it)
+5   

1 week ago '07        #15
DIPSET101 31 heat pts31
space
space
 faceoffizhere said
Lower level help desk. Pay will be sh*t and you'll hate people more but you'll learn alot. I'm working on my first cert now and a few months experience so I'm still in help desk
+12   

1 week ago '17        #16
Hurricane 6 heat pts
space
space
$612 | Props total: 1763 1763
 faceoffizhere said
What certification are you working on?
+3   

1 week ago '13        #17
jboxden 
space
space
$1,328 | Props total: 1084 1084
tryna beak outta this end user client-facing bullsh*t I've done my time
+1   

1 week ago '09        #18
faceoffizhere 
space
space
 Hurricane said
What certification are you working on?
A+ still trying to figure what route I want to go. I know I wanna get networking not sure about security tho. I actually tried to do geek squad for more experience but they told me I didn't have enough. I just need my foot in the door to get more experience. I do fix computers on the side but I need varieties of tasks.
+2   

1 week ago '09        #19
faceoffizhere 
space
space
 DIPSET101 said
Lower level help desk. Pay will be sh*t and you'll hate people more but you'll learn alot. I'm working on my first cert now and a few months experience so I'm still in help desk
Trash I probably make more now than I will make but this aint the field I wanna be in. How did you get into that job???
+1   

1 week ago '07        #20
DIPSET101 31 heat pts31
space
space
 faceoffizhere said
Trash I probably make more now than I will make but this aint the field I wanna be in. How did you get into that job???
Man I was searching for months. Lucked up and got one at a small IT company. I say look for anything help desk related. Dont matter if its IT related and study your certs and beef up your IT knowledge. That is if you cant find an actual IT helpdesk job. Job I first started in only hire by word of mouth and a family friend knew the owner
+1   

1 week ago '07        #21
DIPSET101 31 heat pts31
space
space
 faceoffizhere said
A+ still trying to figure what route I want to go. I know I wanna get networking not sure about security tho. I actually tried to do geek squad for more experience but they told me I didn't have enough. I just need my foot in the door to get more experience. I do fix computers on the side but I need varieties of tasks.
A+ 901 and 902 expire at the end of the month then they bring in a new one. So if you're going for that you don't have long. Since you fix computers on the side put that on your resume.
@ might have more info for you
+4   

1 week ago '04        #22
DJ Maximum|M 65 heat pts65
space
space
$47,120 | Props total: 27365 27365
 flav said

this!!! like when I worked at a trucking company the owner would want me to work on his and his wife laptop and other devices

I did it once and then told him if its not a computer in the office and work related, I cannot work on it without an invoice. He called himself getting mad because I didnt do it. Then when bonuses came around he went and handed everyone an envelope except me. Then said something like you wasnt around here long enough to recieve one . From there on I knew exactly I wasnt gonna stay around. Took a 3 Month absence to train for IT certs. They got pissed then I just left. 6 Months later I logged back into their severs using the Owners credentials erased the maintenence files from the server cpu and the backups.

[pic - click to view]

+18   

1 week ago '09        #23
faceoffizhere 
space
space
 DIPSET101 said
Man I was searching for months. Lucked up and got one at a small IT company. I say look for anything help desk related. Dont matter if its IT related and study your certs and beef up your IT knowledge. That is if you cant find an actual IT helpdesk job. Job I first started in only hire by word of mouth and a family friend knew the owner
I cant find shid I keep being passed by on apps. It's tough to get in. I see a bunch of help desk tho but they want you to have all sorts of degrees and certs to pay you 14hr. Thats cool you were able to get in. I'll keep looking.
+1   

1 week ago '09        #24
faceoffizhere 
space
space
 DIPSET101 said
A+ 901 and 902 expire at the end of the month then they bring in a new one. So if you're going for that you don't have long. Since you fix computers on the side put that on your resume.
@ might have more info for you
fu*k I don't know if I'll be ready 😫 what happens after they expire?? Appreciate the info tho.

1 week ago '07        #25
DIPSET101 31 heat pts31
space
space
 faceoffizhere said
fu*k I don't know if I'll be ready 😫 what happens after they expire?? Appreciate the info tho.
After the 901 and 902 expire they bring in the new one which is the core series I believe. Still A+ just a different set of tests. Not sure how different it will be but I'm sure if you're studying the 901 and 902 then it's pretty much useless for the core series.

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+33online now  52
Image(s) inside Almost drowned in her pus-y so I swam to her butt
21 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+16online now  42
The panhandlers in Mexico put the panhandlers in the US to SHAME!
37 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+18online now  41
Jul 15 - Killer decapitated Instagram star “ex” 17, then shared photo of her b..
284 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+25online now  15
Video inside Bimmy Feels Like Murder Inc Jammed Up Supreme
123 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy