Jul 6 - Full-time minimum wage workers cannot afford a 2-bedroom rental anywhere in the US

most viewed right now
+23  72
30 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '12        #51
tacoforprez15 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$469 | Props total: 968 968
Living out in SoCal. I make well over the minimum wage and it's still not enough. It's crazy out here.
+4   

1 week ago '04        #52
DERRTY CHYBO 14 heat pts14
space
space
$12,206 | Props total: 2339 2339
sh*t im suprisedits 2 bedroom.you cant afford a 1 bedroomjoint with that little money

1 week ago '05        #53
HARBINGER 461 heat pts461
space
space
$54,143 | Props total: 13988 13988
 TheIronyIs said
It's been like this for awhile which is why I left the US when I had the chance.

I only go back when I run out of Chips Ahoy cookies.
Where now?

1 week ago '15        #54
Madethagreat 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,899 | Props total: 15569 15569
 DaQCKing said
And here in Charlotte, and I would a*sume other major cities across America, they keep building these fu*king apartments that no one can afford.
And mini mansion neighborhoods by The dozen

All while jobs offer 10 a hour with a straight face lol

Setting themselves up for catastrophe

And it’s a right to work state

So they can fire you for no reason
+1   

1 week ago '19        #55
zzxxccvvbb 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$962 | Props total: 1983 1983
 DeadendBoy said
Someone can afford them or else they would not build them
Investors can afford them and then rent them and help keep area rents high.

1 week ago '11        #56
GBONIT011 
space
space
$385 | Props total: 122 122
Gosh damn that margin though you looking at about 10 years of grab a*s between that 10 dollar difference. With yo two kids peeing on both ya legs and box springs

1 week ago '05        #57
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
$13,881 | Props total: 10704 10704
 bibbyboi said

The 1950s

The 1950s

Often looked to as a model era, the 1950s may have been nearly as picture-perfect as Leave it to Beaver seemed to suggest―minimum wage workers could pay rent for a month for less than a week and a half of full-time work―or catch Disney'sCinderella for just over a half-hour of labor.

Minimum wage: $0.75/hour
Gas: $0.27 or 22m
Movie ticket: $0.48 or 38m
Rent: $42 or 56hrs

[pic - click to view]

It's supposed to be though. Corporations got you thinking otherwise.
To play devilís advocate, in the 1950ís, there also was no dependence on additional ďutilitiesĒ such as the internet. Same with the norm on having a cell phone with data plan, countless of subscriptions such as the gym, cable/streaming services, etc. When times were simple, so were the living essentials.
+2   

1 week ago '06        #58
sj808 
space
space
space
$609 | Props total: 794 794
When has anyone been able to live off of minimum wage?
+1   

1 week ago '17        #59
bvali 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$349 | Props total: 1285 1285
 TheIronyIs said
It's been like this for awhile which is why I left the US when I had the chance.

I only go back when I run out of Chips Ahoy cookies.
Where did you go?

1 week ago '04        #60
WhoThaFuk 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,213 | Props total: 1320 1320
 DaQCKing said
And here in Charlotte, and I would a*sume other major cities across America, they keep building these fu*king apartments that no one can afford.
That are also ugly and generic as fu*k. Same apartments that where being built in Oakland & San Francisco, look exactly the same as the ones in Vegas, Indianapolis & Cleveland. Wanting $1,800 - 2,200K a month for some bullsh*t.
+3   

1 week ago '05        #61
Soprano ATL 49 heat pts49
space
space
$10,931 | Props total: 3770 3770
 postemupndunkit said
Youíre right , but isnít that wrong ?
If you not in HS and work a minimum wage job, you are really fu*king up. This situation we are in is far from ideal, and the wage/cost of living disagreement needs to be fixed greatly, but if you working minimum wage you need to take a long hard look in the mirror, cuz you are doing it very wrong.
+2   

1 week ago '13        #62
North!!! 452 heat pts452
space
space
$62,419 | Props total: 56615 56615
 Skilllz said
I urge all my fellow young people, who aren't the academic types; to take the time and effort to learn a trade or a skill. It could save your life.

I also encourage people to live by their means. You can live modestly and over time, save some money. Keeping up with the Jones' is not the wave.
All this news just showing us working a job you donít like not the wave

Stay there if you have to for a bit stack up

While learning a trade, skill and/or start your own sh*t...
+3   

1 week ago '17        #63
Naga Sadow 52 heat pts52
space
space
$13,732 | Props total: 58255 58255
 Skilllz said
I urge all my fellow young people, who aren't the academic types; to take the time and effort to learn a trade or a skill. It could save your life.

I also encourage people to live by their means. You can live modestly and over time, save some money. Keeping up with the Jones' is not the wave.
I tell kids all the time that if you don't want to go to college then at least learn a trade. I push them, especially my son, to learn basic programming and learn PLC and HMI logic for the automated world.
+2   

1 week ago '16        #64
Blackaveli 
space
space
$1,061 | Props total: 1399 1399
 Skilllz said

When you say build a skill or trade,

I know thereís trade school, but what kind of skills are you building separately that you can learn without trade school?
+1   

1 week ago '05        #65
Soprano ATL 49 heat pts49
space
space
$10,931 | Props total: 3770 3770
 Blackaveli said
When you say build a skill or trade,

I know thereís trade school, but what kind of skills are you building separately that you can learn without trade school?
Programming and technical skills. Become a master of a piece of software, etc. People always looking for excel experts, but you probably need a college degree to get you a job to make it as beneficial as it could be.
+2   

1 week ago '16        #66
Blackaveli 
space
space
$1,061 | Props total: 1399 1399
 Soprano ATL said
Programming and technical skills. Become a master of a piece of software, etc. People always looking for excel experts, but you probably need a college degree to get you a job to make it as beneficial as it could be.
Any other skills to build with no degree?

1 week ago '13        #67
North!!! 452 heat pts452
space
space
$62,419 | Props total: 56615 56615
 Blackaveli said
Any other skills to build with no degree?
Salesperson jobs like being a realtor...
+1   

1 week ago '15        #68
Fantastic 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,589 | Props total: 8208 8208
 North Face said
And it happens in your democratic cities. La, SF, NY, Seattle.

The dems are delusional. Fake articles to make look Trump bad.
LMAO the irony that those are almost liberal states too and the most expensive, highest gas tax of any state (Cali). Almost impossible to get a carry permit (ny) ohh and itís only 1200 a month for a pod (sf). The democrats are the all talk party (they lost to trump) lol. Shows how incompetent they are.

Now dems want to get Americans on more govt programs so youíll never vote republican again and be trapped voting for dem or youre free money from the government will be taken away.

The democratic debate showed how out of reality these dems are. All they did was talk sh*t about our current govt. it was a sh*t show with most of them just bombarding the other , basically a screaming match of who can go louder.

Itís insane that anyone would think more people on big govt programs would be great for this country. If you think politics are sketchy now wait till the govt decides which companies we are allowed to use and not use. Itís all about money baby I think Hillary spent 3x more money than trump , another ironic mention , with her being for the middle class. Lmao. This is all a ploy for votes from low iq, poor people and probably illegals. Remember these are the people that want to charge an American for not paying for health insurance but they want to give an illegal alien who trespassed into our country free healthcare. I wish I was wrong about this info as well but itís all a pretty smart con.

Think about it , this is Bernieís how many time running? Now whatís his next big ďgoalĒ? Paying off student debts , his base is pretty much college kids so the smartest thing he could do is say weíll pay off your college (this is just a ploy for a vote). Itís nobodyís fault you were dumb enough to pay 200k to goto some dumb school and pick a retarded major. Itís almost like a certain manipulation on these dumb n*ggas who pay attention to nothing and see this dumb white dude saying Iíll pay your debt! What you think those uneducated gonna do? They gonna say Bernie is the best.

Then we got the dude wanting to give someone 1k a month for free? Lol , explain to me how taking 1k from someone then handing another person 1k can create a trickle up effect? That sh*t donít work, poor people are poor because they have no ambition, no education , have 10 kids , etc. itís a poor reflection on yourself and maybe Iím different because I grew up poor so I saw first hand how dumb poor people are. They have a 700 dollar rent with 450 electric bill cause they leave the front door open with ac blowing out, or eating McDonaldís every night wondering why your life sucks.

Iím honestly worried what Democrats will do to capitalism , yeah itís not perfect but itís the closest thing we have for making a name for ourselves. People have to understand the lesser of two evils , thatís how you look at sh*t.

The biggest problem we are facing is mental heath issues , but no body talks about that, dems wonít even say its mental health for all the shootings. They think banning a gun thatís used in less then 2% of k*llings will solve the problem. Another retarded policy that doesnít help anyone just slowly takes more and more of our rights away.

This wealth tax is about the dumbest sh*t Iíve heard. They wanna tax Wall Street, these people who are top 1% of 1%. Guess what these are people with special skills that 99% cannot even comprehend , why should you suffer for being smarter? Or having more ambition? Is that fair? fu*k no itís not, you know how hard it is to make money on Wall Street? Then we take their money and give it to degenerates to go buy LV belts, Jordan sneakers , fast food everyday, drugs and expect these people to get their sh*t together. The thing is the dems donít care about that, once your hooked on the govt program then you really going to feel how great capitalism was when you actually had the opportunity to be something. Now your stuck on govt programs that you can never get off and can never vote for a republican again. Remember thereís way more poor people then rich so Iím sure the dems will find a way to trick honest Americans in voting for what ďtheyĒ believe in.

1 week ago '07        #69
Deniro732 15 heat pts15
space
space
$16,590 | Props total: 6408 6408
Of course not. If gets worst depending on where you live tbh. I live in l.a and you definitely couldn't survive on minimum wage unless you had 3 jobs and a side hustle

1 week ago '09        #70
messy marv stan 5401 heat pts5401
space
space
$73,894 | Props total: 126176 126176
 inthezone said
The cost of the Iraq war could have bought every family in the US a house

Imagine all of the disposable income and what it would do to communities

$6 trillion is about $50k for each family on average smh

$1 trillion to fix road ways
$2 trillion to wipe out student debt
maybe $500 billion on boosting education
and another $1 trillion to boost social programs

thats a $4.5 trillion economic boost that might take a couple years to realize but its not money going into the war hawks bank accounts
+1   

1 week ago '11        #71
inthezone 18 heat pts18
space
space
$5,609 | Props total: 8390 8390
 messy marv stan said
$6 trillion is about $50k for each family on average smh

$1 trillion to fix road ways
$2 trillion to wipe out student debt
maybe $500 billion on boosting education
and another $1 trillion to boost social programs

thats a $4.5 trillion economic boost that might take a couple years to realize but its not money going into the war hawks bank accounts
Crazy how America allocates our money
We should have the best homeland defense imaginable but thatís where it stops
We should focus on fixing America first before we try to fix other parts of the world

1 week ago '16        #72
North Face 42 heat pts42
space
space
$13,524 | Props total: 25805 25805
 Fantastic said
LMAO the irony that those are almost liberal states too and the most expensive, highest gas tax of any state (Cali). Almost impossible to get a carry permit (ny) ohh and itís only 1200 a month for a pod (sf). The democrats are the all talk party (they lost to trump) lol. Shows how incompetent they are.

Now dems want to get Americans on more govt programs so youíll never vote republican again and be trapped voting for dem or youre free money from the government will be taken away.

The democratic debate showed how out of reality these dems are. All they did was talk sh*t about our current govt. it was a sh*t show with most of them just bombarding the other , basically a screaming match of who can go louder.

Itís insane that anyone would think more people on big govt programs would be great for this country. If you think politics are sketchy now wait till the govt decides which companies we are allowed to use and not use. Itís all about money baby I think Hillary spent 3x more money than trump , another ironic mention , with her being for the middle class. Lmao. This is all a ploy for votes from low iq, poor people and probably illegals. Remember these are the people that want to charge an American for not paying for health insurance but they want to give an illegal alien who trespassed into our country free healthcare. I wish I was wrong about this info as well but itís all a pretty smart con.

Think about it , this is Bernieís how many time running? Now whatís his next big ďgoalĒ? Paying off student debts , his base is pretty much college kids so the smartest thing he could do is say weíll pay off your college (this is just a ploy for a vote). Itís nobodyís fault you were dumb enough to pay 200k to goto some dumb school and pick a retarded major. Itís almost like a certain manipulation on these dumb n*ggas who pay attention to nothing and see this dumb white dude saying Iíll pay your debt! What you think those uneducated gonna do? They gonna say Bernie is the best.

Then we got the dude wanting to give someone 1k a month for free? Lol , explain to me how taking 1k from someone then handing another person 1k can create a trickle up effect? That sh*t donít work, poor people are poor because they have no ambition, no education , have 10 kids , etc. itís a poor reflection on yourself and maybe Iím different because I grew up poor so I saw first hand how dumb poor people are. They have a 700 dollar rent with 450 electric bill cause they leave the front door open with ac blowing out, or eating McDonaldís every night wondering why your life sucks.

Iím honestly worried what Democrats will do to capitalism , yeah itís not perfect but itís the closest thing we have for making a name for ourselves. People have to understand the lesser of two evils , thatís how you look at sh*t.

The biggest problem we are facing is mental heath issues , but no body talks about that, dems wonít even say its mental health for all the shootings. They think banning a gun thatís used in less then 2% of k*llings will solve the problem. Another retarded policy that doesnít help anyone just slowly takes more and more of our rights away.

This wealth tax is about the dumbest sh*t Iíve heard. They wanna tax Wall Street, these people who are top 1% of 1%. Guess what these are people with special skills that 99% cannot even comprehend , why should you suffer for being smarter? Or having more ambition? Is that fair? fu*k no itís not, you know how hard it is to make money on Wall Street? Then we take their money and give it to degenerates to go buy LV belts, Jordan sneakers , fast food everyday, drugs and expect these people to get their sh*t together. The thing is the dems donít care about that, once your hooked on the govt program then you really going to feel how great capitalism was when you actually had the opportunity to be something. Now your stuck on govt programs that you can never get off and can never vote for a republican again. Remember thereís way more poor people then rich so Iím sure the dems will find a way to trick honest Americans in voting for what ďtheyĒ believe in.
You summed it up. All facts in this post. KEG2020.
+1   

1 week ago '04        #73
bibbyboi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$12,300 | Props total: 4401 4401
 pnoi89 said
To play devilís advocate, in the 1950ís, there also was no dependence on additional ďutilitiesĒ such as the internet. Same with the norm on having a cell phone with data plan, countless of subscriptions such as the gym, cable/streaming services, etc. When times were simple, so were the living essentials.
No offense but I don't think you understand my point or what the article is saying.

Working full time at minimum wage right now is not enough to rent a house.

Working full time at minimum wage in the 50's was enough to rent a house and still have 2 and a half weeks worth of wage left.

Wages haven't increased with inflation. That is the main problem for most of America.
+2   

1 week ago '07        #74
yolaboy 196 heat pts196
space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 13014 13014
 Naga Sadow said
When was the last time you saw a non luxury apartment complex built? I live in the Steele Creek area and that's all they're building.
in my area, 6 different affordable apt complexes have been emptied, gutted and will likely have rent increases of 50-100% when they fill them again since they're near downtown
+1   

1 week ago '07        #75
yolaboy 196 heat pts196
space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 13014 13014
 Fantastic said
you know how hard it is to make money on Wall Street?
about as hard as it is to make money gambling

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+103online now  22
Image(s) inside Light Work
53 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside 10 Best Style Tips for Dad Bods Or Chubby Guys