Jul 5 - Trump says administration preparing an executive order on drug prices

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '11        #1
1612 page views
80 comments

Sin 2173 heat pts2173
space
space
$32,262 | Props total: 99268 99268
Jul 5 - Trump says administration preparing an executive order on drug prices

President Donald Trump said Friday he’s preparing an executive order declaring a “favored nations clause” for drug prices, where the U.S. will pay no more than the country with the lowest prescription drug prices.

“As you know for years and years other nations pay less for drugs than we do,” Trump told reporters from the White House South Lawn. “We’re working on a favored nations clause, where we pay whatever the lowest nation’s price is. Why should other nations — like Canada — why should other nations pay less than us? ”

The Trump administration and Democrats in Congress are both trying to bring more transparency to drug prices and, ultimately, lower costs for consumers.

The Trump administration is trying to shed more light on the health-care industry’s opaque pricing practices by requiring Big Pharma to include drug prices in TV ads starting this month. It proposed new rules in January that would cut out the middlemen and force drugmakers to pass drug rebates directly to consumers. The president also issued an executive order last month requiring hospitals and insurers to disclose negotiated rates for services, as well as provide patients with out-of-pocket costs before their procedures.

visit this link https://www.cnbc.com/2019 .. ive-order.html
+25   

best
worst
80 comments

3 weeks ago '06        #2
ehizzy3 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,391 | Props total: 2252 2252
He’s bluffing

3 weeks ago '17        #3
Naga Sadow 55 heat pts55
space
space
$13,854 | Props total: 59255 59255
This would be a huge deal. I hope it passes.
+34   

3 weeks ago '05        #4
Fauby 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,519 | Props total: 12700 12700
This one thing I'll support him on 100%

Gotta give it up to him if he does this.

My only question is what country? Are there certain countries they won't match?
+13   

3 weeks ago '16        #5
Boogersugar 74 heat pts74
space
space
$6,187 | Props total: 22372 22372
I find this hard to believe given his previous attempts to take health care away from people and raise their prices but this is a policy I would support. I don't believe him though.
+7   

3 weeks ago '08        #6
tdnupe3 19 heat pts19
space
space
$9,628 | Props total: 30742 30742
This is good stuff right here. I really hope they follow through on this. Would be a good deal for all U.S. citizens. And I say this as someone whose mom is a research scientist for a pharma company. Drug prices here are completely out of control.
+9   

3 weeks ago '06        #7
wario101 
space
space
$330 | Props total: 218 218
He takes money from pharmaceutical companies so i honestly dont see him rocking that boat, but if he does this and get it through this would be huge.
+4   

3 weeks ago '06        #8
ehizzy3 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,391 | Props total: 2252 2252
 wario101 said
He takes money from pharmaceutical companies so i honestly dont see him rocking that boat, but if he does this and get it through this would be huge.
This is why I said he’s bluffing. He prob doesn’t realize yet that a bunch of his good buddies don’t want this happening

3 weeks ago '18        #9
BradTheGreat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,864 | Props total: 3878 3878
This is nothing but a sh*t show. Mitch won't let that slide, and Trump is only trying to hype up his based since he knows he got nothing to replace the ACA.

Last edited by BradTheGreat; 07-05-2019 at 01:18 PM..
+6   

3 weeks ago '16        #10
MadMarlo 
space
space
space
$2,116 | Props total: 5853 5853
At this point he might as well write 100 executive orders and see what sticks...

Its not like republican actually wanna legislate.

And I hope it's legal so the next President can executive order every thing we want

Keep it up Donald lol

3 weeks ago '07        #11
justblazedown3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,910 | Props total: 1951 1951
 BradTheGreat said
This is nothing but a sh*t show. Mitch won't let that slide, and Trump is only trying to hype up his based since he knows he got nothing to replace the ACA.
The affordable care act is garbage as fu*k and sent premiums through the roof. It's also destroying Medicaid Medicare and bankrupting both do you know what happens when that happens everybody loses their Healthcare who's on those programs.

But its sounded like a great idea when in reality it was nothing more than a tax/Insurance scam to hook the youth for older folks need of the program. It universally steals money from both young folks who don't need it an older retirees who have money in the bank. It's essentially bleeding them dry with yearly higher rates in certain States.

Why not have it be one flat rate for everybody no matter which insurance you get from which state and then make those insurance companies compete to drive prices down?

Wait what was that just a good idea Ho Lee fuk how did I come up with that? Must be the spirit of Obama bahahahahahaha!!!

When the masses realoze how fu*ked they have been getting by former administrations and the government at large they will stop playing their game. If you listen to what trump has tried to say many would find he actually speaks commonsense, yes i know thats hard to believe but its fundamentally sound.

We become so passive by AI (phones and the many tech distractions) we are too blinded to organize and push back against the opposition and their fu*kery!

Unity is key, peaceful protesting works and brings attention to the crimes being committed against Every American by these tyrannical corporations and their paid off politicians and the lobbyist who donate to their campaigns for election or re-election.

If we could all just take enough time to step away from our bullsh*t jobs and really make an effort to stop and change the ways they're fu*king us collectively we could set things forward for every generation to come to be able to live a way better life than anything that we've seen so far.

The question is can we get over ourselves and stand up as one voice together enough to do it?
+5   

3 weeks ago '06        #12
NeverTrump 102 heat pts102
space
space
$58,622 | Props total: 18609 18609
 AintNunMajor said
What pharmaceutical company gives him money?

3 weeks ago '17        #13
Ymmot 20 heat pts20
space
space
space
$12,693 | Props total: 30213 30213
Drug prices have only gone up since trump took office.

3 weeks ago '15        #14
Holdino 322 heat pts322
space
space
$8,513 | Props total: 16308 16308
Election Season dum dums he want ya vote

3 weeks ago '15        #15
micropave 2274 heat pts2274
space
space
$9,055 | Props total: 72271 72271
He's a lock for 2020

3 weeks ago '11        #16
Sin 2173 heat pts2173 OP
space
space
 wario101 said
does this really effect the Pharma companies though

this deal may be cutting out the middle men that increase the price before it gets to the customer
+3   

3 weeks ago '10        #17
MrTripleDouble 
space
space
$3,305 | Props total: 3602 3602
Unless he's talking about the price of top shelf indoor I could care less.
+2   

3 weeks ago '11        #18
Sin 2173 heat pts2173 OP
space
space
 micropave said
He's a lock for 2020
honestly if he does this and keeps the economy on the same pace with low unemployment, high stock market, low gas prices

he would have to do something catastrophic to fu*k this up
+5   

3 weeks ago '06        #19
philly337 28 heat pts28
space
space
$33,514 | Props total: 21340 21340
Believe it when I see it but if hes for real that a great move everybody supports
+4   

3 weeks ago '17        #20
Ymmot 20 heat pts20
space
space
space
$12,693 | Props total: 30213 30213
 AintNunMajor said
Fake news

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/prescription-drug-prices-arent-rising-theyre-falling-for-the-first-time-in-47-years-2019-03-12

Here’s a shocker: The cost of prescription drugs are falling for the first time in 47 years.

The government on Tuesday said prescription prices sank 1% in February, marking the biggest one-month decline ever.

[pic - click to view]

Stop with your fake a*s bullsh*t.

+1   

3 weeks ago '12        #21
OldBusiness 181 heat pts181
space
space
$31,201 | Props total: 58546 58546
Would be amazing if true

But so would the middle class taxcuts he dangled in front of the nation and lied about right before the midterms.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out since he and so many of the people on both sides of the aisle got big pharma in their pockets.

Mitch McConnell is probably sh*tting a brick. In 2014 he received the most money of any politician from lobbyists

This woukd literally take the fur coat off Mitch McConnels bi*ch
+2   

3 weeks ago '06        #22
wario101 
space
space
$330 | Props total: 218 218
 Sin said
does this really effect the Pharma companies though

this deal may be cutting out the middle men that increase the price before it gets to the customer
Good point just gotta wait and see, but the state of American politics im not holding my breathe on anything bieng done about America's expensive healthcare system.
+2   

3 weeks ago '07        #23
justblazedown3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,910 | Props total: 1951 1951
 Ymmot said
Drug prices have only gone up since trump took office.
Come on with that blantantly ignorant statement @

You know its the policy of obamacare and the deal with those pharmaceutical criminal mafia to raise the rates. This has to do with the medical establishment as a whole and it's a war waged against the American people.

Where was Obummer on slashing prices?

At least commander Colbra (Trump) in yours and other eyes is doing sh*t for the People of this country over the pandering leftist and offering or giving illegals free care off our tax paying dollars.

fu*k that sh*t!

[pic - click to view]

+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #24
Deeznutz1981 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,416 | Props total: 2714 2714
I hope he does this. It will be fun to see how angry it makes Liberals. They will downplay it for sure and expose their TDS sickness even more just watch!
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #25
OptimisticCynic 2 heat pts
space
space
$471 | Props total: 1902 1902
I read the last paragraph in OP’s post but the specific quotes from Trump in the beginning say nothing about consumer prices when I read them.

So could he be suggesting that the pharmaceutical companies should pay less? How would this guarantee cheaper prices for consumers is my question? If it does, then this is great!

I have a bigger issue with health care costs, however, and wish that would be addressed first.

Last edited by OptimisticCynic; 07-05-2019 at 12:03 PM..

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  20
Article inside Martin Shkreli loses appeal for early release, forced to turn in OUAT..
66 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  18
Image(s) inside You couldn’t tell these men were rich just by looking at them
22 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-22online now  16
Video inside Baltimore went viral for having a British accent in rapping