Google FINALLY is going to fix Android Messaging. iMessage competitor coming soon

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 weeks ago '17        #26
justin747 48 heat pts48 OP
space
space
$13,786 | Props total: 67876 67876
 Mr AirRic said
glad they finally stopped waiting for carriers who like to drag their feet. sounds like it'll be a while still before it hits North America.

also, im a*suming texts with iphone users are still going to be the same since imessage doesnt use RCS either. just will be a lot better between android users
I doubt If you'll get the dots while the other person is typing and iMessage specific things like that, but in theory pictures and videos and gifs shouldn't be compressed like they are now.

I'm not 100% sure tho, but we know ASAP when it's out in Europe. It kinda depends on what Google does.

4 weeks ago '17        #27
space
space
 KING SOULJA said
iPhone >>> Android
I have both. I code for both. I don't pick sides. That's corny as fu*k.

+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #28
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,679 | Props total: 7139 7139
 justin747 said
Being a fanboy for a company that don't give a flying fu*k about you in 2019.....

You n*ggas should be happy google is doing something. This is only gonna make Apple do more sh*t with iMessage to compete.

But nah... Yall would rather be a cheerleader

Idgaf. They not gonna do sh*t. Android been out longer than iOS and its still an unstable pos. I donít Stan for no company but as far as my sh*t being always smooth, seamless communications in iMessage especially with media amongst my people, no bullsh*t video compression and low quality pics, and overall build quality itís iphone all day and itís not even close. I have a 6s still and that sh*t is still proper. I got people with androids on they fourth flagship phone in the time Iíve had this phone and three phones over the 5s I had, which is also mint and still working great. Before these two iPhones I had a T-Mobile g1, htc evo, galaxy s3 and nexus. All broke or turned to slow buggy pos, changing roms etc ainít do sh*t be good for three months then sh*t again. fu*k android, let em keep doing what they doing so apple can take notes and perfect it. Like theyíve always done.

4 weeks ago '17        #29
space
space
 Daddy Black said
Idgaf. They not gonna do sh*t. Android been out longer than iOS and its still an unstable pos. I donít Stan for no company but as far as my sh*t being always smooth, seamless communications in iMessage especially with media amongst my people, no bullsh*t video compression and low quality pics, and overall build quality itís iphone all day and itís not even close. I have a 6s still and that sh*t is still proper. I got people with androids on they fourth flagship phone in the time Iíve had this phone and three phones over the 5s I had, which is also mint and still working great. Before these two iPhones I had a T-Mobile g1, htc evo, galaxy s3 and nexus. All broke or turned to slow buggy pos, changing roms etc ainít do sh*t be good for three months then sh*t again. fu*k android, let em keep doing what they doing so apple can take notes and perfect it. Like theyíve always done.
I'll keep it short. Your info is off and outdated on a lot of sh*t. I'll try to teach before I talk sh*t.

Apple controls iMessage. Carriers control SMS. They're the reason pictures and videos compress. It has nothing to do with the Android phone. If iMessage goes down, it's gonna use sms and the sh*t is gonna compress there too.

This whole article is about Google finally making their version of iMessage.
+11   

4 weeks ago '04        #30
deziking 122 heat pts122
space
space
$22,776 | Props total: 12265 12265
Bruh whatsapp-->> we dont use no local messaging system fu*k outta here lol
+7   

4 weeks ago '05        #31
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$44,125 | Props total: 20535 20535
 Fresh Beats said
I definitely like android more overall but I can see why people stick with IOS. Will RCS work across apps like Textra and Pulse?
RCS won't work with 3rd-party SMS apps until Google opens up the API. Currently only works with Google Messages or Samsung Messages.
+1   

4 weeks ago '16        #32
postemupndunkit 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,761 | Props total: 26792 26792
 deziking said
Bruh whatsapp-->> we dont use no local messaging system fu*k outta here lol
wish everyone used whatsapp man

that sh*t is beautiful
+4   

4 weeks ago '04        #33
deziking 122 heat pts122
space
space
$22,776 | Props total: 12265 12265
 postemupndunkit said
wish everyone used whatsapp man

that sh*t is beautiful
They just need to improve on camera that it.

4 weeks ago '15        #34
KING SOULJA 41 heat pts41
space
space
$11,967 | Props total: 18097 18097
 justin747 said
I have both. I code for both. I don't pick sides. That's corny as fu*k.

Oh wow. You got me there, Big Shot

4 weeks ago '17        #35
RayDonovan 
space
space
space
$332 | Props total: 599 599
 justin747 said
Being a fanboy for a company that don't give a flying fu*k about you in 2019.....

You n*ggas should be happy google is doing something. This is only gonna make Apple do more sh*t with iMessage to compete.

But nah... Yall would rather be a cheerleader

Facts.. especially seeing all of apples innovation is actually just implementing android ideas
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #36
Fresh Beats 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,245 | Props total: 5584 5584
 Y.G. said
RCS won't work with 3rd-party SMS apps until Google opens up the API. Currently only works with Google Messages or Samsung Messages.
That's what I figured. They are taking baby steps. I remember threads from like 3-4 years about this.

4 weeks ago '06        #37
realgunta 969 heat pts969
space
space
$28,494 | Props total: 56278 56278
to me it all comes down to what your contacts use

EVERYONE i know uses Whatsapp.....so i use Whatsapp

the only ppl i know that own an iPhone are my gf and her moms and they both use Whatsapp too.

I have used iMessage though and i wasnt impressed at all. But then again i HATE iOS

Tbh guys, i know most of you on BX are from the States....the States and Canada are basically the only 2 Countries where iMessage is a big deal. Most of the Globe uses Whatsapp or some other messaging app. Also the only ppl i know that be rocking hard with iPhones are the ppl i know from the States and Canada. Real talk, worldwide most ppl i meet use Andriod.

dont @ me if u tryna be on some fan boy sillyness. Im just saying what my experience was and my views.
+9   

4 weeks ago '17        #38
space
space
 realgunta said
to me it all comes down to what your contacts use

EVERYONE i know uses Whatsapp.....so i use Whatsapp

the only ppl i know that own an iPhone are my gf and her moms and they both use Whatsapp too.

I have used iMessage though and i wasnt impressed at all. But then again i HATE iOS

Tbh guys, i know most of you on BX are from the States....the States and Canada are basically the only 2 Countries where iMessage is a big deal. Most of the Globe uses Whatsapp or some other messaging app. Also the only ppl i know that be rocking hard with iPhones are the ppl i know from the States and Canada. Real talk, worldwide most ppl i meet use Andriod.

dont @ me if u tryna be on some fan boy sillyness. Im just saying what my experience was and my views.

You're 100% right. Outside of America and Canada, nobody gives a fu*k about SMS or iMessage. Whatsapp is king worldwide and that's the way it should be.

Its just a nightmare trying to change the mentality of people here on America. Proof is in this thread. These dumb n*ggas still treating these sh*tty companies like their favorite sports team.

In reality, we should be forcing all these companies to f*ght for our money. Apple has these weirdos brainwashed tho off that blue bubble.
+4   

4 weeks ago '05        #39
HARBINGER 461 heat pts461
space
space
$54,166 | Props total: 14012 14012
 Anti said
Catch up green bubble gang
Apex Predator iX >

Whatever you got n*gga. You catch up

4 weeks ago '06        #40
realgunta 969 heat pts969
space
space
$28,494 | Props total: 56278 56278
 justin747 said

You're 100% right. Outside of America and Canada, nobody gives a fu*k about SMS or iMessage. Whatsapp is king worldwide and that's the way it should be.

Its just a nightmare trying to change the mentality of people here on America. Proof is in this thread. These dumb n*ggas still treating these sh*tty companies like their favorite sports team.

In reality, we should be forcing all these companies to f*ght for our money. Apple has these weirdos brainwashed tho off that blue bubble.
yeah man, i be surprised at how many of my North American homies use SMS

thats such a dated form of communication. So many limitations. I havent sent a SMS message in ages and the only SMS message i receive are from the phone company telling me "Your Bill Is Due"
+3   

4 weeks ago '04        #41
NBA Brawler 123 heat pts123
space
space
$18,573 | Props total: 4129 4129
At least they’re not announcing a new messaging service platform like they’ve been doing.
+2   

4 weeks ago '09        #42
jasperfect 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,429 | Props total: 1527 1527
 Black Larry said
Am I gonna be able to see video that's not blurry from my iPhone friends. Sheesh. No disrespect but my friends aren't Caribbean so they don't have what's app
Nope. Vids from iPhone will still be blurry cause that will go over regular text not chat

4 weeks ago '09        #43
jasperfect 4 heat pts
space
space
 Y.G. said
Already had RCS for years. One of the few things Sprint has done right.
How many of your friends have Sprint though? It only works Sprint to Sprint. I have T-mo, Mom and brother have Sprint and rcs doesn't work between us

4 weeks ago '09        #44
jasperfect 4 heat pts
space
space
 Fresh Beats said
I definitely like android more overall but I can see why people stick with IOS. Will RCS work across apps like Textra and Pulse?
Only if the carrier turns it in. If your using it though Google you need Android messages

4 weeks ago '05        #45
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 jasperfect said
How many of your friends have Sprint though? It only works Sprint to Sprint. I have T-mo, Mom and brother have Sprint and rcs doesn't work between us
No. It works with any other device and carrier that has RCS running under the Universal Profile. T-Mobile's version of RCS can't interconnect with other networks at the moment. Verizon, Sprint & US Cellular are the current US carriers that are able to interconnect across networks. There's also carriers in other countries (Japan is 100% covered) that are also able to interconnect.

RCS group chats >

+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #46
zzxxccvvbb 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$971 | Props total: 1995 1995
Cool another "encrypted" messaging app with backdoors

4 weeks ago '05        #47
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 jasperfect said
Only if the carrier turns it in. If your using it though Google you need Android messages
Carriers have no control over 3rd-party access to RCS. Google has to open up the API.

4 weeks ago '09        #48
jasperfect 4 heat pts
space
space
 Y.G. said
No. It works with any other device and carrier that has RCS running under the Universal Profile. T-Mobile's version of RCS can't interconnect with other networks at the moment. Verizon, Sprint & US Cellular are the current US carriers that are able to interconnect across networks. There's also carriers in other countries (Japan is 100% covered) that are also able to interconnect.

RCS group chats >

Thanks for the info. Still seems extremely limited in my opinion. I could be wrong. I doubt I'll ever have a group chat with RCS that had over 10 people. Too many iPhone users in the world

4 weeks ago '09        #49
jasperfect 4 heat pts
space
space
 Y.G. said
Carriers have no control over 3rd-party access to RCS. Google has to open up the API.
I think you take this too serious. I hope you work in the tech field

4 weeks ago '05        #50
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 jasperfect said
Thanks for the info. Still seems extremely limited in my opinion. I could be wrong. I doubt I'll ever have a group chat with RCS that had over 10 people. Too many iPhone users in the world
iMessage is only popular in western countries. RCS is limited for now but this rollout by Google will accelerate its expansion.

jasperfect said
I think you take this too serious. I hope you work in the tech field
I do.

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+51online now  16
Image(s) inside Almost drowned in her pus-y so I swam to her butt
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+165online now  14
Image(s) inside Diddy been on his ruthless 50 cent sh-t. Animal ambition
94 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-45online now  7
Jadakiss gets his pizza with CRUST ONLY
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+16online now  5
Image(s) inside Slim400 : "Im here 4 a reason Hol'Uppp." (Hospital Pic)
34 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy