Huawei smartphones may switch from Android to Russia’s Aurora operating system

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 month ago '15        #1
1219 page views
13 comments

Putin~Work 3622 heat pts3622
space
space
$12,062 | Props total: 56466 56466
Huawei smartphones may switch from Android to Russia’s Aurora operating system

China’s Huawei, which lost access to the latest update to the Android operating system as a result of the U.S. ban, may receive some help from Rostelecom and Russian businessman Grigory Berezkin, which together own the developer of the Russia’s mobile operating system, Aurora. Aurora was built on the basis of Finland’s Sailfish.

Ahead of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, Huawei Deputy Chairman Guo Ping discussed the possibility of switching the Chinese smartphones to Sailfish with Russian Minister for Digital Development and Communications, Konstantin Noskov, according to two sources familiar with the discussions who spoke with The Bell. The issue was raised during the meetings between Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping, another source explained.

The talks. According to a federal official, talks are underway in two areas.

The first is installation of the Aurora operating system on various Huawei devices. Aurora might be installed on the Chinese company’s devices instead of Google’s Android, which the Chinese company cannot use to the full extent after the U.S. ban. “China is already testing devices with Aurora installed on them,” a source close to the government told The Bell.
The second is local production in Russia of some of Huawei’s devices. Discussions are focused on potentially launching joint production of chips and software.
A spokesman for Rostelecom told The Bell that they have not heard about the talks, but the company is prepared to work with all developers of mobile solutions. Huawei did not comment.

What Russian operating system? The Sailfish operating system is developed since 2012 by the Finish company, Jolla, which was founded by former Nokia executives. In 2014, Russian billionaire Grigory Berezkin became a co-owner in Jolla and signed an agreement with the Ministry of Communications about the creation of a Russian national mobile operating system on the base of Sailfish. Since 2016, a company tied to Berezkin, Open Mobile Platform (OMP), has been developing the Russian version.

In 2016, Berezkin told Vedomosti that the operating system was not intended solely for officials and governmental structures, but rather for “ordinary users”. But since then, Russia hasn’t seen the arrival of a large number of smartphones running on Sailfish. The only one available for retail purchase, Inoi R7, is produced in China for a Russian company since 2017.
In May 2018, Rostelecom bought 75% of OMP from Berezkin. After this, it emerged emerged that state officials and employees of state-owned companies and the government would all be transitioned to mobiles with Russian operating systems. The cost of supplying 8 million users with devices running on Sailfish was estimated at 160 billion rubles ($2.5 billion). In May 2018, Rostelecom renamed the Russian version of the operating system as Aurora.
Rostelecom instead of Google. Huawei was in desperate need of an alternative operating system after the Chinese company was added to the U.S. Department of Trade’s blacklist. After this, Google was among several U.S. companies to stop working with Huawei, and refused to provide support for the Android operating system, on which all of Huawei’s smartphones outside of China operate. After the latest Android update, owners of Huawei smartphones will lose access to all Google apps: Gmail, the Chrome browser, YouTube and the app store Play Market.

Huawei itself announced that these bans cannot impact devices already released by the company on which Play Store and Google services continue to work, and therefore, the smartphones can be updated. In addition, Huawei can use the open version of Android, therefore the company’s next smartphones sold outside of China will be able to be sold with that version of the operating system.
The Chinese company prepared for the ban ahead of time. In the spring of 2018, the company announced announced that it is developing its own mobile operating system to replace Android. In March 2019, Huawei executive director Richard Yu said that Huawei’s own operating system was already ready, but reports of the timeline for its real adoption vary vary — from fall 2019 to second quarter 2020.
visit this link https://thebell.io/en/hua .. rating-system/
+1   

best
worst
13 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,266 | Props total: 2374 2374
Half of American's already don't even fu*k with Android, if they switch to a Russian OS then it's wraps for Huwaei in North America.

1 month ago '15        #3
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,135 | Props total: 1648 1648
 Tikyle2 said
Half of American's already don't even fu*k with Android, if they switch to a Russian OS then it's wraps for Huwaei in North America.
This statistic shows the mobile OS (operating systems) market share in the United States from January 2012 to March 2019. In March 2019, 52.1 percent of U.S. smartphone subscribers were using a Google Android device. Apple was the second most popular mobile OS with a market share of 47 percent.

Last edited by abcxyz; 06-20-2019 at 11:14 AM..
+5   

4 weeks ago '06        #4
anynameado 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,212 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Tikyle2 said
Devil is a lie
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #5
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
 anynameado said
Devil is a lie
Excuse me 47.9% not half......

4 weeks ago '06        #6
anynameado 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Tikyle2 said
Excuse me 47.9% not half......
Ok so that means 52.1 do. Android wins
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #7
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
 anynameado said
Ok so that means 52.1 do. Android wins
Android wins?!?!!? Who gives a fu*k? This article is about a Russian OS. And I said half America don't even fu*k with Android (which got popular after iOS) so a new OS ain't got a shot.

I could care less who "wins" a phantom race......

4 weeks ago '05        #8
old head 197 heat pts197
space
space
$20,517 | Props total: 24400 24400
 Tikyle2 said

I could care less who "wins" a phantom race......
Apparently you do because your first comment in the thread was about which percentage of people use one OS over the other
+4   

4 weeks ago '04        #9
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
 old head said
Apparently you do because your first comment in the thread was about which percentage of people use one OS over the other
Yes, it's called a fact. You silly a*s fan boys see or hear a fact and it gets your panties in a bunch. From personal experience as well. I switched from Apple to Android about 2 years ago and I'll never go back unless iOS drastically changed but most people I know won't even consider it as they complain about what they can't do on their iPhones.

But none of that matters because all fan boys saw is I said half of America don't fu*k with Android (which is factual 47.9% to be exact) so why would they fu*k with a Russian OS. The silly part is if I would've uses Windows mobile instead people would still cape up. As I said before in a video game thread, brand loyalty is some of the dumbest sh*t ever. The only thing I'm loyal to is the brand that makes the most sense for how I want to use their products. I ain't loyal to no OS over the other. I just know Apple will probably never unlock theirs so that's a no go for me. But if they ever do I would probably switch back.

4 weeks ago '06        #10
anynameado 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Tikyle2 said
Android wins?!?!!? Who gives a fu*k? This article is about a Russian OS. And I said half America don't even fu*k with Android (which got popular after iOS) so a new OS ain't got a shot.

I couldn't care less who "wins" a phantom race......
Fixed it for you. You welcome

4 weeks ago '05        #11
old head 197 heat pts197
space
space
$20,517 | Props total: 24400 24400
 Tikyle2 said
Yes, it's called a fact. You silly a*s fan boys see or hear a fact and it gets your panties in a bunch. From personal experience as well. I switched from Apple to Android about 2 years ago and I'll never go back unless iOS drastically changed but most people I know won't even consider it as they complain about what they can't do on their iPhones.

But none of that matters because all fan boys saw is I said half of America don't fu*k with Android (which is factual 47.9% to be exact) so why would they fu*k with a Russian OS. The silly part is if I would've uses Windows mobile instead people would still cape up. As I said before in a video game thread, brand loyalty is some of the dumbest sh*t ever. The only thing I'm loyal to is the brand that makes the most sense for how I want to use their products. I ain't loyal to no OS over the other. I just know Apple will probably never unlock theirs so that's a no go for me. But if they ever do I would probably switch back.

You sound angry and hostile over cell phones for no reason. Take a look at how much you typed in comparison to my single post.

- I posted a single post

-you responded with a novel

-you somehow a*sumed that I’m a fanboy of one OS, which i never stated.

Go outside and get some fresh air bruh. Its not that serious
+2   

4 weeks ago '06        #12
anynameado 14 heat pts14
space
space
 old head said
You sound angry and hostile over cell phones for no reason. Take a look at how much you typed in comparison to my single post.

- I posted a single post

-you responded with a novel

-you somehow a*sumed that I’m a fanboy of one OS, which i never stated.

Go outside and get some fresh air bruh. Its not that serious

2 weeks ago '09        #13
slayer2020 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$618 | Props total: 1797 1797
A lot of foolish childish Android v IPhone BS in this thread. No mention whatsoever of the well known (amongst the the international legal community) fact that China aides and supports dictatorships/commi Russia and N Korea. No mention of our presidents not so public relationship with Chinese government. This is all a ploy. China is playing a long term game that many of you clowns are too immature to simply see.

2 weeks ago '04        #14
bibbyboi 32 heat pts32
space
space
$12,332 | Props total: 4507 4507

[video - click to view]

Looks like a sh*ttier version of Windows phone os.

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+33online now  20
Image(s) inside Are street niggas the new corny niggas?
185 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+84online now  18
White Xbi-ch looks like a panda 🐼
39 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+23online now  14
AVENGERS: ENDGAME’ has passed 'AVATAR’ to become the #1 highest grossing film ..
46 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+25online now  10
Every Console In One Box
35 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy