Stadia Connection Speedtest

most viewed right now
68 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 weeks ago '09        #51
kickzrme 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,647 | Props total: 4987 4987
 realgunta said
i guess the ability to be able to play on any device, even while on the go

oddly Google hasnt really talked much about that. But imo thats a feature that they should talk about and showcase more
I was bout to ask the same thing if I own a Xbox and a PS4 why should we get stadia when all the multiplats on both systems anyway?

It's a dope idea but Google...
+4   

4 weeks ago '04        #52
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$7,075 | Props total: 432 432
Based on your current download speed of 401.709 Mbps, we expect you値l have a high-performance gaming experience on Stadia. Go back to the Google Store.
+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #53
GodzMustBeCrazy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,442 | Props total: 1486 1486
 ImAMonster said
So you have to buy each game and then pay for the streaming service on top of it? Why wouldn't you just buy the game separately then. It seems redundant.
You only have to pay for the streaming service if you want to stream at 4k/60...if not it's free at 1080p/60...you only have to pay for the luxury of highest resolution streaming. Plus you get free games if you have the paid service...do you also complain about ps+/Xbox Gold for making you pay for the right to play the games you purchased online?

4 weeks ago '09        #54
ImAMonster 461 heat pts461
space
space
$39,661 | Props total: 16340 16340
 GodzMustBeCrazy said
You only have to pay for the streaming service if you want to stream at 4k/60...if not it's free at 1080p/60...you only have to pay for the luxury of highest resolution streaming. Plus you get free games if you have the paid service...do you also complain about ps+/Xbox Gold for making you pay for the right to play the games you purchased online?
PS+ isn't a streaming service. It's completely different. You're paying for online service, not to stream. That would be like if PS Now offered the service to stream but you had to buy the games to stream them.

My point is, why would you pay/use the service to stream a game you own, when you could just play it directly from your PC without using the streaming service? That's what seems redundant to me. Just play it locally without using bandwidth to stream it.

4 weeks ago '05        #55
HiRolliN 111 heat pts111
space
space
$21,824 | Props total: 4483 4483
 GodzMustBeCrazy said
if i remember correctly the audio is also effected by the paid subscription.

if you dont pay for the subscription the audio is dumbed down to 2 channel stereo mixing

if you pay for the subscription it upgrades to 5.1 surround sound

4 weeks ago '05        #56
HiRolliN 111 heat pts111
space
space
$21,824 | Props total: 4483 4483
 ImAMonster said
PS+ isn't a streaming service. It's completely different. You're paying for online service, not to stream. That would be like if PS Now offered the service to stream but you had to buy the games to stream them.

My point is, why would you pay/use the service to stream a game you own, when you could just play it directly from your PC without using the streaming service? That's what seems redundant to me. Just play it locally without using bandwidth to stream it.
googles streaming service is suppose to be able to run off of low processing/ low cost devices like there chrome ultra that is way cheaper than buying a console or building a gaming pc.

obviously if you own a gaming PC and already own the game you aint gonna stream it. that would be like owning a physical copy of a dvd or blu-ray movie and saying lets waste our bandwidth and stream it from netflix.

every one who owns a desktop pc not all of them are able to play PC games, so that opens up a market for google targeting people with low-medium end pc's. its also going to be able to stream games from mobile devices like tablets and phones not just desktop PC's and laptops.

sh*t if google teams up with TV manufactures that could have the google stadia app come already pre loaded on to smart TV's. obviously sony wouldnt let them do it to there TV's tho lol

Last edited by HiRolliN; 06-19-2019 at 02:19 AM..
+3   

4 weeks ago '07        #57
killacar 6 heat pts
space
space
$6,468 | Props total: 9976 9976
78.656 Mbps,
+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #58
GodzMustBeCrazy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,442 | Props total: 1486 1486
 ImAMonster said

This isn't for people with gaming rigs... This is for people who want PC quality gaming experience anywhere they go with an internet connection without any dedicated hardware needed. This isn't PS Now, Game Pass or Netflix for games. It was never meant to be or marketed that way. If that's what you thought then you either got bad info or didn't comprehend correctly.
+2   

4 weeks ago '16        #59
PolygodJr 72 heat pts72
space
space
$3,106 | Props total: 9844 9844
This might just be the future
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #60
YngSwift 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,898 | Props total: 473 473
I have 26 mbps fu*k all of you with your 100+mbps life just aint fair sometimes

4 weeks ago '05        #61
Doomque 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,827 | Props total: 1276 1276
 Zaosyn said
how much you paying

I'm paying $60 a month for 150mb/s and getting between 60-90mb/s wirelessly on my laptop but my desktop only getting 20mb/s (gotta be the wifi adapter I'm using).

Thinking about running a 25 foot ethernet cable from the cable modem to my dekstop but damn don't want a 25 foot fu*king cable going through my living room and into the hallway and into my bed room sh*t aint fair

could of went to ATT and got 300mb/s for $70 a month but I didn't do my research
Get some MOCA adapters. sh*t is fire. Been using them for 6 yrs.

4 weeks ago '17        #62
1Oh 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,869 | Props total: 19567 19567
Based on your current download speed of*115.231 Mbps, we expect you’ll have a high-performance gaming experience on Stadia. Go back to the*Google Store.

4 weeks ago '12        #63
halochicken 9 heat pts
space
space
$457 | Props total: 282 282
Your connection is great.
Based on your current download speed of 600.866 Mbps, we expect you値l have a high-performance gaming experience on Stadia. Go back to the Google Store.

4 weeks ago '07        #64
link04 101 heat pts101
space
space
$15,199 | Props total: 6924 6924
 CALViiiN said
not getting this system
Its not a system
+1   

4 weeks ago '16        #65
Bad 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,084 | Props total: 11338 11338
 kulabear said
Based on your current download speed of 1300.965 Mbps, we expect you’ll have a high-performance gaming experience on Stadia. Go back to the Google Store.

comcast here
So you get 0 bufferbloat on your speed? I mean You must have some military grade internet speed, I been on comcast and they have the worst internet, not only that their ip is static which is outdated.

4 weeks ago '04        #66
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,985 | Props total: 1746 1746
 Bad said
So you get 0 bufferbloat on your speed? I mean You must have some military grade internet speed, I been on comcast and they have the worst internet, not only that their ip is static which is outdated.
90% of the houses here use direct TV. I see very few that don't have a satellite in my area. My connection is great here I dunno what to tell you.

I do upgrade my networking stuff every couple of years tho so I always have the latest tech I can get.

3 weeks ago '09        #67
Zaosyn 266 heat pts266
space
space
$15,473 | Props total: 4338 4338
This thread pissed me off cause I just moved into my new apartment and got Xfinity hooked up and was paying $60 for 150mb/s like I said earlier in this thread. I wasn't getting nearly that so I canceled and they have a 30 day cancel policy so I'm not gonna get charged nothing.

I went with ATT and got their Gigabit (1000mb/s) for $70 a month for a year then $100 after

[pic - click to view]

I'm ready for Stadia
+3   

3 weeks ago '08        #68
Chicken_N_I-Roc 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,171 | Props total: 5901 5901
 ImAMonster said
Based on your current download speed of 296.432 Mbps, we expect you値l have a high-performance gaming experience on Stadia. Go back to the Google Store.

but I pay for 1GB service...Hardwired in to my PC and the modem is literally 3 feet away from my PC. Mediacom modems are trash. Or the Stadia test is trash. Downloading from Steam/Blizzard it runs at 600-800 mbps.
There are a lot factors that deal with what real speed you will get. Hardware to the tap, tap to the main hub, main hub to the satellite, etc etc. Also dont forget the time of day.

I got 205, but I typically see speeds of 350+ mbps at night and during the day on weekdays.

3 weeks ago '18        #69
The3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,636 | Props total: 2968 2968
Your connection is good.

Based on your current download speed of 14.923 Mbps, we expect you値l be able to play in high definition on Stadia, but you might not get 4K resolution. Go back to the Google Store.
So I'm good on this

3 weeks ago '08        #70
space
space
 Zaosyn said
This thread pissed me off cause I just moved into my new apartment and got Xfinity hooked up and was paying $60 for 150mb/s like I said earlier in this thread. I wasn't getting nearly that so I canceled and they have a 30 day cancel policy so I'm not gonna get charged nothing.

I went with ATT and got their Gigabit (1000mb/s) for $70 a month for a year then $100 after

[pic - click to view]

I'm ready for Stadia
I got Xfinity and worked for them as well. Do they actually cover charges for outside work or no with their fiber internet? I know when I was working for Verizon, we didn't and the customer had to cough up that money to repair it.
+1   

3 weeks ago '09        #71
Zaosyn 266 heat pts266
space
space
 Chicken_N_I-Roc said
I got Xfinity and worked for them as well. Do they actually cover charges for outside work or no with their fiber internet? I know when I was working for Verizon, we didn't and the customer had to cough up that money to repair it.
No clue I didn't have Xfinity's fiber so they never had to install it. I had their basic 150mb/s Blast package so all the technician had to do was use a splitter on my coax cable outside and plug it into the cable modem. I imagine the customer has to take that L on the installation fee if it was a fiber connection.
+1   

3 weeks ago '07        #72
link04 101 heat pts101
space
space
$15,199 | Props total: 6924 6924
Based on your current download speed of 95.072 Mbps, we expect you値l have a high-performance gaming experience on Stadia. Go back to the Google Store.

3 weeks ago '04        #73
grydlok 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,756 | Props total: 4881 4881
Based on your current download speed of 589.311 Mbps, we expect you’ll have a high-performance gaming experience on Stadia. Go back to the Google Store.

3 weeks ago '08        #74
space
space
 Zaosyn said
No clue I didn't have Xfinity's fiber so they never had to install it. I had their basic 150mb/s Blast package so all the technician had to do was use a splitter on my coax cable outside and plug it into the cable modem. I imagine the customer has to take that L on the installation fee if it was a fiber connection.
Nah, I was talking about the AT&T, not Xfinity. I was wondering if they installed fiber in your apartment. We have fiber as well though.

3 weeks ago '09        #75
Zaosyn 266 heat pts266
space
space
 Chicken_N_I-Roc said
Nah, I was talking about the AT&T, not Xfinity. I was wondering if they installed fiber in your apartment. We have fiber as well though.
Oh, yes they installed fiber in my apartment. Took about 2-3 hours total. Dude had to run the fiber line or whatever to my apartment. The installation was free though. Because of my credit I only had to pay $100 down to get the service though which will go towards my bill anyway ($70 a month so I'll have $30 credit on my account for July).
+1   

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  186
Jul 15 - Killer decapitated Instagram star 兎x 17, then shared photo of her b..
263 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+25online now  64
Good Googly Moogly...That Azz Is Juicy!!!
15 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+49online now  34
Image(s) inside Jul 15 - Jeff Goldblum says Area 51 #CantStopUsAll
63 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+39online now  16
Image(s) inside The Gamess royalties seized