Jan 5 - How California Is Doing A Year Into The Legal Weed Biz

most viewed right now
+23  67
28 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

6 months ago '11        #26
bonez79 146 heat pts146
space
space
$14,806 | Props total: 19734 19734
 TrillTalk520 said
I had went to this spot out in OC called Grand Taoism back in June had some fire and good a*s deals on pens n flower n by September they weren't in business kuz of these packaging laws.

Went to this spot in Santa Ana called the joint and they were taxin like a muhfu*ka. Spent more than i should of but they had some pretty good selections
You should've hit up Anaheim Healing Center or The Puff Bar, they got some decent deals, at least for what I buy anyway.
+2   

6 months ago '10        #27
Bandito 258 heat pts258
space
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 24007 24007
 Broseph Stalin said
legalization was supposed to make bud cheaper and more accessible to the public but federal government and even local politicians make the hoops dispensaries have to jump thru so fu*king high like what dude was saying about not being able to have anything on the shelf that's not approved down to the labeling. All this sh*t in turn drives up prices so why stop fu*king with a street dealer who's prices are probably better?

They been playing this game in Massachusetts over 2 years now. Weed is legal recreationally but the store requirements and licenses to open a shop are crazy and even then a lot of towns aren't willing to budge cause they think its linked to the opiate epidemic smh
I don't know how Cali fu*ked it up so bad. They had CO, WA and OR to look to for examples on how to do it right.

The first year here in Oregon was a little strict. You had to show your ID as soon as you entered a shop and they would put your info in their "system". A few months later they just asked for ID when you bought something. Some shops don't even do that now if you been there a few times. They also had where anything that left the shop had to be in childproof containers and masked. They gave you them white bags you get your medication in at the pharmacy. Now they like just put that sh*t in your pocket/purse when you leave.

I thought because California had such a strong medical market they would have no problem converting over to rec. Literally all Oregon did was take away the need for a medical card and added a little tax. Nothing fancy. All the medical dispensaries could start selling recreational the day it became legal.
+5   

6 months ago '05        #28
Truth33 20 heat pts20
space
space
$6,636 | Props total: 1556 1556
Wait so you’re saying the state of California fu*ked it up? Shocker there
+4   

6 months ago '07        #29
yolaboy 196 heat pts196
space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 13014 13014
so many rules and so much fear over a plant that makes people happy, relaxed and hungry and has never k*lled anyone

what's really going on America?
+6   

6 months ago '18        #30
stonegone1 
space
space
$126 | Props total: 148 148
fu*k these weed labs,budtenders and weak a*s security guards...bring back our weedspots
+1   

6 months ago '06        #31
Skateboard T 54 heat pts54
space
space
$26,283 | Props total: 42968 42968
 Yung Dilla said
Foh of course n*ggas will still go to the street because some dispensaries got greedy as hell with trash a*s price hikes. I go to L.A. cannibis co used to be called holistic pain relief.

In Inglewood on St Andrews place. I'll go there but mainly cop off a grower I know, he sells to dispensaries too. Fix your fu*king prices and won't have to worry about people going other places.
Yeah my sis is in Culver City but we Air BnB'd a place in Long Beach for Thanksgiving, stopped at a dispensary out there and I think I paid like $15 less for the same pens in LB than I would in the Santa Monica dispensary they usually go to.
+3   

6 months ago '06        #32
Skateboard T 54 heat pts54
space
space
$26,283 | Props total: 42968 42968
 Truth33 said
Wait so you’re saying the state of California fu*ked it up? Shocker there
Nah it's actually going really well in most places, from what I gather. These seem to be just complaints of business owners who are losing customers due to their own failures to adapt to the new rules. Big picture, it's cost the businesses more, but you still walk into a dispensary that has average pricing and you'll see a good 8 people waiting to get in at any given moment.

There's just some owners that are losing customers because they're trying to put a "cost of living" price hike on their products in high-end areas but the fact is anybody can drive 20 minutes one direction or another and find a dispensary that doesn't gouge.

That being said I'm only coming at this from a non-flower perspective or who have a major issue paying an extra $15 an eighth to buy from a shop instead of a dealer.

Last edited by Skateboard T; 01-06-2019 at 07:27 AM..
+3   

6 months ago '05        #33
projectd06 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,830 | Props total: 13228 13228
Sooooooo good for consumers bad for retailers doing it legally? Good thing im a consumer.
+3   

6 months ago '08        #34
thisguymush 4 heat pts
space
space
$815 | Props total: 398 398
This was a great post. Excited to see how cities on the East Coast handle themselves when its legalized here.
+1   

6 months ago '09        #35
messy marv stan 5401 heat pts5401
space
space
$73,894 | Props total: 126176 126176
@

the same scenario might happen in az smh

The city's looking at options with big numbers, like maybe an occupational license tax based on 17 percent of the previous year's gross receipts, or a flat-rate registration tax of $560,000 on medical marijuana retail businesses and $920,000 on cultivation sites.

J.P. Holyoak, the founder of medical-marijuana supplier Arizona Natural Selections, said that a $560,000 tax on retail locations would be prohibitive.

“That puts us all out of business. Every single one of us,” he told New Times on Thursday.

"What they’re trying to do is they’re trying to tax us out of existence. They’re essentially trying to overturn the medical-marijuana law by taxing it out of existence,” Holyoak said

thats just in phoenix dunno what similar schemes are gonna be proposed statewide. if politicians stopped wasting money they wouldnt need to be proposing a high fee. a tax of 5 - 10% is reasonable and dispensaries cant write off expenses when its tax time smh
+2   

6 months ago '06        #36
Mike in Reno 20 heat pts20
space
space
$13,451 | Props total: 3551 3551
+1   

6 months ago '09        #37
space
space
 yolaboy said
so many rules and so much fear over a plant that makes people happy, relaxed and hungry and has never k*lled anyone

what's really going on America?

they should just enforce the existing rules instead of making new ones that just end up wasting money
+1   

6 months ago '04        #38
onlyonesmoke 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,057 | Props total: 1901 1901
Weedmap delivery service is not regulated. Its a free for all and you dont have to have a license. Weed is way cheaper. There no stopping the black market..
+1   

6 months ago '11        #39
Sinamatik CFR 13 heat pts13
space
space
$14,570 | Props total: 18271 18271
yeah the packaging thing slowed sh*t down mid-year, and then Trumps comments during the G20. Its on an uptick again now that most of the more notable entities know how to incorporate the new regulations, and not to mention with the expansion of med/rec friendly states and countries such as Canada has started other companies to rethink the business model of it all. We have tobacco companies selling out to Weed companies. Merges with CBD companies and beverage and cosmetic entities thanks to the new Farming Bill. Real Estate is getting a boost with facilities now specified for the commercial production of weed, everything from cultivation to processing to retail and more is about to try to cash in.

Right now i have about 80 lil shares spread out through the legal weed game and another 20 in real estate so far. Everything has been unstable the last quarter, first week of 2019 shows promise unless

Its still relatively fresh outside of the primarily small medical demand it was once able to sustain. Think of the Tech Industry, pre Silicon Valley... It's a land of uncertain promise(oxymoronic as fu*k right), a mid-desert Oasis that you aren't sure if it is real, or is it just ya mind playing tricks on you...
+2   

6 months ago '05        #40
dasill 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,835 | Props total: 8121 8121
 BurninLz said
I've bout had it with Florida's a*s backwards politics. Lived here for 30 years and it's still just more of the same. I wanna go have drinks with my friends, order some food for the table and a couple joints and edibles to go with it. Spending time in Vegas and California really opens your eyes to the nonsense. Time to end this bullsh*t
Where you been in cali or vegas you can order food and mj at the sometime, or even at the same place for that matter? You can't even smoke it in public And I wouldn't be concerned i am sure in the next few years most states if not all will have rec mj.

6 months ago '11        #41
greedy87 2 heat pts
space
space
$14,840 | Props total: 5608 5608
Still supporting my Local Drug dealer.
+1   

6 months ago '04        #42
gunits50cent187 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,480 | Props total: 2835 2835
That's why the streets will never stop making money off it.My pops is kinda clueless and a*sumes the black market sellers won't be around once it becomes legalized..he is wrong
+3   

6 months ago '05        #43
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 4985 4985
 ASNKA said
they make so much money locking n*ggas up for weed in Florida i feel it will be a long time before they think about legalizing it
Exactly. As long as there are entities that profit off putting people (mostly minorities at that) in prison, especially for sh*t as harmeless as cannabis it will forever be an endless cycle of bullsh*t

d4deesnuts said
We got too many old ppl living here that think mj is evil still.ive debated on getting my medical license for oils but they charge like $80 for one cartridge, i can get 90-95% thc ones for 40 so fu*k that.
That's exactly what i've switched to. My plugs get the cartridges straight from the dispensaries anyways so it's really not a big deal but would be nice to cut out the middle man and just walk into the store, pick out what i want depending on my mood and what i need to get done that day. Need to end this pointless a*s drug war on cannabis, it's helping people all around the world
+1   

6 months ago '18        #44
Rasheed Walrus 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,445 | Props total: 5991 5991
 BurninLz said
I've bout had it with Florida's a*s backwards politics. Lived here for 30 years and it's still just more of the same. I wanna go have drinks with my friends, order some food for the table and a couple joints and edibles to go with it. Spending time in Vegas and California really opens your eyes to the nonsense. Time to end this bullsh*t
Florida native here. Florida has too many conservative business owners that have their hands into politics. The owners of Publix, with their HQ located in Lakeland FL, come to mind and their f*ght against he legalization of pot. If marijuana were legalized, Publix's pharmacies would take a hit.
+1   

6 months ago '18        #45
Boxedin101 18 heat pts18
space
space
space
$2,029 | Props total: 6166 6166
 BurninLz said
Got to talk to your legislators

6 months ago '18        #46
Boxedin101 18 heat pts18
space
space
space
Good read op but I am not trying to hear complaints from the people making money living that life
Where's the consumer perspective?
Where's the perspective from the community that was hit the hardest before the change in law?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Boxedin101; 01-06-2019 at 07:37 PM..

6 months ago '09        #47
space
space
this is why im anti legalization. it just eventually leads to all sorts of problems down the line. if the irs cartel didnt tax the shops up to 90% there would be a lot more shops open. they might even extort the same rate from legal shops

6 months ago '05        #48
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 4985 4985
 Boxedin101 said
Got to talk to your legislators

[pic - click to view]

6 months ago '18        #49
Boxedin101 18 heat pts18
space
space
space
 BurninLz said

[pic - click to view]

That's what they told me at oaksterdam

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 months ago '10        #50
Bandito 258 heat pts258
space
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 24007 24007
 messy marv stan said
this is why im anti legalization. it just eventually leads to all sorts of problems down the line. if the irs cartel didnt tax the shops up to 90% there would be a lot more shops open. they might even extort the same rate from legal shops
IRS doesn't tax weed. All the taxes are local. Like dude above said, talk to you local lawmakers if you want a change.

That's why I'm glad in Oregon that it was written into the law that voters passed that the max tax on pot is 20%. 17% state and cities have the option to add 3% on top of that. I live in a city that has declined to do that for the last 3 years.
+3   

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+103online now  22
Image(s) inside Light Work
53 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside 10 Best Style Tips for Dad Bods Or Chubby Guys