Jan 20 - Official BX Donald Trump Time Capsule Jan.20.2017

most viewed right now
+23  72
30 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '08        #26
T2THEONE 869 heat pts869 OP
space
space
$6,584 | Props total: 2167 2167
Week 8

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in remarks prepared for delivery this week that he believes marijuana is "only slightly less awful," than heroin.

"I realize this may be an unfashionable belief in a time of growing tolerance of drug use. But too many lives are at stake to worry about being fashionable," reads his prepared statement Wednesday during an appearance with local and federal law enforcement officials in Richmond, Va. "I reject the idea that America will be a better place if marijuana is sold in every corner store.

And I am astonished to hear people suggest that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana — so people can trade one life-wrecking dependency for another that’s only slightly less awful. Our nation needs to say clearly once again that using drugs will destroy your life."

Sessions veered from the script and did not say marijuana is “only slightly less awful” during his speech, though it remains in the remarks on the Department of Justice website. Scientists who study marijuana disagree with his position.

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '08        #27
space
space
Week 9

[video - click to view]

Republicans can't get health care bill passed

[video - click to view]

Growing calls for independent probe into Trump campaign ties to Russia

[video - click to view]

Last edited by T2THEONE; 03-26-2017 at 06:32 PM..

2 years ago '08        #28
tdnupe3 18 heat pts18
space
space
$9,601 | Props total: 30571 30571
 GREW BACK said

2 years ago '08        #29
tdnupe3 18 heat pts18
space
space
 tupacnasfan said
Good for trump for removing membership of the trans pacific partnership, fu*k the left for not praising him for that.

2018 & 2020 I am staying home.
Not voting is the wrong thing to do. If you want to change people's minds, do it by voting and by watching where you spend your money.

It's kind of backwards to be pissed off about "the establishment" and to just sit out of the process all together.

But, you've got the right to sit home if you want.

2 years ago '16        #30
foshoVoodoo 271 heat pts271
space
space
$15,737 | Props total: 36806 36806

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '08        #31
space
space
 tdnupe3 said
Not voting is the wrong thing to do. If you want to change people's minds, do it by voting and by watching where you spend your money.

It's kind of backwards to be pissed off about "the establishment" and to just sit out of the process all together.

But, you've got the right to sit home if you want.

How do you feel if someone votes independent, or do you feel they must vote Democrat or Republican.

2 years ago '08        #32
space
space
 foshoVoodoo said
Thanks for the post .

2 years ago '08        #33
tdnupe3 18 heat pts18
space
space
 T2THEONE said
How do you feel if someone votes independent, or do you feel they must vote Democrat or Republican.
I'm not really a supporter of the two party system as it stands. Meaning, when I vote, I actually look more into the candidates stance on issues that are important to me. I don't think a person can be truly liberal about everything, or truly conservative about everything. The line of thinking that I should put party over facts, morals, common sense, and basic human decency is just draconian (IMO).

I would really consider myself a left leaning independent voter. I don't agree with EVERYTHING democrats/liberals do or believe. I honestly feel like there is a lot of fake outrage, potential censorship, and hedonistic views coming from the left these days. That being said, I do feel like dems are more likely to actually give a sh*t about people in general and not hold on to views that promote hatred.
+1   

2 years ago '08        #34
tdnupe3 18 heat pts18
space
space
 tupacnasfan said
that will never happen, fu*k voting it's a scam and a fraud and that is why I will never vote in an election again until we not only get rid of the two headed one party dictatorship, but also the electoral college.
bruh, you do realize that there is more than just president on the ballot right? Your voting for everything from president, to governor, to senator, to mayor, to local laws, etc. Even your city council. Not voting is just not smart. True change happens at the local level anyways. Federal stuff is usually broad sweeping, but true change happens from your ELECTED local officials.

2 years ago '08        #35
space
space
Week 10

Here's WHY Your Internet Privacy Was Just Eliminated...

[video - click to view]

President Trump supports Michael Flynn's request for immunity

[video - click to view]

Four more Senate Democrats said they would use the procedural roadblock on the nomination of Neil Gorsuch, giving the party the 41 votes they need.

Republicans may then resort to the so-called "nuclear option", changing the rules to ram through their nominee.

The nomination went through committee on Monday.
The stage is now set for a showdown on Friday when it goes to the full Senate.

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '08        #36
space
space
 tdnupe3 said
I'm not really a supporter of the two party system as it stands. Meaning, when I vote, I actually look more into the candidates stance on issues that are important to me. I don't think a person can be truly liberal about everything, or truly conservative about everything. The line of thinking that I should put party over facts, morals, common sense, and basic human decency is just draconian (IMO).

I would really consider myself a left leaning independent voter. I don't agree with EVERYTHING democrats/liberals do or believe. I honestly feel like there is a lot of fake outrage, potential censorship, and hedonistic views coming from the left these days. That being said, I do feel like dems are more likely to actually give a sh*t about people in general and not hold on to views that promote hatred.

Yeah, it's manufactured outrage sometime and sometime it's real but the problem we have now as a society is that we are bombard with info that we become fatigue to being upset. Then you have other people being upset at you for not being upset enough or when THEY deem it a huge issue, so they shame you into not feeling bad enough about a certain situation.

2 years ago '08        #37
tdnupe3 18 heat pts18
space
space
 T2THEONE said

Yeah, it's manufactured outrage sometime and sometime it's real but the problem we have now as a society is that we are bombard with info that we become fatigue to being upset. Then you have other people being upset at you for not being upset enough or when THEY deem it a huge issue, so they shame you into not feeling bad enough about a certain situation.
Man, you hit the nail on the head. People have to go to twitter and facebook to see how they feel about an issue, and THEN they make up their mind. I remember when making a gay or race joke wasn't a fu*king hate crime. But now, anything you say about anything will p*ss somebody off. I can see why Marshawn Lynch didn't ever want to talk to the media. I couldn't imagine being famous now.

Anyways, how is business? I've sent some people your way over the last few months. We should talk soon.

2 years ago '07        #38
iswerve 202 heat pts202
space
space
$7,085 | Props total: 14011 14011
just checking in to see how things are going

2 years ago '08        #39
space
space
Week 11

The United States launched a military strike Thursday on a Syrian government airbase in response to a chemical weapons attack that k*lled dozens of civilians earlier in the week.

On President Donald Trump's orders, US warships launched 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles at the airbase that was home to the warplanes that carried out the chemical attacks, US officials said.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '14        #40
consigliereA 106 heat pts106
space
space
$31,898 | Props total: 40880 40880
Dope thread..

2 years ago '08        #41
space
space
Week 12

Attorney General Jeff Sessions wants to bring back the war on drugs, but on medical marijuana — which he says “has been hyped, maybe too much” — he may be too late.

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '08        #42
space
space
Week 13

[video - click to view]

Trump's first 100 days: Building the Mexico border wall

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '08        #45
space
space
Week 16

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

When President Trump met with top Russian officials in the Oval Office on Wednesday, White House officials barred reporters from witnessing the moment. They apparently preferred to block coverage of the awkwardly timed visit as questions swirled about whether the president had dismissed his F.B.I. director in part to squelch the investigation into possible ties between his campaign and Moscow.

But the Russians, who have a largely state-run media, brought their own press contingent in the form of an official photographer. They quickly filled the vacuum with their own pictures of the meeting with Mr. Trump, Sergey V. Lavrov, the Russian foreign minister, and Sergey I. Kislyak, Moscow’s ambassador to the United States.

Within minutes of the meeting, the Foreign Ministry had posted photographs on Twitter of Mr. Trump and Mr. Lavrov smiling and shaking hands. The Russian embassy posted images of the president grinning and gripping hands with the ambassador. Tass, Russia’s official news agency, released more photographs of the three men laughing together in the Oval Office.

The White House released nothing.

The result was a public relations coup of sorts for Russia and Mr. Lavrov in particular, who not only received a collegial Oval Office welcome from the president, but the photographic evidence to prove it. By contrast, when Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson traveled to Moscow last month, President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia kept him waiting for hours before granting him an audience at the Kremlin. Then, too, Mr. Tillerson left his American press contingent behind.

2 years ago '08        #46
space
space
Week 17

Comey agrees to testify before Senate panel

[video - click to view]

Dem Congressman Calls For Impeachment Of Trump

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

For US presidents, their first big overseas trip is basically a debutante ball: It’s meant to introduce the new president on the world stage and induct them into the high society of powerful world leaders. And for most US presidents, it’s an important but still relatively low-stakes affair, with kings, emirs, and presidents rolling out the red carpet to wine and dine the American president and stage smiling photo ops.

But Donald Trump isn’t most US presidents, and the stakes couldn’t be higher for his first trip abroad. All eyes will be watching Trump’s every move to see if he can really hack it as a serious world leader or whether he’ll have the same stumbles abroad that he’s been having at home.

And Trump is making his debut on the world stage in one of the most politically complex places on earth: the Middle East. He leaves late Friday for a two-day trip to Saudi Arabia, followed by a day-long trip to Israel on Monday (and then a short stop at the Vatican, meetings with European leaders in Sicily, and finally a NATO summit in Brussels, Belgium).

Navigating the tricky world of Middle East diplomacy is tough for even the most seasoned diplomats — and Trump is very emphatically not a seasoned diplomat. He tends to go off script, blurting out whatever pops into his head regardless of whether it’s even remotely appropriate or accurate.

With his young presidency mired in nonstop scandals, public relations gaffes, and political chaos, Trump could really use a big win right about now. And the White House is desperately praying that the big foreign trip will be that big win.

2 years ago '08        #47
space
space
Week 18

[video - click to view]

President Trump's fiscal 2018 budget proposal would completely eliminate 66 federal programs, for a savings of $26.7 billion.

Some of the programs would receive funding for 2018 as part of a phasing-out plan.

Here are the programs the administration wants on the chopping block.

Agriculture Department — $855 million

· McGovern-Dole International Food for Education

· Rural Business-Cooperative Service

· Rural Water and Waste Disposal Program Account

· Single Family Housing Direct Loans

Commerce Department — $633 million

· Economic Development Administration

· Manufacturing Extension Partnership

· Minority Business Development Agency

· National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Grants and Education

Education Department — $4.976 billion

· 21st Century Community Learning Centers

· Comprehensive Literacy Development Grants

· Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants

President Donald Trump signed a nearly $110 billion defense deal with Saudi Arabia's King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud on Saturday, signaling the United States' renewed commitment to its alliance with the Gulf kingdom and desire to bolster its counterterrorism partnership.

The deal was finalized in part thanks to the direct involvement of Jared Kushner, the President's son-in-law and senior adviser. He shocked a high-level Saudi delegation earlier this month when he personally called Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson and asked if she would cut the price of a sophisticated missile detection system, according to a source with knowledge of the call.

Pressured to finalize a massive $100-plus billion arms deal in the two weeks leading up to Trump's trip to Saudi Arabia, Kushner hoped to maneuver a discount on Lockheed's Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system during the

Saudis' visit to the White House on May 1 -- a request that Hewson said she would look into at the time.

2 years ago '17        #48
ddy807 14 heat pts14
space
space
$3,121 | Props total: 8170 8170

[tweet - click to view]

[tweet - click to view]

this thread is missing 6 months of fu*kery.

Last edited by ddy807; 12-05-2017 at 10:38 AM..

2 years ago '17        #49
ddy807 14 heat pts14
space
space
$3,121 | Props total: 8170 8170

[tweet - click to view]

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+103online now  22
Image(s) inside Light Work
53 comments