Jul 10 - Parts of New Orleans Are Flooded. Worse Is on the Way.

most viewed right now
+21  65
28 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

5 days ago '06        #1
435 page views
12 comments

RAZAH CUTS 6729 heat pts6729
space
space
$59,904 | Props total: 38736 38736
Jul 10 - Parts of New Orleans Are Flooded. Worse Is on the Way.

There was quite a lot of water in the streets of New Orleans on Wednesday morning, thanks to intense thunderstorms that prompted the National Weather Service to issue a “Flash Flood Emergency” warning. Parts of the city received nearly a foot of rain before noon, turning neighborhoods that rarely flood into canoe routes.

Those scenes offer a preview of what’s to come later in the week, when a tropical depression is projected to turn into Hurricane Barry and make landfall on the Louisiana coast as a Category 1, dropping as much as 2 feet of rain in some parts of the state.

New Orleans has long had a problem with rainfall flooding, since much of the city sits just above sea level, and a good part of it sits below. Enormous pumps were a big part of the city’s $14.6 billion storm protection upgrade after Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005, and their struggles are a subject of citywide scrutiny every time it rains. Topographically, New Orleans is often likened to a bowl, but it’s more like a waffle, with pockets of low ground that fill up with just a few inches of rain.

A rain forecast like Barry’s is never welcome news in New Orleans. But what makes this storm particularly ominous is that it comes at a time when the Mississippi River in New Orleans is just below flood stage, an unusual and unprecedented development this late in the year. As I wrote in June, the river—swollen by a record year of rainfall in the Midwest—has never been so high, so long. A few feet of rain and a midsized storm surge are projected to bring the river to a height it hasn’t hit in more than 90 years, reaching the top of the levees. Another foot would cause river water to crash into the neighborhoods below. Katrina hit when the river was running at 3 feet; it currently sits at 16 feet.

The levees top out around 20 feet; storm surge on the Mississippi is projected at 20 feet. If the forecast stands, at least some water will overtop the levees along the banks of the river.

visit this link https://slate.com/busines .. is-coming.html
+4   

best
worst
12 comments

5 days ago '07        #2
IFuckedUrMom 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,267 | Props total: 5074 5074
Just got back from NO, couldn’t even see the damn road it rained so hard.
+5   

5 days ago '16        #3
Adamus 4 heat pts
space
space
$530 | Props total: 1388 1388
sh*t, I pray for my fam n friends in the city
That broken a*s drainage system the city installed won't help things either

I wanted to go back home too
+2   

5 days ago '10        #4
dcharles8 9 heat pts
space
space
$657 | Props total: 291 291
aint gonna front. in my almost 28 years this is the first time im kinda scared bout flooding and its because of this river situation.
high river from heavy rainfall up north plus a storm surge from the golf pushing water upriver.
ive been through hurricanes, normal flooding but never this. read some where it could be the first time in modern history this could happen.
+1   

5 days ago '19        #5
dlaroc 
space
space
space
$26 | Props total: 75 75
why the fu*k yall dumbass wanna live in N.O and below sealevel... fu*king idiots

5 days ago '17        #6
lucifershammer 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,838 | Props total: 28405 28405
Y'all better make filling your gas tank up a priority
+1   

4 days ago '10        #7
dcharles8 9 heat pts
space
space
 dlaroc said
why the fu*k yall dumbass wanna live in N.O and below sealevel... fu*king idiots
its arguably one of the best cities in America.
But besides that, its under sea level but not the whole city slappy.
And how would you feel if you grew up somewhere and a person said your stupid for living there. Not because it was a sh*t whole (Because nola isnt one) but because it floods... youre going to stay you a*s there. if you say youre leaving then your city is probably sh*tty or you truly dont want to be there

4 days ago '19        #8
dlaroc 
space
space
space
$26 | Props total: 75 75
 dcharles8 said
its arguably one of the best cities in America.
But besides that, its under sea level but not the whole city slappy.
And how would you feel if you grew up somewhere and a person said your stupid for living there. Not because it was a sh*t whole (Because nola isnt one) but because it floods... youre going to stay you a*s there. if you say youre leaving then your city is probably sh*tty or you truly dont want to be there
N.O and the whole south is a sh*t hole... only uneducated idiots live in those areas..

4 days ago '05        #9
Rockstar718 72 heat pts72
space
space
$12,649 | Props total: 16131 16131
 dlaroc said
Most cities near a water source are at sea level, it's not just new Orleans.

And New Orleans is easily one of the top 10 American cities. I wouldn't live down there but it doesn't make it any less if a great city. Hoping for the best for those down there
+2   

4 days ago '10        #10
dcharles8 9 heat pts
space
space
 dlaroc said
N.O and the whole south is a sh*t hole... only uneducated idiots live in those areas..
Well slappy, I’m pretty educated & from the south. So hey 2 more things you’re wrong about.

Last edited by dcharles8; 07-11-2019 at 07:07 PM..

4 days ago '16        #11
Jody 37 heat pts37
space
space
$3,357 | Props total: 7216 7216
 Rockstar718 said
Most cities near a water source are at sea level, it's not just new Orleans.

And New Orleans is easily one of the top 10 American cities. I wouldn't live down there but it doesn't make it any less if a great city. Hoping for the best for those down there
Stop it 5

New Orleans is good during Mardi Gras.

Its a sh*t hole the other 11 months out of the year
+1   

4 days ago '05        #12
Rockstar718 72 heat pts72
space
space
$12,649 | Props total: 16131 16131
 Jody said
Stop it 5

New Orleans is good during Mardi Gras.

Its a sh*t hole the other 11 months out of the year
I've been to a lot of cities in the US, and I really cant think of 10 other cities that I personally like more than New Orleans. The food, the music, the history, creole women, it all comes together. Granted I've never stayed for an extended period of time, but I never had a bad time down there.

I've actually never been for Mardi Gras but I plan on it

4 days ago '15        #13
Copykat 
space
space
$254 | Props total: 1175 1175
It’s crazy that we’re currently seeing the effects of climate change and still so many people view it as a long-term problem. We’ve been shown graphics of cities that will end up underwater for a minute now. sh*t won’t happen overnight, events like this will occur more and more frequently to the point a retroactive solution will no longer work.
+1   

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+102online now  18
Image(s) inside Light Work
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+70online now  15
Video inside Master P Responds To I Got The Hook Up 2 Backlash