72 yr old retired aviation officer started 2nd career: selling heroin for BGF

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '19        #1
547 page views
12 comments

l3altimore 7 11 heat pts11
space
space
$572 | Props total: 2068 2068
72 yr old retired aviation officer started 2nd career: selling heroin for BGF

As federal prosecutors were winding down their cases against one of Baltimore’s most notorious drug gangs, the Black Guerrilla Family, one name stood out among the nearly two dozen members sentenced to prison for firearms, racketeering and drug crimes.

Phillip Poggie, 72, lived in a modest Glen Burnie apartment not far off Crain Highway and had retired in April 2015 from a 13-year career as an administrative officer with the Maryland Aviation Administration.

His family says that he regularly preached abstinence from drugs and alcohol and the value of hard work with his commitment to his job. Before 2017, Poggie had never been charged with a felony or any drug possession or distribution offense in Maryland, court records show.

But Poggie pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute and possess 100 grams or more of heroin in concert with the BGF in February 2018. He was sentenced to a year in prison but received several months’ worth of credit for time served while awaiting trial.

The grandson he helped raise says he has no idea what happened to “the leader of the family” for him to turn to a life of crime with a notorious prison gang that prosecutors say committed multiple murders in Baltimore City and sold heroin in the city as well as Anne Arundel County.

Court records show Poggie was caught in wiretapped conversations speaking with Deandre Dorsey, who prosecutors described as “a heroin distributor and member of the Black Guerrilla Family” as well as the leader of a drug trafficking organization that operated primarily in Anne Arundel County from August 2014 to May 2017.

According to his plea, Poggie struggled to understand his new place in the BGF drug trafficking ring. Conversations recorded in 2017 show he was still learning the lingo of the drug trade under Dorsey.

“Do you feel like bringing me something?” Dorsey asked Poggie on April 14, 2017, Poggie’s plea agreement reads.

“What do you want?” Poggie replied.

“5 dollars yo, do you know what I’m talking about?” Dorsey said.

“I’m not sure,” Poggie said.

“I need 5 yo. I need 5 yo,” Dorsey said before Poggie responds, “Oh, five of the bags I got?”

Two weeks later, according to the plea agreement, Poggie was again recorded talking to Dorsey. Customers were complaining that the drugs Poggie had packaged were coming in light, Dorsey said.

It’s a stark contrast to the “no alcohol, no drugs” man who helped raise his grandson, Thomas “T.J.” Poggie, in the absence of a father.

In an interview with the Baltimore Sun, T.J. Poggie described his grandfather as the father figure in his life who would walk to work even during a blizzard and always advocated that the younger members of his family avoid dangerous vices.

T.J. Poggie said the family noticed changes in Phillip Poggie’s demeanor after he retired from his position at the Maryland Aviation Administration in April 2015 but didn’t know what to attribute it to.

T.J. Poggie said he knew his grandfather had a gambling problem but didn’t know what prompted Phillip Poggie to start packaging and storing drugs for the Black Guerrilla Family.

“I don’t exactly know why he got involved with it,” T.J. said. “Nobody really knows but him.”

Defense attorney Richard Bardos said Phillip Poggie has since been released from prison. Attempts to contact Poggie at his Glen Burnie apartment, over the phone and through former defense attorneys were unsuccessful.

Now in North Carolina, T.J. Poggie said his family has largely cut ties with his grandfather, calling him a “hypocrite” who had potentially put the family in danger by using his residence as a place to store and package drugs.

A week before Phillip Poggie was arrested on Aug. 28, 2017, T.J. Poggie said he visited his grandfather with his children and his mother, Poggie’s daughter.

“A week later, the door gets kicked in by police,” T.J. Poggie said, upset by the fact that he and his family could’ve been potentially charged as accomplices if they were in the apartment when police conducted the raid. It’s so baffling to everybody about what happened.”

That’s what upset T.J. Poggie. “It wasn’t necessarily what he did that angered most of the family,” he said.

Phillip Poggie

Last edited by l3altimore 7; 07-11-2019 at 03:26 AM..
+2   

best
worst
12 comments

2 weeks ago '08        #2
Chedda 458 heat pts458
space
space
$18,968 | Props total: 48832 48832

[pic - click to view]

+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #3
l3altimore 7 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
 Chedda said

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #4
space
space
The news outlets, being as biased as they are, neglected to include a picture of him of course

+2   

2 weeks ago '08        #5
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$38,569 | Props total: 22096 22096
I don’t think his fam should’ve bailed on him tho

I get it but damn
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #6
lucifershammer 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,906 | Props total: 28641 28641
Poggie responds, “Oh, five of the bags I got?”
+7   

2 weeks ago '12        #7
TrillSwag 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,381 | Props total: 16499 16499
 lucifershammer said
n*gga must have had dementia kicking in.
+3   

2 weeks ago '07        #8
Damagegadget 495 heat pts495
space
space
$40,648 | Props total: 27634 27634
I That retirement after all those years didn’t equal 10k plus a week.
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #9
AlBooBoo 19 heat pts19
space
space
$49,568 | Props total: 75181 75181
The family says “we don’t know why he would do this”

But the next line says he had a gambling problem and the family was aware of it ....

The sht is right there in ur fave Mf was prolly in debt and tried to sell some dog food for the mob and got caught up like a bozo lol
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #10
BangEm904 38 heat pts38
space
space
$7,754 | Props total: 16265 16265
Got dat WMD rite chea rite chea
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #11
space
space
 Damagegadget said
I That retirement after all those years didnít equal 10k plus a week.
If he was making 10k+ a week just for being a courier & stashing dog food then he had it made
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #12
Damagegadget 495 heat pts495
space
space
$40,648 | Props total: 27634 27634
 l3altimore 7 said
If he was making 10k+ a week just for being a courier & stashing dog food then he had it made
I know cats in TX, that was gettin that plus for drops
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #13
Lord Kushington 142 heat pts142
space
space
$2,034 | Props total: 6977 6977
Maryland BGF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> California BGF

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  36
BOX 😂😂😂 is this shopped? Damn Keith 🤕
145 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  35
Son, What The F*ck?!
76 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  30
Video inside Baltimore went viral for having a British accent in rapping
74 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+17online now  28
Jul 22 - Courtroom chaos: Video shows judge dragged away after her own sentenc..
72 comments
18 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy