The WarnerMedia streaming service has been named HBO MAX & will release in Spring 2020

most viewed right now
74 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 days ago '18        #26
Pastor Ra 77 heat pts77
space
space
$3,235 | Props total: 10378 10378
This is hilarious. I called it before this streaming era started. It went from a time where n*ggas would easily download sh*t for the free to a time where people have become so reliant on streaming services. People are really paying for convenience and that is all.

The easiest thing to do is to go to 1 of these sites and download this sh*t for free, but n*ggas have gotten so used to the convenience of streaming services that they are distraught over there being so many platforms outside of Netflix now.

The truth is that a lot of these companies used Netflix for years and are now going to try and slowly k*ll it. I am of the belief that if you complain about which service to go to, while all of this sh*t is free, you are an idiot. If you drive everyday to work, are you unable to walk there if your car isn't available anymore?

n*ggas act like these services are the end all be all and that sh*t is funny to watch. "Everyone doesn't know how to use a torrent". Dawg, i've never used a torrent in my life and i've been downloading free movies n shows for 13+ years.

Find a site with verystream direct links and you're good. Before openload, there was putlocker. Whenever a site with crisp links goes down, 3 more pop up. They can never k*ll free downloads, so they convinced retards that convenience is key. Got n*ggas reliant on their weak a*s services and now they trying to k*ll each other's businesses. Some people are just pawns awaiting to help them fund their streaming war.

6 days ago '19        #27
Tokinj approved 211 heat pts211
space
space
$933 | Props total: 12980 12980
I pay 108$ (tax included) for the Net, $20 for iptv service.. The most I was paying was 230$ for 2 Boxes, HBO & SHOWTIME, Net/ Phone bundle.. Plus additional $70 for PPV.
+1   

6 days ago '11        #28
Tooly Da Gawd 33 heat pts33
space
space
$5,681 | Props total: 5198 5198
 Witness102 said
I grew up paying $12 for an album - that's like $34236478 in today's money.
Amazon music = free w/ Prime / Google Music free w/ YouTube - Spotify $10 - I mean it used to take me two weeks to save my allowance to buy 1 record, and you're damn right I learned every song. I paid an arm and a leg to get 3 songs I liked, and I learned to enjoy the others.

Cable - I paid $80 for 57 channels I didn't want. Now it's $65 in today's money for 300 channels I don't want. I will happily pay $50 for 5 different streaming services that each have something I like - rather than the cable game playing w/ packages, etc.

Bottom line is that it's never been so cheap to be entertained - at a pretty high level - stop whining ! You could be old like me!
12 dollars?!?!

sh*t I waited in line and paid 35 bucks for Crunk Juice back in the day lol
+1   

6 days ago '07        #29
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$41,858 | Props total: 8926 8926
 Pythagoras said
About 3 will survive. Each company is hoping they are one of the three. Price wars will ensue to gain subscribers (then slowly raise the price like NFLX is doing) to the benefit of consumers. For example, no way Disney is making a dime on their streaming service at $7 a month.

Personally I think NFLX first mover advantage and current subscriber base basically guarantees its survival. Wouldn't be surprised if they purchased a smaller studio with existing content like AMC networks to better bolster their current library.
Disney will make a k*lling on its streaming service because it literally owns all of it and foxes content.

That's everything from the simpsons,to married with children,to avengers.

Company like Netflix are barely profitable because they have to spend so much money acquiring content.

If any streaming service gets phased out,it will be Netflix
+2   

6 days ago '05        #30
Fauby 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,455 | Props total: 12216 12216
 jsmooth-117 said
I legit want to know what these companies are thinking coming out with all these streaming services.

Do these companies really think people are going to have 4-5 different streaming service just so they can watch Marvel movies, friends, the office, current tv shows, and orange is the new black?

They need to do what they did with streaming music.

No exclusives. Everything available everywhere

6 days ago '08        #31
RokkyRok 53 heat pts53
space
space
$6,863 | Props total: 830 830
DirecTV Now is supposed to be getting rolled into this - lower your expectations if so.

6 days ago '19        #32
Witness102 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$42 | Props total: 203 203
 Fauby said
They need to do what they did with streaming music.

No exclusives. Everything available everywhere
They can't yet - that's a generation ahead.

Like music did the same thing and everybody went legal - ie: Napster, Kazaa (I worked there as a unrelated side note), Deezer, Rhapsody,Walmart - everyone was trying to sell music until iTunes had a model that worked for content producers (labels).

Then once that model was squeezed to death - in come the subscriptions!

But even Apple Music has failed really, Tidal's only exit-strategy is/was a buy out, and no one else matters except king Spotify.

Same thing will happen w/ TV - they'll all get tired of the cost/infrastructure/etc. of running a streaming service - we'll see consolidation, and then eventually an all you can eat deal w/ a one or two major services.

The difference here is that record labels never owned the distribution chain, ie: the stores. Cable companies DO own the content - and that makes this a bit of a horse of a different color - but we'll see how it plays out. For the next decade - it's going to look like a cable package of streaming services. Get used to it.

5 days ago '07        #33
calle13 470 heat pts470
space
space
$6,257 | Props total: 12101 12101
 grydlok said
remember the Swamp thing canceled thread... That DC Universe app and service is going away. AT&T will not compete against themselves.
For example, look how they did Cricket Wireless.
i mean... they could just open up a section for DC Shows in this right ? what are they gonna do for people who already subscribed to the DC App? sh*t wtf is going to happen to the DC App thats my main question.. Like how is all of this sh*t going to be handled ? smh i swear Warnerbros are impulsive as fu*k.

5 days ago '04        #34
Mr AirRic 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 5000 5000
why do i have 3 slaps & no quotes for liking fresh prince? this forum has gotten so weird
+1   

5 days ago '16        #35
KWizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,715 | Props total: 12173 12173
 calle13 said
i mean... they could just open up a section for DC Shows in this right ? what are they gonna do for people who already subscribed to the DC App? sh*t wtf is going to happen to the DC App thats my main question.. Like how is all of this sh*t going to be handled ? smh i swear Warnerbros are impulsive as fu*k.
Dc app will most likely be rolled into HBO Max
+1   

5 days ago '17        #36
YAYO101 
space
space
$4,134 | Props total: 10993 10993
Damn and this streaming war is just getting started. Netflix will be alight. Harder to gain Subscribers than it is to Lose them

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  168
Jul 15 - Killer decapitated Instagram star ex 17, then shared photo of her b..
264 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+26online now  56
Good Googly Moogly...That Azz Is Juicy!!!
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+50online now  29
Image(s) inside Jul 15 - Jeff Goldblum says Area 51 #CantStopUsAll
63 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+39online now  20
Image(s) inside The Gamess royalties seized