If Biggie didn't get shot...

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 week ago '04        #1
646 page views
45 comments

JoeyAvalanche 
Props total: 651 651  Slaps total: 72 72
If Biggie didn't get shot...

If Biggie didn't get shot and instead just fell off after his first 2 albums, would be be as revered as he is now?

A lot of other artists have come along over the years and had a hot 5 year window and then fell off and their legacy fades away. Those 2-3 hot albums just get stuck in time.

We're only human though and when a celebrity dies in their prime, they naturally tend to carry this aura.

Biggie is top 3 of all time for me, so i'm no casual fan.
But I wonder if he just fell off instead if people would still consider him a GOAT and how much has passing away added to people liking his music more?

+6   

best
worst
45 comments

1 week ago '13        #2
Hayek  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 10230 10 K  Slaps total: 3408 3 K
n*ggas still praise all them 80s rappers so yeah, after 2 albums that better than 99 percent of rappers discographies, yeah he'd still be a goat. Look at how 50, Em, and Snoop are treated. And honestly, Nas never topped Illmatic to most people and his disco is kinda lackluster after that to most people and he's still a goat.
+7   

1 week ago '18        #3
OleBone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 2476 2 K  Slaps total: 622 622
n*ggas still praise Slick Rick and he's a 1 hot album a*s nikka.

1 week ago '19        #4
alwaysworking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4314 4 K  Slaps total: 750 750

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '19        #5
aaf192020 
Props total: 23470 23 K  Slaps total: 1554 1 K
I think it would've been impossible for Big to fall off.
+7   

1 week ago '06        #6
alchemy187 
Props total: 15696 15 K  Slaps total: 4264 4 K
“Biggie is top 3 of all time so im no casual fan.”

+3   

1 week ago '18        #7
MC Gusto 
Props total: 9723 9 K  Slaps total: 964 964
 JoeyAvalanche said
If Biggie didn't get shot and instead just fell off after his first 2 albums, would be be as revered as he is now?

A lot of other artists have come along over the years and had a hot 5 year window and then fell off and their legacy fades away. Those 2-3 hot albums just get stuck in time.

We're only human though and when a celebrity dies in their prime, they naturally tend to carry this aura.

Biggie is top 3 of all time for me, so i'm no casual fan.
But I wonder if he just fell off instead if people would still consider him a GOAT and how much has passing away added to people liking his music more?

1. I always think about what life would have been like if 2pac and Big never got shot. I'm always down for a good fan fiction

2. I think Big would have had a Nas/Jay-z career. He would be on album 15 by now. He was a star. They said he was reading movie scripts before he passed. He would have been relevant even if the music fell off.
+6   

1 week ago '20        #8
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 1658 1 K  Slaps total: 80 80
 OleBone said
Slick Rick kinda helped pioneer that golden era of hip hop and he had drip before drip was a thing.
+1   

1 week ago '04        #9
JoeyAvalanche  OP
Props total: 651 651  Slaps total: 72 72
 alchemy187 said
“Biggie is top 3 of all time so im no casual fan.”

What’s the joke here my man?

1 week ago '15        #10
KING SOULJA 
Props total: 29433 29 K  Slaps total: 13233 13 K
Idk. Hard to say but I feel like Biggie would not have dropped 12 albums or anything like he would have stopped after about 4 or 5 maybe in 2004 or so. I can’t imagine him pulling a snoop dogg but you never know.
+2   

1 week ago '04        #11
skillahmang 
Props total: 47834 47 K  Slaps total: 10029 10 K
 OleBone said
Slick Rick brought so much to to game.

Outside of discography.
+3   

1 week ago '21        #12
Young Defiant 
Props total: 2922 2 K  Slaps total: 8252 8 K
I appreciate your ability to think and question everything, but this one was no need to look further into...Biggie was incredible.....
+6   

1 week ago '10        #13
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19025 19 K  Slaps total: 3457 3 K
 Hayek said
n*ggas still praise all them 80s rappers so yeah, after 2 albums that better than 99 percent of rappers discographies, yeah he'd still be a goat. Look at how 50, Em, and Snoop are treated. And honestly, Nas never topped Illmatic to most people and his disco is kinda lackluster after that to most people and he's still a goat.
Slapped Nas has the greatest discography in music period
+2   

1 week ago '16        #14
russisblack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 15243 15 K  Slaps total: 2338 2 K
 Hayek said
lackluster ?? wtf Nas has one of the best discographies in rap lol

n*ggas get on Nas about his beat selection which is a huge myth .

he also topped Illmatic with It Was Written & possibly Stillmatic .

n*ggas only hate on his Nastradamus project
+3   

1 week ago '13        #15
 acegutta22 said
Slapped Nas has the greatest discography in music period
You are illiterate

1 week ago '10        #16
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19025 19 K  Slaps total: 3457 3 K
 Hayek said
You are illiterate
sh*t you could get slapped in real life
+2   

1 week ago '14        #17
iamlegend24 
Props total: 15315 15 K  Slaps total: 1498 1 K
 Hayek said
It was written is better than illmatic in every way. Production wise, lyrically, strong structure , topics
+1   

1 week ago '14        #18
iamlegend24 
 aaf192020 said
I think it would've been impossible for Big to fall off.
Y you think that?

1 week ago '18        #19
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 55814 55 K  Slaps total: 13445 13 K
 KING SOULJA said
Idk. Hard to say but I feel like Biggie would not have dropped 12 albums or anything like he would have stopped after about 4 or 5 maybe in 2004 or so. I can’t imagine him pulling a snoop dogg but you never know.
He didn't seem the type to chase the fame, more so let it come to him and then bow out gracefully. But you never really know......sometimes just letting go and fading to obscurity is the hardest thing for artist to do
+1   

1 week ago '13        #20
 acegutta22 said
sh*t you could get slapped in real life
Anybody can get slapped in real life. You think you tough for saying this online kid?

1 week ago '07        #21
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30628 30 K  Slaps total: 14639 14 K
If Biggie don't get shot Cam'ron and Charli Baltimore are two of the biggest artists in rap.

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '19        #22
aaf192020 
 iamlegend24 said
Y you think that?
His flow was immaculate. He could rap on any style of beat. His pen was crazy. He wrote songs hits for everybody including women. We have no idea how great his talent would grow. Eventually he would've outgrown Puff and I have no doubt he would've been an executive at a major label or the ceo of his own label.

Outside of the beef with death Row Big had no negative issues or stigmas. He wasnt too fat or ugly to be a genuine superstar. He didn't lack the talent or charisma. He wasn't taking L's like Meek that would derail his character.

I just can't see, given how rap has been since he died, how he falls off. If he dropped another album in 98' or 99' we're probably not talking about Hov right now the way we do. Speaking of Jay look how his flow got better. Man Big would've k*lled the early 2000's with collabs southern artists. Not only that before he died he was about to sign Cam'ron who wrote Kim and Cease verses on Crush On You. Lox probably don't leave if Big stays. Diplomats, Lox, Big, Junior Mafia, etc. They competing with Rocafella right there.
+3   

1 week ago '14        #23
iamlegend24 
 aaf192020 said
His flow was immaculate. He could rap on any style of beat. His pen was crazy. He wrote songs hits for everybody including women. We have no idea how great his talent would grow. Eventually he would've outgrown Puff and I have no doubt he would've been an executive at a major label or the ceo of his own label.

Outside of the beef with death Row Big had no negative issues or stigmas. He wasnt too fat or ugly to be a genuine superstar. He didn't lack the talent or charisma. He wasn't taking L's like Meek that would derail his character.

I just can't see, given how rap has been since he died, how he falls off. If he dropped another album in 98' or 99' we're probably not talking about Hov right now the way we do. Speaking of Jay look how his flow got better. Man Big would've k*lled the early 2000's with collabs southern artists. Not only that before he died he was about to sign Cam'ron who wrote Kim and Cease verses on Crush On You. Lox probably don't leave if Big stays. Diplomats, Lox, Big, Junior Mafia, etc. They competing with Rocafella right there.
I see what and you got pretty good points but everybody eventually falls off
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '19        #24
aaf192020 
 iamlegend24 said
I see what and you got pretty good points but everybody eventually falls off
Not popping doesn't equal falling off. I don't think he would be hot as fish grease for 20 years straight. Even MJ had long periods of time with no music. I just think he would fall somewhere around a Nas or Hov type trajectory. He was that versatile and we didn't even get to witness all his talent. Big could actually sing pretty damn good. I was watching his doc and that shxt passed me off and surprised tf outta me at the same time. I dunno for sure but Biggie was smooth enough maybe he could've got off a couple Drake like hooks without the streets k*llin him lol.
+1   

1 week ago '08        #25
sasuke-sama313 
Props total: 395 395  Slaps total: 64 64
No one with that level of skill can i see falling off in rap. (Skill wise)
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+553online now  29
Announcer ready to risk it all after seeing chick in the stands
265 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+61online now  25
$1 milly lotto ticket winner opts for one-time payout