If you get accused of murder, how much does it cost to defend yourself?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+28  49
45 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

4 days ago '05        #51
projectd06 
Props total: 27306 27 K  Slaps total: 6803 6 K
Dude at work paid 20k for a lawyer just for his 3rd DUI, dumb fu*ker. Dumb for the DUI not the lawyer
+4   

4 days ago '04        #52
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x51
Props total: 115834 115 K  Slaps total: 16999 16 K
Bx lawyers rush in with their briefcases
+6   

4 days ago '14        #53
dom king  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2257 2 K  Slaps total: 168 168
 SSJ4 Goku said
I'm so happy i had a strict a*s mother, who taught me consequences young. I always used too say, i was afraid of my mother more than NYPD. I remember one day i got caught skipping school, cop sat me in the back of his car & he told me to call my mom. On god, i told him just take me to jail. She always used too say....

"You can rap all that dipstreet (dipset) & 50 if you want too, but if yo a*s end up jail trying to be like them, you staying in there. I ain't bailing out no murder. Idgaf if you are my son. Rent ain't cheap, n*gga."

Mrs.Wright did not play.
Lol same sh*t happened to me think I was like 16 had like a half of bud on me ..was literally right up the block from my crib cop said ..call ur mom...I was like nah I'm good just take me to the precinct mom's don't play that sh*t
+2   

4 days ago '17        #54
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 46950 46 K  Slaps total: 7302 7 K
 whammy said
If you were minding your own business you wouldn't be speaking on mine.
Public forum bro

+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 days ago '18        #55
MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
Props total: 4568 4 K  Slaps total: 1275 1 K
 Proveone said
His numbers are definitely on point, you'll likely need to retain multiple expert witnesses as well. Most folks drop $30k to $50k on a private attorney just to get dumped on the PD after the prelim.
Sheesh. That’s good to know my guy
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 days ago '18        #56
 Avon_Barksdale said
Dope a*s thread...

Thank you
+4   

4 days ago '15        #57
KING SOULJA 
Props total: 29423 29 K  Slaps total: 13230 13 K
Accessory is higher than the one who actually does the k*lling?
+4   

4 days ago '14        #58
dom king  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2257 2 K  Slaps total: 168 168
 projectd06 said
Dude at work paid 20k for a lawyer just for his 3rd DUI, dumb fu*ker. Dumb for the DUI not the lawyer
Caught a dui in 16... They charged me with dui dwi reckless driving and some other drug sh*t....pops was plugged in with a lawyer...we never was close but he looked out for me think I paid a grand ..ate the reckless it was either that or do 90 days..paid like 100$ in court fees no points...license got suspended for 6 months cus I refused to blow
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 days ago '18        #59
 oswaldgatesjr said
i like stuff like this. They need to start showing interspecfics of sh*t like this and stop showing just the good rap video flossing. Even though u can put up 10 percent of bail i personally done seen mothers put they house up for collateral and the damage black genocide has done to to black families.

This my homie lil tony..him and his dad big tony were both murdered young. Lil tony lost his life last month at 32 and his dad in his mid 20s about 3 years after lil tony was born. Ironically lil tony has a 8 month old baby on the way who won't get to see there farther. All the names smoking on took etc we don't get to see the mothers tears of pain or the scrambling up money for funeral arrangements.

Rip lil tony and big tony

please stop the gun violence

rip
+3   

4 days ago '20        #60
Fianchetto 
Props total: 1388 1 K  Slaps total: 5007 5 K
 shells49 said
in some cases millions if you got it. look bat the oj trial they paid millions to hire "experts" to present their "professional opinion" to discredit some of the evidence against him.
Why would you put those words within quotation marks, as if OJ didn't really hire actual experts with actual professional opinions?

4 days ago '17        #61
Yahurdme 
Props total: 3347 3 K  Slaps total: 273 273
 D0llarB1ll said
Good info though I doubt anyone stops to think “can i pay to defend myself” before they pull the trigger. Lol
I ask myself that all
the time... its why I
have NO bodies
on my dossier.
+2   

4 days ago '04        #62
strat 
Props total: 3008 3 K  Slaps total: 597 597
9 out of 10 people are always better off with the PD. PDs are much more experienced Trial attorneys than what the average person can afford. Most private lawyers are either fresh out of law school or former PDs anyway.

The best "private" attorneys do white collar crime. Those are the clients who have the ability to pay. Most people charged with bodies dont got money, or clean money to pay.

4 days ago '04        #63
ScaledAt10 
Props total: 2898 2 K  Slaps total: 428 428
Attorney Gang in the BX building since 04'

Just in case any BXer does need a certified criminal defense trial attorney in NY/NJ/PA message me
+6   

4 days ago '21        #64
I am awake 
Props total: 888 888  Slaps total: 271 271
 Jo Blow said
i should of listened to moms and became a lawyer smh
 whammy said
Or become a bailbondsman.
 Jo Blow said
Moms never told me that
 whammy said
Doesn't matter.

You don't listen to her anyway.

fu*king brutal exchange of words.
+4   

4 days ago '04        #65
Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 42443 42 K  Slaps total: 9586 9 K

+5   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 days ago '18        #66
 ScaledAt10 said
Attorney Gang in the BX building since 04'

Just in case any BXer does need a certified criminal defense trial attorney in NY/NJ/PA message me
+2   

4 days ago '21        #67
I am awake 
Props total: 888 888  Slaps total: 271 271
 SSJ4 Goku said
I'm so happy i had a strict a*s mother, who taught me consequences young. I always used too say, i was afraid of my mother more than NYPD. I remember one day i got caught skipping school, cop sat me in the back of his car & he told me to call my mom. On god, i told him just take me to jail. She always used too say....

"You can rap all that dipstreet (dipset) & 50 if you want too, but if yo a*s end up jail trying to be like them, you staying in there. I ain't bailing out no murder. Idgaf if you are my son. Rent ain't cheap, n*gga."

Mrs.Wright did not play.
I miss Mrs. Wrights mouth

4 days ago '15        #68
SSJ4 Goku  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 91018 91 K  Slaps total: 8817 8 K
 dom king said
Lol same sh*t happened to me think I was like 16 had like a half of bud on me ..was literally right up the block from my crib cop said ..call ur mom...I was like nah I'm good just take me to the precinct mom's don't play that sh*t
He told me that sh*t & i just stared like that tupac gif. I was like jail was better than an a*s whooping.
+4   

4 days ago '12        #69
McGirt876  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 20568 20 K  Slaps total: 1653 1 K
I just need to find someplace where there's less humans... Won't be no one to murder or even accuse me of murder... These fu*kers will lock ur a*s up off an accusation and I just value my life much more than that..
+5   

4 days ago '17        #70
DaQCKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 89162 89 K  Slaps total: 3733 3 K
 Jo Blow said
i should of listened to moms and became a lawyer smh
Never too late fam. Kim K is trying it at 40
+5   

4 days ago '16        #71
Teknicks 
Props total: 31756 31 K  Slaps total: 5545 5 K
 shells49 said
in some cases millions if you got it. look bat the oj trial they paid millions to hire "experts" to present their "professional opinion" to discredit some of the evidence against him. it really depends on who you are if you have million sto spend them skys the limit but if you are broke.....wellll good luck. the justice system favors those with money the more money you have the better defense you put put up.

of course NONE of that matters in the federal system. conviction rate is like 98% lol its rare for anyone to beat a fed case they just let you dig a huge hole then indict you and its GAME OVER.
I know I couple cats who got charged with murder in situations similar to Gucci. Luckily they really were innocent in the prosecutor dropped the charges before a trial.

One dude even went on the run they found him in Vegas and brought him in, during the investigation they found out it was self-defense and he only ran because he felt like he couldn't afford a good lawyer, and they still let him off.
+4   

4 days ago '17        #72
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 31179 31 K  Slaps total: 8779 8 K
That isn’t true whatsoever. Lol at 2 million minimum. Look at you goofies eating it up to. Unless you’re hiring a celeb attorney you aren’t paying anywhere near 1 million dollars for a good attorney.

4 days ago '16        #73
Teknicks 
Props total: 31756 31 K  Slaps total: 5545 5 K
 Kodack sixnine said
Honestly as a black man having a gun seems dangerous. Even if it’s in self-defense and they break into your home chances are they’ll still charge your a*s
I purposely never stayed strapped in my 20s.. Gotta move smarter, no other choice..
+4   

4 days ago '17        #74
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 31179 31 K  Slaps total: 8779 8 K
 strat said
9 out of 10 people are always better off with the PD. PDs are much more experienced Trial attorneys than what the average person can afford. Most private lawyers are either fresh out of law school or former PDs anyway.

The best "private" attorneys do white collar crime. Those are the clients who have the ability to pay. Most people charged with bodies dont got money, or clean money to pay.
This is absolutely terrible advice.
+4   

4 days ago '04        #75
strat 
Props total: 3008 3 K  Slaps total: 597 597
 Mario Chalmers said
This is absolutely terrible advice.
Explain?.... most of the attorneys people think are good are just marketing.... if you are charged with a serious felony, you will get a very experienced PD. Where do you think most top defense attorneys come from? They were ex PDs, thats how you get experience f*ghting death cases etc...

If you have a minor case, save your money, its going to plea out anyway.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  22
Jun 12 - Tax refunds and stimulus checks delayed by identity fraud crossfire
48 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+16online now  11
Article inside Sorry, Bootleggers — The Air Jordan 1 Is Now An Officially Registered..
77 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+40online now  6
this has to be the most run-down neighborhood in Atlanta
131 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-39online now  3
Image(s) inside The Real Mt. Rushmore of Atlanta Hip-Hop