If you get accused of murder, how much does it cost to defend yourself?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+30  33
48 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

4 days ago '06        #26
whammy 
Props total: 12048 12 K  Slaps total: 664 664
 DUCEDUCE said
sh*ts true my moms laid an easy path for me I took the long road.
Don't be too hard on yourself.

Most of us didn't listen to our parents or weren't given the guidance we needed.

Few young people do so.

I mean PJ Washington had a baby with Brittany Renner.

At least we didn't fu*k up that bad.
+6   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 days ago '15        #27
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 43988 43 K  Slaps total: 21103 21 K
Covid brought three court system into the 21st century. There’s no more wasteful court appearances.
+3   

4 days ago '04        #28
collegeboy58 
Props total: 18395 18 K  Slaps total: 994 994
 ether said
Was charged, went to trial, got dismissed and I'm not rich

But it was only DUI
Did you take a breathalyzer?

4 days ago '20        #29
Sail 
Props total: 973 973  Slaps total: 103 103
I had a friend go through this.

Had to max out his credit cards and mortgage his house in the end. Was about $250,000.

The law firm that got him off them processed his bankruptcy claim straight after.

So his credit is fu*ked for the next X years but he’s a free man.
+7   

4 days ago '17        #30
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 46950 46 K  Slaps total: 7302 7 K
 whammy said
Don't be too hard on yourself.

Most of us didn't listen to our parents or weren't given the guidance we needed.

Few young people do so.

I mean PJ Washington had a baby with Brittany Renner.

At least we didn't fu*k up that bad.
The fact you speaking on that man relationship shows you still aint listen

Stay out of other people business
+1   

4 days ago '17        #31
becoolhomie2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 9915 9 K  Slaps total: 3950 3 K
Jail cool

U can get soups

Maybe sneak in a phone to entertain ig with freestyles

4 days ago '06        #32
whammy 
Props total: 12048 12 K  Slaps total: 664 664
 Lite said
The fact you speaking on that man relationship shows you still aint listen

Stay out of other people business
If you were minding your own business you wouldn't be speaking on mine.
+7   

4 days ago '06        #33
bigmike5115 
Props total: 633 633  Slaps total: 261 261
One of the top ones around me is a 40k detainer
+2   

4 days ago '18        #34
Kodack sixnine  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x52
Props total: 59097 59 K  Slaps total: 13245 13 K
 fallguy said
defending yourself in court could cost you your life....
Yup, even if you’re Johnny c*ckran you’re better off letting someone else defend you as you look bad trying to defend yourself

4 days ago '18        #35
Dsammy04 
Props total: 953 953  Slaps total: 80 80
Always think of how the system fu*ked my boy over in that HBO show “Night Of”

You don’t want to go to jail for catching a body over no dumb sh*t my mans was innocent and his story was all fu*ked up.
+2   

4 days ago '18        #36
 90sVibe said
You do know the reason it’s 98% is because no one rarely goes to trial and just takes the 1st offer right ?
They take the offer because when they charge you they have enough evidence on you to fry your a*s
+2   

4 days ago '18        #37
MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
Props total: 4569 4 K  Slaps total: 1277 1 K
 Jo Blow said
i should of listened to moms and became a lawyer smh
Facts smh
+1   

4 days ago '18        #38
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 53798 53 K  Slaps total: 18144 18 K
I like stuff like this. They need to start showing interspecfics of sh*t like this and stop showing just the good rap video flossing. Even though u can put up 10 percent of bail I personally done seen mothers put they house up for collateral and the damage black genocide has done to to black families.

This my homie lil tony..Him and his dad big Tony were both murdered young. Lil Tony lost his life last month at 32 and his dad in his mid 20s about 3 years after lil Tony was born. Ironically lil Tony has a 8 month old baby on the way who won't get to see there farther. All the names smoking on took etc we don't get to see the mothers tears of pain or the scrambling up money for funeral arrangements.

Rip lil tony and big Tony

Please stop the gun violence

+13   

4 days ago '18        #39
 whammy said
This is why gun owners need self defense liability insurance.

You can do everything right but end up f*ghting for your life.
Honestly as a black man having a gun seems dangerous. Even if it’s in self-defense and they break into your home chances are they’ll still charge your a*s
+3   

4 days ago '06        #40
detroitdipset 
Props total: 6153 6 K  Slaps total: 329 329
Shid iono bout murder but a fed CCC/RICO Conspiracy case could allegedly cost $120k n ya still getting some time. Or so Ive heard

4 days ago '16        #41
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 67703 67 K  Slaps total: 4098 4 K
 MrPersonality said
Since hip-hop glorifies k*lling, what do you guys think of this?

From Eisenberglaw.org,

What The Best Criminal Lawyers Charge

The fees for a criminal attorney can run into the thousands of dollars for misdemeanor, and start at $10,000 to $15,000 for a felony. A murder case might cost $100,000 or more. Only after you have a discussion with an attorney and present the facts of your case will he be able to provide an estimate of your potential attorney’s fees.

Criminal defense attorneys can charge by the hour or by a flat fee. While hourly fees are considered more customer friendly, the final amount can be considerable if the case becomes complicated or proceeds to trial. Many attorneys offer a retainer that covers a specific block of time, with the understanding that the fees will increase if the case goes to trial.

Costs and expenses for investigation, research, court filings, travel, etc. are in addition to the fees for the lawyer’s time. Attorneys with a vast amount of experience like Eisenberg Law Offices, S.C. may cost more than other attorneys, but you are paying for over 35 years of experience and a proven winning track record.

I was looking around and the numbers are pretty much the same, state by state, across the country.

I never put the numbers in perspective so I thought I was interesting. Basically if you are accused of murder, and you’re broke, you’re sorta kinda fu*ked.

What y’all think?
His numbers are definitely on point, you'll likely need to retain multiple expert witnesses as well. Most folks drop $30k to $50k on a private attorney just to get dumped on the PD after the prelim.

4 days ago '11        #42
QuietPack 
Props total: 4141 4 K  Slaps total: 613 613
Honestly best thing is take the plea deal. . Lawyers are out to make money so they might talk you into a trail

Top 10 most propped recently  4 days ago '07        #43
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x93
Props total: 222758 222 K  Slaps total: 20254 20 K
 MrPersonality said
Since hip-hop glorifies k*lling, what do you guys think of this?

From Eisenberglaw.org,

What The Best Criminal Lawyers Charge

The fees for a criminal attorney can run into the thousands of dollars for misdemeanor, and start at $10,000 to $15,000 for a felony. A murder case might cost $100,000 or more. Only after you have a discussion with an attorney and present the facts of your case will he be able to provide an estimate of your potential attorney’s fees.

Criminal defense attorneys can charge by the hour or by a flat fee. While hourly fees are considered more customer friendly, the final amount can be considerable if the case becomes complicated or proceeds to trial. Many attorneys offer a retainer that covers a specific block of time, with the understanding that the fees will increase if the case goes to trial.

Costs and expenses for investigation, research, court filings, travel, etc. are in addition to the fees for the lawyer’s time. Attorneys with a vast amount of experience like Eisenberg Law Offices, S.C. may cost more than other attorneys, but you are paying for over 35 years of experience and a proven winning track record.

I was looking around and the numbers are pretty much the same, state by state, across the country.

I never put the numbers in perspective so I thought I was interesting. Basically if you are accused of murder, and you’re broke, you’re sorta kinda fu*ked.

What y’all think?
Dope a*s thread...

+4   

4 days ago '12        #44
Steelgrip 
Props total: 28529 28 K  Slaps total: 1701 1 K
How the hell did he get through all that and find a way to say "poor black woman"

Raised in poverty
Lives in constant fear of death
System set up for him to fail

"Imagine being his mother"

+1   

4 days ago '16        #45
Illogic 
Props total: 13082 13 K  Slaps total: 7666 7 K
 Jo Blow said
i should of listened to moms and became a lawyer smh
Lawyers are like blood pressure pills. Only good for stupid people and their are a lot of stupid people

You can spend thousands to millions on lawyers and still go to jail. You only need blood pressure pills if you too stupid to exercise and stop eating meat

Last edited by Illogic; 06-09-2021 at 06:06 PM..

4 days ago '20        #46
nyctoneworleans  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 7364 7 K  Slaps total: 649 649
IMO with friends and a*sociates, If your not guilty sasorly: I would say a

Minimum of $250,000 - $300,000 low end depending on what state your counsel is in

And if your Guilty or they got alot of sh*t on you
Minimum of $500,00 - $2,0000,000 for retainers fees, and

4 days ago '10        #47
DEAVIS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 12497 12 K  Slaps total: 2144 2 K
 whammy said
Doesn't matter.

You don't listen to her anyway.

+1   

4 days ago '16        #48
Frankie Needles  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 23933 23 K  Slaps total: 6950 6 K

4 days ago '20        #49
Sail 
Props total: 973 973  Slaps total: 103 103
 Sail said
I had a friend go through this.

Had to max out his credit cards and mortgage his house in the end. Was about $250,000.

The law firm that got him off them processed his bankruptcy claim straight after.

So his credit is fu*ked for the next X years but he’s a free man.
Gonna quote myself but fu*k it probably one of the only members that’s actually been close to a case like this.

One of the biggest line item expenses was….. Photocopying and printing. Yep. Other than the lawyers time in court, a massive expense was fu*king photocopying. I can’t remember the exact charge but it was something stupid like $10 a page or something.

These lawyers will get you. They know you’re desperate. But this was the best defence lawyer for this particular case so had to be done.
+5   

4 days ago '15        #50
SSJ4 Goku  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 91018 91 K  Slaps total: 8817 8 K
I'm so happy i had a strict a*s mother, who taught me consequences young. I always used too say, i was afraid of my mother more than NYPD. I remember one day i got caught skipping school, cop sat me in the back of his car & he told me to call my mom. On god, i told him just take me to jail. She always used too say....

"You can rap all that dipstreet (dipset) & 50 if you want too, but if yo a*s end up jail trying to be like them, you staying in there. I ain't bailing out no murder. Idgaf if you are my son. Rent ain't cheap, n*gga."

Mrs.Wright did not play.
+8   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  16
Jun 12 - Tax refunds and stimulus checks delayed by identity fraud crossfire
48 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+16online now  10
Article inside Sorry, Bootleggers — The Air Jordan 1 Is Now An Officially Registered..
77 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  5
Jun 12 - MICHIGAN MAN WINS $30K IN LOTTERY, BUYS $20K GOLD CHAIN, GETS ROBBED
49 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+20online now  3
Big cap space