If you get accused of murder, how much does it cost to defend yourself?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 week ago '18        #1
5085 page views
140 comments

MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5106 5 K  Slaps total: 1382 1 K
If you get accused of murder, how much does it cost to defend yourself?

Since hip-hop glorifies k*lling, what do you guys think of this?

From Eisenberglaw.org,

What The Best Criminal Lawyers Charge

The fees for a criminal attorney can run into the thousands of dollars for misdemeanor, and start at $10,000 to $15,000 for a felony. A murder case might cost $100,000 or more. Only after you have a discussion with an attorney and present the facts of your case will he be able to provide an estimate of your potential attorney’s fees.

Criminal defense attorneys can charge by the hour or by a flat fee. While hourly fees are considered more customer friendly, the final amount can be considerable if the case becomes complicated or proceeds to trial. Many attorneys offer a retainer that covers a specific block of time, with the understanding that the fees will increase if the case goes to trial.

Costs and expenses for investigation, research, court filings, travel, etc. are in addition to the fees for the lawyer’s time. Attorneys with a vast amount of experience like Eisenberg Law Offices, S.C. may cost more than other attorneys, but you are paying for over 35 years of experience and a proven winning track record.

I was looking around and the numbers are pretty much the same, state by state, across the country.

I never put the numbers in perspective so I thought I was interesting. Basically if you are accused of murder, and you’re broke, you’re sorta kinda fu*ked.

What y’all think?
+74   

best
worst
140 comments

1 week ago '18        #2
shells49 
Props total: 138 138  Slaps total: 14 14
in some cases millions if you got it. look bat the oj trial they paid millions to hire "experts" to present their "professional opinion" to discredit some of the evidence against him. it really depends on who you are if you have million sto spend them skys the limit but if you are broke.....wellll good luck. the justice system favors those with money the more money you have the better defense you put put up.

of course NONE of that matters in the federal system. conviction rate is like 98% lol its rare for anyone to beat a fed case they just let you dig a huge hole then indict you and its GAME OVER.
+28   

1 week ago '06        #3
fallguy 
Props total: 3148 3 K  Slaps total: 68 68
defending yourself in court could cost you your life....
+40   

1 week ago '20        #4
D0llarB1ll 
Props total: 1031 1 K  Slaps total: 116 116
Good info though I doubt anyone stops to think “can i pay to defend myself” before they pull the trigger. Lol
+30   

1 week ago '15        #5
Ace dealer 
Props total: 36301 36 K  Slaps total: 2375 2 K
 D0llarB1ll said
Good info though I doubt anyone stops to think “can i pay to defend myself” before they pull the trigger. Lol
Problem is too many muthafu*kas got that wish a muthafu*ka would attitude and these youngsters glorify the ignorant opp sh*t

And 99% of em broke as sh*t and ain’t got a chance at f*ghting a case.....

Being black, u can be completely in the right and they hitting your a*s with the highest charges and highest bail out the gate....
+30   

1 week ago '12        #6
Jo Blow 
Props total: 7050 7 K  Slaps total: 1024 1 K
i should of listened to moms and became a lawyer smh
+38   

1 week ago '16        #7
Alaskan 
Props total: 8456 8 K  Slaps total: 353 353

Rappers buy designer pieces and take the designer charges to match
+25   

1 week ago '17        #8
Sonysony  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6614 6 K  Slaps total: 741 741
 shells49 said
in some cases millions if you got it. look bat the oj trial they paid millions to hire "experts" to present their "professional opinion" to discredit some of the evidence against him. it really depends on who you are if you have million sto spend them skys the limit but if you are broke.....wellll good luck. the justice system favors those with money the more money you have the better defense you put put up.

of course NONE of that matters in the federal system. conviction rate is like 98% lol its rare for anyone to beat a fed case they just let you dig a huge hole then indict you and its GAME OVER.
Feds will rarely pick up a state murder charge for that reason...unless it’s open n shut case, but most state charges aren’t like that at all just a bunch of circumstantial bullsh*t...
+4   

1 week ago '06        #9
whammy 
Props total: 12465 12 K  Slaps total: 780 780
 Jo Blow said
Or become a bailbondsman.
+12   

1 week ago '12        #10
Jo Blow 
Props total: 7050 7 K  Slaps total: 1024 1 K
 whammy said
Moms never told me that
+24   

1 week ago '16        #11
alejandrugas 
Props total: 4297 4 K  Slaps total: 223 223
Defense attorneys are where the money is because the guilty will pay anything. There’s no money in being innocent
+16   

1 week ago '06        #12
whammy 
 Jo Blow said
Moms never told me that
Doesn't matter.

You don't listen to her anyway.
+62   

1 week ago '06        #13
Malcolm  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 12257 12 K  Slaps total: 1189 1 K
 Jo Blow said
 whammy said
 Jo Blow said
Moms never told me that
 whammy said
Doesn't matter.

+59   

1 week ago '17        #14
myPOWER 
Props total: 8803 8 K  Slaps total: 5133 5 K
 shells49 said

It’s not the justice system. It’s the economic system we are in.

More money = better defense/arguments

The justice system favors defense (innocent until proven guilty)

Capitalism.

Stay in school kids. lol
+8   

1 week ago '16        #15
90sVibe 
Props total: 7212 7 K  Slaps total: 1135 1 K
 shells49 said

You do know the reason it’s 98% is because no one rarely goes to trial and just takes the 1st offer right ?
+3   

1 week ago '04        #16
Tic Toc 
Props total: 9940 9 K  Slaps total: 831 831
 Jo Blow said
Moms never told me that
 whammy said
Doesn't matter.

+25   

1 week ago '17        #17
KingJaffeO 
Props total: 2768 2 K  Slaps total: 529 529
All that logic is out the window in the heat of the moment
+9   

1 week ago '13        #18
recreal 
Props total: 2704 2 K  Slaps total: 184 184
Chains is cool to cop, but more important is lawyer fees
+19   

1 week ago '20        #19
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 29306 29 K  Slaps total: 10166 10 K
That bail sh*t is cap...
Typically n*ggas with no prior record can get 75 to 150k murder bonds and get out on 6 percent of that .

The vt lb just posted a 75k murder bond and only paid 4500
+6   

1 week ago '06        #20
whammy 
This is why gun owners need self defense liability insurance.

You can do everything right but end up f*ghting for your life.
+22   

1 week ago '15        #21
Ace dealer 
 Tweezy12 said
That bail sh*t is cap...
Typically n*ggas with no prior record can get 75 to 150k murder bonds and get out on 6 percent of that .

Shidddd.....don’t know where u live
+4   

1 week ago '15        #22
Ace dealer 
 whammy said
This is why gun owners need self defense liability insurance.

You can do everything right but end up f*ghting for your life.
This.......

At least u get an automatic lawyer 24-7.... and u ain’t coming outa pocket 15-20K out the gate
+5   

1 week ago '18        #23
ether  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 12886 12 K  Slaps total: 9870 9 K
 shells49 said

Was charged, went to trial, got dismissed and I'm not rich

But it was only DUI
+2   

1 week ago '06        #24
whammy 
 Tweezy12 said
That bail sh*t is cap...

Different states can have different policies.

We live in a country where most people would struggle to come up with a thousand dollars.

Imagine a mother has to come up with $10,000 for a $100,000 bond for her son.

She's going to sign her house over.
+7   

1 week ago '18        #25
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 59439 59 K  Slaps total: 4754 4 K
 whammy said
Doesn't matter.

sh*ts true my moms laid an easy path for me I took the long road.
+5   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+552online now  32
Announcer ready to risk it all after seeing chick in the stands
263 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  20
Article inside AMC is squeezing
70 comments
23 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+22online now  16
Image(s) inside Gucci Mane - Ice Daddy tracklist
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+16online now  14
Image(s) inside Jun 17 - Man shoots & drags thief body behind truck for stealing catal..
123 comments
23 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy