R. Kelly's Lawyers QUIT + say "it's impossible" to "properly represent him"

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 week ago '18        #1
3821 page views
159 comments

Made In Italy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 9186 9 K  Slaps total: 3454 3 K
R. Kelly's Lawyers QUIT + say "it's impossible" to "properly represent him"

Yo Boxden . . .

I better not see nobody screamin Free R.Kelly.
You know its bad when ya lawyers quit talkin bout i cant do it.

Oh by the way they gonna abuse the sh!t outta him when they move him M.D.C [which is a wild azz jail in New York City for those of ya'll that dont know]

-------------------------------

Two of R. Kelly's attorneys have requested to withdraw from the star's counsel.

Mike Leonardo and Steven Greenberg confirmed to Fox News on Monday that they have asked a New York judge to allow them to step aside in the case.

In a letter obtained by the Chicago Sun-Times written by Greenberg to Judge Ann Donnelly, the Chicago-based attorney said that should the court deem it fit, he and Leonardo would stand "as effective stand-by counsel."

"While we recognize that this request comes close to trial – and we are ready to proceed to trial as scheduled in August – our reasons for withdrawal are significant and it is impossible, in our belief, for us to be able to continue to properly represent Mr. Kelly under the current circumstances," he said.

"The government was advised of our position and reasons in a phone call," Greenberg continued. "We are requesting that the court set our request for hearing."

"Ultimately, as trial lawyers and in the interests of the client, we weren’t comfortable professionally with allowing lawyers who have never tried federal criminal cases to have significant trial responsibilities," the attorney told the Sun-Times. "That approach was not to everyone’s liking."

Echoed Leonard: "Ultimately, as trial lawyers and in the interests of the client, we were only comfortable professionally with giving significant trial responsibilities to those who have substantial federal criminal jury trial experience. We wish Mr. Kelly nothing but the greatest success."

The exact reasons for the lawyers' request are currently unclear, imageimageimage
I WONDER WHY ? Ahah

"They are trying so hard to get #Rkelly that they are using a 60 year old law that has never been used before, against anyone," he tweeted last week.

Prosecutors in Brooklyn allege Kelly led an enterprise made up of his managers, bodyguards and other employees who helped him recruit women and girls for s*x. A jury is expected to hear testimony from alleged victims, each identified in court papers only as "Jane Doe."

Born Robert Sylvester Kelly, the three-time Grammy Award-winner has pleaded not guilty to multiple federal and state charges, including child s*xual exploitation, child pr0nography production, kidnapping, forced labor, racketeering and obstruction of justice.

Three alleged accomplices have been charged by prosecutors and are accused of threatening and intimidating people that have accused Kelly of committing crimes.

In April, U.S. District Judge Ann Donnelly gave the green light to move the star from Chicago to New York ahead of his August trial.

The exact timing of the move was not immediately clear, but the singer will be relocated to the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn.

-----------------------------------------------

Last edited by Made In Italy; 06-08-2021 at 04:45 AM..
+10   

best
worst
159 comments

1 week ago '07        #2
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 56858 56 K  Slaps total: 6306 6 K
Dont drop the soap
+2   

1 week ago '11        #3
Inspires  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 43050 43 K  Slaps total: 3388 3 K
he going to the big boy jail and do jail things
+6   

1 week ago '18        #4
Made In Italy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21 OP
Here's the Latin King who already beat up R.Kelly when he was locked up wit him in Chicago.

Jeremiah Shane Farmer, 39, wrote that “the government made me attack” R. Kelly and that he did so “in hopes of getting spotlight attention and world news notice to shed light on” alleged government corruption.

Steve Greenberg, one of Kelly’s defense lawyers, confirmed to the Chicago Sun-Times that Farmer is the detainee alleged to have attacked Kelly. Kelly had been attacked by a fellow detainee who has the phrase “Fu** The Feds” tattooed on his face.

+16   

1 week ago '13        #5
Commission 
Props total: 92131 92 K  Slaps total: 15553 15 K
Free the king of R&B
+8   

1 week ago '18        #6
 Inspires said
he going to the big boy jail and do jail things
Not just any things. BIG boy things !
+3   

1 week ago '18        #7
 Commission said
Free the king of R&B
find me a website selling Free RKelly shirts.
I'll buy you one so u could get beat up in public.

1 week ago '04        #8
gimmethat 
Props total: 9144 9 K  Slaps total: 1044 1 K
i´ll never understand how you can lock up someone for 2 + years ,break him and his accomplices mentally then offer deals left and right ,build/construct your case to convict the main guy ...and think this is justice

R kelly will get whatever he deserves but i just wonder about justice system sometimes
+39   

1 week ago '21        #9
lyfegoals  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1634 1 K  Slaps total: 836 836
Go ahead and get the rest of them too.... Least r. Kelly made classics for me in the process these other pedos aint give the world sh*t but a creepy story!!!!!!
+10   

1 week ago '21        #10
lyfegoals  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1634 1 K  Slaps total: 836 836
 Made In Italy said
find me a website selling Free RKelly shirts.
I'll buy you one so u could get beat up in public.
Bet i wear a free r. Kelly shirt all around this bi*ch and not one bi*ch a*s n*gga put a finger on me guaranteed
+24   

1 week ago '15        #11
METABaron 
Props total: 5661 5 K  Slaps total: 1420 1 K
Someone from this site with daughters will take up the case.

1 week ago '18        #12
Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x90
Props total: 113976 113 K  Slaps total: 5227 5 K
LMFAO, for real.

Sincere730 said
Dont drop the soap

1 week ago '18        #13
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 55813 55 K  Slaps total: 13444 13 K
Odds are its 100% cause of Kelly's delusional expectations like he dont have recorded evidence against him....
+10   

1 week ago '13        #14
Mr K  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 26481 26 K  Slaps total: 4735 4 K
Dude in jail like they already found him guilty of all counts. Say what you want about him but he was definitely purposely targeted, even when he was released it didn't even matter. All while his white counterparts who are real pedophiles get to destroy more lives

By the way I don't know too many predators who pay their "victims" and their parents and the families for years like R.kelly did
+23   

1 week ago '07        #15
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30624 30 K  Slaps total: 14639 14 K
 Proffesor X said
Odds are its 100% cause of Kelly's delusional expectations like he dont have recorded evidence against him....
U didn't even read it.

The truth is the system trying to screw him and between the other counselors and the law it's becoming clear he is being screwed.
+3   

1 week ago '07        #16
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30624 30 K  Slaps total: 14639 14 K
It's sad because black people are supporting this sh*t too.

Based on the charges if RKelly is up there the parents should be his co-defendants.

Last edited by Cambury; 06-08-2021 at 11:58 AM..
+5   

1 week ago '18        #17
 Cambury said
Hes not on trial for that jackass.

And by ya definition aren't you spreading child pr0n right now?
What are the allegations?

Prosecutors in Cook County announced the aggravated criminal s*xual abuse charges, involving four victims, on Friday.
R Kelly at New York Fashion Week 2016image copyrightGetty Images
image captionThe singer is known for songs such as Ignition and I Believe I Can Fly

They say they took place between 1998 and 2010. Documents say at least three of the victims were aged between 13 and 16 at the time of their reported a*saults.

Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx said he could face a maximum of seven years in prison for each count.

A no-bail arrest warrant has been issued for Kelly.

Mr Greenberg, his lawyer, told AP that he had offered to sit down with prosecutors before the filing to describe "why these charges are baseless" but said they refused.

How did the charges come about?

Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx had urged women to come forward after the documentary series aired.

History of allegations against R Kelly
R Kelly's daughter: He's a monster

Lawyer Michael Avenatti has said he is representing six people, including two alleged victims, making allegations against Kelly. At least one of the victims is included in Friday's indictment, he said.
R Kelly arriving in court in 2008image copyrightGetty Images
image captionKelly was previously acquitted of child pr0nography charges in 2008

Mr Avenatti came forward last week to say he had uncovered and handed over previously unreleased footage showing Kelly engaging in s*x with an underage girl to prosecutors.

The lawyer says the 40-minute tape, believed to be shot in 1999, shows him having s*xual intercourse and engaging in other s*xual and lewd acts with a 14-year-old. He has alleged both Kelly and the girl "repeatedly" reference her age as being 14 in the video.

Kelly was previously acquitted over another video tape of a similar nature in 2008.
----------------------------------------------
Read that sh*t and be quiet breh. There is no excuse for this. And the woman in that pic is of age(at least I believe she was) , the fact you at least believed it to be a minor shows me you have enough sense to know right from wrong, but you're still in here trying to grey out areas.

Last edited by Proffesor X; 06-08-2021 at 06:45 AM..
+3   

1 week ago '11        #18
greedy87 
Props total: 12621 12 K  Slaps total: 3943 3 K
Imagine tryna defend R Kelly. These be the same dudes on here screaming in every thread, how women are lying about being r*ped/ s*xually a*saulted smh.
+13   

1 week ago '13        #19
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 71730 71 K  Slaps total: 28971 28 K
fu*k
+2   

1 week ago '12        #20
Frankybaby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23847 23 K  Slaps total: 4309 4 K
This situation is so convoluted now I think if he still had money to afford the best lawyers he still wouldn't win
+2   

1 week ago '18        #21
 greedy87 said
Imagine tryna defend R Kelly. These be the same dudes on here screaming in every thread, how women are lying about being r*ped/ s*xually a*saulted smh.
Also the same ones who believe that a majority of homos*xual men are pedophiles or were touched at some point. Just to be rationalizing pedophilia to defend an undisputed pedophile

1 week ago '21        #22
Marrero 
Props total: 279 279  Slaps total: 148 148
 Made In Italy said
Here's the Latin King who already beat up R.Kelly when he was locked up wit him in Chicago.

Jeremiah Shane Farmer, 39, wrote that “the government made me attack” R. Kelly and that he did so “in hopes of getting spotlight attention and world news notice to shed light on” alleged government corruption.

Steve Greenberg, one of Kelly’s defense lawyers, confirmed to the Chicago Sun-Times that Farmer is the detainee alleged to have attacked Kelly. Kelly had been attacked by a fellow detainee who has the phrase “Fu** The Feds” tattooed on his face.

They made him beat RKelly up. He didn’t wanna do it. I don’t know if you caught that part.
+3   

1 week ago '04        #23
NahLij  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 36560 36 K  Slaps total: 2410 2 K
They aren't stepping down because they know he's guilty. They are stepping down because they don't have federal trial experience and don't feel they can defend him properly.

"Ultimately, as trial lawyers and in the interests of the client, we weren’t comfortable professionally with allowing lawyers who have never tried federal criminal cases to have significant trial responsibilities,"

Now is he guilty? I think so, so there's no sympathy. But all that should be taken as the reason is the reason given. a*sumptions are just dumb.
+5   

1 week ago '10        #24
Trilluminati GA 
Props total: 31434 31 K  Slaps total: 1302 1 K
fu*k that evil azz n*gga mane
+6   

1 week ago '04        #25
Kadroan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 31595 31 K  Slaps total: 4599 4 K
 Frankybaby said
This situation is so convoluted now I think if he still had money to afford the best lawyers he still wouldn't win
I think he still has money just in different accounts under different names but no prominent lawyers want to touch it.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+552online now  31
Announcer ready to risk it all after seeing chick in the stands
263 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+16online now  22
Image(s) inside Jun 17 - Man shoots & drags thief body behind truck for stealing catal..
123 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  13
Article inside AMC is squeezing
70 comments
23 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+22online now  12
Image(s) inside Gucci Mane - Ice Daddy tracklist