ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+26  50
40 replies  @sports

most viewed right now
+26  24
31 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

4 days ago '17        #1
543 page views
18 comments

Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 165872 165 K  Slaps total: 11502 11 K
8 Times Dilla Changed the Meaning of A Sample

+23   

best
worst
18 comments

4 days ago '19        #2
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 27652 27 K  Slaps total: 3445 3 K
Pure genius and artistry...RIP man...gone so soon...

"you are just a living doll"

to

"believe in god"

+6   

4 days ago '17        #3
DaQCKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 89161 89 K  Slaps total: 3733 3 K
Dilla birthed countless producers from 9th to Kanye. Truly a legend and doesn't get talked about enough when the convo of greatest get brought up.

Like a week or so ago

+3   

4 days ago '17        #4
Almighty HA 
Props total: 20284 20 K  Slaps total: 956 956
Dilla is top 5 producers ever imo. But some of these weren't really manipulated by Dilla, more so the artist flipping the words of the sample. His way of chopping samples and changing the actual mood/rhythm, minimal style is the best part of Dilla. Producers nowadays over-produce to me and actually outshine the artist. Dilla left a space in his beats for the artist to do his/her thing.
+5   

4 days ago '04        #5
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 24099 24 K  Slaps total: 2004 2 K
The ummah was the sh*t...

Iykyk
+6   

4 days ago '18        #6
Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x90
Props total: 113731 113 K  Slaps total: 5223 5 K
That Pharcyde change up was dope, as was the Jada one.
+1   

4 days ago '05        #7
ondareal 
Props total: 4754 4 K  Slaps total: 448 448
i woulda bet my bottom dollar the background on "fine my way" was sayin the same sh*t as phife dawg
+2   

4 days ago '11        #8
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 44693 44 K  Slaps total: 4378 4 K
this popped in my recommendations abt a month ago... Dilla was just different!

4 days ago '17        #9
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19 OP
 Bklynzfinest said
Pure genius and artistry...RIP man...gone so soon...

"you are just a living doll"

to

"believe in god"

Raekwon blessed the track with a dope story about ODB.

+2   

4 days ago '17        #10
 NAKHI ALLAH said
The ummah was the sh*t...

Iykyk
You know I know.

If I could just be a fly on the wall in their studio sessions.
+1   

3 days ago '16        #11
GillyGillzGiles 
Props total: 2668 2 K  Slaps total: 1145 1 K
 Naga Sadow said

Dilla Dawg RIP

3 days ago '16        #12
GillyGillzGiles 
 Almighty HA said
Dilla is top 5 producers ever imo. But some of these weren't really manipulated by Dilla, more so the artist flipping the words of the sample. His way of chopping samples and changing the actual mood/rhythm, minimal style is the best part of Dilla. Producers nowadays over-produce to me and actually outshine the artist. Dilla left a space in his beats for the artist to do his/her thing.
The last beat he ever did was deep. Sounded like somebody losing breath smh Iíll never forget the day he died, i woke up and something said go to allhiphop.com, loaded it up and first story was J Dilla passed away. One of my influences in Art period J Dilla was the man
+2   

3 days ago '17        #13
Almighty HA 
Props total: 20284 20 K  Slaps total: 956 956
 GillyGillzGiles said
The last beat he ever did was deep. Sounded like somebody losing breath smh Iíll never forget the day he died, i woke up and something said go to allhiphop.com, loaded it up and first story was J Dilla passed away. One of my influences in Art period J Dilla was the man
Exactly.

Dilla was a producer, not no beat maker or "type" beat producing cat. He was hip-hop music period.
+2   

3 days ago '17        #14
 GillyGillzGiles said
I remember going to one of his last concerts. He was in a wheel and covered from head to toe in heavy clothing. It was sad to see and I wish I never went. My brother's friend is in the music biz and is very close with Ma Dukes. She would always go to his show if he was around. I went to visit my brother and dude came around. My brother told him I was obsessed with Dilla so he gave me this burned DVD completely full of Dilla track. Tons of unmixed raw beats too. I have that joint locked away for safe keeping.

3 days ago '16        #15
GillyGillzGiles 
 Naga Sadow said
I remember going to one of his last concerts. He was in a wheel and covered from head to toe in heavy clothing. It was sad to see and I wish I never went. My brother's friend is in the music biz and is very close with Ma Dukes. She would always go to his show if he was around. I went to visit my brother and dude came around. My brother told him I was obsessed with Dilla so he gave me this burned DVD completely full of Dilla track. Tons of unmixed raw beats too. I have that joint locked away for safe keeping.
Classic bro, i have a dvd with one of his last performances in a wheel chair, he was also talkin bout Lil Kim and how she picked him up from the air port, i was addicted. I found most of the beats cats was using on they albums years before the song came out like the Raekwon beat on Cuban link 2, it became a sport to try and find them unreleased Dilla beat tapes. man to this day i miss his sound
+1   

3 days ago '15        #16
JRob1125 
Props total: 22452 22 K  Slaps total: 2201 2 K
I love Find a Way so much....it gotta be one of tge most overlooked singles of the 90s

3 days ago '17        #17
 GillyGillzGiles said
Classic bro, i have a dvd with one of his last performances in a wheel chair, he was also talkin bout Lil Kim and how she picked him up from the air port, i was addicted. I found most of the beats cats was using on they albums years before the song came out like the Raekwon beat on Cuban link 2, it became a sport to try and find them unreleased Dilla beat tapes. man to this day i miss his sound
Rae, Ghost, and many other cats. Glad to see they're still keeping Dilla's legacy alive though.

3 days ago '04        #18
ddash 
Props total: 37696 37 K  Slaps total: 2691 2 K
Yea gone way to soon smh

Was really on his way and putting out some FIRE a*s PROJECTS.crazy how much he did from the hospital and while sick

smh

3 days ago '04        #19
Veno da Don 
Props total: 15243 15 K  Slaps total: 1804 1 K
Born in the home of soul music. Carried on tradition. Legendary. Dilla 4ever...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  15
Jun 12 - Tax refunds and stimulus checks delayed by identity fraud crossfire
48 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+16online now  12
Article inside Sorry, Bootleggers ó The Air Jordan 1 Is Now An Officially Registered..
76 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+39online now  11
this has to be the most run-down neighborhood in Atlanta
130 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+95online now  3
Iím Legit Disgusted: New 2pac ďPride MonthĒ Merch