UFC 151 Canceled: Dan Henderson Injured, Jones Turns Down Sonnen As replacement

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
62 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
102 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #241
xslick504 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,844 | Props total: 1634 1634
n*ggas acting like Sonnen was the first one called when Hendo dropped...... he the only n*gga with the balls to get in there on 8 days notice that's all......

and he'd give Jones his paycheck. Bones could easily derail the LHW version of Sonnen hype with this f!ght. Dude has no time to do anything but try and make weight which aint a good look for any f!ghter.

but @ the same time he has the right so

either way Chael wins cause he buried Jones on ESPN. Dana will give him 2 pushover f!ghts and he'll have a shot by late next summer anyway. Don't mean he'll win , but he'll have a better chance too at least.

Last edited by xslick504; 08-24-2012 at 10:54 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #242
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
Sonnen KNOWS he has nothin to lose in this situation thats why he not trippin off f!ghting. Cmon 3 title shots in 2 years???? The way UFC does things is so a.ss backwards sometimes.
 5 years ago '08        #243
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,408 | Props total: 422 422
 Mumbles253 said:
noooooo bro a f!ght where the champ might not win sells WAY more then a f!ght everyone knows who will win. He put GSP an Silva against each other so fans can see one loose same with pac man an mayweather people wanna see the unbeatable loose a f!ght. When i say people i mean cats who watch mma not for the love of the sport but to see someone get there head beat in ya know. Fans watch for the sport PEOPLE watch whats hot an most PEOPLE watch to see someone loose not so much as someone winning. theres plenty people who watch an dont know sh*t about mma actually a lot of em. you shouldnt have commented
This is the wrong board to talk MMA
 5 years ago '10        #244
stv18 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,622 | Props total: 101 101
Rua turned down Jones as well
 5 years ago '04        #245
R.O.B 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
$650 | Props total: 111 111
Sonnen took the f!ght with 8 days notice because he had nothing to lose, everything to gain. Even when he loses he wins...he just LOST to Anderson, and he WON a title shot in a heavier division. Where they do that at? the UFC that's where...

Jones has the LHW Title, UFC Sponsorship, and brand new Nike Sponsorship possibly on the line... on 8 days notice.
 5 years ago '04        #246
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,767 | Props total: 1085 1085
 R.O.B said:
Sonnen took the f!ght with 8 days notice because he had nothing to lose, everything to gain. Even when he loses he wins...he just LOST to Anderson, and he WON a title shot in a heavier division. Where they do that at? the UFC that's where...

Jones has the LHW Title, UFC Sponsorship, and brand new Nike Sponsorship possibly on the line... on 8 days notice.
Finally! Some intelligence and not just that stupid Dana White talk about f!ghters f!ght and being scared. You think any other champion would risk losing their championship with hardly any time to prepare for the love of the sport? Fuggouttahere!
 5 years ago '09        #247
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,024 | Props total: 22358 22358

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #248
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12559 12559
I'm not a big UFC fan but reading that article it's clear to see why Dana is sh*tting on Bones.

White is pissed only because he's losing a sh*t load of money if Jones does not f!ght at that venue. Massive hit in PPV sales, and a delay on one of their, if not there top money makers in PPV's for the UFC. Dana treats his f!ghters like slaves, and he doesn't give a fu*k how much time you have to prepare as long as you get your a.ss in that ring and push his UFC product.

Jones on the other hand, is a smart professional, who's not about to risk endorsement money and his hot buzz with just 8 days to prepare for a new game plan against another f!ghter. Clearly Jones has smart advisers, who are looking out for HIS best interest, not the interest of Dana White, who'll throw you by the waste side in a second.

How can you be mad at Jones for refusing this sh*t?
 5 years ago '05        #249
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 1487 1487
fu*k sonnen why would jones f!ght this guy? He doesnt deserve another title shot. Dana should of had a decent under cards he wouldnt of had to scrap 151.
 5 years ago '05        #250
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,379 | Props total: 8057 8057
i stand behind jones
[pic - click to view]

fu*k everbody who dont
 5 years ago '09        #251
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,712 | Props total: 6209 6209
 Tikyle2 said:
You due realize Sonnen (and Frank Mir, Brock Lesnar) are the only UFC f!ghters who can lose continuously and still keep getting title shots out the a.ss. Ask Gray Maynard or the Diaz brothers or Shane Carwin or Rampage or even Machida how long it takes to get another title shot after they lose a f!ght to the champ of their division?
Well all the other cowards at 205 that were offered turned it down before Sonnen was asked, sonnen was probably 4th or 5th choice. Nearly every f!ghter will have to f!ght others on short notice, Bisping and Chael was made a week beforehand. Mr "i will f!ght anybody" is full of fu*king sh*t and i hope that donkey Belfort beats him

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 08-24-2012 at 02:58 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #252
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,826 | Props total: 1322 1322
 #TheReturn said:
I'm not a big UFC fan but reading that article it's clear to see why Dana is sh*tting on Bones.

White is pissed only because he's losing a sh*t load of money if Jones does not f!ght at that venue. Massive hit in PPV sales, and a delay on one of their, if not there top money makers in PPV's for the UFC. Dana treats his f!ghters like slaves, and he doesn't give a fu*k how much time you have to prepare as long as you get your a.ss in that ring and push his UFC product.

Jones on the other hand, is a smart professional, who's not about to risk endorsement money and his hot buzz with just 8 days to prepare for a new game plan against another f!ghter. Clearly Jones has smart advisers, who are looking out for HIS best interest, not the interest of Dana White, who'll throw you by the waste side in a second.

How can you be mad at Jones for refusing this sh*t?
It might look bad on Dana White when he throws a fit like he did yesterday, but Dana probably feels so strongly about this kind of thing because he rewards f!ghters who take risky f!ghts to save the company's a.ss... He also just likes fearless guys, he knows those guys will always draw fans...

And i think outside of anyone who stood to make money off of UFC 151, no one is mad at Jones... They're just wondering where the risk was on Jones's side. He had a lot more to gain from taking the f!ght, and he's already lost a lot by not doing so.
 08-24-2012, 03:32 PM         #253
bbrossy313  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kinda wack I would applaud him if he waited for Henderson to get healthy to have the f!ght
but hes going to f!ght a loser 19days later now thats weak the champ should either
1. wait for the injured opponent to be ready

or

2. take whatever challenger wants to step up to him

its not like either will beat him anyway
 5 years ago '05        #254
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
I swear some of you are remedial.

BEFORE COMMENTING READ THE fu*kING ARTICLE. They didn't "give" Chael a championship f!ght. He was the ONLY ONE TO ACCEPT the f!ght. Others declined to f!ght Jones. THE ONLY REASON CHAEL WAS GOING TO f!ght JONES IS BECAUSE OTHERS DECLINED TO DO SO.

Stop with the, "UFC gives title shots to Chael blah blah" ya fu*king retards. Bunch of illiterate pieces of sh*t on this forum.

5 years ago '05        #255
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
whats done is done...next event
 5 years ago '08        #256
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,408 | Props total: 422 422
 I'm The Dan said:
I swear some of you are remedial.

BEFORE COMMENTING READ THE fu*kING ARTICLE. They didn't "give" Chael a championship f!ght. He was the ONLY ONE TO ACCEPT the f!ght. Others declined to f!ght Jones. THE ONLY REASON CHAEL WAS GOING TO f!ght JONES IS BECAUSE OTHERS DECLINED TO DO SO.

Stop with the, "UFC gives title shots to Chael blah blah" ya fu*king retards. Bunch of illiterate pieces of sh*t on this forum.

Exactly!!

I know a lot of you are new to the sport but you are not new to reading comprehension.
Unless...........
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy