first how am I hating her...history repeats
1. wrong a.ssumption..white or black...she made a video doin the cookin dance
2. not a huge lupe fan..and your business skills dictate how much control you have so not every rapper has changed( there are also more than just major labels)
3. maybe I aint hear it, and really dont care to hunt for it...but people have already said she said it in songs...just not the gucci song... she also said every one in her area use it like that..in court this would be used against her
4. Black groups who chose to be black specific I guess black star for example were made to in essence of being the originators of this culture...and more power to her if she wants to exclude the races that created hip hop...caucasians can do what they want, but if you are the white girl mob which Im sure they called to empower white female rappers...why would you expect different races people to instantly feel this isht
lastly you have written that you are makin a.ssumptions and in your last sentence accuse others of a.ssumin..part of the game is that?
why on earth do I need to prove to anyone what I think
1. so because she's doing the "cookin dance" in a video we are going to attribute her whole style/creative direction to Lil B ??? okay *scratches head * , that doesn't make sense to me or maybe you just need to find a way to explain it better/ pick another point.
2. I know there's more than Major labels but guess what? you were talking about how SHE would change based on her label situation and guess what? SHE's on a Major. So any talk about some indie rapper is irrelevant to that discussion. Nas, Jay-Z, Eminem, all have to bend their artistic direction somewhat to their labels, but either way this girl has already established a huge buzz and small fan base before the labels laid hands on her, we can't say the same for 90% of rappers on a major.
3. I've never heard it in a song, you've never heard it in a song, she said in the AHH interview that she's never said it in a song, forget what ppl say, give me some evidence or it doesn't exist.
4. You obviously didn't read my original post, white girl mob was the name of her group, which happens to be 3 white girls, the phrase wasn't coined for a "movement" purpose, but she said black girls, asian girls, and hispanic girls were all hitting her up on twitter like " hey im not white but can I be apart of white girl mob ? " so that's why she said she started "girl gang" to be all inclusive, that pretty much shuts down any "supremacy/exclusionary" theory you have against her.
if your a.ssumption comment is referring to point #1 then I thought you would realize A. it was meant to be semi-sarcastic, B. It was in reference to your vague criticism since I didn't fully understand where it was coming from since it is YOUR opinion, but when I accuse you of ignorantly a.ssuming it's because alot of the information you would benefit from is actually readily available aside from some of your other points that can't be answered at this moment by either of us.
like I said alot of the answers to your criticism are out there if you would just watch a couple clips but you seem to dislike this girl so strongly that you'll let your bias feed off what you've "heard" and seem to just run with it.
and you dont have to prove to anyone what you think, but I dont see why you would even bother engaging in debate/offering you opinion if you're not willing to attempt to validate your thought process to be taken seriously, I thought we all learned this was an essential part of communication back in like 3rd grade???
I just showed you the cover of Gagas first official single release. And you ignored it and still went on to make a point thats just wrong, lol. Of course her handlers/creators are going to say "THIS IS WHO SHE IS, THIS IS WHAT SHE REPRESENTS" and blah blah blah...WHY WOULD THEY SAY SHE WAS ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT THEYRE SELLING HER AS. You cant be that fu*king stupid.
The worst fool is one who chooses to be blind, I'd rather you be blind out of pure ignorance rather than choice. As far as your 3rd point.....We can look at the history of music, and the direction its going to predict what will happen.....When has that not been the case?! Why would this be any difference. Do you think they would have given her this blockbuster deal if they didnt believe they could mold her into the product they forsee in her near and long term future...The most basic rules of investing state invest in what you could see this object become, NOT what it already is.......
That single you posted came out in 06" when she was in a band and NOT signed to interscope, like almost every artist in the mainstream she went through various style changes as a aspiring artist, everyone does. The whole "Gaga" look and sound was something she created while she was unsigned with no A&R in her ear, while she was still struggling to get a deal Akon met her , by that time she was already Gaga wearing the crazy outfits and writing pop hooks for other artists. Her style and talent is what made Akon sign her. You're acting like she came into the Interscope offices as Stefani Germanotta a brunette alternative emo piano playing chick who then was put into a lab and turned into Gaga by Iovine's sole inspiration. Shyt just didn't go down that way, do your research.
and if you think every artist is "molded" a point that I'm not arguing with, then what's your huge criticism with her potentially undergoing that process if you feel every other artist does? and if you feel every other artist doesn't then you're just a.ssuming and I'm not gonna sit here and argue against your a.ssumptions and predictions of future events. The main point is that she created a buzz and got signed off a piece of art that wasn't made under the roof of a major label. So just like with the Gaga example she's already someone who is creating a buzz with a style that is for the most part her own creation.