Mar 14 - LIVE: Senate Vote To Block trump "Emergency" Declaration

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '12        #26
OldBusiness 176 heat pts176
space
space
$28,669 | Props total: 48178 48178
 Skateboard T said
Yeah that's not as certain to happen as you seem to think.
 Bandito said
That was the point.

Now that the House and Senate are on record. trump is fully exposed as declaring a national emergency for no reason. This will be exhibit A in any legal proceedings.
Dan Coates getting fired today, gotta distract the public from the fact that his Republican Senate dont even support his bullsh*t
+2   

2 weeks ago '08        #27
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,856 | Props total: 7440 7440
 Taree said

@ @ @ @ @ @/ @

aaaaannddd it failed LMAO

[pic - click to view]

+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #28
Naga Sadow 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,148 | Props total: 46238 46238
 OldBusiness said
Dan Coates getting fired today, gotta distract the public from the fact that his Republican Senate dont even support his bullsh*t
I'm just waiting for the early Friday morning raid on Jr and Kushner. Trump is is gonna break Twitter that day. He's probably gonna gorge on big macs and diet Pepsi that day.

2 weeks ago '06        #29
Skateboard T 49 heat pts49
space
space
$25,092 | Props total: 38616 38616
 flav said

[pic - click to view]

What failed? The resolution passed lmao. I don't think you fully understand the implications of a resolution in this case... regardless of whether or not it was passed with a 2/3 majority...

When the President takes measures incompatible with the expressed or implied will of Congress, his power is at its lowest ebb, for then he can rely only upon his own constitutional powers minus any constitutional powers of Congress over the matter. Courts can sustain exclusive presidential control in such a case only by disabling [343 U.S. 579, 638] the Congress from acting upon the subject. Presidential claim to a power at once so conclusive and preclusive must be scrutinized with caution, for what is at stake is the equilibrium established by our constitutional system.
-Justice Robert H. Jackson, Youngstown Sheet and Tube Co.

[pic - click to view]

This resolution was an expressed will of congress, none of the president's constitutional powers allow him to spend money not allocated to him by congress. Even if you cite the National Emergency Act, Congress has expressly said that the president may not declare a national emergency in this case.

The only way this wins in SCOTUS is if all of the conservative justices decide to ignore this longstanding precedent. Now I'm not sure if you know how conservative jurisprudence works...but the long and short of it is basically that conservatives hate to change precedent or adopt new rules. Sooooo yeah...
+3   

2 weeks ago '08        #30
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
 Skateboard T said
What failed? The resolution passed lmao. I don't think you fully understand the implications of a resolution in this case... regardless of whether or not it was passed with a 2/3 majority...

When the President takes measures incompatible with the expressed or implied will of Congress, his power is at its lowest ebb, for then he can rely only upon his own constitutional powers minus any constitutional powers of Congress over the matter. Courts can sustain exclusive presidential control in such a case only by disabling [343 U.S. 579, 638] the Congress from acting upon the subject. Presidential claim to a power at once so conclusive and preclusive must be scrutinized with caution, for what is at stake is the equilibrium established by our constitutional system.

[pic - click to view]

This resolution was an expressed will of congress, none of the president's constitutional powers allow him to spend money not allocated to him by congress. Even if you cite the National Emergency Act, Congress has expressly said that the president may not declare a national emergency in this case.

The only way this wins in SCOTUS is if all of the conservative justices decide to ignore this longstanding precedent. Now I'm not sure if you know how conservative jurisprudence works...but the long and short of it is basically that conservatives hate to change precedent or adopt new rules. Sooooo yeah...
whoops!

1st veto loaded in the chamber

in recent history the most overridden veto was GW Bush at 33%

wonder how this will play out
+3   

2 weeks ago '13        #31
Taree 9 heat pts
space
space
$9,993 | Props total: 20912 20912
 flav said

[pic - click to view]

Skateboard T said

[pic - click to view]

FA V

+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #32
danneywilliams 45 heat pts45
space
space
$1,869 | Props total: 4027 4027
Republicans are such pussies. Always trying to vote by what's right while the Dems are laser focused on their goal to disrupt the president's agenda. What a group of idiots.

2 weeks ago '17        #33
Ymmot 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$10,656 | Props total: 25381 25381
 dc3003 said

@ @ @ your comic book story about trump being a russian spy is coming to a end
I guess you don't understand what this actually means. But then again you never do.
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #34
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
 Taree said

FA V

Awww Finally something creative

Other than that, stop mentioning me again LMAO
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #35
Skateboard T 49 heat pts49
space
space
$25,092 | Props total: 38616 38616
 flav said
whoops!

We’re not talking about the legislature anymore, we’re talking about a Supreme Court challenge. It doesn’t matter if it’s vetoed or not at this point...the legislature’s part is done lol.

I literally gave you that info lol come on man try to keep up.

Last edited by Skateboard T; 03-14-2019 at 05:18 PM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '13        #36
Taree 9 heat pts
space
space
 Skateboard T said
We’re not talking about the legislature anymore, we’re talking about a Supreme Court challenge. It doesn’t matter if it’s vetoed or not at this point...the legislature’s part is done lol.

I literally gave you that info lol come on man try to keep up.

FA V

2 weeks ago '12        #37
space
space
 flav said
whoops!

My n*gga you were celebrating an L.for a few minutes there

Admit it that sh*t was funny
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #38
space
space
 Taree said

FA V
I ate an edible.

I been tryna click the quote button for this post for a minute but could t cause I was laughing at the legendary smiley usage
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #39
space
space
 flav said
whoops!

Cuz said whoops
+3   

2 weeks ago '13        #40
Taree 9 heat pts
space
space
 OldBusiness said
I ate an edible.

I been tryna click the quote button for this post for a minute but could t cause I was laughing at the legendary smiley usage
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #41
space
space
 danneywilliams said
Republicans are such pussies. Always trying to vote by what's right while the Dems are laser focused on their goal to disrupt the president's agenda. What a group of idiots.
Yeah how dare they vote for what's right

Mafu*ka mad cause they voted for the right choice and not the biased one. This is seriously sheep behavior

They listened to their constituents, and their constituents think the wall is a waste

You will never get a wall f*g**t
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #42
danneywilliams 45 heat pts45
space
space
$1,869 | Props total: 4027 4027
 OldBusiness said
Yeah how dare they vote for what's right

Mafu*ka mad cause they voted for the right choice and not the biased one. This is seriously sheep behavior

They listened to their constituents, and their constituents think the wall is a waste

You will never get a wall f*g**t

[pic - click to view]

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+39online now  33
Image(s) inside B00ty Movement
41 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  25
Peter Griffin's Stupidity Isn't Funny
96 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+29online now  21
Video inside Remember when Jay z Forbode and banned Beyonce from filming with Sean P..
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+127online now  12
Image(s) inside #SurvivingCardiB Spreads Across Social Media, After She Admits To Drug..
375 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy