Zack Snyder's ARMY OF THE DEAD Synopsis Teases High-Stakes Heist Zombie Flick

most viewed right now
21 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '18        #1
376 page views
16 comments

Phenomenal One 81 heat pts81
space
space
$155 | Props total: 1315 1315
Zack Snyder's ARMY OF THE DEAD Synopsis Teases High-Stakes Heist Zombie Flick

We were previously told that Zack Snyder's next film after Justice League would be a zombie film titled Army of the Dead for Netflix and thanks to Production Weekly, we now have the first official synopsis.

“The adventure is set amid a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, during which a man a*sembles a group of mercenaries to take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantined zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.”
That's a big change from the original script, which was reportedly going to focus on male zombies raping human females and the twisted offspring that resulted. That was the version of the film slated to be made back in 2008 by The Thing remake helmer Matthijs van Heijningen Jr.

In a press release during the film's announcement, Snyder stated, "There are no handcuffs on me at all with this one. I thought this was a good palate cleanser to really dig in with both hands and make something fun and epic and crazy and bonkers in the best possible way."

Filming for Army of the Dead reportedly kicks off July 15 in New Mexico. Though unconfirmed, Dave Bautista (GOTG, Dune) recently suggested that he'd been cast.

visit this link Source
+3   

16 comments for "Zack Snyder's ARMY OF THE DEAD Synopsis Teases High-Stakes Heist Zombie Flick"

2 weeks ago '12        #2
AlBooBoo 18 heat pts18
space
space
$46,070 | Props total: 64721 64721
Sounds like an original movie.

I’m in based off that alone since Hollywood has damn near no originality anymore
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #3
JFamis 244 heat pts244
space
space
$17,570 | Props total: 5862 5862
This sounds dope as fu*k... hope Snyder doesn’t mess it up.

2 weeks ago '17        #4
92baby 2 heat pts
space
space
$11,642 | Props total: 23124 23124
Should be dope cant wait

2 weeks ago '13        #5
Vercetti 69 heat pts69
space
space
$5,929 | Props total: 7187 7187
This guy, imo, made the best zombie movie ever (dawn of the dead remake).

So I have confidence this won't let us down
+3   

2 weeks ago '08        #6
mr.mdz 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,711 | Props total: 3726 3726
Here for it. Watched Dawn of the Dead the other night.

2 weeks ago '17        #7
QdobaCasanova 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,128 | Props total: 25931 25931
 Vercetti said
This guy, imo, made the best zombie movie ever (dawn of the dead remake).

So I have confidence this won't let us down

We need to have a thread where people post films that normies need to see.

2 weeks ago '17        #8
space
space
Also "zombies raping human females"?

The fu*k

Zack Snyder a 45 year old edgelord. How embarrassing.
+3   

2 weeks ago '13        #9
wallace45 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,445 | Props total: 4338 4338
 QdobaCasanova said
Also "zombies raping human females"?

The fu*k

Zack Snyder a 45 year old edgelord. How embarrassing.
lmao i guess we are the only 2 that actually read that part
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #10
Hakim Cobain 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,801 | Props total: 14445 14445
 wallace45 said
Considering he had Batman stabbing n*ggas in the chest, zombie r*pe seems like the next likely point of progression.

+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #11
DUCEDUCE 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,156 | Props total: 9124 9124
 wallace45 said
I read that sh*t also. I was like what the fu*k is this.

+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #12
Bill Wallace 107 heat pts107
space
space
$5,790 | Props total: 11845 11845
Why a heist story tho...if the worlds gonna look like it did in his Dawn remake then money means fu*k all!!!
+1   

1 week ago '18        #13
br82186 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,621 | Props total: 4849 4849
Wait... is this the sequel to Dawn of the Dead?

1 week ago '04        #14
JFamis 244 heat pts244
space
space
 QdobaCasanova said

We need to have a thread where people post films that normies need to see.
Zack’s is good. The original is better if you’re able to appreciate horror movies for the time period they were made in. I know it will be dated for some.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #15
space
space
 br82186 said
Wait... is this the sequel to Dawn of the Dead?
The “sequel” to Dawn of the Dead is Day of the Dead, my guy.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #16
space
space
 JFamis said
Zack’s is good. The original is better if you’re able to appreciate horror movies for the time period they were made in. I know it will be dated for some.
Yes, it’s a decent remake and in a cesspool of unnecessary remakes, Snyder’s rendition of Dawn of the Dead comes out with the least amount of sh*t on it.

But to say it’s the best zombie film of all time is both disheartening and a grim reminder of how some films have the ability to warp the perception of how entire subgenres are viewed.

“Slow” zombies were viewed as “impractical” and unscary post 2004’s Dawn of the Dead.

A fair point, sure, but those were never the intent of Romero’s “___ Of the Dead” trilogy. They were “biting”()social commentary that used zombies as a vehicle for said commentary.

Night of the Living Dead was about social [see:racial] divides with zombies being the cataylst to spark those divides.

Dawn of the Dead is about mass consumerism and social decay in the advent of brick and mortar stores.

^^^Snyder’s rendition of Dawn of the Dead doesn’t touch on this at all^^^

[spoiler - click to view]

Day of the Dead is the culmination of those two aforementioned films, wherein all the lows of Americanisms come to a head, resulting in a military-run state.

I’m not saying ALL zombie films have to be what Romero’s trilogies were, but to reduce them to sprinting demon monsters with 0 thematic weight makes zombies lose their luster.

And dawg if we’re keeping it a buck, the remake of Night of the Living Dead with Tony Todd is better than Snyder’s sh*t.

Last edited by QdobaCasanova; 03-15-2019 at 11:00 AM..
+1   

1 week ago '04        #17
JFamis 244 heat pts244
space
space
 QdobaCasanova said
Yes, it’s a decent remake and in a cesspool of unnecessary remakes, Snyder’s rendition of Dawn of the Dead comes out with the least amount of sh*t on it.

But to say it’s the best zombie film of all time is both disheartening and a grim reminder of how some films have the ability to warp the perception of how entire subgenres are viewed.

“Slow” zombies were viewed as “impractical” and unscary post 2004’s Dawn of the Dead.

A fair point, sure, but those were never the intent of Romero’s “___ Of the Dead” trilogy. They were “biting”()social commentary that used zombies as a vehicle for said commentary.

Night of the Living Dead was about social [see:racial] divides with zombies being the cataylst to spark those divides.

Dawn of the Dead is about mass consumerism and social decay in the advent of brick and mortar stores.

^^^Snyder’s rendition of Dawn of the Dead doesn’t touch on this at all^^^

[spoiler - click to view]

Day of the Dead is the culmination of those two aforementioned films, wherein all the lows of Americanisms come to a head, resulting in a military-run state.

I’m not saying ALL zombie films have to be what Romero’s trilogies were, but to reduce them to sprinting demon monsters with 0 thematic weight makes zombies lose their luster.

And dawg if we’re keeping it a buck, the remake of Night of the Living Dead with Tony Todd is better than Snyder’s sh*t.
I misinterpreted your first post as you’d never heard of/seen Dawn of the Dead
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+37online now  45
Image(s) inside Mar 24 - Man spikes coworkers’ drinks with LSD to change their ‘negati..
124 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+46online now  39
Busting big nuts on this Big Butt
58 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+30online now  27
I let it soak in but "Us" wasn't it.