Mar 13 - Government Shutdown Delayed Software Update on Boeing 737 Max 8

most viewed right now
+37  80
96 comments @sports
most viewed right now
-89  49
105 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 days ago '17        #26
TheLastNonEarth 107 heat pts107
space
space
$9,394 | Props total: 49474 49474
 AmillionMo said
Mane that's so sad. Looked successful and looked like he had a long life ahead of him. Easy to question what god is when you live your life by the books and something like this still happens.

Bruh. I can't even believe it's real yet. Check his FB page... nothing but traveling, sky diving, visiting new countries....my guy always lived life to the fullest. That was my hang out buddy for years before he joined the military. I keep thinking I'll be able to have another 2 hour convo with my brother about Africa, life or politics whenever I want to. Nope. Honestly I've been trying to not think about it or see any coverage on the story... Then this article popped up
+7   

7 days ago '17        #27
space
space
 AmillionMo said
Sorry for your lost. I can't imagine how it would feel to Know it's over but I can't even put this on Trump. I put it on Boeing for knowing 1st, all the software wasn't updated and 2, for not having a fail safe
Preciate it bro. Just the fact that the FAA is saying that the shutdown played a part... I aint even gon talk about it. It's too fresh. I've been trying to ignore the story tbh.
+1   

7 days ago '05        #28
P-Hill|M 28 heat pts28
space
space
$39,421 | Props total: 16539 16539
 TheLastNonEarth said
My friend Antoine died in this crash. He was on his way to do missionary work.

Bruh.... The fact that this leads back to Trump somehow...
Sorry to hear that bro
+1   

7 days ago '17        #29
space
space
 P-Hill said
Sorry to hear that bro
Preciate it fam.

7 days ago '04        #30
patt24 53 heat pts53
space
space
$8,184 | Props total: 4447 4447
 J Money B&W said
Boeing is a publicly traded company, but I don't think that's what you meant are you referring to boeing not being a government entity? If so, you're correct but the government shutdown affected the FAA, therefor there is kind of a domino effect on the fix.
yea thats what i meant a non-govermental entity..

just curious as to why the fix had to "halt" for 3-5 weeks other than getting the FAA approval... the techs could have came up with a fix which I'm pretty sure i read they had a multi-sensor fix for it and got it approved or start the process of approval once opened. Its already been 2 months back open...I'm ignorant to the policies of the FAA but this seems like a reach to me. It might not be but again, i dont know policies.
+2   

7 days ago '17        #31
Naga Sadow 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,039 | Props total: 45624 45624
 Frasier said
Guess you can blame Pelosi and Schumer for the plane crashing.

Put them both in prison for k*lling so many

[video - click to view]

+1   

7 days ago '15        #32
160z 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,447 | Props total: 18273 18273
 RIPrjacks23 said
Why aren't these planes grounded? Is Boeing facing lawsuits?
I honestly think Boeing is taking the hit in the media buts the airlines not doing their part on system checks/safety.

7 days ago '18        #33
yougonluvme 
space
space
$2,206 | Props total: 5437 5437
its all a bout private jets man step your game up you broke a*s n*ggas

7 days ago '15        #34
OMarksDaSpot 
space
space
space
$720 | Props total: 2639 2639
 stay alert said
No flying on Southwest, United & American Airlines since they still use that particular planes in the U.S.
AA n SW only carriers in the US with about 24-27 737max in their fleet outta hundreds or other planes. Besides, if you're not particularly flying outta Miami (AAs hub for that aircraft), you got nothing to worry.

.....really tho how often you yall fly to care? lol

7 days ago '15        #35
OMarksDaSpot 
space
space
space
 yougonluvme said

Stop frontin with yo basic economy non refundable tkt buying a*s!

+2   

7 days ago '17        #36
RTRNOFKINGBLACK 3 heat pts
space
space
$476 | Props total: 1003 1003
 Skilllz said
Trippy how they manage to find a way politicize everything from tragedies to donations.
Thatís the most disgusting part about it all.

+2   

7 days ago '07        #37
Deniro732 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,953 | Props total: 5139 5139
fu*king donald duck a*s dump strikes again. I'm Ethiopian and I hate that it had to be Ethiopian Airlines man So many lives lost and all because of something that could have been avoided had the current government had any common sense and not have got shutdown

7 days ago '15        #38
OMarksDaSpot 
space
space
space
 Deniro732 said
fu*king donald duck a*s dump strikes again. I'm Ethiopian and I hate that it had to be Ethiopian Airlines man So many lives lost and all because of something that could have been avoided had the current government had any common sense and not have got shutdown
As a student pilot and a professional in the airline industry for 10 years plus, my best judgment on the sensationalized news against the B737max is that the international community wanna blame Boeing being that it's an American corporation whose delivered these planes during the Trump administration instead of focusing the the subpar pilot/resource management training conducted by Lion Air (Of Indonesia) and Ethiopian Airlines (of Ethiopia). If Audi rolled out a new model and out of 100,000s, 4 newly licensed teens died in crashes from those cars, are you gonna be looking solely on Audi or the human factors of the crash

7 days ago '04        #39
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,155 | Props total: 4428 4428
 yougonluvme said

You do realize private jets crashes too.
+2   

7 days ago '05        #40
QualityRecords 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,652 | Props total: 4730 4730
So they know there is an issue with the software, blame the government shutdown on why the software wasn't pushed to the planes, BUT they still flew the planes? That's some bullsh*t if I ever saw it. Trying to pass the buck on a tragedy is really fu*king low.
+2   

7 days ago '17        #41
QdobaCasanova 12 heat pts12
space
space
$8,998 | Props total: 25415 25415
 TheLastNonEarth said
Yes. I knew him for 15 years ever since we went to to truck driving school together. He was one of the smartest cats I ever knew. He was forever putting me up on a new book, new theory, new artist, etc. I was actually trying to get him to get an account on Boxden for the longest. It hit me like a ton of bricks and I remember someone asking me how Trump has negatively affected my life @

Well

You know what's wild. He was a Trump supporter I kinda stopped talking politics with him because it would get too contentious
My condolences.
+1   

6 days ago '05        #42
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
$13,111 | Props total: 8915 8915
 P-Hill said
Also, if this is an issue that could have prevented what happened in Ethiopia, how could we (US) not decide to ground the planes ?
Ethiopiaís lenient 200 minimum flight hours to become a commercial vs. the USís 1,500 flight hours minimum should be an eye opener and a push for the rest of the world to increase the experience and training need to fly a plane instead of blaming a plane that could be handled by experienced pilots...
+1   

6 days ago '05        #43
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
 stay alert said
No flying on Southwest, United & American Airlines since they still use that particular planes in the U.S.
US trained pilots can handle these planes.... More fear mongering, as usual.

6 days ago '04        #44
class01 
space
space
space
$454 | Props total: 184 184
I know many people in the industry from mechanics to air traffic controllers. This plane is a 737 but it is brand new. Pilots have said it's not like old 737s and that it should require new training and new certifications for pilots. Being qualified on more planes = more money to pilots. Companies bucked that idea because they didn't want to pay so they said no this is just another 737 you're already qualified.

I believe that it's a combination of training and software that's the problem.

6 days ago '05        #45
P-Hill|M 28 heat pts28
space
space
$39,421 | Props total: 16539 16539
 pnoi89 said
Ethiopiaís lenient 200 minimum flight hours to become a commercial vs. the USís 1,500 flight hours minimum should be an eye opener and a push for the rest of the world to increase the experience and training need to fly a plane instead of blaming a plane that could be handled by experienced pilots...
Yeah this is a good point.. another article I read where pilots were leaving reviews mentioned not liking how the new software worked but still able to deal with it

6 days ago '05        #46
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
 class01 said
I know many people in the industry from mechanics to air traffic controllers. This plane is a 737 but it is brand new. Pilots have said it's not like old 737s and that it should require new training and new certifications for pilots. Being qualified on more planes = more money to pilots. Companies bucked that idea because they didn't want to pay so they said no this is just another 737 you're already qualified.

I believe that it's a combination of training and software that's the problem.
That's negligence on those companies.
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
-100online now  48
She's built for S*x...Its all she has to offer
105 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+72online now  46
Video inside Damnnn! That ass!......... Youtube Bikini Haul Try-ons appreciation
58 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+61online now  39
Image(s) inside Little boy sees his father without dreads for the first time
41 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  22
Google Stadia