Mar 13 - Government Shutdown Delayed Software Update on Boeing 737 Max 8

most viewed right now
68 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '05        #1
1634 page views
45 comments

phantomnation 3118 heat pts3118
space
space
$11,100 | Props total: 48336 48336
Mar 13 - Government Shutdown Delayed Software Update on Boeing 737 Max 8

The devastating Ethiopian Airlines crash this weekend caused many to turn a sharp eye on plane manufacturer, Boeing. Many countries have barred flights on the Boeing 737 MAX 8, the plane involved in the crash, though the US has not.

Boeing says that the planes issues can be fixed with a simple software update. Last night on her show, Rachel Maddow, detailed how the recent government shutdown delayed these updates from taking place.

Maddow explained, “Well, the good news is, it turns out that Boeing has in the works a software fix that they believe will address that problem in these planes. The anticipated software fix from Boeing will limit the extent of the flight control systems downward push on the plane’s nose.”

While it is a good thing that Boeing has found a solution, they could have had it much earlier. Maddow continues:

“The software fix to this particular flight control feature had been expected early in January. Discussions dragged on. Officials in various parts had differing views on how it should be fixed. The shutdown halted work on the fix entirely for five weeks.”

Early in 2018, Trump took credit for the safest year in aviation history. He tweeted, “Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news – it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!"

Maddow finished her segment, “”In the meantime, here in the U.S., continue to enjoy your flights on Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft. Don’t worry, the president talks to the Boeing CEO on the phone about it all the time. And the president himself knows aviation after all, he had the best pilot you can ever imagine who was amazing. He would have been perfect to run the FAA.”
See a video of the segment here:

+6   

45 comments for "Mar 13 - Government Shutdown Delayed Software Update on Boeing 737 Max 8"

2 weeks ago '05        #2
P-Hill|M 28 heat pts28
space
space
$39,452 | Props total: 16615 16615
Ground the planes until its verified this software fixes that issue.
+26   

2 weeks ago '12        #3
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
$9,692 | Props total: 33221 33221
Maddow finished her segment, “”In the meantime, here in the U.S., continue to enjoy your flights on Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft. Don’t worry, the president talks to the Boeing CEO on the phone about it all the time. And the president himself knows aviation after all, he had the best pilot you can ever imagine who was amazing. He would have been perfect to run the FAA.
who made these fools

edit: missed the part about Maddow saying this...so it's sarcasm

Last edited by acefresh; 03-13-2019 at 10:16 AM..
+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #4
P-Hill|M 28 heat pts28
space
space
$39,452 | Props total: 16615 16615
Also, if this is an issue that could have prevented what happened in Ethiopia, how could we (US) not decide to ground the planes ?
+5   

2 weeks ago '15        #5
RIPrjacks23 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,580 | Props total: 5838 5838
Why aren't these planes grounded? Is Boeing facing lawsuits?
+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #6
stay alert 
space
space
space
$2,246 | Props total: 935 935
No flying on Southwest, United & American Airlines since they still use that particular planes in the U.S.
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #7
Frasier 245 heat pts245
space
space
$18,742 | Props total: 9681 9681
Guess you can blame Pelosi and Schumer for the plane crashing.

Put them both in prison for k*lling so many

2 weeks ago '04        #8
Chronos 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,963 | Props total: 4952 4952
 Frasier said

Bruh, stop it.
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #9
StuGotz 10 heat pts10
space
space
$939 | Props total: 5103 5103
 Frasier said

Yeah! And throw Donald trump f*g**t a*s in there too because he’s just as responsible

2 weeks ago '04        #10
Skilllz 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,930 | Props total: 6742 6742
Trippy how they manage to find a way politicize everything from tragedies to donations.
+7   

2 weeks ago '15        #11
JayJedi 3 heat pts
space
space
$607 | Props total: 1864 1864
Apparently the US is the only one that still has 787 Max B’s in the air? Not sure how true that is but muhfu*kers playing with people’s lives like the sh*t means nothing

Ths information should’ve been published sooner especially with the last plane that crashed in Oct ‘17 was the same model
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #12
J Money B&W 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,265 | Props total: 699 699
 Frasier said

"I'll take full responsibility for the government shutdown" - DJT
+13   

2 weeks ago '04        #13
patt24 53 heat pts53
space
space
$8,229 | Props total: 4528 4528
no reason why any of these planes should be in the air.

i thought boeing was a private company, how did the govt shutdown affect the software update? I also didnt watch the video though so i could be wrong
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #14
Drakehotel 22 heat pts22
space
space
$5,396 | Props total: 15609 15609
 Frasier said

Can you actually breathe with Trumps d*ck that far down your throat? Just curious
+4   

2 weeks ago '10        #15
Frasier 245 heat pts245
space
space
$18,742 | Props total: 9681 9681
 Drakehotel said
Can you actually breathe with Trumps d*ck that far down your throat? Just curious
Yeah dawg. Here’s a picture I drew.

[pic - click to view]

2 weeks ago '15        #16
Drakehotel 22 heat pts22
space
space
$5,396 | Props total: 15609 15609
 Frasier said
Yeah dawg. Here’s a picture I drew.

[pic - click to view]

Come up for some air once in a while doggy
+5   

2 weeks ago '15        #17
AmillionMo 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,507 | Props total: 7537 7537
I'm confused why didn't the company make sure all of their planes had the update AFTER the shutdown and why were the planes flying DURING the shutdown of the software wasn't updated. It's scary to know that software is what makes the decision whether people live or die. Where the fu*k are the backup systems?
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #18
TheLastNonEarth 109 heat pts109
space
space
$9,432 | Props total: 49781 49781
My friend Antoine died in this crash. He was on his way to do missionary work.

Bruh.... The fact that this leads back to Trump somehow...
+13   

2 weeks ago '18        #19
Juliette DaBlok 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,055 | Props total: 7774 7774
 TheLastNonEarth said

U serious ?

2 weeks ago '08        #20
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,847 | Props total: 7432 7432
sounds odd

you mean to tell me that a "simple software update" was all that was required and the US Gov't shutdown caused a plane in ETHIOPIA to fail?

To add, with that supposed "simple software update", you mean to tell me that prior to that "update" why the MANY other Boeing's of the same exact model did not present the same issue? Planes should have been crashing left & right

Don't believe the hype. This makes no damn sense
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #21
OWPE 94 heat pts94
space
space
$5,856 | Props total: 14586 14586
Simple question.

Why haven't any of those max planes gone down in the USA then? They don't know what they doing with planes over there....

2 weeks ago '17        #22
TheLastNonEarth 109 heat pts109
space
space
$9,432 | Props total: 49781 49781
 Juliette DaBlok said
U serious ?
Yes. I knew him for 15 years ever since we went to to truck driving school together. He was one of the smartest cats I ever knew. He was forever putting me up on a new book, new theory, new artist, etc. I was actually trying to get him to get an account on Boxden for the longest. It hit me like a ton of bricks and I remember someone asking me how Trump has negatively affected my life @

Well

[tweet - click to view]

You know what's wild. He was a Trump supporter I kinda stopped talking politics with him because it would get too contentious
+13   

2 weeks ago '15        #23
AmillionMo 10 heat pts10
space
space
 TheLastNonEarth said

Sorry for your lost. I can't imagine how it would feel to Know it's over but I can't even put this on Trump. I put it on Boeing for knowing 1st, all the software wasn't updated and 2, for not having a fail safe
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #24
AmillionMo 10 heat pts10
space
space
 TheLastNonEarth said
Yes. I knew him for 15 years ever since we went to to truck driving school together. He was one of the smartest cats I ever knew. He was forever putting me up on a new book, new theory, new artist, etc. I was actually trying to get him to get an account on Boxden for the longest. It hit me like a ton of bricks and I remember someone asking me how Trump has negatively affected my life @

Well

Mane that's so sad. Looked successful and looked like he had a long life ahead of him. Easy to question what god is when you live your life by the books and something like this still happens.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #25
J Money B&W 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,265 | Props total: 699 699
 patt24 said
no reason why any of these planes should be in the air.

i thought boeing was a private company, how did the govt shutdown affect the software update? I also didnt watch the video though so i could be wrong
Boeing is a publicly traded company, but I don't think that's what you meant are you referring to boeing not being a government entity? If so, you're correct but the government shutdown affected the FAA, therefor there is kind of a domino effect on the fix.

Home      

most viewed right now
+34online now  46
Image(s) inside Mar 24 - Man spikes coworkers’ drinks with LSD to change their ‘negati..
121 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+29online now  42
I let it soak in but "Us" wasn't it.
170 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+46online now  31
Busting big nuts on this Big Butt