NBA Live 19 All-Star Edition now $3.99

most viewed right now
+20  115
127 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '07        #26
willie_s 1 heat pts
space
space
$780 | Props total: 542 542
 uoeno said
just make it free to play for a week

go cut some grass for a week free.

2 weeks ago '13        #27
uoeno 115 heat pts115
space
space
space
$9,079 | Props total: 24740 24740
 willie_s said
go cut some grass for a week free.
i see the point you trynna make, but no. different context.

This game is trash and not selling, hence the "$3.99" price point.

peeps who don't fu*k with the game won't even get it. I personally wouldn't get it at 3.99 and probably would only try it out once if it was free to play

If they made they made some kinda free to play for a week (like rainbow six did) then they might reel some people in.
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #28
bkamagnum 
space
space
$1,486 | Props total: 888 888
if you used to play live back in the day (head to head or franchise only) is this a cop?

2 weeks ago '07        #29
willie_s 1 heat pts
space
space
$780 | Props total: 542 542
 uoeno said
i see the point you trynna make, but no. different context.

This game is trash and not selling, hence the "$3.99" price point.

peeps who don't fu*k with the game won't even get it. I personally wouldn't get it at 3.99 and probably would only try it out once if it was free to play

If they made they made some kinda free to play for a week (like rainbow six did) then they might reel some people in.
you might be right

2 weeks ago '05        #30
Micheal C. Will 27 heat pts27
space
space
$31,064 | Props total: 27029 27029
 BaseWhitaker said
Just play MyLeague

-Set up MyLeague with control of all 30 Teams
-Create your own player on whatever team you want
-All the shoes you want/Boost your own attributes
-Change your own Roster and others whenever you want...It's what MyCareer is supposed to be, with no MT/VC bullsh*t involved, that's how I play at least

but no one in their right mind can deny that 2K is a greedy fu*king company and the gameplay experience is convoluted because Ronnie 2K is a Sociopath, but...Even on it's worst of days, like 2k18 worst of days...2K is 5x as good as Live.

Live isn't fluid, at all. That's why it's on sale for practically free - the Gameplay Engine is flawed. That's why the n*ggas who try to Stan for Live always talk about the Graphics, because the actual gameplay is still the PS2 engine
The only reason I bought NBA 2K was to mainly play online in My neighborhood because my boy and his cousin told me to hop on it.

My 2K career player is only a level 84, but I've had Live less than a month and I have two overall 90 players already.

It's no way your pulling that off in 2K unless your job is to play this game for a living
+6   

2 weeks ago '18        #31
addth3sauce 1 heat pts
space
space
$123 | Props total: 353 353
 diamond4981 said
Unfortunately they may eventually have to move that big money retaining the NFL license into buying studios to create products that generate revenue. Battlefield 5, Star wars battlefront were bashed for less than stellar gameplay and microtransactions. Madden and fifa taking a hit too. Apex legends is actually making their stock rise but for how long when everything else is underperforming.

shoot....Apex Legends is the one they werent involved developing it....maybe thats a sign

"EA’s acquisition of Respawn Entertainment in 2017 ruffled a few feathers and set more than a few Titanfall fans on edge. There’s a lot of reasons why, which you can read about here, but EA’s habit of closing studios like Maxis, Bullfrog, Visceral Games as well as its handling of disruptive microtransactions in games like Battlefront II are chief among them.

During a reveal event for Apex Legends, Respawn’s new battle royale game, I talked a little with Executive Producer Drew McCoy during an interview about the acquisition and whether or not it affected the development of the game. Here’s what he said.

Not to be throwing EA under the bus, but this wasn’t the game they were expecting. I had to go to executives and show it to them and explain it and…not convince but more “Hey, trust us! This is the thing you want out of us.” As a corporation, they can only quantify based on past data and they’ve never done anything like this before. There’s a giant rainbow question mark over revenue projections for this game. They’re like “We don’t know! We can’t predict.” This is a game we had to say “This is what we want to do. Help us get there.” They had no hand in development or anything about this game."
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '04        #32
dc3003 120 heat pts120
space
space
$48,466 | Props total: 51917 51917
Bet

2 weeks ago '13        #33
Ta388 
space
space
$5,327 | Props total: 3698 3698
 Ricky Retardo said
I still play this, but the canned animation is just annoying.

Still ain't copping 2K. fu*k that.
That’s my main issue with Live man....those fu*king animations will make you quit a game out of frustration. And not to mention the defense in the paint is non existent. I have a ball with 2K thou because I’m more in control
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #34
diamond4981 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,111 | Props total: 514 514
 addth3sauce said
shoot....Apex Legends is the one they werent involved developing it....maybe thats a sign
yea but it made their stock rise so they may start more free to play but microtransaction games. you dont have to buy but people ger attached and want new costumes and stuff like that.
+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #35
kickzrme 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,345 | Props total: 3488 3488
 BaseWhitaker said
Just play MyLeague

-Change your own Roster and others whenever you want...It's what MyCareer is supposed to be, with no MT/VC bullsh*t involved, that's how I play at least

but no one in their right mind can deny that 2K is a greedy fu*king company and the gameplay experience is convoluted because Ronnie 2K is a Sociopath, but...Even on it's worst of days, like 2k18 worst of days...2K is 5x as good as Live.

Live isn't fluid, at all. That's why it's on sale for practically free - the Gameplay Engine is flawed. That's why the n*ggas who try to Stan for Live always talk about the Graphics, because the actual gameplay is still the PS2 engine

As a n*gga that played the fu*k outta both of them...live court Battles is more fun than the neighborhood and myleague...the downfall of live is that the players are still sliding like in Madden...I think that if they fix that and them random steal animations from builds that's not defense heavy they would give 2k a little comp

Also it's not just Ronnie it's visual concepts or whatever the distributor is that's pushing VC so fu*king hard
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #36
AdRock 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,899 | Props total: 9396 9396
Its worth $4. I copped when it was $6.99 & I fu*ks with it. It’s fun... I’m not Uber serious gamer guy though either
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #37
Tron Carter 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,782 | Props total: 2576 2576
 BaseWhitaker said
Just play MyLeague

bruh Ronnie does not make the game he’s just a community manager lol.
and VC is crazy now because of Take Two.
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #38
addth3sauce 1 heat pts
space
space
$123 | Props total: 353 353
 diamond4981 said
yea but it made their stock rise so they may start more free to play but microtransaction games. you dont have to buy but people ger attached and want new costumes and stuff like that.

Like I said...maybe it's a sign...

2 weeks ago '08        #39
litdes 
space
space
space
$2,114 | Props total: 2430 2430
Just hasn’t been the same for them since 2k12/13 dropped

2 weeks ago '14        #40
westsidedon 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,093 | Props total: 4288 4288
imma try it out

2 weeks ago '17        #41
LegendaryLegend 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,393 | Props total: 10552 10552
Yall n*ggaz is just hating to be hating. That game is dope and a very refreshing change to 2K. I don't even bother with 2K anymore after that microtransaction bullsh*t ruined MyPlayer.

+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #42
iBoxden 30 heat pts30
space
space
$3,330 | Props total: 1353 1353
 Micheal C. Will said
Live 19 is better than 2K for the sole reason you dont need any microtransactions or grind 24/7 to be competitive online.

Yea, there is some canned animations but so does 2K.

2K is way too VC depended to be fun.
Yeah I hate that VC sh*t. They need to take that sh*t away completely. Or only to allow VC to be used to buy sh*t like clothes, etc. n*ggas will buy the game same day release and already buy 99 rating. sh*t is annoying.

2 weeks ago '11        #43
darealvelle 104 heat pts104
space
space
$8,980 | Props total: 7715 7715
Yea I juast purchased it last night for 3.99. It’s pretty fun imo. Very arcadey but it’s live.
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #44
mumbosauce 273 heat pts273
space
space
space
$11,000 | Props total: 16963 16963
 Micheal C. Will said
Live 19 is better than 2K for the sole reason you dont need any microtransactions or grind 24/7 to be competitive online.

Yea, there is some canned animations but so does 2K.

2K is way too VC depended to be fun.
 Ricky Retardo said
I still play this, but the canned animation is just annoying.

Still ain't copping 2K. fu*k that.
 RoyRogers225 said
Live is fu*kin garbage presentation good court look good but everything is awful this game is atleast bare minimum 4 years away
 wildish said
stop being 2k snobs give live a chance play it guarantee it will be the most fun u will have in a basketball game since early 2k/lives
 AdRock said
Its worth $4. I copped when it was $6.99 & I fu*ks with it. It’s fun... I’m not Uber serious gamer guy though either
 LegendaryLegend said
Yall n*ggaz is just hating to be hating. That game is dope and a very refreshing change to 2K. I don't even bother with 2K anymore after that microtransaction bullsh*t ruined MyPlayer.

darealvelle said
Yea I juast purchased it last night for 3.99. It’s pretty fun imo. Very arcadey but it’s live.

First props OP..

My only question is how is Franchise Mode? I'm probably not gonna play the actual game I just love to do franchise stuff and build a team.

One more can you download draft classes?

I'm get this later today

2 weeks ago '15        #45
KoolKai 137 heat pts137
space
space
$7,126 | Props total: 11462 11462
I'm a 98 overall Slasher with the Iverson Icon path maxed out the only issue is the amount of layups missed and the amount of blocked shots that occur in the game. You have to adjust the sliders in franchise mode. If your a slasher your on ball defense and your 3 point shooting isn't gonna be high. You have to get gold tier traits to enhance your player. I'm almost finished the Streets World Tour I got one more group to go. I also created a Floor General because I get tons of a*sist.

Basically if your a slasher don't expect to be Curry and lock up like Gary Payton when you max out
otherwise be a backcourt shooter or floor general. etc. Choose the type of player that fits your play style the best.

*Franchise Mode isn't as deep as 2K and is dry
*The Black History Month gear was dope the One Store for your One player is always updated and has dope shoe collection and clothing for your player hands down
*Court Battles and Streets world Tour are the BEST part of the game
*You can make dunks worth 5 points, you can play where you get points for all stats(blocks, a*sists, steals, rebounds) etc in Court Battles
*Issue with The League is commentary doesn't change and is repetitive and you can trade your player to any team in the league regardless of whose on it.

GamePlay

*A lot of times your teammates won't really do anything I find constantly setting picks for shooters on your team makes them score also if you want to win a bunch of games always use the pick and roll with big men and pick and pop with players that can shoot.
*When playing Streets World Tour Matchups are key so if you go up against Steph curry put Avery Bradley on him he has like the best on ball defense of players you can buy from the store his specialty is backcourt defender.
*When driving to the basket if you have a defender in front of you that is a big due to the fact that shooting calls are rarely called in The League and never in The Streets World Tour EUROSTEP. Also utilize learn how to find the open man in the corner for 3 if your double teamed, spin layup and floater.
*When playing defense hold down defensive a*sist and keep the right analog stick pointed up to contest the shot. Don't keep pressing on turbo unless you tryna get crossed it effects your player score(-8 points)

Last edited by KoolKai; 03-14-2019 at 09:58 AM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #46
KoolKai 137 heat pts137
space
space
$7,126 | Props total: 11462 11462
 mumbosauce said
First props OP..

My only question is how is Franchise Mode? I'm probably not gonna play the actual game I just love to do franchise stuff and build a team.

I'm get this later today
See the comment I posted underneath yours.

2 weeks ago '18        #47
No Religion 10 heat pts10
space
space
$1,474 | Props total: 5051 5051
 bkamagnum said
if you used to play live back in the day (head to head or franchise only) is this a cop?
Only question people should be asking is "Is it better than NBA2k?" if the answer is no it's an easy pass regardless of the price. EA deathly scared to allow 2k to get back into the football market. Probably paying a ridiculous number to keep that exclusive.

2 weeks ago '05        #48
O.G. Loc 
space
space
$1,236 | Props total: 181 181
Basketball games got too realistic for me, so I gave up on consistent playing with them back with like 2k8 or so. Got back in to it enough for one season with 2k13. Then gave up til they made Live 18 a few dollars on PS4, was able to play 1/2 a season before I lost interest. Wasn't gonna get this, but caved in when I heard 6 dollars on XB one, and that you can play cream e biggums. But I'll get around to it when I finish pillars of eternity and Sekiro when it comes out

Don't prefer 2k over live and vice versa, but I do lean towards live now because of price and just to see if they can improve their quality

Last edited by O.G. Loc; 03-14-2019 at 10:56 AM..

2 weeks ago '12        #49
Tron Carter 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,782 | Props total: 2576 2576
 mumbosauce said
First props OP..

I'm get this later today
barebones af compared to 2Ks MyLeague. not even in the same league tbh.

2 weeks ago '14        #50
M Jizzle1986 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,251 | Props total: 4024 4024
People will complain about anything
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+19online now  57
Article inside Throwback interview of Scareface sh-tting on J Prince for his evil bu..
56 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+34online now  38
Busting big nuts on this Big Butt
40 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+60online now  38
Mar 24 - If you hit the $750 million Powerball jackpot, here's your tax bill