Mar 13 - FBI: Parents paid up to $6.5M for guaranteed admission

most viewed right now
+36  79
95 comments @sports
most viewed right now
-88  55
105 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

7 days ago '15        #26
Teddy KGB 41 heat pts41
space
space
$14,739 | Props total: 46631 46631
 acefresh said
"taking care of business" lol these colleges barely entertain students who aren't valedictorians or salutatorians. that's 2 individuals out of any graduating class of any size...and even of those some get rejected. and to say that all u gotta do is throw money at em and all those standards go out of the window is a slap in the face of every one of those kids who tried getting in with pristine grades and extra curricular activities, sports...actual well rounded students who "took care of business"
Iíve seen much different results in real life than what you are describing. I got two cousins that are siblings who grew up very poor and went to Stanford and Berkeley respectively. I got another middle class friend who went to Duke. My sister did some grad school coursework at Harvard. I got offered an overseas study opportunity at Cambridge. All these people I just described are black Haitian-Americans. I had a regular buddy in the Army go to Wharton (U Penn)for his MBA. Knew a complete idiot who went to Dartmouth.

Not sure where you are getting your facts from.

7 days ago '12        #27
OldBusiness 176 heat pts176
space
space
$28,623 | Props total: 47986 47986
 Frasier said
That isn't precisely why we need affirmative action. We don't need affirmative action. We need to weed out the cheaters in the system, and then allow kids who deserve to go to these colleges based on MERIT and MERIT alone, to go to college. The affirmative action that needs to occur, are providing people in less wealthy neighborhoods, the opportunity to learn as children so that they are intelligent enough to get into these schools based on MERIT and the content of their character NOT the color of their skin.
Affirmative action was a ploy to make people of color think they were getting something.

The trick was/is the government classifies Caucasian women as minorities so damn near 80% of anything affirmative action did? It did it for caucasian woman.

Just the USA fu*king over it's people once again.
+6   

7 days ago '12        #28
OldBusiness 176 heat pts176
space
space
$28,623 | Props total: 47986 47986
 Lord God said
If you're wealthy, you have access to the best educators in the world.

I'll forever be surprised by the amount of people in this world willing to give rich people a pass for crimes solely because they have money.
It's amazing how the poor/middle class in this country do everything they can to GIVE those with more than them an easier life

They go so hard for the privileged few who dont need anything lol
+4   

7 days ago '12        #29
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
$9,605 | Props total: 32685 32685
 Teddy KGB said
I’ve seen much different results in real life than what you are describing. I got two cousins that are siblings who grew up very poor and went to Stanford and Berkeley respectively. I got another middle class friend who went to Duke. My sister did some grad school coursework at Harvard. I got offered an overseas study opportunity at Cambridge. All these people I just described are black Haitian-Americans. I had a regular buddy in the Army go to Wharton (U Penn)for his MBA. Knew a complete idiot who went to Dartmouth.

Not sure where you are getting your facts from.
they have minority quotas as well where the other academic standards are underweighed. i'm not saying i'm an expert in ivy league admissions. but to say "This payment under the table to get underqualified kids in is all good" is the height of stupidity, if not for any other fact that simply that these colleges names carry tremendous weight because they're supposed to represent excellence. The fact that we have a dogsh*t president dumber than a bag of rocks who "graduated" from Wharton thanks to these very practices....should be beyond enough to rest your case before it rises. but carry on
+1   

7 days ago '15        #30
Teddy KGB 41 heat pts41
space
space
 acefresh said
they have minority quotas as well where the other academic standards are underweighed. i'm not saying i'm an expert in ivy league admissions. but to say "This payment under the table to get underqualified kids in is all good" is the height of stupidity, if not for any other fact that simply that these colleges names carry tremendous weight because they're supposed to represent excellence. The fact that we have a dogsh*t president dumber than a bag of rocks who "graduated" from Wharton thanks to these very practices....should be beyond enough to rest your case before it rises. but carry on
Their money does good things for universities that you aren’t thinking about. New buildings, facilities, research, scholarships, etc... Without donations and payoffs by the wealthy, the system would likely collapse.

7 days ago '12        #31
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
Their money does good things for universities that you arenít thinking about. New buildings, facilities, research, scholarships, etc... Without donations and payoffs by the wealthy, the system would likely collapse.
And you think these spoiled rich kids getting in through financial influence doesn't take away from the actually qualified kids? and that's ok?

Because the money is useful?

They get paid out the a*s from their students who don't get scholarships. And get donations from alumni. They don't need this underhanded practice to keep the lights on or keep research going.
+1   

7 days ago '15        #32
Teddy KGB 41 heat pts41
space
space
 acefresh said
And you think these spoiled rich kids getting in through financial influence doesn't take away from the actually qualified kids? and that's ok?

Because the money is useful?

They get paid out the a*s from their students who don't get scholarships. And get donations from alumni. They don't need this underhanded practice to keep the lights on or keep research going.
I have better education and qualifications than pretty much all the VPs in my company. It doesnít matter as much as you think it does. The bigger problem is what happens to black people once you get to corporate America. I know white guys with communications degrees from East South West Alabama A&M Technical State College, who came from a poor background, and yet they still get more opportunities than blacks with high powered degrees from major universities.

So no... I donít think itís a big deal. The corruption in the workplace is the larger problem.
+1   

7 days ago '12        #33
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
I have better education and qualifications than pretty much all the VPs in my company. It doesnít matter as much as you think it does. The bigger problem is what happens to black people once you get to corporate America. I know white guys with communications degrees from East South West Alabama A&M Technical State College, who came from a poor background, and yet they still get more opportunities than blacks with high powered degrees from major universities.

So no... I donít think itís a big deal. The corruption in the workplace is the larger problem.
and corruption in the process of obtaining high level positions in the workplace by way of underhanded admissions practices at ivy league schools is irrelevant to the corruption that takes place in the workplace?

7 days ago '10        #34
Frasier 244 heat pts244
space
space
$18,695 | Props total: 9581 9581
 OldBusiness said
Affirmative action was a ploy to make people of color think they were getting something.

The trick was/is the government classifies Caucasian women as minorities so damn near 80% of anything affirmative action did? It did it for caucasian woman.

Just the USA fu*king over it's people once again.

Exactly bro. You completely get it.

7 days ago '07        #35
RubbahBandMayn 16 heat pts16
space
space
$15,886 | Props total: 12990 12990
They've been doing this sh*t for centuries

7 days ago '15        #36
Teddy KGB 41 heat pts41
space
space
 acefresh said
and corruption in the process of obtaining high level positions in the workplace by way of underhanded admissions practices at ivy league schools is irrelevant to the corruption that takes place in the workplace?
I did not say it was irrelevant.

7 days ago '12        #37
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
I did not say it was irrelevant.
you said corruption at the academic level is "not a big deal"....but corruption in the workplace is the real problem...but you admit they're also connected...

7 days ago '15        #38
Teddy KGB 41 heat pts41
space
space
 acefresh said
you said corruption at the academic level is "not a big deal"....but corruption in the workplace is the real problem...but you admit they're also connected...

Comparatively speaking, one is much worse than the other.

7 days ago '06        #39
daffysm 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,803 | Props total: 2876 2876
wealthy have been bribing for generations and NOW its a problem?

7 days ago '12        #40
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
Comparatively speaking, one is much worse than the other.
cmon bro lol...one begets the other. it's institutional. corruption = bad. corruption = not good. corruption = unjust outcomes.

and the race issue is a whole other can of worms in and of itself. the victims of the corruption at high levels of elite educational institutions are of all races...because it's a result of plutocratic ideals.
+1   

7 days ago '18        #41
Illmatic826z 39 heat pts39
space
space
$860 | Props total: 3573 3573
This is a reminder that equality in America is a farce.

My Asian and African friends seem to understand it quite well
In college they worked their a*ses off

My homeboys from the Congo were like where Iím from we are taught that you have to work your a*s off to accompplish things becuase whateve you accomplish ppl will try to minimize, so the more accomplished you are the harder it is to minimize things.

Imo

What I hate most about this is that if an HBCU tried some sh*t like this the response would be OFF WITH THIER HEADS !

These rich folks did that and they already know at most they will get probation issue an apology pay a fine and then write a book about this
+1   

7 days ago '06        #42
bigkilla 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$7,502 | Props total: 14412 14412
They better crack down.

I posted the article about that school in Louisiana getting HS kids in at 100% acceptance rate.. I think the school was named TM Landry or some sh*t.

Now this sh*t.

College is legit looking like bullsh*t at all levels more and more every day.

You got the wealthy paying to get their kids in, the poor spending everything to get their kids in. Everyone from all levels getting paid.

Meanwhile most of their kids aren’t even prepared or just flat out can’t handle it.

sh*t is a joke.

7 days ago '15        #43
Teddy KGB 41 heat pts41
space
space
 acefresh said
cmon bro lol...one begets the other. it's institutional. corruption = bad. corruption = not good. corruption = unjust outcomes.

and the race issue is a whole other can of worms in and of itself. the victims of the corruption at high levels of elite educational institutions are of all races...because it's a result of plutocratic ideals.
I never considered the university system to be a complete meritocracy. Some athletes at my university could barely make it into a community college, but they could catch a football or dunk a basketball, so they get in. Some students have rich parents. It's not a big deal to me. Plenty of schools out there and if you're a good student you'll get in somewhere.

The point you are missing is that I suspect most of the reasoning for getting into elite schools are the opportunities after you graduate. Well, if a black man with better qualifications isn't getting the same opportunities as a white man with less qualifications, then the problem isn't that you didn't get into Harvard or Yale. The issue is that there is an institutional problem in corporate America.

I highly doubt that a kid who went to Stanford got any better of an education there than I did at UF. I also never met one good student who could not get into a good school. Not one. Only people who had problems were kids with low grades and test scores.

7 days ago '12        #44
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
I never considered the university system to be a complete meritocracy. Some athletes at my university could barely make it into a community college, but they could catch a football or dunk a basketball, so they get in. Some students have rich parents. It's not a big deal to me. Plenty of schools out there and if you're a good student you'll get in somewhere.

The point you are missing is that I suspect most of the reasoning for getting into elite schools are the opportunities after you graduate. Well, if a black man with better qualifications isn't getting the same opportunities as a white man with less qualifications, then the problem isn't that you didn't get into Harvard or Yale. The issue is that there is an institutional problem in corporate America.

I highly doubt that a kid who went to Stanford got any better of an education there than I did at UF. I also never met one good student who could not get into a good school. Not one. Only people who had problems were kids with low grades and test scores.
ok so you're covfefeing several different issues together:

1) The university system isn't a complete meritocracy....agreed. but isn't that the problem? If the shortcut is having money, and these elite institutions are the beacon of excellence, and the best jobs with the best starting pay packages go to these individuals in roles at the UN, in government, financial institutions, etc....isn't that a huge problem? isn't the point of these elite institutions to champion merit?

2) if a student has poor grades but has athletic ability, that's STILL merit based acceptance. The definition of merit is "the quality of being particularly good or worthy"...and isn't confined to academics. although I have seen some sh*t about how they give these college athletes bullsh*t courses and a free pass through education which is pathetic and they're robbing them of the education they NEED, simply because they can dunk a ball. so that's a whole different level of perversion in the NCAA.

3) Pay to play is outright corruption, using the dollar to put people in positions they don't deserve (i.e. POTUS having gone to Wharton)

4) The point of the primary reasoning for going to an elite school being better opportunities upon graduation has been the at the crux of my argument this entire time. In my first post I said these schools don't teach anything special...they select the most special and outstanding students to attend (or that's what they're supposed to do). That's what gives their alumni prestige. This process of purchasing entrance is third world sh*t. It's cheap, unethical, and fu*ks these institutions reputation up.

5) this isn't about good students going to good schools. this is about rich kids going to the best schools just because.

i don't get why this is so difficult for you to comprehend. this is wrong lol on every fu*king level. One of the bi*ches kids was set to get in based on a Crew scholarship...bi*ch hasn't rowed crew a day in her life. That's all good to you? what about the kid who actually rowed crew his entire academic career while maintaining an A+ average who won't get to go because that c*nt had a few hundred grand to throw around?
+3   

7 days ago '15        #45
Teddy KGB 41 heat pts41
space
space
 acefresh said
ok so you're covfefeing several different issues together:

1) The university system isn't a complete meritocracy....agreed. but isn't that the problem? If the shortcut is having money, and these elite institutions are the beacon of excellence, and the best jobs with the best starting pay packages go to these individuals in roles at the UN, in government, financial institutions, etc....isn't that a huge problem? isn't the point of these elite institutions to champion merit?

2) if a student has poor grades but has athletic ability, that's STILL merit based acceptance. The definition of merit is "the quality of being particularly good or worthy"...and isn't confined to academics. although I have seen some sh*t about how they give these college athletes bullsh*t courses and a free pass through education which is pathetic and they're robbing them of the education they NEED, simply because they can dunk a ball. so that's a whole different level of perversion in the NCAA.

3) Pay to play is outright corruption, using the dollar to put people in positions they don't deserve (i.e. POTUS having gone to Wharton)

4) The point of the primary reasoning for going to an elite school being better opportunities upon graduation has been the at the crux of my argument this entire time. In my first post I said these schools don't teach anything special...they select the most special and outstanding students to attend (or that's what they're supposed to do). That's what gives their alumni prestige. This process of purchasing entrance is third world sh*t. It's cheap, unethical, and fu*ks these institutions reputation up.

5) this isn't about good students going to good schools. this is about rich kids going to the best schools just because.

i don't get why this is so difficult for you to comprehend. this is wrong lol on every fu*king level. One of the bi*ches kids was set to get in based on a Crew scholarship...bi*ch hasn't rowed crew a day in her life. That's all good to you? what about the kid who actually rowed crew his entire academic career while maintaining an A+ average who won't get to go because that c*nt had a few hundred grand to throw around?
I don't think it's ok to fake the reasons why someone got in, such as the crew rowing you described. If someone pays to get in, just let it be that. I don't agree with lying and covering up. I definitely agree that is wrong. Maybe, I'm just around a bunch of lucky people, because I just don't remember anyone not getting into a good school when they were smart. I'd like to see data on good students getting rejected.

7 days ago '15        #46
Teddy KGB 41 heat pts41
space
space
 Standin Taller said
Colleges need to make money to stay open not give every student loans.
Facts

7 days ago '12        #47
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
I don't think it's ok to fake the reasons why someone got in, such as the crew rowing you described. If someone pays to get in, just let it be that. I don't agree with lying and covering up. I definitely agree that is wrong. Maybe, I'm just around a bunch of lucky people, because I just don't remember anyone not getting into a good school when they were smart. I'd like to see data on good students getting rejected.
so you agree this is wrong, just like i do....as does the FBI. And people who are smart and who get good grades do get into good schools as they should.

but again....this isn't about good students getting into good schools. it's about rich students getting into the best schools undeservingly as a result of financial status. i rest my case.

7 days ago '15        #48
Teddy KGB 41 heat pts41
space
space
 acefresh said
so you agree this is wrong, just like i do....as does the FBI. And people who are smart and who get good grades do get into good schools as they should.

but again....this isn't about good students getting into good schools. it's about rich students getting into the best schools undeservingly as a result of financial status. i rest my case.
I agree that lying and faking why they got in is wrong. I do not think that paying extra to get in is wrong. You are not entitled to attend a university. Itís their choice on who they let in and for what reasons. Just donít fake and lie about it.

7 days ago '12        #49
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
I agree that lying and faking why they got in is wrong. I do not think that paying extra to get in is wrong. You are not entitled to attend a university. It’s their choice on who they let in and for what reasons. Just don’t fake and lie about it.
So you’re one of those who has to get the last word and is allergic to concession huh. Well your opinion is illogical and underinformed at best. While no one is “entitled” to attending a particular university, obviously these scumbags felt their children are regardless of their performance. What was done by these rich folks isn’t only morally and ethically wrong, it’s illegal too, hence the federal indictments. Have a good night tho
+1   

7 days ago '15        #50
Teddy KGB 41 heat pts41
space
space
 acefresh said
So youíre one of those who has to get the last word and is allergic to concession huh. Well your opinion is illogical and underinformed at best. What was done by these rich folks isnít only morally and ethically wrong, itís illegal too, hence the federal indictments. Have a good night tho
I agreed with you on that. I wasnít trying to get in the last word. You made it seem as if I agreed with you on everything, and I just wanted to clear that up that I do not. I think you tried to sneak that in there as if I said something I did not.

Home      

most viewed right now
-99online now  54
She's built for S*x...Its all she has to offer
105 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+60online now  36
Image(s) inside Little boy sees his father without dreads for the first time
41 comments
20 hours ago