Mar 13 - FBI: Parents paid up to $6.5M for guaranteed admission

most viewed right now
63 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '05        #1
1404 page views
77 comments

phantomnation 3118 heat pts3118
space
space
$11,100 | Props total: 48336 48336
Mar 13 - FBI: Parents paid up to $6.5M for guaranteed admission

The massive criminal complaint made public Tuesday tells stories of bribery, phony test scores, made-up résumés and superimposed photos to “prove” that applicants are athletes when they aren’t. At least one of the cooperating witnesses in the case pleaded guilty to a number of serious federal charges, including racketeering conspiracy, money laundering conspiracy, conspiracy to defraud the United States and obstruction of justice. That sets this scandal apart.

Last edited by phantomnation; 03-13-2019 at 07:06 AM..
+14   

77 comments for "Mar 13 - FBI: Parents paid up to $6.5M for guaranteed admission"

2 weeks ago '18        #2
BlessupRas 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$115 | Props total: 500 500
 Standin Taller said
Now is people are cheating like this 2 get into medical school dental or law school......or whatever extra school stuff there is after college that would be a problem.

This sh*t.....not serious at all.
Your ignorance knows no bounds.
+13   

2 weeks ago '10        #3
Frasier 245 heat pts245
space
space
$18,740 | Props total: 9680 9680
 phantomnation said

The massive criminal complaint made public Tuesday tells stories of bribery, phony test scores, made-up résumés and superimposed photos to “prove” that applicants are athletes when they aren’t. At least one of the cooperating witnesses in the case pleaded guilty to a number of serious federal charges, including racketeering conspiracy, money laundering conspiracy, conspiracy to defraud the United States and obstruction of justice. That sets this scandal apart.

That isn't precisely why we need affirmative action. We don't need affirmative action. We need to weed out the cheaters in the system, and then allow kids who deserve to go to these colleges based on MERIT and MERIT alone, to go to college. The affirmative action that needs to occur, are providing people in less wealthy neighborhoods, the opportunity to learn as children so that they are intelligent enough to get into these schools based on MERIT and the content of their character NOT the color of their skin.

2 weeks ago '15        #4
Teddy KGB 42 heat pts42
space
space
$14,845 | Props total: 47069 47069
Whats the point of being rich if I can’t buy sh*t I want? Unless it’s a public school, I see nothing wrong with this.

2 weeks ago '05        #5
phantomnation 3118 heat pts3118 OP
space
space
$11,100 | Props total: 48336 48336

[tweet - click to view]

+18   

2 weeks ago '07        #6
DoctorNBA 53 heat pts53
space
space
$7,114 | Props total: 5714 5714
Damn bruh these ppl went hard. I didnt realize a college recruiter had that much pull. Follow the money trail tho. When ppl can hand u a 3 years salary for lying about their kid's athletic ability, this was bound to happen.

Same with those tennis matches being fixed. Those low level players dont make sh*t. Way more beneficial to allow your match to be fixed.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #7
Lord God 74 heat pts74
space
space
$4,470 | Props total: 21883 21883
 Teddy KGB said
Whats the point of being rich if I can’t buy sh*t I want? Unless it’s a public school, I see nothing wrong with this.

If you're wealthy, you have access to the best educators in the world.

I'll forever be surprised by the amount of people in this world willing to give rich people a pass for crimes solely because they have money.
+13   

2 weeks ago '15        #8
Teddy KGB 42 heat pts42
space
space
 Standin Taller said
Think one of the schools was Texas.

Can’t ur kids go to Florida based off ur name first? Or have an edge over other based off that soley?

If this is how people feel about those type of people in the op how far are they really gunna wanna take this.

Scholarships grants loans or straight up cash.

What school ain’t taken cash first?
I doubt that UF would give my kids any preference on admission based upon the fact that I went there. I’m just a regular alumnus. I’m sure it doesn’t hurt, but I doubt that my name carries much clout with them. If you give huge donations, I suspect it would matter, but I might throw them $100 every few years at best.

I wouldn’t even be mad at them if they took the cash from a lesser student to let them in. Everyone got bills to pay.

2 weeks ago '15        #9
Teddy KGB 42 heat pts42
space
space
 Lord God said

I'll forever be surprised by the amount of people in this world willing to give rich people a pass for crimes solely because they have money.
Is it really a crime? I was a good high school student, so I had no worries and got into every school I applied to with academic scholarships offered. As long as you take care of business in school, you’ll be fine. These rich kids aren’t taking spots from anyone.

2 weeks ago '05        #10
blah blah blah 97 heat pts97
space
space
$30,402 | Props total: 42676 42676
 Standin Taller said
What the big deal? Of of 3000 freshman maybe ten of them had their parents pay under the table some way?

The whole world that cares knows d-rose ain’t take his SATs.......Oh fu*kin well
Yea I agree, who cares?

The rich buy their way through everything, who’s suprised/cares? Not like any of these low IQ boxden losers were going to any of those schools

2 weeks ago '12        #11
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
$9,692 | Props total: 33216 33216
 Teddy KGB said
Is it really a crime? I was a good high school student, so I had no worries and got into every school I applied to with academic scholarships offered. As long as you take care of business in school, you’ll be fine. These rich kids aren’t taking spots from anyone.
you're missing the point. the reason those schools are the most coveted in the world is the ADMISSIONS process....not what they teach. they don't offer any special knowledge that other state and local colleges don't offer. Their professors are better, sure...but at the end of the day the reason kids who graduate from these schools are at the top of the pecking order is because they come from colleges that are nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get into.

so if you compromise that process of screening for the best of the best and unfairly admit kids regardless of qualification, you have highly overestimated talent in every respect being given prominent positions......like...for example...fu*king POTUS.

this sh*t is fu*ked up on many levels
+4   

2 weeks ago '15        #12
Teddy KGB 42 heat pts42
space
space
 Standin Taller said
Think one of the schools was Texas.

Can’t ur kids go to Florida based off ur name first? Or have an edge over other based off that soley?

If this is how people feel about those type of people in the op how far are they really gunna wanna take this.

Scholarships grants loans or straight up cash.

What school ain’t taken cash first?
I just Googled it out of curiosity, and it seems that me being an alumnus actually does hold more weight than I thought. I’m glad you brought that up. My kids might benefit from it. I always a*sumed they’d laugh in my kids face if they tried to claim legacy status based upon me attending. I hope my kids go to a more prestigious school than I did, though. I love UF, but I want my kids to go to a Duke level reputation school or better.

2 weeks ago '07        #13
Damagegadget 495 heat pts495
space
space
$39,610 | Props total: 25485 25485
Yall really think george bush was qualified for yale lol
+9   

2 weeks ago '04        #14
erickonasis 22 heat pts22
space
space
$31,500 | Props total: 31055 31055
what a waste of money....
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #15
Teddy KGB 42 heat pts42
space
space
 acefresh said
you're missing the point. the reason those schools are the most coveted in the world is the ADMISSIONS process....not what they teach. they don't offer any special knowledge that other state and local colleges don't offer. Their professors are better, sure...but at the end of the day the reason kids who graduate from these schools are at the top of the pecking order is because they come from colleges that are nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get into.

so if you compromise that process of screening for the best of the best and unfairly admit kids regardless of qualification, you have highly overestimated talent in every respect being given prominent positions......like...for example...fu*king POTUS.

this sh*t is fu*ked up on many levels
If you take care of business in high school, you have nothing to worry about. I have plenty of friends/family who went to elite colleges with no money or family name to speak of. I got in everywhere I applied. Don’t leave it up to chance. Get good grades, take honors/AP classes, and do well on the SAT/ACT and they will not only let you in, but they will pay for you to go there. They fund these scholarships partially from money they get from these unqualified rich kids.

2 weeks ago '12        #16
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Standin Taller said
Colleges need to make money to stay open not give every student loans.

Ima take the risk of tuition right here and now over 30 yrs of paying off a student loan.

We gotta get scholarships and grant 2 even really have a serious shot at those type of schools anyways.

Makin 2 much out of this based on color.

That’s where we different. Wealthy black parents doin this I ain’t trippin but u will.......
dude shut the fu*k up lol i don't have time for trolls. these colleges involved have some of the biggest endowment funds in the world. you don't know what you're talking about. don't even reply just keep it moving waste someone else's time.
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #17
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
If you take care of business in high school, you have nothing to worry about. I have plenty of friends/family who went to elite colleges with no money or family name to speak of. I got in everywhere I applied. Don’t leave it up to chance. Get good grades, take honors/AP classes, and do well on the SAT/ACT and they will not only let you in, but they will pay for you to go there. They fund these scholarships partially from money they get from these unqualified rich kids.

"taking care of business" lol these colleges barely entertain students who aren't valedictorians or salutatorians. that's 2 individuals out of any graduating class of any size...and even of those some get rejected. and to say that all u gotta do is throw money at em and all those standards go out of the window is a slap in the face of every one of those kids who tried getting in with pristine grades and extra curricular activities, sports...actual well rounded students who "took care of business"

2 weeks ago '12        #18
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Standin Taller said
U just pissy cuz it’s rich white people.

Where’s that energy for black people that can’t even read but graduate fu*kin college.

They fa sho had help under the table gettin into school
i never mentioned race once. this isn't about race. go play in traffic.

2 weeks ago '15        #19
Teddy KGB 42 heat pts42
space
space
 acefresh said
"taking care of business" lol these colleges barely entertain students who aren't valedictorians or salutatorians. that's 2 individuals out of any graduating class of any size...and even of those some get rejected. and to say that all u gotta do is throw money at em and all those standards go out of the window is a slap in the face of every one of those kids who tried getting in with pristine grades and extra curricular activities, sports...actual well rounded students who "took care of business"
I’ve seen much different results in real life than what you are describing. I got two cousins that are siblings who grew up very poor and went to Stanford and Berkeley respectively. I got another middle class friend who went to Duke. My sister did some grad school coursework at Harvard. I got offered an overseas study opportunity at Cambridge. All these people I just described are black Haitian-Americans. I had a regular buddy in the Army go to Wharton (U Penn)for his MBA. Knew a complete idiot who went to Dartmouth.

Not sure where you are getting your facts from.

2 weeks ago '12        #20
OldBusiness 176 heat pts176
space
space
$28,661 | Props total: 48152 48152
 Frasier said
That isn't precisely why we need affirmative action. We don't need affirmative action. We need to weed out the cheaters in the system, and then allow kids who deserve to go to these colleges based on MERIT and MERIT alone, to go to college. The affirmative action that needs to occur, are providing people in less wealthy neighborhoods, the opportunity to learn as children so that they are intelligent enough to get into these schools based on MERIT and the content of their character NOT the color of their skin.
Affirmative action was a ploy to make people of color think they were getting something.

The trick was/is the government classifies Caucasian women as minorities so damn near 80% of anything affirmative action did? It did it for caucasian woman.

Just the USA fu*king over it's people once again.
+6   

2 weeks ago '12        #21
OldBusiness 176 heat pts176
space
space
$28,661 | Props total: 48152 48152
 Lord God said

It's amazing how the poor/middle class in this country do everything they can to GIVE those with more than them an easier life

They go so hard for the privileged few who dont need anything lol
+4   

2 weeks ago '12        #22
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
I’ve seen much different results in real life than what you are describing. I got two cousins that are siblings who grew up very poor and went to Stanford and Berkeley respectively. I got another middle class friend who went to Duke. My sister did some grad school coursework at Harvard. I got offered an overseas study opportunity at Cambridge. All these people I just described are black Haitian-Americans. I had a regular buddy in the Army go to Wharton (U Penn)for his MBA. Knew a complete idiot who went to Dartmouth.

Not sure where you are getting your facts from.
they have minority quotas as well where the other academic standards are underweighed. i'm not saying i'm an expert in ivy league admissions. but to say "This payment under the table to get underqualified kids in is all good" is the height of stupidity, if not for any other fact that simply that these colleges names carry tremendous weight because they're supposed to represent excellence. The fact that we have a dogsh*t president dumber than a bag of rocks who "graduated" from Wharton thanks to these very practices....should be beyond enough to rest your case before it rises. but carry on
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #23
Teddy KGB 42 heat pts42
space
space
 acefresh said
they have minority quotas as well where the other academic standards are underweighed. i'm not saying i'm an expert in ivy league admissions. but to say "This payment under the table to get underqualified kids in is all good" is the height of stupidity, if not for any other fact that simply that these colleges names carry tremendous weight because they're supposed to represent excellence. The fact that we have a dogsh*t president dumber than a bag of rocks who "graduated" from Wharton thanks to these very practices....should be beyond enough to rest your case before it rises. but carry on
Their money does good things for universities that you aren’t thinking about. New buildings, facilities, research, scholarships, etc... Without donations and payoffs by the wealthy, the system would likely collapse.

2 weeks ago '12        #24
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
Their money does good things for universities that you aren’t thinking about. New buildings, facilities, research, scholarships, etc... Without donations and payoffs by the wealthy, the system would likely collapse.
And you think these spoiled rich kids getting in through financial influence doesn't take away from the actually qualified kids? and that's ok?

Because the money is useful?

They get paid out the a*s from their students who don't get scholarships. And get donations from alumni. They don't need this underhanded practice to keep the lights on or keep research going.
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #25
Teddy KGB 42 heat pts42
space
space
 acefresh said
And you think these spoiled rich kids getting in through financial influence doesn't take away from the actually qualified kids? and that's ok?

Because the money is useful?

They get paid out the a*s from their students who don't get scholarships. And get donations from alumni. They don't need this underhanded practice to keep the lights on or keep research going.
I have better education and qualifications than pretty much all the VPs in my company. It doesn’t matter as much as you think it does. The bigger problem is what happens to black people once you get to corporate America. I know white guys with communications degrees from East South West Alabama A&M Technical State College, who came from a poor background, and yet they still get more opportunities than blacks with high powered degrees from major universities.

So no... I don’t think it’s a big deal. The corruption in the workplace is the larger problem.
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+46online now  51
Busting big nuts on this Big Butt
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+34online now  49
Image(s) inside Mar 24 - Man spikes coworkers’ drinks with LSD to change their ‘negati..
121 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+28online now  46
I let it soak in but "Us" wasn't it.
166 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  17
Paper work of Casanova 2x snitching surfaces