Mar 10 - $15 Minimum Wage Laws Are Wiping Out Jobs in New York and Illinois

most viewed right now
+36  84
84 comments @sports
most viewed right now
-85  70
104 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '13        #101
Murker99 89 heat pts89
space
space
$5,463 | Props total: 4336 4336
 shawntitan said
Itís funny, lot of the Mexicans in Jersey have Texas plates... must be fleeing Texas.
Could be

1 week ago '19        #102
alwaysworking 1 heat pts
space
space
$43 | Props total: 48 48
Iím all for the minimum wage raise, but as a business owner. This is something that should be slowly raised over the years. For example $1 per year until the $15 is reached. Expect jobs to become harder, company mindset is well if Iím giving them more money , Iíll give them more work. Now that Kane is doing the work of two people we can fire Able. Another issue is this. Karen works for ďgeneric companyĒ . She has been with the company 10 years, started at $8 and just made it to $17 and hour. John just started at $15 dollars an hour Karenís salary wonít be adjusted to reflect the new ďminimum wageĒ. Oh btw Karen is in management and John pushes carts. See the problem? I did when i worked for a certain bank and new employees were starting for more than some managers made currently. Imagine making more than your boss. Sounds cool but wonít work in the end. Again Iím all for the raise of minimum wage, but phase it in over time . Not overnight!
+3   

1 week ago '18        #103
Turfaholic3 
space
space
space
$1,155 | Props total: 4342 4342
 OWPE said
People are fleeing new york like never before
Yup. Im meeting hella New York Lyft drivers in Vegas.

1 week ago '07        #104
MOTTAFOOKAH 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,911 | Props total: 1712 1712
 Aztlan said
Make it the federal minimum wage. Motherfu*kers won't have nowhere to run.

People are losing their jobs because execs don't wanna give up their bonuses and companies wanna fatten their war chests. That's fu*ked up.

If paying people a livable wage is not sustainable, what does that say about capitalism and the cost of living in this country?
Just more of an incentive to automate quicker...

1 week ago '18        #105
CTisGoat 22 heat pts22
space
space
$996 | Props total: 2069 2069
 MOTTAFOOKAH said
Not much of 1, its coming anyway and paying robots 0>7.15 or w.e minium wage we talking about.

1 week ago '14        #106
Soaring Seagull 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,408 | Props total: 6234 6234
 Fortune said
I feel you, but human error doesn't equal bad customer service

in fact, human error is one of your greatest opportunities to have an extremely loyal customer who will bring you more business. it is all about either how the person who committed the error handles it, or how management handles it. if you do it properly they will have endlessly about how well they were treated even when something bad intitially happened.

also machines are very prone to error as well. ever went to an ATM and it was completely offline? have you ever called somewhere and they only had the automated, button prompt, customer service nbr -- that couldn't seem to understand you no matter what? remember how irritated you were you couldn't speak to a person lol?

I'm not one of the people who are anti corporation so I don't have negative feelings towards big business.

so let's say that 15 is the minimum, now multiply that times maybe a hundred thousand workers of that position. that's a lot of money biz wise.

next you will inenevitably have to pay ppl in higher psotions more, because who wants more responsibility at just a fraction of a pay increase?

now some people will say well high those big guys in the suits are making millions they could take less

why? because its the "right" thing to do? by who's definition of right? who are they to say?

mental work is extremely draining and the entire operation wouldn't exist without you. it's a manifestation of your mind. they are not easily replaceable either. I don't see a prob with ppl higher up the ladder being paid that way.

and the small business owners would be crunched the most by this.

either way homie, much respect. Good convo
Fell asleep homie. But I always enjoy a good conversation
+1   

1 week ago '14        #107
Soaring Seagull 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,408 | Props total: 6234 6234
 Strong Side Iso said
I don't "expect" people to make anything. I don't rationalize things starting from that point.

A person needs to make enough for their life situation, regardless of what that situation is. If you aren't making enough for your life situation, your first reaction shouldn't be "they" aren't paying me enough or they're doing my life wrong lol.

Waiting for a minimum wage hike is a passive approach to a real problem. What are you doing to mitigate it? Waiting for that minimum wage hike is not the productive way to meet your problem. There's gotta be an upward path in your crosshairs.
I feel that. It just doesn't match capitalism my dude. If there's a rich there will always be a poor. That's why it has to be regulated.
+1   

1 week ago '14        #108
Bigboi781 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$4,130 | Props total: 3224 3224
 Aztlan said
Make it the federal minimum wage. Motherfu*kers won't have nowhere to run.

People are losing their jobs because execs don't wanna give up their bonuses and companies wanna fatten their war chests. That's fu*ked up.

If paying people a livable wage is not sustainable, what does that say about capitalism and the cost of living in this country?
This affects small businesses the most tf. Some straight morons on this sites.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #109
ishVicious 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$895 | Props total: 2004 2004
DC has had $15 minimum wage for 2 years. That only equates to a 8-900 dollar paycheck after taxes. Youíre still struggling to make ends meet out here with that. Minimum wage should help you get the basic of human needs. Living space, food, and dependable transportation whether itís bus, Train or car.

Minimum wage currently keeps the poor class poor/struggling derailing some from trying to accomplish goals of better situations by forcing them to work more then 40 hours and try to go learn a trade/go to school. Itís borderline impossible.
+2   

1 week ago '16        #110
Brucebaner2 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,051 | Props total: 3798 3798
 PolygonMafia said
Lol. Yah thatís whatís k*lling the economy - paying people a living wage.

All this talk of what the least earning survive off of, but no mention of what we should consider a maximum earning while we have people who are starving or working more than 40 hours a week to make ends meet.

This isnít what the fu*king minimum wage was for. It was supposed to be a point of pride that a single earner family could prosper in this country... or at least it was for a while thanks to our prosperity post-WW2. Now we sh*t on the people who make up this country by-and-large (the ever-shrinking Ďmiddle classí - quickly turning into just a low and high earning caste system every day) because we let capitalist oligarchy go run amok. Now weíre reaping what the rich sowed. Discontent amongst the peasants to distract from the king while he is bleeding them dry.

Having a more robust middle class and less billionaires/multi-millionaires is one of the only ways our economy is going to keep going without just fu*king everyone having to keep up fosr the ever-rising cost of living and inflation.
It doesnt appear that NYC is running into a shortage of the wealthy. Its apparent NYC is now a city of the wealthy. I'm not sure how you beat this without a violent uprising.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #111
Aztlan 108 heat pts108
space
space
$12,342 | Props total: 32667 32667
 JJH35 said
So a "living wage" in every state across the USA is $15/hour? You have appropriately determined that to be livable in all states across the US?
San Francisco and NYC are the only two places where you could argue it should be higher.

1 week ago '16        #112
Aztlan 108 heat pts108
space
space
 d*ckhead said
Did you read the article? Big business doesnt get hurt by this. They can afford to pay more. Its family-owned businesses with small profitmargins that get fu*ked. And they arent 'running' from it. Theyre closing. So business owners are out of business and their employees are out of work.

The craziest part is that in California, restaurant staff are required to make minimum wage BEFORE tips. So waiters who were bagging $30+ an hour after tips, much of it untaxed, are now out of work.

If you have such a problem with capitalism, you can go eat rats with my cousins in Cuba.
Not worried about small business. The market will adjust.

In regrds to you final comment, I could also go to a northern European country and live a life of leisure

1 week ago '16        #113
Aztlan 108 heat pts108
space
space
 MOTTAFOOKAH said
I dont mind it though. Force people to seek a higher education, whether a college degree or trade school. And whoever is left working minimum wage would be considered "essential staff."

Last edited by Aztlan; 03-11-2019 at 04:43 AM..

1 week ago '16        #114
Aztlan 108 heat pts108
space
space
 Bigboi781 said
This affects small businesses the most tf. Some straight morons on this sites.
Again, not worried about small business. The market will adjust.

1 week ago '18        #115
CTisGoat 22 heat pts22
space
space
$996 | Props total: 2069 2069
 Aztlan said
Candidate Andrew Yang is running on regulating and preventing mass automation.
no hes not...

[video - click to view]

Last edited by CTisGoat; 03-11-2019 at 04:40 AM..

1 week ago '04        #116
qutaboi225 55 heat pts55
space
space
$5,455 | Props total: 11562 11562
 Gold Face said
Boxden commie gang doesnít know how business works

Bottom line > employee satisfaction

Employee satisfaction canít keep the lights on

So if you make record profits, i.e 11 BILLION, and pay no taxes on them, then taking a fraction of those profits to help employees make a livable wage is communism and fu*ks up the bottom line? You n*ggas and this trolling fu*king up the whole flow of this site. fu*k man........
+3   

1 week ago '16        #117
Strong Side Iso 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,256 | Props total: 12608 12608
 Class of 2017 said
If you commit 40 hours of your life a week to doing a job, you shouldnt be struggling to survive or living with the everyday anxiety that if your car breaks down you could be homeless. I dont give a fu*k what you do, the world needs ditch diggers too.
If you're working ANY amount of hrs and struggling, YOU'VE got to mitigate that. Its nobody else's responsibility.

If you realize that working that job isn't the right decision for you and your family, you shouldn't be talking to some politician about a minimum wage hike. You should be talking to someone about a new job or a second job. Or about taking classes, learning a trade, some upward path. Gotta attack it head on instead of at the rear.

If you got a woman in your life and she's into you and wants to know your goals, how you gonna tell her, "I'll wait until they up the minimum wage."

1 week ago '07        #118
Funeral James 26 heat pts26
space
space
$16,923 | Props total: 1077 1077
 Aztlan said
Right.

Improve traffic and slow down rent hikes.
they might even put a walmart up if this is the case fr
+1   

1 week ago '10        #119
killinemsoftly 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,620 | Props total: 2047 2047
Stop with the cashiers should make pennies logic. If you work full time you should be able to afford gas money. Thereís people trying to get out of those low level jobs and canít because you canít buy food and pay tuition off 8.25 an hour. Yíall complaining about this bs wage increase and Iím happy for the people who need it.
+4   

1 week ago '16        #120
Aztlan 108 heat pts108
space
space
 CTisGoat said
no hes not...

You're right. I completely botched his platform on automation.

1 week ago '06        #121
mikeydooodie 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,975 | Props total: 308 308
 CTisGoat said
Exactly...

And to a diff extent that is waht Amazon does. They go lower then their competitors for the same product. Put them out of business, when they are out of business they raise the price.

They also enjoy all the tax breaks in the world, but we are evil for asking them to pay their employees a living wage....

Sad how the rich has bamboozled the world.
Itís the ĎAmerican dreamí as George Carlin said itís called that because youíd have to be asleep to believe it
+3   

1 week ago '13        #122
AHernsGun 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,399 | Props total: 1547 1547
Read up retards.

[pic - click to view]

+13   

1 week ago '09        #123
NoHope 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,056 | Props total: 1938 1938
These doom and gloom stories, I don't trust. Plenty of jobs out there if you on your grind.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #124
Rainhands 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$537 | Props total: 2629 2629
You can claim this job doesn't deserve a living wage, and that job doesn't deserve a living wage, and if they wanted a better life they should have went to college blah blah blah.

At the end of the day the rich owners of these businesses depend on the bottom level people to keep things running afloat. Just as those of higher wages benefit, somebody needs to pour your coffee. And nobody works for free. We all gotta live. So if a wage/salary doesn't meet the minimum standard of living then it needs to be raised or the job needs the chop. Simple.

Last edited by Rainhands; 03-11-2019 at 06:36 AM..
+6   

1 week ago '17        #125
one il matt 56 7 heat pts
space
space
$569 | Props total: 3991 3991
 PolygonMafia said
Lol. Yah thatís whatís k*lling the economy - paying people a living wage.

All this talk of what the least earning survive off of, but no mention of what we should consider a maximum earning while we have people who are starving or working more than 40 hours a week to make ends meet.

This isnít what the fu*king minimum wage was for. It was supposed to be a point of pride that a single earner family could prosper in this country... or at least it was for a while thanks to our prosperity post-WW2. Now we sh*t on the people who make up this country by-and-large (the ever-shrinking Ďmiddle classí - quickly turning into just a low and high earning caste system every day) because we let capitalist oligarchy go run amok. Now weíre reaping what the rich sowed. Discontent amongst the peasants to distract from the king while he is bleeding them dry.

Having a more robust middle class and less billionaires/multi-millionaires is one of the only ways our economy is going to keep going without just fu*king everyone having to keep up for the ever-rising cost of living and inflation.
Why are you giving thoughtful and nuanced opinions to BX economists?

American oligarchies thrive b/c the false notion of the ďAmerican dreamĒ

Meaning if you work hard enough you can join their club

They donít want normies being rich, stoopids. Thatís why they shift blame to minorities and social safety net programs. And people fall for it

+5   

Home      

most viewed right now
+56online now  39
Image(s) inside Little boy sees his father without dreads for the first time
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  37
Google Stadia
119 comments