Mar 10 - Proposed Alabama Law Would Require A Drug Test Before Receiving Food Stamps

most viewed right now
+36  84
84 comments @sports
most viewed right now
-85  70
104 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '14        #76
Bigboi781 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$4,130 | Props total: 3224 3224
 Soprano ATL said
That's why instead of this bullsh*t, they should do something different. How about requiring a job with at least 30 hours a week. If no job, you must spend 30 hours doing volunteer work/community service/job training/school to receive benefits. If you don't hit 30 hours per week +-10 for the month, you don't get your benefits.
Exactly. Dudes here trying to argue ďthey have a job, they just canít afford to get offĒ. Working at mcdonalds is not trying to get off welfare. Having more kids when you canít afford it isnít trying to get off welfare. Flossing a Michael kors bag or getting your kid the newest stuff when you got food stamps isnít trying to get off.

1 week ago '14        #77
Bigboi781 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 hbk83 said
This
All facts.
I remember offering to get my ex cousin a job. Told her she would make twice as much as she is being paid. She would just need to pay for a sitter but she would still have more money in the end. Chick was like nope. That was 5 years ago. She still donít work and gets free government a*sistance.
She wouldnít be making as much with the new job. Remember, her tax return would be massive because she works a low paying job and has a kid. Plus if her pay goes up too high, she stops getting a*sistance aka free housing and free food.

1 week ago '07        #78
yolaboy 188 heat pts188
space
space
$5,478 | Props total: 11058 11058

When people imagine welfare recipients, research indicates that they often imagine lazy, Black Americans who are perpetually dependent on government a*sistance. In the present work, we investigate the last a*sumptionóperpetual dependence. We hypothesize that providing information about recipientsí ability to obtain financial independence may reduce racial biases in support for welfare policies. In Study 1, when given no information about recipientsí ability to obtain independence, White participants reported less support for the program and a greater desire to monitor recipient spending, when the majority of recipients were Black (vs. White). However, learning that most recipients gained independence (i.e., they obtained jobs and exited the program) eliminated or reversed these racial biasesóan effect a*sociated with reduced negative work ethic stereotypes of welfare recipients (Study 2). We conclude that perceived independence of welfare recipients may shift work ethic stereotypes and increase support for welfare policies, regardless of recipient race.

1 week ago '06        #79
Skateboard T 49 heat pts49
space
space
$25,011 | Props total: 38406 38406
 hbk83 said
That doesnít work either. In states where they have rehab programs drugs are just as bad. People game that system as well, because number 1 Black People still get sent to prison. Only a certain color benefits from it but then they get out and keep using because they know they are going to a rehab program and not jail. 2nd , you canít really help a drug abuser that much except going cold turkey in prison and it costs less too. As long as drugs are around people will keep using. Heard several junkies say they rather get high then have s*x. For those who never did heavy drugs. Could you not have s*x for the rest of your life ? Atleast with these laws we arenít paying for them anymore.
That's actually almost all wrong.

1. giving police the authority to divert to rehab stops non-addicts from gaming drug courts because they don't even wind up in drug courts and don't have any sort of criminal record, so failing out of rehab doesn't come with criminal penalties like it does in drug court.

2. Incarcerating a prisoner costs WAY more than a state implemented rehab program.

3. With these laws, the individuals still game the system and so we ARE in fact still paying for them...AND paying more for the drug testing.

So...
+1   

1 week ago '17        #80
TheLastNonEarth 107 heat pts107
space
space
$9,394 | Props total: 49468 49468
 OldBusiness said
They're to stupid fam.

They dont realize were bringing up information from the actual government. Im Not being nice to the willfully ignorant anymore lol

They're to stupid to realize if we put these people to work, and no longer had to subsidize their benefits

OUR TAXES WOULD GO DOWN ALSO. Everyone wins

Yeah. They hate the poor and love the wealthy it seems. I'm just confused about how anyone thinks you can survive on snap, or even a combination of snap and section 8 alone. How do they expect them to buy clothes or other items that require cash? Not to mention, the welfare restrictions are tighter than ever. Trump just signed an executive order last year that got rid of multiple exemptions. Any of the alleged welfare queen cousins that have been mentioned in this thread are outliers:

+1   

1 week ago '06        #81
space
space
 Bigboi781 said
My step mother works with people on welfare and government a*sistance. There are certain loopholes that allow people to get free housing and free food especially when you have kids so stop acting like you know what youíre talking about.
My man, it's called empirical evidence. There have been a variety of studies done that literally show the majority (a large majority) of welfare recipients work multiple jobs. The handful of people your mother sees doesn't refute that evidence. Sure there are people who game the system, but they're few and far between. It's been proven by scientific analysis.
+1   

1 week ago '06        #82
space
space
 slim_d20 said
The connection is that you are trying to make arguments based on some type of morality code that doesn't exist. Whatever you have said in this thread can easily be countered by the exact opposite argument.
Yeah that's a bunch of gibberish that doesn't actually mean anything or refute anything I've said.

1 week ago '19        #83
StuGotz 10 heat pts10
space
space
$880 | Props total: 4723 4723
 Gold Face said
Itís sad that yíall liberals are so soft you canít look a human in the face and say whatís it gonna be drugs or food boss. Your choice you a full grown adult

Youíre an idiot but I actually agree with this, letís stop feeling bad for junkies

1 week ago '17        #84
space
space
 Skateboard T said
Yeah that's a bunch of gibberish that doesn't actually mean anything or refute anything I've said.

They'll ignore this and provide a subjective story as a rebuttal.

Man, thats nonsense, my Auntie Reneeta didn't want to get off of food stamps. I'm not sure why y'all don't think most of these folks are lazy based off the evidence of my 1 auntie...

It's pointless. The lack of logic in this day and age frightens me. All of these people can vote too. Damnnn
+1   

1 week ago '14        #85
Bigboi781 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Skateboard T said
My man, it's called empirical evidence. There have been a variety of studies done that literally show the majority (a large majority) of welfare recipients work multiple jobs. The handful of people your mother sees doesn't refute that evidence. Sure there are people who game the system, but they're few and far between. It's been proven by scientific analysis.
You still donít get it. Working multiple crap jobs doesnít mean youíre trying to get out of welfare

1 week ago '12        #86
OldBusiness 176 heat pts176
space
space
$28,623 | Props total: 47984 47984
 Bigboi781 said
You still donít get it. Working multiple crap jobs doesnít mean youíre trying to get out of welfare
You still dont get it.

You literally have no evidence to back up the claim that people arent trying to get out of welfare.

We've been hitting you with stats and facts from the US government AND from the very states that have tried drug testing and all of that data demolishes your point of view.

By your logic if 100k people walked into a store, and your cousins auntie sisters cousin said 4 of them stole something...then all 100k of those people are thieves

Here's a sidenote for your dumbass: America currently subsidizes programs for countries like Israel & South Korea where their citizens not only get welfare, but they also get job training and some even full rides through college/university . You're literally sh*tting on the idea of a*sisting people in your community while being ignorant to the fact that we as a country do this for other people around the world already.

Yall hate America and you're to dumb to even know the sh*t.
+2   

1 week ago '18        #87
Proffesor X 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,402 | Props total: 12581 12581
 Skateboard T said
Waste of resources. People game these systems all the time and the drug testing companies make billions. Meanwhile, the "problem" you thought you were solving isn't solved at all.

You want to get people off drugs? Allow police to divert to rehab instead of jail, create drug courts in every county and every federal district .
Wonder would they make all those CEO's who get billions in "incentives: to take those same test for welfare,.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #88
QdobaCasanova 12 heat pts12
space
space
$8,998 | Props total: 25414 25414
 Bigboi781 said
Who tf mentioned anything about race? You sound like an idiot. My family works with people on welfare. My family has taken care of children with their moms on welfare. You can work at McDonalds, that doesnít mean youíre trying to get off welfare.Welfare has too many loopholes that makes it easy to get free money. If you donít get this, you just simply are naive

Just because youíre working doesnít mean youíre working to get off welfare

[pic - click to view]

1 week ago '11        #89
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,385 | Props total: 7485 7485
 slim_d20 said
I'm a government employee and before that 5 years as a military contractor and before that a member of the USAF. I've been drug tested multiple times per year in order to receive my job and benefits and security clearance. Government employees already get drug tested AND they actually work for what they get instead of sitting around waiting for SNAP.
Either Congress shouldnt have brought it up, or they should be subject to the same rules. Cant have it both ways.

Congress is saying drug test people who receive public a*sistance (fine with you). But if I say to drug test Congress, you have a whole serious issue about how you and everyone you know is drug tested...so we shouldnt argue about it. Clearly some issues there.

1 week ago '06        #90
space
space
 Bigboi781 said
You still don’t get it. Working multiple crap jobs doesn’t mean you’re trying to get out of welfare
It doesn't mean you're mooching of the system either...what's your point? You want recipients to work, they work. The reason we have welfare is because somebody has to do those low paying jobs, but we admit that those low paying jobs don't pay enough. So we say "hey thanks for doing that low paying job, here's money for food because we know you don't make sh*t".
+1   

1 week ago '18        #91
Proffesor X 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,402 | Props total: 12581 12581
 Skateboard T said
It doesn't mean you're mooching of the system either...what's your point? You want recipients to work, they work. The reason we have welfare is because somebody has to do those low paying jobs, but we admit that those low paying jobs don't pay enough. So we say "hey thanks for doing that low paying job, here's money for food because we know you don't make sh*t".
Never understood why people get mad at others for getting food stamps. My mother in law gets 130 a month...and me and my wife make good money...but if you think Im turning down 130 in free food...you got me fu*ked up. We use that add 150 and we good for the month...hustle smarter not harder...

n*ggas mad cause people gaming the same system that games all of us everyday....
+1   

1 week ago '04        #92
nwking 58 heat pts58
space
space
$4,368 | Props total: 5452 5452
I care more about single parents who actually need SNAP being denied or people who don't need it gaming the system to get it. Maybe Resources should be focused on those two things
+1   

1 week ago '15        #93
RIPrjacks23 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,569 | Props total: 5807 5807
 Sphynx said
This is one of those laws that laws that will pass because in their minds it feels like they'll be further hurting communities of color when it reality it'll be methed out, barefoot, walmart dwellers who suffer most
100% this, they so damn stupid..
+1   

1 week ago '04        #94
Chokeabiish 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,967 | Props total: 392 392
money could be better spent on better things. at minimum a deeper background check for a person wanting to buy a gun or better yet a team of people to investigate and charge the ceos of companies fu*king all of us.

1 week ago '05        #95
slim_d20 21 heat pts21
space
space
$5,736 | Props total: 6999 6999
 TheLastNonEarth said

Most people on SNAP work. We should ask them how they feel about their tax dollars being spent on people who don't care about their own health (them):

[pic - click to view]

Another interesting point is that SNAP costs nowhere near the amount of money to individual tax payers that people a*sume it does... It's funny that I've yet to hear anyone complain about corporate welfare (subsidies)

[pic - click to view]

what does anything you are saying have to do with the fact that they are drug addicts?

1 week ago '17        #96
space
space
 slim_d20 said
what does anything you are saying have to do with the fact that they are drug addicts?
Who's a drug addict? The .002% of drug abusers on snap they catch everytime they try this bullshyt?

Maybe the .002% also pay taxes as well. That's who I think we should ask about the program.

[pic - click to view]

1 week ago '14        #97
Mutant Boy 143 heat pts143
space
space
$26,568 | Props total: 19110 19110
 Gold Face said
Itís sad that yíall liberals are so soft you canít look a human in the face and say whatís it gonna be drugs or food boss. Your choice you a full grown adult
This. These people are mind blowing lmao

6 days ago '19        #98
Mr Insecurity 
space
space
space
$8 | Props total: 6 6
 Yung Dilla said
If this pass it'll spread like Wild fire. This is hella unconstitutional tho
Florida passed a measure in 2011 that would require welfare recipients to have to pass a drug screening. A federal judge put it on hold in 2012 after the ACLU filed a lawsuit and the law was struck down in 2013 (mandatory drug testing was considered to be unconstitutional). Mandatory drug testing of anyone (including welfare recipients) without probable cause violates the constitutional prohibition against unreasonable searches and seizures.

Alabama seems to be trying to get around this by saying that they'll only test those who raise some level of suspicion, but what will that standard be? "He looks kinda high....let's test him" or will it simply be, "he's Black and poor...let's test him"?

Further, during the time that the Florida law was in effect, the had a "hit" rate of 2.6% (and most of that was for weed). That's FAR below the national average for drug use (surveys suggest that about 9% of people 12 and older have used illicit drugs).

And there really wasn't a quick spread (like "wildfire") of states adopting this policy. I mean, if was going to spread..it's been 8 years since Florida tried this...we'd see it in all 50 states by now, right?

I think that one of the major problems was that -- despite the fact that the idea was promoted on the idea that it would save Floridians money -- it actually COST the state more money in the end.

The Florida law required that the person being forced to take the test, pay for the test...BUT...if they passed the test, they would be reimbursed for that fee. At about $30 per test, the state had to reimburse $118,140 to folks who passed the test. That was was MORE than the amount of money they would have paid to the people tho FAILED the drug tests.

As a result, the testing cost actually cost the government an extra $45,780. And that was only over a few months. That number would be in the millions if that program had been allowed to continue.

This really was a solution looking for a problem (and it was an opportunity for some folks to make a whole lotta money from administering the tests). Someone resented the fact that a bunch of lazy negroes were spending their welfare checks (read, "the taxes paid by hard-working--real--americans") on drugs (instead of food). This wasn't actually happening.
+1   

6 days ago '06        #99
space
space
 TheLastNonEarth said
Who's a drug addict? The .002% of drug abusers on snap they catch everytime they try this bullshyt?

Maybe the .002% also pay taxes as well. That's who I think we should ask about the program.

[pic - click to view]

He went ghost after this
+2   

6 days ago '19        #100
Covfefe2020 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$802 | Props total: 995 995
Liberals know that it's way easier to control a junky. Promise them free stuff and have them eating out of their hand in no time.

Home      

most viewed right now
+56online now  39
Image(s) inside Little boy sees his father without dreads for the first time
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  37
Google Stadia
119 comments
21 hours ago