Mar 10 - Proposed Alabama Law Would Require A Drug Test Before Receiving Food Stamps

most viewed right now
63 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '15        #1
2136 page views
100 comments

BuyGold 3039 heat pts3039
space
space
$9,754 | Props total: 47608 47608
Mar 10 - Proposed Alabama Law Would Require A Drug Test Before Receiving Food Stamps

If a person tests positive for a drug without a valid prescription, he or she would be ineligible to receive SNAP.

A proposed new Alabama law would require residents to pass a drug test in order to receive food stamps.

According to The Hill, under the state's current law residents are not required to take or pass a drug test in order to participate in the Supplemental Nutrition a*sistance Program or SNAP. However, if H.B. 3, which was introduced last week does pass, applicants would be required to be tested for substance abuse if "there is reasonable suspicion that the person uses or is under the influence of a drug,” the bill outlines.

If a person tests positive for a drug without a valid prescription, he or she would be ineligible to receive SNAP. If the person is a parent and tests positive and their children are dependent upon the resources of SNAP, that parent "may designate a third party to receive the benefits for the benefit of the dependent child.”

Conversely, if a person refuses to take a drug test or prolongs taking a drug test, they too can be denied SNAP.

State Rep. James Hanes (R) reportedly introduced the bill, which has been referred to the state's House Judiciary Committee. If the bill is passed the law will go into effect on the 15th day of the third month.
visit this link https://www.vibe.com/2019 .. st-food-stamps
+2   

100 comments for "Mar 10 - Proposed Alabama Law Would Require A Drug Test Before Receiving Food Stamps"

2 weeks ago '06        #2
Skateboard T 49 heat pts49
space
space
$25,080 | Props total: 38570 38570
Waste of resources. People game these systems all the time and the drug testing companies make billions. Meanwhile, the "problem" you thought you were solving isn't solved at all.

You want to get people off drugs? Allow police to divert to rehab instead of jail, create drug courts in every county and every federal district .
+70   

2 weeks ago '06        #3
Yung Dilla 1577 heat pts1577
space
space
$63,348 | Props total: 65566 65566
If this pass it'll spread like Wild fire. This is hella unconstitutional tho
+14   

2 weeks ago '19        #4
Gold Face 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,307 | Props total: 5600 5600
 Skateboard T said
Waste of resources. People game these systems all the time and the drug testing companies make billions. Meanwhile, the "problem" you thought you were solving isn't solved at all.

You want to get people off drugs? Allow police to divert to rehab instead of jail, create drug courts in every county and every federal district .

It’s sad that y’all liberals are so soft you can’t look a human in the face and say what’s it gonna be drugs or food boss. Your choice you a full grown adult

2 weeks ago '06        #5
space
space
 Gold Face said
It’s sad that y’all liberals are so soft you can’t look a human in the face and say what’s it gonna be drugs or food boss. Your choice you a full grown adult
at least I'm not delusional enough to think a program that has repeatedly failed to reach its goal will work if we try over and over again.

I thought you were supposed to be the party that was against government spending on pointless programs?

You've already come out as pro-s*x trafficking, now you're pro-government waste?

I'm starting to think you're not even American...
+38   

2 weeks ago '14        #6
Sphynx 161 heat pts161
space
space
$11,617 | Props total: 42484 42484
This is one of those laws that laws that will pass because in their minds it feels like they'll be further hurting communities of color when it reality it'll be methed out, barefoot, walmart dwellers who suffer most
+50   

2 weeks ago '12        #7
OldBusiness 176 heat pts176
space
space
$28,661 | Props total: 48152 48152
 Yung Dilla said
If this pass it'll spread like Wild fire. This is hella unconstitutional tho
Multiple states have tried it, and its failed every time.

Stats and past attempts proved they end up spending more on the drug testing than they do catching people/saving money.

I remember Paul Ryan's district tried this back on like 07 and out of like 2500 people who took a drug test the only person to come up hot was a VETERAN who couldnt afford his pills, so he started bumming them off another veteran who felt bad for him

For the 7 states that have tried:
The national drug use rate is 9.4 percent. In these states, however, the rate of positive drug tests to total welfare applicants ranges from 0.002 percent to 8.3 percent, but all except one have a rate below 1 percent. Meanwhile, they’ve collectively spent nearly $1 million on the effort, and millions more may have to be spent in coming years.

They're literally throwing money into the fire for no reason rather than spending it on job & training programs that could get people off welfare

Rather than provide training to make people great contributors to society, they would rather invest in wasteful ways to make them poor
+28   

2 weeks ago '19        #8
Gold Face 1 heat pts
space
space
 Skateboard T said
at least I'm not delusional enough to think a program that has repeatedly failed to reach its goal will work if we try over and over again.

I thought you were supposed to be the party that was against government spending on pointless programs?

You've already come out as pro-s*x trafficking, now you're pro-government waste?

I'm starting to think you're not even American...

What party am I in again I was unaware ?

Pro s*x trafficking cause I told you if you got a rub and tug every now and then you may not be such a cornball

Based on ya posts tho you clearly need a release I can feel the pent up aggression

2 weeks ago '06        #9
space
space
 Gold Face said

What party am I in again I was unaware ?

Pro s*x trafficking cause I told you if you got a rub and tug every now and then you may not be such a cornball

Based on ya posts tho you clearly need a release I can feel the pent up aggression

Well that doesn't sound right lol, I tend to use a very relaxed tone when posting on boxden, unless I'm in a heated debate. Then again you don't seem to have the ability to read critically in a way where you're able to discern things like tone and structure...

It is funny that you wanna play dumb though, it's like you aren't even trying to be taken seriously anymore.

Fine, I thought you were of the political ideology (not party) that was against big government spending on pointless projects.

Oh well, be careful when you're giving your money to those s*x trafficking rub n tugs...you never know when we're gonna bust in and take em down.
+7   

2 weeks ago '17        #10
Naga Sadow 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,141 | Props total: 46185 46185
Yes because removing their resources to help them live is the sure way to keep a part time herb smoker from committing crime. You know they're going after the poor, especially black people with this one. This will create far more and worse crime than it will help.
+12   

2 weeks ago '19        #11
Gold Face 1 heat pts
space
space
 Skateboard T said
Well that doesn't sound right lol, I tend to use a very relaxed tone when posting on boxden, unless I'm in a heated debate. Then again you don't seem to have the ability to read critically in a way where you're able to discern things like tone and structure...

It is funny that you wanna play dumb though, it's like you aren't even trying to be taken seriously anymore.

Fine, I thought you were of the political ideology (not party) that was against government spending on pointless projects.

Oh well, be careful when you're giving your money to those s*x trafficking rub n tugs...you never know when we're gonna bust in and take em down.
Not reading your delusions

2 weeks ago '06        #12
space
space
 Gold Face said
Not reading your delusions

Run away like the little bi*ch boy you are.

Smart move, you know you'll never be on my level chump.
+5   

2 weeks ago '19        #13
Gold Face 1 heat pts
space
space
 Skateboard T said

Run away like the little bi*ch boy you are.

Smart move, you know you'll never be on my level chump.
I can guarantee I’ll never be on your level either

Would have to climb down off my throne

2 weeks ago '04        #14
ohhohh 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,973 | Props total: 2957 2957
Mfs always want to target the poor. How about you start with yourselves at the top of the food chain to show initiative.
+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #15
space
space
 Gold Face said
I can guarantee I’ll never be on your level either

Would have to climb down off my throne

Your girl has a phone that breaks up long texts into multiple messages. You fu*k with crack heads. God bless her, hope the money you pay her is being used for medical treatment.

Your "throne" is made of porcelain and located in a public bathroom littered with used needles.

+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #16
space
space
 OldBusiness said
Multiple states have tried it, and its failed every time.

Stats and past attempts proved they end up spending more on the drug testing than they do catching people/saving money.

I remember Paul Ryan's district tried this back on like 07 and out of like 2500 people who took a drug test the only person to come up hot was a VETERAN who couldnt afford his pills, so he started bumming them off another veteran who felt bad for him

For the 7 states that have tried:

They're literally throwing money into the fire for no reason rather than spending it on job & training programs that could get people off welfare

Rather than provide training to make people great contributors to society, they would rather invest in wasteful ways to make them poor
Yeah, unfortunately Paul Ryan was my Rep for his entire career. That drug test program is one of Scott Walkers first major public failures.

2 weeks ago '19        #17
Gold Face 1 heat pts
space
space
 Skateboard T said
Your girl has a phone that breaks up long texts into multiple messages. You fu*k with crack heads. God bless her, hope the money you pay her is being used for medical treatment.

Your "throne" is made of porcelain and located in a public bathroom littered with used needles.

Please don’t make fun of my hoes your hurting my feelings

I’m good in the hood, you obviously can’t step in one with your white privledge

2 weeks ago '06        #18
space
space
 Gold Face said

Please don’t make fun of my hoes your hurting my feelings

I’m good in the hood, you obviously can’t step in one with your white privledge
lol and?

Is that it?

Man log off, you're done for today.
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '15        #19
suavehooper 1388 heat pts1388
space
space
space
$17,230 | Props total: 55333 55333
nothing wrong with that, if you have money to buy illegal drugs, you have money to buy food

2 weeks ago '12        #20
space
space
 Skateboard T said
Yeah, unfortunately Paul Ryan was my Rep for his entire career. That drug test program is one of Scott Walkers first major public failures.
They're just throwing money away.

Invest in programs that'll give these people skills.

Wouldnt cost sh*t to push them to training to make them carpenters, electricians, painters, mechanics, or training for clerical/office work. The return off the investment would be the decrease in benefits being provided by the state, the increase in tax revenue being gained from these families, a decrease in petty crime and improvement in neighborhoods/quality of living for people busy working, and not busy surviving makes to much sense it seems.

I dont care what party people are in...they all should want a government that promotes living a decent lifestyle while working and having a sense of value. Putting these people to work in an empowering way would change the communities they reside in.

Instead..they'd rather treat folks like a moving target that needs to be crippled. This is America
+11   

2 weeks ago '06        #21
space
space
 OldBusiness said
They're just throwing money away.

Invest in programs that'll give these people skills.

Wouldnt cost sh*t to push them to training to make them carpenters, electricians, painters, mechanics, or training for clerical/office work. The return off the investment would be the decrease in benefits being provided by the state, the increase in tax revenue being gained from these families, a decrease in petty crime and improvement in neighborhoods/quality of living for people busy working, and not busy surviving makes to much sense it seems.

I dont care what party people are in...they all should want a government that promotes living a decent lifestyle while working and having a sense of value. Putting these people to work in an empowering way would change the communities they reside in.

Instead..they'd rather treat folks like a moving target that needs to be crippled. This is America
Yeah, I'm actually not against requiring a part-time job to receive food stamps if you don't have any dependents. I had to do that during college when I was on food stamps, it made sense and actually combated the (relatively non-existent) problem of "mooches". The "welfare queen/king" sh*t is largely a myth, but for those very few people who didn't have jobs and were living on stamps, it got them working. I don't see an issue with that so long as it lets the people take care of their families.

Drug testing doesn't do anything. Like you said, it throws money away because just because somebody's broke doesn't mean they're stupid, and even in the case of stupid folks, it doesn't take much to pass a drug test ESPECIALLY at a state government facility lol.

The reason they didn't find nearly any drug users in all those other states isn't because people weren't on drugs, it's because people knew how to beat the drug test.
+6   

2 weeks ago '12        #22
space
space
 Skateboard T said
Yeah, I'm actually not against requiring a part-time job to receive food stamps if you don't have any dependents. I had to do that during college when I was on food stamps, it made sense and actually combated the (relatively non-existent) problem of "mooches"...but for what it attempted to do, it did.

Drug testing doesn't do anything. Like you said, it throws money away because just because somebody's broke doesn't mean they're stupid, and even in the case of stupid folks, it doesn't take much to pass a drug test ESPECIALLY at a state government facility lol.

The reason they didn't find nearly any drug users in all those other states isn't because people weren't on drugs, it's because people knew how to beat the drug test.
Real sh*t.
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #23
Gold Face 1 heat pts
space
space
@

“and actually combated the (relatively non-existent) problem of "mooches". The "welfare queen/king" sh*t is largely a myth, “

If you could step in the hood you would realize how wrong you are

sh*t is comical

2 weeks ago '06        #24
space
space
 Gold Face said
@

“and actually combated the (relatively non-existent) problem of "mooches". The "welfare queen/king" sh*t is largely a myth, “

If you could step in the hood you would realize how wrong you are

sh*t is comical

Man you sure are on my nuts tonight aren't you?

Your anecdotal evidence is not enough to combat the heaps of empirical data suggesting otherwise.

Also, you're not from the hood and never have been you just find "the hood" and my whiteness as a useful weapon to attempt to discredit my arguments. Emphasis on the word 'attempt'.
+4   

2 weeks ago '19        #25
Gold Face 1 heat pts
space
space
 Skateboard T said
Man you sure are on my nuts tonight aren't you?

Your anecdotal evidence is not enough to combat the heaps of empirical data suggesting otherwise.

Also, you're not from the hood and never have been you just find "the hood" and my whiteness as a useful weapon to attempt to discredit my arguments. Emphasis on the word 'attempt'.
One of the bigger f*g**ts on boxden

The fact you think that people scamming food stamps isn’t an epidemic is comical

Would love to see how you can have statistics of people scamming food stamps when their not getting caught for it

Classic lib talking about matters that you can’t even see from your vantage point

You would never step in the hood

I’m a man of the people I go anywhere

Last edited by Gold Face; 03-10-2019 at 06:31 PM..

Home      

most viewed right now
+34online now  49
Image(s) inside Mar 24 - Man spikes coworkers’ drinks with LSD to change their ‘negati..
121 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+28online now  46
I let it soak in but "Us" wasn't it.
166 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+46online now  45
Busting big nuts on this Big Butt