The end of used games - All-Digital Xbox coming soon

most viewed right now
+23  179
129 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '18        #101
MasonPolitikz 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$57 | Props total: 156 156
To be perfectly honest whatever Microsoft touches it crumbles, Microsoft always been a company that steal off ideas and over time they became more and more less original.. Microsoft can’t seem to identify themselves, they make a good game and have a sh*tty system. Or make a good system and have sh*tty games. Microsoft fails start with windows and webtv and moble phones. Microsoft really never did anything revolutionary but stealing Dos and making it MS DoS

2 weeks ago '18        #102
No Religion 10 heat pts10
space
space
$1,474 | Props total: 5051 5051
 LicensedLegend said
Once you lock “your friends” ps4 as your primary only “you” will be allowed to play the games you bought on “your” console. No one else can log into their names and play your games. Anyone however can log into “your friends” console and play your games. You as the game owner can play on any console as long as you are connected to the internet. So no, it’s not possible for “you” to be locked out of anything unless your friend is playing on your account.
Thanks for the clarity. Makes sense.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #103
cold_young_thug 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,786 | Props total: 3740 3740
 96jordan said
First they k*lled couch multiplayer/ split screen , then single player story / non-open world, and Now used games . When will it end?
Yall smoking crack rocks if you think this is the end of used games. M$ tried this same sh*t last year. And damn near never recovered from it.

Will they release a disc-less console?

Absolutely.

Will it sell more than the console with a drive?

NO.

2 weeks ago '14        #104
mumbosauce 273 heat pts273
space
space
space
$11,000 | Props total: 16963 16963
 dxl said
I also agree that the main problem with digital is that you don't own them. Example, I can't download 2K16 or 2K17 anymore, cause 2K took them off the store. I still got 2K17 installed, but the day I uninstall, it's a wrap... never getting it back

That's 100% not how it works

2 weeks ago '14        #105
space
space
space
 OG.JMB.159 said
Or idiots will complain about anything just to "complain"

If you cant afford a game at full price, just wait til it goes on sale. PS Store, Xbox Store all have flash sales all the time. Black Friday games go on super sale.

I just finished buying Tekken 7, The Crew 2, Dragon Ball Z f*ghters all 3 games for a total of 40 bucks.. I dont even play them sh*ts... I remember I got Mortal Kombat XL for 11 dollars.

If you really want it pay full price, if you dont care too much for it just wait.

They'll be dragged into the future one way or another. Digital is so much h better

2 weeks ago '15        #106
OG.JMB.159 73 heat pts73
space
space
$4,665 | Props total: 11605 11605
 dxl said
I also agree that the main problem with digital is that you don't own them. Example, I can't download 2K16 or 2K17 anymore, cause 2K took them off the store. I still got 2K17 installed, but the day I uninstall, it's a wrap... never getting it back
Thats not true at all...

2 weeks ago '19        #107
dxl 
space
space
$68 | Props total: 138 138
 mumbosauce said
That's 100% not how it works
 OG.JMB.159 said
Thats not true at all...
I don't know what weird counter-argument these replies are supposed to be, but ya'll could've easily gone on either the or , searched "NBA 2K16" or "NBA 2K17", and see that both games are not available for purchase. And if either of you ever bought these games in the past, you can go ahead and try to re-download them, but they will not show up

Nothing I said is false

2 weeks ago '15        #108
OG.JMB.159 73 heat pts73
space
space
 dxl said
I don't know what weird counter-argument these replies are supposed to be, but ya'll could've easily gone on either the or , searched "NBA 2K16" or "NBA 2K17", and see that both games are not available for purchase. And if either of you ever bought these games in the past, you can go ahead and try to re-download them, but they will not show up

Nothing I said is false
How you gonna tell me? I have 2 PS4's 1 in my house and 1 in my girls house, and I downloaded 2k16 and Madden25th anniversary on her system because thats the last 2k she played..

2 weeks ago '19        #109
dxl 
space
space
 OG.JMB.159 said
How you gonna tell me? I have 2 PS4's 1 in my house and 1 in my girls house, and I downloaded 2k16 and Madden25th anniversary on her system because thats the last 2k she played..
And how you gonna tell me, when I verified this on 3 friend's PS4s and 2 Xbox Ones?

2K16's shut down was in December 2017. 2K18's shutdown was a few months ago (Dec 2018). If you redownloaded the sh*t prior to these shutdown dates, your argument doesn't hold up. Go delete the game RIGHT NOW and try to redownload it

2 weeks ago '14        #110
space
space
space
 OG.JMB.159 said
Lol I got marvel vs Capcom 2 on PS3 that game been delisted like ten years. I can still download it

2 weeks ago '19        #111
dxl 
space
space
 mumbosauce said
Lol I got marvel vs Capcom 2 on PS3 that game been delisted like ten years. I can still download it
Capcom is not 2K. Each company controls whether their own software remains buyable on digital stores, and whether you can redownload it later after purchase. Some games, especially free-to-play games, after the lifespan is over and the servers get shutdown, can't be redownloaded. That's how 2K treated 2K16/2K17 since most people played online and the servers were shut off

When I turn on 2K17 now, there's errors and glitches because the game can no longer connect to the server. And rather than hearing people complain about this, they just don't let people download/buy it at all anymore

1 week ago '15        #112
OG.JMB.159 73 heat pts73
space
space
 dxl said
And how you gonna tell me, when I verified this on 3 friend's PS4s and 2 Xbox Ones?

2K16's shut down was in December 2017. 2K18's shutdown was a few months ago (Dec 2018). If you redownloaded the sh*t prior to these shutdown dates, your argument doesn't hold up. Go delete the game RIGHT NOW and try to redownload it
I usually dont go this far to prove my point..

But i downloaded 2k16 on my ps4 this morning

And came home and loaded up 2k16..

Now wtf are you talking about..

Yes you may not be able to play online because they turned off the servers you can still play offline..

1 week ago '19        #113
dxl 
space
space
 OG.JMB.159 said
I usually dont go this far to prove my point..

But i downloaded 2k16 on my ps4 this morning

And came home and loaded up 2k16..

Now wtf are you talking about..

Yes you may not be able to play online because they turned off the servers you can still play offline..
Here's the "Ready To Install" section of my Xbox, for games I've purchased:

As you can see, no 2K16 or 2K17. And just for good measure, here's the receipts for both games:

2K16 >
2K17 >

I repeat, I verified this on multiple consoles (both PS4 and Xbox) with multiple accounts. NONE were able to redownload the games

Now ask me again "wtf am I talking about". You got some luck, it hasn't hit you yet (probably eventually), but don't act like I'm capping and this isn't going on

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+19online now  48
Article inside Throwback interview of Scareface sh-tting on J Prince for his evil bu..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+60online now  43
Mar 24 - If you hit the $750 million Powerball jackpot, here's your tax bill
115 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  33
Paper work of Casanova 2x snitching surfaces