The end of used games - All-Digital Xbox coming soon

most viewed right now
-68  72
89 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+26  55
65 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '04        #51
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$27,489 | Props total: 5010 5010
Xbox 1 S.A.D.

2 weeks ago '18        #52
No Religion 10 heat pts10
space
space
$1,437 | Props total: 4952 4952
 Bang On Em said
I hope Sony does the same thing. I've gone 99.9% digital this gen and don't regret it all. Unless you trade in a game a couple of weeks after release. You aren't getting much back anyways
Why would you hope they do the same thing? You can simply do what you've been doing and not buying the disc. Asking for them to switch over to digital only will undoubtedly reduce the number of players available, allow them to make more money by doing less and it will ultimately be a flat out finesse. You don't own the games if they go that route. The minute you are done with Xbox live or PS Plus you no longer have a game you paid 60 dollars for. If they were giving price breaks on digital games I'd understand but that isn't the case. Not to mention the gamers who redbox games, rock with it for 72 hours or so and return it after beating them.

Consumers want to shoot themselves in the foot is puzzling. So shortsighted.
+6   

2 weeks ago '18        #53
space
space
 Based_One said
These games to damn big for that sh*t. Better come with a 5TB HDD
Game sizes the same either way the difference is you are using bandwidth for the digital while the physical versions have most of the data loaded on the disc. There are gamers in west bumblefu*k USA with no reliable internet, playing off mobile hotspots. Imagine having to download RDR on that sh*t. It will never finish once the throttling kicks in after you go over your monthly allotment of data. Not to mention those with simply slow a*s internet plans.
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #54
Bravo Golf 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,431 | Props total: 6102 6102
I've been buying digital games exclusively on my PS4 for about three years now. It was actually having a Steam account that caused me to make the switch. I just fell in love with the convenience of swapping games on the fly without having to physically remove and insert discs.

The only time I've ever missed having a physical disc was this weekend actually. My PS4 malfunctioned two weeks ago and I didn't feel like going through the hassle of sending it to Sony after a local electronics shop couldn't fix the issue, so I traded in it to Gamestop (letting them know what was wrong with it) and put the trade-in value towards a pre-owned PS4. I went to my PS4 library to download all the games that I had bought and still actually played, only for my internet connection to go out the following morning. I did manage to get one game fully installed before then, so I had to go the whole weekend playing only that game until I got my internet fixed on Sunday.

Speaking of Gamestop, that place was a ghost town the several times I was in there last week. It was the first time I had been in Gamestop in about two years. The digital age has hit my local spot hard. That place used to always be full when I went in there.

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 03-05-2019 at 11:40 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #55
space
space
 96jordan said
PlayStation gang till I die but they need to implement something like that because the PS method is stupid and basically only lets you do it for 1 person
You can share games on PSN but there is a catch. Both of your PSN accounts have to be on each others PS4 and only one of you will be able to play online at a time. If you are sharing with someone on a completely different "gaming schedule" it will work. The games lock up on the PS4 that isn't activated as the primary console for the game you are trying to play.

[video - click to view]

2 weeks ago '12        #56
Bravo Golf 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 No Religion said
Why would you hope they do the same thing? You can simply do what you've been doing and not buying the disc. Asking for them to switch over to digital only will undoubtedly reduce the number of players available, allow them to make more money by doing less and it will ultimately be a flat out finesse. You don't own the games if they go that route. The minute you are done with Xbox live or PS Plus you no longer have a game you paid 60 dollars for. If they were giving price breaks on digital games I'd understand but that isn't the case. Not to mention the gamers who redbox games, rock with it for 72 hours or so and return it after beating them.

As a digital only gamer, I wanted to clarify some things.

You don't need an active PS Plus or Xbox Live subcription to buy, download, or continue playing digital games. I don't have a PS Plus account, and I buy games all the time on the Playstation Store. I even bought an Xbox One last week (before deciding to take it back), and I was able to download and play games on there without an Xbox Live account.

Once you purchase a digital game, you have digital rights to that game to download at anytime unless the store itself is down probably, and even then, how rare is that? I can't recall a single time during this gen that the store has been down. The last time I remember a severe outage was back on PS3 when PSN got hacked.

Also, both the Microsoft and Sony digital game stores have weekly discounts on games. Ubisoft and EA in particular have digital sales at least once a month. I can't speak for every digital gamer, but I rarely pay $60 for any game unless it's a Day 1 release. And the only Day 1s I buy are games that I know are sure-fire hits, like RDR II, that have a lot of content that will take me months, or even years, to get through.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #57
space
space
 Bravo Golf said
As a digital only gamer, I wanted to clarify some things.

You don't need an active PS Plus or Xbox Live subcription to buy, download, or continue playing digital games. I don't have a PS Plus account, and I buy games all the time on the Playstation Store. I even bought an Xbox One last week (before deciding to take it back), and I was able to download and play games on there without an Xbox Live account.

Once you purchase a digital game, you have digital rights to that game to download at anytime unless the store itself is down probably, and even then, how rare is that? I can't recall a single time during this gen that the store has been down. The last time I remember a severe outage was back on PS3 when PSN got hacked.

Also, both the Microsoft and Sony digital game stores have weekly discounts on games. Ubisoft and EA in particular have digital sales at least once a month. I can't speak for every digital gamer, but I rarely pay $60 for any game unless it's a Day 1 release. And the only Day 1s I buy are games that I know are sure-fire hits, like RDR II, that have a lot of content that will take me months, or even years, to get through.
I purchase digital and physical copies. You lose access to games you purchased under your PSN Account if you ever lose access to the account. Also, games are always being taken down from the store whether the store is up or not. You also can't play games online without a paid account unless its Fortnite and the other very rare few games that doesn't require a paid account. There isn't many gamers not playing online in this day and age.

Not to mention all the other sh*t I mentioned in my other post. Digital being the one and only option is not good for consumers, period. Those who want to remain digital only can do so with out a stand alone machine. I don't even see why anyone would want that option. The one and only positive to that at the moment would be a smaller console, that's it.

2 weeks ago '12        #58
Bravo Golf 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 No Religion said
I purchase digital and physical copies. You lose access to games you purchased under your PSN Account if you ever lose access to the account. Also, games are always being taken down from the store whether the store is up or not. You also can't play games online without a paid account unless its Fortnite and the other very rare few games that doesn't require a paid account. There isn't many gamers not playing online in this day and age.

Not to mention all the other sh*t I mentioned in my other post. Digital being the one and only option is not good for consumers, period. Those who want to remain digital only can do so with out a stand alone machine. I don't even see why anyone would want that option. The one and only positive to that at the moment would be a smaller console, that's it.
Oh yeah, you're right about that part. I misunderstood what you were saying. The latter part, about playing games online, applies to both physical and digital, though. That's not an issue for me since I only buy games that have a big single player component. It's just the era I grew up in.

I agree with you about the second half too. Although I personally don't buy discs, I don't think consoles should go exclusively digital only. However, I like the idea of having some digital only editions for those who would like to get a console for a little bit less than the regular editions. Personally, I still would opt for the disc version just so I can still rent games that I may be on the fence about.
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #59
Bang On Em 1 heat pts
space
space
$524 | Props total: 1210 1210
 No Religion said

I don't care about anyone but myself. It sounds like all you play is online multiplayer and that's your fault

2 weeks ago '18        #60
space
space
 Bang On Em said
I don't care about anyone but myself. It sounds like all you play is online multiplayer and that's your fault
That's cool but you haven't presented a reason why this would be a good thing other than you only care about yourself which is certainly your prerogative but a pretty trash reason for any argument.

2 weeks ago '05        #61
Sluggernaut 24 heat pts24
space
space
$25,935 | Props total: 8948 8948
I only buy used games off OfferUp

Only certain games I’m willing to pay full price for
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #62
Obadiah1Verse18 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$2,256 | Props total: 11333 11333
 Bang On Em said
I hope Sony does the same thing. I've gone 99.9% digital this gen and don't regret it all. Unless you trade in a game a couple of weeks after release. You aren't getting much back anyways
Yet you are still paying full price

2 weeks ago '05        #63
Krazie 136 heat pts136
space
space
$47,789 | Props total: 26020 26020
 dxl said
I also agree that the main problem with digital is that you don't own them. Example, I can't download 2K16 or 2K17 anymore, cause 2K took them off the store. I still got 2K17 installed, but the day I uninstall, it's a wrap... never getting it back
That's not true. Only in extreme circumstances (like Konami did with PT). Even if a game is removed from the store and can't be purchased, you can still access it via your purchase/download history and install it as long as you have the license prior to it being delisted.

2 weeks ago '05        #64
HiRolliN 111 heat pts111
space
space
$21,581 | Props total: 4027 4027
 Based_One said
4tb WD external hdd's go on sale for $80-$90 a couple times every month

2 weeks ago '19        #65
dxl 
space
space
$66 | Props total: 132 132
 Krazie said
That's not true. Only in extreme circumstances (like Konami did with PT). Even if a game is removed from the store and can't be purchased, you can still access it via your purchase/download history and install it as long as you have the license prior to it being delisted.
Doesn't apply here, chief. 2K shut down the servers for both 2K16 and 2K17, so to them there's no reason to keep the games available as they can't be played online. The games are not in download history nor are they in the store. The oldest 2K that you can still redownload is 2K15

Last edited by dxl; 03-06-2019 at 05:05 AM..

2 weeks ago '19        #66
Bang On Em 1 heat pts
space
space
$524 | Props total: 1210 1210
 Obadiah1Verse18 said
Yet you are still paying full price
No because I rarely buy a game day one unless I really want it. There's no point when new games go on sale two weeks later.

2 weeks ago '13        #67
PBC 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,006 | Props total: 7687 7687
 Based_One said
yea thats the thing games getting to big to only give you 1tb

2 weeks ago '13        #68
PBC 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,006 | Props total: 7687 7687
 No Religion said
You can share games on PSN but there is a catch. Both of your PSN accounts have to be on each others PS4 and only one of you will be able to play online at a time. If you are sharing with someone on a completely different "gaming schedule" it will work. The games lock up on the PS4 that isn't activated as the primary console for the game you are trying to play.

nah thats not how it works bruh i been game sharing past 2-3 years and you both can play whenever you want...... it works best like this.

1 person buys all the games on they account..
2nd person adds that account as the primary on they console.
the owner of the account just has to buy the game then the 2nd person logs into the account downloads it then switches back to they account and they can play it from they own account... So both people can play whenever
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #69
iswerve 184 heat pts184
space
space
$6,518 | Props total: 12528 12528
i bet it's hdd would be only 512gb

2 weeks ago '05        #70
HiRolliN 111 heat pts111
space
space
$21,581 | Props total: 4027 4027
 iswerve said
i bet it's hdd would be only 512gb
of course it will only be a 500gb cause the price of external hdd's are dropping in price

2 weeks ago '15        #71
gvd239 
space
space
space
$825 | Props total: 1743 1743
 Lord God said
I wouldn't support it until they come up off the $59.99 MSRP. No reason a digital license should cost the same as a physical disc that's priced according to print, packaging & shipping.
Facts

you know whats crazy though? Ive found that on amazon, hard copies of music usually cost less than a digital album
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #72
link04 98 heat pts98
space
space
$14,914 | Props total: 6530 6530
 SPdaGOAT said
How you know I dont make money off the consoles I cape for?

And the ones I sh*t on

And you just confirmed you a trick
Everybody pay for pu**y bruh. Unless u a virgin
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #73
Tiko377 1983 heat pts1983
space
space
$17,343 | Props total: 12587 12587
Price is key for this to be successful IMO.

$199.99

2 weeks ago '04        #74
diamond4981 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,106 | Props total: 507 507
I was down for the disc less method until I came up today on Kingdom Hearts 3, Anthem and Just Cause 4 all for 65. Im going to miss cats doing the redbox hustle.

2 weeks ago '04        #75
Da_realness 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,137 | Props total: 4508 4508
I support this movement.... i just dont think we ready for a new console generation as yet... ray tracing isnt enough i need to see something that blows this gen out the water... still gonna upgrade tho

Home      

most viewed right now
+103online now  16
Video inside 6'4" Amazonian Beach Volleyball Player From California
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+258online now  15
Candice Parker.. You had a good run... “Boxden’s HBCU Athelete of the Year!”
135 comments
1 day ago