The Top 25 Highest Paying Jobs with NO College Degree 2019

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '07        #76
brand name 6 heat pts
space
space
$886 | Props total: 209 209
If you know how to code, you don't need a degree to be a six figure programmer. Source: I'm a developer.

Note though that a CS degree will make getting that first salaried position easier, but if you have previous experience or quality code that's publicly reviewable you'll be straight.

Last edited by brand name; 03-05-2019 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: Spelling
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #77
Aztlan 108 heat pts108
space
space
$12,345 | Props total: 32667 32667
None of these jobs appeal to me in the least.

I'm glad I do what I love.

2 weeks ago '17        #78
one il matt 56 7 heat pts
space
space
$573 | Props total: 4027 4027
 imthatinfamous said
The guy who went to JUCO and transferred with a "fat a*s scholly" is less likely than the licensed electrician who makes $50/h we all seen Last Chance U...roster of 50+ players but you see a handfull getting those D1 scholarships....yet there are 694,900 licensed electrician in the U.S.A

and in no way am I sh*tting on a college degree...rather degrees that aren't worth the cost to acquire them...take a look at the most expensive schools in the country...a lot of them are liberal arts schools...someone is getting these types of degrees
n*gga I’m not talking about sports, TF?

You think juco transfers are only for sports?

+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #79
Poncho520 
space
space
$451 | Props total: 1237 1237
 "SS" said
Got my insurance license and aint looked back. Easy 6 figures for not much work. Some agents I know are touching 7 fugures...but im lazy as fu*k and do the bare minimum

What exactly is the professional term for insurance license

2 weeks ago '06        #80
"SS" 32 heat pts32
space
space
$11,553 | Props total: 10717 10717
 Poncho520 said
What exactly is the professional term for insurance license
Licensed insurance producer
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #81
Lord Funkington 
space
space
$2,308 | Props total: 2822 2822
There’s money everywhere. sh*t there’s Walmart store managers making 6 figures

2 weeks ago '06        #82
Junglist 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,619 | Props total: 13590 13590
 imthatinfamous said
like i have posted before

take a look at this list and note how many in the top 40 are liberal arts schools...Mass school of art...one of the most recognized in its field, has people from all over the country...out of state tuition is $31K a year...so unless all their students are in state, which they are not, someone is acquiring $100K of debt...and again...Columbia, Sarah Lawrence, Vassar, Trinity, Bard...all these universities have art programs, have top ranked art programs...and cost $43K a year or more...so YOU might of went to a cheaper school that had decent tuition, but there are a great deal of people that didn't
Those are Private

Private colleges are expensive no matter what you study

The tuitions are inflated and almost illegally exaggerated

edit: Just saw someone above said the exact same so again you can't argue your claim and then list Private colleges

I know a social worker that went to NYU and had 100K in debt

Private colleges are an American scam that is the sole reason for half the nation's student debt

Last edited by Junglist; 03-05-2019 at 03:03 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #83
Di Warlord 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,763 | Props total: 16609 16609
 IRONLUNGZ973 said
Air Traffic Controller here...Easy gig once you get your certifications. Not that stressful depending on where you work. There is a lot that goes into it as far as pay goes. Easy route is through the Air Force in my opinion.
did you go through the Air Force?

if you didn't, how'd you get on?

2 weeks ago '15        #84
Jarett718 
space
space
$2,092 | Props total: 8008 8008
 Jody said
half them jobs you need a degree so what was the point of listing them?

you forgot one also.

26. posting on boxden with links to your struggle twitter page like @ does all day long on here with different accounts
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #85
Mr Cards 87 heat pts87
space
space
space
$798 | Props total: 4777 4777
I’m a news reporter for Boxden, no degree needed. And I can tell you Ronnie pays well.

2 weeks ago '06        #86
cleavon15 
space
space
$1,091 | Props total: 348 348
 JWebb said
Seems like everyone in this thread is super successful and didn’t need college. Most people will need further education to get on that level. How many of those jobs listed still require significant schooling?
Didn’t need a degree for my tech job. It did make me competitive and gave me a salary bump. That’s why I harp on experience. You’ll start to notice that job descriptions will forego that degree for x amount of years of experience.

2 weeks ago '17        #87
one il matt 56 7 heat pts
space
space
$573 | Props total: 4027 4027
 tyke17 said
Lol - ok fine.

But let's check it - how many Black & Hispanic Men are going to be able to attain many of the jobs on this list w/o a degree though????

College degrees are almost necessary for the MAJORITY of Black and HIspanic men in this country to beat the game. Please do not fall for this rhetoric. Many of the high paying jobs on this list never go to black or hispanic people.

As someone who used to be a consultant at MBB, I was my head of recruiting at the undergraduate I attended. I made sure to go OUTOF MY WAY to encourage black men and hispanic men to apply.

After the first round round of interviews where I would interview them with an a*sociate, i would make sure to big these minority candidates up. LOL, the partners would take my considerations, then 2nd round interview them, and find ANY excuse to blcok them ( not in line with the company culture, his GPA is a bit lower, doesn;t seem to have intellectual curiosity needed, and other bullsh*t), and this was with a degree from a great university.

Don't be fooled y;all, please. We aint getting the hookup that other races/ethnic groups do
Everything this dude is saying is all fax, no copy machine.

And he’s caking too, so listen up.

You did MBB out of undergrad or grad?

Got a few homies running through there.

Shout out to MLT.

2 weeks ago '11        #88
yogi11 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,714 | Props total: 2453 2453
Oil field my cousin be making a k*lling

2 weeks ago '15        #89
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
$20,981 | Props total: 28817 28817
 imthatinfamous said
I guess thats the idea of the article...you don't have to go to college to have a successful and fruitful career...which many people think you have to do
You need a ged for trade school?

2 weeks ago '08        #90
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$37,785 | Props total: 20071 20071
What I do ain’t on the list but it should be

I know why though. A lot of Barbers don’t report their true income, so when you google how much Barbers make you see some silly sh*t like $25K

Every Barber I fu*k wit though making $70K+

Take 9 months to go through Barber School, you learn the process of cutting in 2 weeks. By year 2 as a licensed Barber you making $40K+, always got Cash on hand and you make your own schedule. Best decision of my life and I gotta IT Degree. Only true Hustlers need apply though
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #91
Ugur25 41 heat pts41
space
space
space
$1,287 | Props total: 3288 3288
Air Traffic Controller earn so much? I dont believe that. With that salary, they earn more than a person who went to law school.

2 weeks ago '12        #92
sigNN 14 heat pts14
space
space
$7,112 | Props total: 4238 4238
I make more than most of these jobs without a degree but took a while before I was able to accomplish that. I’m currently going to school now because well to be honest it helps.

Just know for anyone want to pursue something without a degree you have to work hard plain and simple
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #93
MSSoldier 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,429 | Props total: 2460 2460
Comment for later

2 weeks ago '12        #94
NSOperator23 1 heat pts
space
space
$65 | Props total: 61 61
 cleavon15 said
You can get almost any job without a degree if you have adequate experience. The degree is to help separate potentials in a demanding market because getting one makes you less of a risk. However, it’s hard to get the experience without a degree

For example, a nuclear operator makes this list with special thanks to the navy. The training is extensive and accelerated so is the work experience after. I don’t believe for one second you can get a “reactor operator” job off the street or by simply passing the certification test.
From personal experience, people are hired off the street with only GEDs and high school diplomas. Obviously, as with any job, experience helps. So if you have prior nuclear navy background or an engineering background, it helps. Allot of highly educated people fail the application test including Navy and Engineers. So that's how off the street guys get in

2 weeks ago '16        #95
IRONLUNGZ973 
space
space
$69 | Props total: 131 131
 Mackmittens said
That renlistment bonus wasn’t enough to keep ATC cats around in the Air Force. ATC is one of the best jobs in the military that transfer even better in the civilian sector... salute

Yea they messed up not keeping the bonuses. When I was in I got mine and got out right before they stopped. Went out to Afghan and now with the DoD
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #96
cleavon15 
space
space
$1,091 | Props total: 348 348
 NSOperator23 said
From personal experience, people are hired off the street with only GEDs and high school diplomas. Obviously, as with any job, experience helps. So if you have prior nuclear navy background or an engineering background, it helps. Allot of highly educated people fail the application test including Navy and Engineers. So that's how off the street guys get in
Got it. But, serious question, are they reactor operators , aux operators, or other NLOs ?

2 weeks ago '05        #97
Micheal C. Will 26 heat pts26
space
space
$31,028 | Props total: 26916 26916
 dagreat1_87 said
These lists are very misleading. While you might not need a degree, you need some sh*t ton of experience or certifications, or both before you get a chance at most of these
Misleading is an understatement.

Regardless of the degree, I would rather have a degree my resume than none at all. It shows that you're committed to finishing something at the very least.

Folks underestimate the value of having a degree or two on your resume.

Also, the majority of those jobs listed aren't that glamorous.
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #98
Micheal C. Will 26 heat pts26
space
space
$31,028 | Props total: 26916 26916
 Lord Funkington said
There’s money everywhere. sh*t there’s Walmart store managers making 6 figures
And I guarantee you they have a college degree in some particular field, business, managerial or both making six figures.

2 weeks ago '04        #99
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$17,960 | Props total: 9217 9217
 tyke17 said
Lol - ok fine.

But let's check it - how many Black & Hispanic Men are going to be able to attain many of the jobs on this list w/o a degree though????

College degrees are almost necessary for the MAJORITY of Black and HIspanic men in this country to beat the game. Please do not fall for this rhetoric. Many of the high paying jobs on this list never go to black or hispanic people.

As someone who used to be a consultant at MBB, I was my head of recruiting at the undergraduate I attended. I made sure to go OUTOF MY WAY to encourage black men and hispanic men to apply.

After the first round round of interviews where I would interview them with an a*sociate, i would make sure to big these minority candidates up. LOL, the partners would take my considerations, then 2nd round interview them, and find ANY excuse to blcok them ( not in line with the company culture, his GPA is a bit lower, doesn;t seem to have intellectual curiosity needed, and other bullsh*t), and this was with a degree from a great university.

Don't be fooled y;all, please. We aint getting the hookup that other races/ethnic groups do
You can literally get 2 to 3 certifications and in 4-6 years time be making anywhere from $75-120k in the IT field my n*gga, stop letting imaginary white people stop you...sh*ts a crutch, sh*t the majority of people in my office when I worked for Northrop Grumman were black or Hispanic and we were all SysAdmins and HBSS Engineers...stop it

There’s oil rigs that hire as well as other gigs that are paying real money that plenty of black and brown are in....go get qualified, stop being scared to be a damn apprentice, learn the trade, and go get paid.

Last edited by Cutty Olds; 03-05-2019 at 03:43 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #100
NSOperator23 1 heat pts
space
space
$65 | Props total: 61 61
 cleavon15 said
Got it. But, serious question, are they reactor operators , aux operators, or other NLOs ?
Obviously you know about the industry either because you work at one or close to someone that does. With that being said, they start off as Aux Operators/ NLOs and when they get experienced and the company has faith in them, they go to class to become Reactor Operators. Senior reactor operator's are the only positions that I've seen being prior Navy or having an Engineering degree a requirement for to go directly there without any commercial experience

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  38
BOX Broner's Sexuality Officially In Question by the Rainbow Community
52 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-116online now  35
She's built for S*x...Its all she has to offer
115 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+86online now  33
Video inside Damnnn! That ass!......... Youtube Bikini Haul Try-ons appreciation
72 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  29
NBA 10 Years Later: 2009 NBA Re-Draft; The Way It Should Have Been
79 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy