Crackdown 3 was the most-played new game at launch,beating Far Cry New Dawn & Metro Exodus

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 weeks ago '09        #1
1890 page views
79 comments

Tiko377 1983 heat pts1983
space
space
$17,338 | Props total: 12580 12580
Crackdown 3 was the most-played new game at launch,beating Far Cry New Dawn & Metro Exodus

It's doing surprisingly well.

Crackdown 3 was supposed to launch many months ago, but was pushed back to February 15 to polish up the experience. Luckily, it's available right now through the Microsoft Store. You can buy it for $60, or you can grab it with Xbox Game Pass, for $10 a month.

Crackdown 3 is split into two different downloads and supports Xbox Play Anywhere and Xbox One X. The campaign is separate from the "Wrecking Zone" multiplayer mode. The campaign doesn't feature the cloud-powered destruction, so you'll have to battle other players if you want a taste of that.

According to a report by GamesIndustry, despite launching with heavy-hitters like Metro Exodus, the title has managed to beat them all and was one of the most-played games at launch. It only lost out to free-to-play games like Apex Legends and Fortnite. You can read an excerpt from the article below.

While its physical launch sales were somewhat disappointing... there is data to suggest Crackdown 3 has still been a hit on Xbox One. TrueAchievements has released its latest weekly chart of the platform's most played games, which shows Crackdown 3 was the third most popular title of the week. It was only surpassed by Apex Legends and Fortnite, in terms of the number... that played it, and both of those are free-to-play... it's the single-player campaign specifically that reached No. 3 in the charts. The multiplayer... placed much lower at No. 22. TrueAchievements' chart is calculated by scanning user accounts... more than half a million... for which games they have played in the previous week... It's worth emphasising that these are games actively played, not just ones where achievements have been unlocked... Metro Exodus was only the 32nd most-played game of the week, while Far Cry New Dawn was 37th. Both were beaten by the beta for Black Desert... and... Jump Force didn't even place.
The success of Crackdown 3 can be attributed to Xbox Game Pass, because reviews weren't positive at all. In our review, we said, "Crackdown 3 just doesn't meet contemporary standards as a premium $60 title, with dated visuals, thin gameplay features, and an under-delivered story. There are too many open world superhero-style games that simply do it better. That said, it's not a bad game, by any means."

Hopefully Crackdown 3 will see continued success in the coming months as more gamers join Xbox Game Pass. According to Microsoft's Executive Vice President of Gaming Phil Spencer, the subscription service already numbers millions of members.

visit this link https://www.windowscentra .. d-metro-exodus
+5   

79 comments for "Crackdown 3 was the most-played new game at launch,beating Far Cry New Dawn & Metro Exodus"

4 weeks ago '07        #2
jhj26 64 heat pts64
space
space
$16,618 | Props total: 2719 2719
Another W
+1   

4 weeks ago '08        #3
Chicken_N_I-Roc 29 heat pts29
space
space
$5,884 | Props total: 5318 5318
Guess it's a W.

4 weeks ago '06        #4
TreZ 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 3774 3774
all because of game pass
+14   

4 weeks ago '17        #5
SPdaGOAT 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,592 | Props total: 30816 30816
These boys might merge with Nintendo instead of drop a next gen console.

I know yall f*gboys not gonna like that, but take your grievances up with that sh*tty game company for flopping an entire gen and putting themselves here.
+2   

4 weeks ago '18        #6
Doc Da Great 234 heat pts234
space
space
$3,267 | Props total: 13928 13928
This isn't even a weird flex, this isn't something you shouldnt flex.

Far Cry is a dwindling series. Metro is an underrated series that not enough people know about or play.

The fu*k is this ?
+6   

4 weeks ago '18        #7
KdenIII 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,018 | Props total: 7570 7570
Wild competition

Congrats on being triumphant in the face of such adversity Microsoft

4 weeks ago '13        #8
Thongsong19 3 heat pts
space
space
$15,405 | Props total: 15007 15007
i wouldnt of bought it but i have gamepass right now so i figured id dl it to try it

its solid

+1   

4 weeks ago '10        #9
pacman45 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,052 | Props total: 7824 7824
The game is fun, thats all that matters.

4 weeks ago '14        #10
Mr Harrow 47 heat pts47
space
space
$17,175 | Props total: 23164 23164
I think gamepass is on sale for 2 bucks for 2 months to correspond with this release.
+3   

4 weeks ago '15        #11
donnyyy 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$2,094 | Props total: 5148 5148
How many actual sales though?

People waited 5 years for this.
+1   

4 weeks ago '15        #12
gemini8686 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,383 | Props total: 7117 7117
 donnyyy said
How many actual sales though?

People waited 5 years for this.
This is why I think ppl are weird. Just say congrats and keep it moving. If u don’t like it then go like what u like. It’s not like it’s a review of the game where you’re giving your opinion. You’re hating on an accomplishment
+1   

4 weeks ago '15        #13
donnyyy 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$2,094 | Props total: 5148 5148
 gemini8686 said
This is why I think ppl are weird. Just say congrats and keep it moving. If u don’t like it then go like what u like. It’s not like it’s a review of the game where you’re giving your opinion. You’re hating on an accomplishment
Congrats to what?

I just asked how many sales the game had at release.

Do you have an answer or not?

I hope you're not one of those corporate slaves.
+1   

4 weeks ago '18        #14
Oswaldgatesjr 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 11508 11508
Of course it is all xbox does is win

4 weeks ago '11        #15
BaseWhitaker 
space
space
$4,966 | Props total: 8456 8456
 Doc Da Great said
This isn't even a weird flex, this isn't something you shouldnt flex.

Far Cry is a dwindling series. Metro is an underrated series that not enough people know about or play.

The fu*k is this ?
I keep seeing this sh*t online but I don't get it - 5 is the first title I've ever bought, I love it. Got it for a discount on PSN over the Holidays sh*t is flames to me

4 weeks ago '18        #16
Doc Da Great 234 heat pts234
space
space
$3,267 | Props total: 13928 13928
 BaseWhitaker said
I keep seeing this sh*t online but I don't get it - 5 is the first title I've ever bought, I love it. Got it for a discount on PSN over the Holidays sh*t is flames to me

[pic - click to view]

those are discount produced flames Base.

There is a reason for that.
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #17
cuzjuan 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,338 | Props total: 3330 3330
 SPdaGOAT said
These boys might merge with Nintendo instead of drop a next gen console.

I know yall f*gboys not gonna like that, but take your grievances up with that sh*tty game company for flopping an entire gen and putting themselves here.
ur uninformed.... and very much so!

if you knew anything, its nintendo whose actually the one who analysts say would do much better just being a software company...

this view is actually from industry insiders and analysts, so u claim to have more insight than these 20 plus year veterans?

alotta people talk out the a*s about stuff they know little about... you included!

MS is not hurting in any way what so ever, nintendo is not hurting either...

SONY is not hurting (RIGHT NOW) but just a generation ago, had to sell buildings.. had to learn from MS how to implement proper online community, and how to package it so that people will pay... and it's still not worth it very much compared to XBOX.

continue with your ill-informed and played out narrative tho!

the only diff between PS and XBX is what, 6-8 games? and price of console?

if something is sh*tty to you just because of 6-8 games but brought us hundreds of games previously, lead multiplayer for 10+ years... and was the best selling console for 6 years (last gen)... then not much can say to some one with a close mind, such as yourself.

i on the other hand will continue to enjoy true 4K for less than a price of a PC that can do 4K 60. and instead of 1000 games, im okay with 992 games i have over here.

not saying i am not in awe of TLOU or spider man or god of war and death stranding... which are deemable console sellers, just saying all this f*g BOY sh*t is ridiculous, and always coming from PSN fan boys when no body from the xbox side ever thinks of yall nor starts any confrontation...

as always on cue, xbox gets props and then some SONY f*g bOY has to p*ss his pants butt hurt that no news came out about sony for the last 6 months, but MS stay in the news on a weekly basis, just off of good will...

must make u jealous, still angry over cross play huh? and back compatiblity?
dont worry just spend another 4 or 5 bills and SONY will hook you up next gen playa...

Last edited by cuzjuan; 02-21-2019 at 10:07 PM..

4 weeks ago '17        #18
SPdaGOAT 18 heat pts18
space
space
 cuzjuan said
ur uninformed.... and very much so!

if you knew anything, its nintendo whose actually the one who analysts say would do much better just being a software company...

this view is actually from industry insiders and analysts, so u claim to have more insight than these 20 plus year veterans?

alotta people talk out the a*s about stuff they know little about... you included!

MS is not hurting in any way what so ever, nintendo is not hurting either...

SONY is not hurting (RIGHT NOW) but just a generation ago, had to sell buildings.. had to learn from MS how to implement proper online community, and how to package it so that people will pay... and it's still not worth it very much compared to XBOX.

continue with your ill-informed and played out narrative tho!

the only diff between PS and XBX is what, 6-8 games? and price of console?

if something is sh*tty to you just because of 6-8 games but brought us hundreds of games previously, lead multiplayer for 10+ years... and was the best selling console for 6 years (last gen)... then not much can say to some one with a close mind, such as yourself.

i on the other hand will continue to enjoy true 4K for less than a price of a PC that can do 4K 60. and instead of 1000 games, im okay with 992 games i have over here.

not saying i am not in awe of TLOU or spider man or god of war and death stranding... which are deemable console sellers, just saying all this f*g BOY sh*t is ridiculous, and always coming from PSN fan boys when no body from the xbox side ever thinks of yall nor starts any confrontation...

as always on cue, xbox gets props and then some SONY f*g bOY has to p*ss his pants butt hurt that no news came out about sony for the last 6 months, but MS stay in the news on a weekly basis, just off of good will...

must make u jealous, still angry over cross play huh? and back compatiblity?
dont worry just spend another 4 or 5 bills and SONY will hook you up next gen playa...

lol ight man. Shoutout to Xbox for bending over nicely so I can play RDR on my switch

4 weeks ago '09        #19
Burg Boy 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,264 | Props total: 1070 1070
 Mr Harrow said
I think gamepass is on sale for 2 bucks for 2 months to correspond with this release.
good looking out, i copped the gamepass.
+1   

4 weeks ago '11        #20
BaseWhitaker 
space
space
$4,966 | Props total: 8456 8456
 Doc Da Great said

[pic - click to view]

those are discount produced flames Base.

There is a reason for that.
Ahhh Doc you got me, there. Got me there mane

[pic - click to view]

+1   

4 weeks ago '18        #21
OptimisticCynic 2 heat pts
space
space
$120 | Props total: 389 389
Game pass $2/2 month special for new users ends today (02/22) so hurry if you’re interested!!!

[pic - click to view]

4 weeks ago '04        #22
cuzjuan 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,338 | Props total: 3330 3330
 SPdaGOAT said
lol ight man. Shoutout to Xbox for bending over nicely so I can play RDR on my switch
all is saying, why p*ss on the parade when its such a nice day?

peace be upon u my brother!

4 weeks ago '04        #23
gh3tto 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,991 | Props total: 2326 2326
 KdenIII said
Wild competition

Congrats on being triumphant in the face of such adversity Microsoft
an incredible accomplishment they outpaced far cry and metro on xbox one

in other news i was the only dude in california scratching my left butt cheek at 11:47 with a back scratcher. kudos to both of us

[pic - click to view]

+2   

4 weeks ago '11        #24
megalomaniacal 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,453 | Props total: 8130 8130
Thats because it’s free

And it’s still a*s
+6   

4 weeks ago '17        #25
SPdaGOAT 18 heat pts18
space
space
 cuzjuan said
all is saying, why p*ss on the parade when its such a nice day?

peace be upon u my brother!
thats because its fu*k xbox!

Home      

most viewed right now
+46online now  17
Video inside White guy giving it to the white man
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-53online now  15
Remy Ma is taller than your favorite rapper
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+53online now  10
Video inside Gillie Tells Story About Birdman Ordering "Shrimp Lamborghini" At A Res..
101 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-64online now  9
Image(s) inside Look how much Justin Bieber is enjoying his married life
151 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy