Alita Battle Angel is the best Live Action Anime movie of all time

most viewed right now
-68  72
89 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+26  55
65 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 weeks ago '07        #51
pandadays 428 heat pts428 OP
space
space
$14,969 | Props total: 14959 14959
 Kingme said
He's not trolling, it had a lot of violence.

Robert Rodriguez brought an Anime film to life the the same way he bought the comic book Sin City to life and that alone is really worth seeing.

Looks like an Anime movie turned into real life, it's crazy. See it in 3D
I'm now pissed Netflix has the cowboy Bebop ip. In James Cameroon and Rodriguez hands they could bring that shyt to life.

Instead we'll get some bargain basement trash from Netflix under 50 mil budget. Such a waste
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #52
dat_boi_tj 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,378 | Props total: 2337 2337
Hmmm I like these reviews. I was checking off the strength of Marshala anyways.

4 weeks ago '17        #53
Whimsical 29 heat pts29
space
space
$1,133 | Props total: 6419 6419
 dat_boi_tj said
Hmmm I like these reviews. I was checking off the strength of Marshala anyways.
just saw it for a second time, shyt is flames
+1   

4 weeks ago '14        #54
TrueFiction 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$44 | Props total: 60 60
 pandadays said
I'm not trolling. Go see it for yourself. When you see this chick smashing n*ggas brains in saying fuk you, and walking with decapitated heads, then see me. I guess pg 13 you can say fuk twice in the film, but for the blood, idk. I think you can't show organs maybe. I don't know the loophole they used. I guess maybe because there's no s*x in the film is why it's pg 13😄
That decapitated head scene was nuts. Went from romantic to WTF fast.

4 weeks ago '17        #55
Whimsical 29 heat pts29
space
space
 TrueFiction said
That decapitated head scene was nuts. Went from romantic to WTF fast.
shyt caught me off guard too

4 weeks ago '15        #56
Preacher Mane 32 heat pts32
space
space
$13,944 | Props total: 31857 31857
I was thoroughly impressed with this. Real good, solid movie. I liked how it wasn’t on some feminist bullsh*t even though Akita was a strong willed, bad a*s character.

Maybe I missed it but
[spoiler - click to view]

Last edited by Preacher Mane; 02-17-2019 at 11:18 PM..

4 weeks ago '06        #57
Jhnnyblz427 198 heat pts198
space
space
$41,243 | Props total: 31764 31764

4 weeks ago '07        #58
space
space
 Preacher Mane said
I was thoroughly impressed with this. Real good, solid movie. I liked how it wasn’t on some feminist bullsh*t even though Akita was a strong willed, bad a*s character.

Maybe I missed it but

That's never explained in the movie or the comic until later in the books. So it makes sense to not address that yet.

Last edited by pandadays; 02-18-2019 at 12:34 PM..
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #59
Marccoogs19 195 heat pts195
space
space
$11,022 | Props total: 8137 8137
Movie was freaking amazing, especially the motorball scene. I also loved the bar f*ght scene too. The worst part of the movie was the romantic subplot, but they solved that in the end anyways. I cant wait for the sequel.

4 weeks ago '07        #60
space
space
 Marccoogs19 said
Movie was freaking amazing, especially the motorball scene. I also loved the bar f*ght scene too. The worst part of the movie was the romantic subplot, but they solved that in the end anyways. I cant wait for the sequel.
That's the weakest part of the comic, but they solved it the exact same way, albiet with more emotion because the guy never wanted to be a cyborg, and was even more desperate to reach the sky city, so you were really sympathetic for him when he was climbing up the beam. And I think he gave a more emotional speech up there too. Other than that, this movie matched the comic perfectly, and is absolutely better than the anime.
+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #61
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,626 | Props total: 3212 3212
Saw yesterday in DOLBY 3D.

sh*t was flames..

Don’t remember much of the plot cause I ate some weed chocolate before, but I remember the CGI was flames.

4 weeks ago '15        #62
Preacher Mane 32 heat pts32
space
space
$13,944 | Props total: 31857 31857
 pandadays said
That's never explained in the movie or the comic until later in the books. So it makes sense to not address that yet.
You read the comics/books? If so I have questions.
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #63
Supreme Doom 
space
space
$358 | Props total: 388 388
The didnt k*ll shyt but another Anime title amd property

The action was good. But not ORIGINAL at all.

Alota herself was a great translation to live action. But thats how this goes. Whenever they use the actual translation of said character...everything else always has to suffer.

The plot was immediately telling me its a part 1. The mystery here ...there isnt 1. .

Again..praise it. I dont care. Not into devating why something that was stripped of its adult nature. Would be liked on a PG13 level by so many. .

Now that i see this current wave of Anime to love action will fall short. I'll give it until around fall.

Cause...One piece, Bezerk, Dragon ball Super, Psycho Mob are all better.

When they actually approach these movies as 2 installments, itll all mesh better. And there is no reason for the force. I know westerners dont really watch Anime.

But damn...animation is far better tho

4 weeks ago '16        #64
Bad 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,671 | Props total: 9987 9987
What happened to the rate the movie you last watched thread?

That was the best part of this movie section.
+1   

4 weeks ago '07        #65
space
space
 Supreme Doom said

Alota herself was a great translation to live action. But thats how this goes. Whenever they use the actual translation of said character...everything else always has to suffer.

The plot was immediately telling me its a part 1. The mystery here ...there isnt 1. .

Again..praise it. I dont care. Not into devating why something that was stripped of its adult nature. Would be liked on a PG13 level by so many. .

Now that i see this current wave of Anime to love action will fall short. I'll give it until around fall.

When they actually approach these movies as 2 installments, itll all mesh better. And there is no reason for the force. I know westerners dont really watch Anime.

Animation is trash compared to it. Foh

4 weeks ago '17        #66
Whimsical 29 heat pts29
space
space
 Bad said
What happened to the rate the movie you last watched thread?

That was the best part of this movie section.
yeah, i cant find it either
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #67
knownomniscient 22 heat pts22
space
space
space
$3,960 | Props total: 2795 2795
Saw the movie last night.

its an incredible movie.

4 weeks ago '07        #68
space
space
 knownomniscient said
Saw the movie last night.

its an incredible movie.
Yeah it is,

+1   

4 weeks ago '07        #69
calle13 465 heat pts465
space
space
$6,104 | Props total: 11641 11641
 pandadays said
To be fair, n*gga died twice very quickly in the comic, but granted, he was more against being a cyborg in the comic and was more desperate to reach the sky city, so it made sense for him to say fuk it, I'm going up.
Ahhh okay see that i didn't know.. I was just like yo did they just cramped in 2 mangas that quickly lol. I mean overall i still enjoyed the movie

4 weeks ago '04        #70
dat_boi_tj 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,378 | Props total: 2337 2337
Yea saw Matinee yesterday. Definitely Flames. Not predictable as I thought. They were letting alot fly for PG13 which shocked the hell outta me lol. Very Great Movie.
+2   

4 weeks ago '07        #71
space
space
Box office numbers doing better than expected

4 weeks ago '06        #72
Kingme 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,486 | Props total: 12320 12320
 Supreme Doom said

All of your problems with the movie are the exact same problems with the manga and anime versions of Battle Angel. This movie encompassed 2 out of 9 volumes of the manga same as the anime. They even ended at the same place. You can't fit this story in 1 or even 2 installments and I don't know a single fan that expected them too

4 weeks ago '19        #73
Supreme Doom 
space
space
Well im ginna admit i was wrong about how close they followed the plot.

Its was on the target.

I just dont like the same exact story of a Cyborgs finding their humanity....Again.

It was. A good movie. Just not for me.

4 weeks ago '19        #74
Supreme Doom 
space
space
 Kingme said
All of your problems with the movie are the exact same problems with the manga and anime versions of Battle Angel. This movie encompassed 2 out of 9 volumes of the manga same as the anime. They even ended at the same place. You can't fit this story in 1 or even 2 installments and I don't know a single fan that expected them too
No there not. What im saying is the formulas Western companies use is already dated. Im trying not to shyt on this in totality.

But.. How the story progresses is interesting? Like if it wasnt a Anime...would this be interesting..No.

Once u take of the layer of it beibg a Anime. Its a dated plot. And now as i think of it, is probably why they actaully got this movie done.

Im just saying it doesmt challeneg anything in me. I watch all sorts of film. But i have a great respect for Animes being translated. Its hard..i admit that.

But this has nothing to do with my comment before. Its not going to move the needle. The problem is titles like Akira, Gundam, Cowboy Bebop keep getting pushed back. It has everything to do with choices. Choices of what Anime is easiest for that bag.

Its been over 10+years. Its been made oubkic those movies i mentioned keep getting friction between the orignator and the studio who wants said property.

I dont wamt this to be some Bird Box thing. Where people hype up PG13 shyt. Cause this movie wasnt adult as they made it out to be.

4 weeks ago '04        #75
STHRNcomfort 
space
space
$458 | Props total: 34 34
i know jack sh*t about this movie and my girl bought my ticket and i went high as fu*k. sh*t was dope.
+3   

Home      

most viewed right now
+103online now  16
Video inside 6'4" Amazonian Beach Volleyball Player From California
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+258online now  15
Candice Parker.. You had a good run... “Boxden’s HBCU Athelete of the Year!”
135 comments