Left 4 Dead creators Turtle Rock announce new co-op zombie shooter, Back 4 Blood

most viewed right now
-68  72
89 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+26  55
65 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

6 days ago '12        #1
831 page views
19 comments

Pleasure Boy 1331 heat pts1331
space
space
$10,923 | Props total: 11382 11382
Left 4 Dead creators Turtle Rock announce new co-op zombie shooter, Back 4 Blood

The studio that developed the original Left 4 Dead is developing what sounds like a spiritual sequel: Back 4 Blood, described as a cooperative shooter against hordes of zombies. In other words, it sounds like the Left 4 Dead follow-up that Valve still hasn’t delivered.

Back 4 Blood is being developed by Turtle Rock Studios, the team that also created Evolve, and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. In an FAQ posted to its website, Turtle Rock says it’s “going back to [its] roots and at the same time innovating on them.” The developer is keeping details on Back 4 Blood close to the vest; the studio hasn’t released any images of the game and teased “new features we aren’t ready to talk about just yet.”

However, Turtle Rock stressed that the game is not — at least in an official capacity — Left 4 Dead 3.

“Back 4 Blood is our own brand new, original IP,” the studio said. “You’ll be able to shoot up a lot of zombies like in Left 4 Dead, but there’s a whole lot of new stuff in Back 4 Blood which makes it unique.”

“It’s hard to overstate what an awesome opportunity this is. We get to return to a genre that was born in our studio with over ten years of additional experience and zombie ideas racked up in our brains,” said Chris Ashton, co-founder and design director, Turtle Rock Studios, in a news release. “We also have some of the best teammates in the business at WBIE who understand our development process and are equally committed to our player-first mentality. We love being able to announce, so we can start working with the community right away.”

“We are not resting on any past laurels. Our goal is to take all we’ve learned and push forward. We know that’s a tall order,” added Phil Robb, co-founder and creative director. “We’re growing the team considerably because we’re stepping up to the biggest challenge in this studio’s history. We know this title has to stand out and we fully intend to make that happen.”

Back 4 Blood will feature a campaign and player-versus-player combat, and will not be a battle royale game, Turtle Rock said. The game is bound for PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox One, and does not have an announced release date.

visit this link Polygon
+12   

19 comments for "Left 4 Dead creators Turtle Rock announce new co-op zombie shooter, Back 4 Blood"

Top 10 most propped recently  6 days ago '17        #2
Mr Scaramucci 965 heat pts965
space
space
$3,838 | Props total: 48852 48852
 Pleasure Boy said

[pic - click to view]

The studio that developed the original Left 4 Dead is developing what sounds like a spiritual sequel: Back 4 Blood, described as a cooperative shooter against hordes of zombies. In other words, it sounds like the Left 4 Dead follow-up that Valve still hasn’t delivered.

Back 4 Blood is being developed by Turtle Rock Studios, the team that also created Evolve, and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. In an FAQ posted to its website, Turtle Rock says it’s “going back to [its] roots and at the same time innovating on them.” The developer is keeping details on Back 4 Blood close to the vest; the studio hasn’t released any images of the game and teased “new features we aren’t ready to talk about just yet.”

However, Turtle Rock stressed that the game is not — at least in an official capacity — Left 4 Dead 3.

“Back 4 Blood is our own brand new, original IP,” the studio said. “You’ll be able to shoot up a lot of zombies like in Left 4 Dead, but there’s a whole lot of new stuff in Back 4 Blood which makes it unique.”

“It’s hard to overstate what an awesome opportunity this is. We get to return to a genre that was born in our studio with over ten years of additional experience and zombie ideas racked up in our brains,” said Chris Ashton, co-founder and design director, Turtle Rock Studios, in a news release. “We also have some of the best teammates in the business at WBIE who understand our development process and are equally committed to our player-first mentality. We love being able to announce, so we can start working with the community right away.”

“We are not resting on any past laurels. Our goal is to take all we’ve learned and push forward. We know that’s a tall order,” added Phil Robb, co-founder and creative director. “We’re growing the team considerably because we’re stepping up to the biggest challenge in this studio’s history. We know this title has to stand out and we fully intend to make that happen.”

Back 4 Blood will feature a campaign and player-versus-player combat, and will not be a battle royale game, Turtle Rock said. The game is bound for PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox One, and does not have an announced release date.

L4D2 is my favorite game of all time I still play it with my friends a few times a week.
+9   

6 days ago '10        #3
Trill Livin 73 heat pts73
space
space
$15,374 | Props total: 10638 10638
So many great memories playing L4D .. hope this sh*t bring the fun times back
+6   

6 days ago '06        #4
991 36 heat pts36
space
space
$7,172 | Props total: 3997 3997
I hope valve jumps in and makes this the official left 4 dead 3. To keep the same universe. Either way, I'm ready. It's about time. They might wanna wait for next gen though. If it's anything like left 4 dead 2, people will play it for years. People still play online.
+1   

6 days ago '19        #5
Bang On Em 1 heat pts
space
space
$524 | Props total: 1210 1210
My kind of game! I just hope they add a horde mode.
+2   

6 days ago '08        #6
dwise919 
space
space
$4,586 | Props total: 6458 6458
Please don't fu*k this up

6 days ago '04        #7
CrAkKedOuT 1042 heat pts1042
space
space
space
$25,389 | Props total: 19781 19781
Back 4 Blood is being developed by Turtle Rock Studios, the team that also created Evolve
Oh hell no

6 days ago '15        #8
wapeddell 28 heat pts28
space
space
$275 | Props total: 1257 1257
Ah sh*tttt

6 days ago '05        #9
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,708 | Props total: 4769 4769
nice need to finish the story

6 days ago '17        #10
Naga Sadow 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,036 | Props total: 45576 45576
Man I ha e fond memories of my wife, my friends, and I screaming at each other playing L4D. One of the most fun I've ever had playing a game.
+2   

6 days ago '08        #11
Kewop Decam 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$18,608 | Props total: 16952 16952
 CrAkKedOuT said
Oh hell no
This is the team that also created Left 4 Dead.
+3   

6 days ago '04        #12
realkilla3 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,985 | Props total: 10175 10175
Can't wait to see how they play this I hope it's as close to l4d as possible I might go back and get both of them if people are still playing online.
+3   

5 days ago '15        #13
Lito Guapalot 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,461 | Props total: 12455 12455
 realkilla3 said
Can't wait to see how they play this I hope it's as close to l4d as possible I might go back and get both of them if people are still playing online.
They def playing online still. I still play 1 from time to time.

I remember when the servers was fu*ked up and the zombies were replaced with the word error and we was still playing . It turned into some race to the safehouse type sh*t because if you got surrounded you were stuck until you got k*lled by the special zombies.
+2   

5 days ago '06        #14
991 36 heat pts36
space
space
$7,172 | Props total: 3997 3997
 CrAkKedOuT said
Oh hell no
Dude they created the left 4 dead game. I believe valve took over and made the second one.

5 days ago '18        #15
Turfaholic3 
space
space
space
$1,155 | Props total: 4341 4341
That "oh sh*t!" feeling when you turn a corner and a witch is walking towards you crying.

+7   

5 days ago '11        #16
inthezone 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,970 | Props total: 6891 6891
Back when video games were fun to me
I dunno when but somewhere along the way the love died and i lost any desire to play video games
+1   

5 days ago '18        #17
Tree Top 215 heat pts215
space
space
$2,326 | Props total: 7758 7758
Oh another zombie game

5 days ago '18        #18
Turfaholic3 
space
space
space
$1,155 | Props total: 4341 4341
 inthezone said
Back when video games were fun to me
I dunno when but somewhere along the way the love died and i lost any desire to play video games
Its not you. They fu*king up.

5 days ago '09        #19
K0ntrast 67 heat pts67
space
space
$31,176 | Props total: 17271 17271
In down
+1   

2 days ago '11        #20
L1C4 80 heat pts80
space
space
$8,557 | Props total: 3385 3385
If this is anything like 1 and 2 it will do very well. Can’t wait to see trailer

Last edited by L1C4; 03-18-2019 at 03:45 AM..
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+103online now  16
Video inside 6'4" Amazonian Beach Volleyball Player From California
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+258online now  15
Candice Parker.. You had a good run... “Boxden’s HBCU Athelete of the Year!”
135 comments