The Official Organized Crime Thread pt2(news, docs, discussion ect)

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '10        #501
t from the 617 
space
space
$4,950 | Props total: 11908 11908
gotta give persico credit he survived in prison for a lifetime, i wonder what influence, if any, he had the past decade or so. apparently his family is still very well off.

carlo from the godfather is a lying fu*k if you get the chance, he was on an episode of gilbert gottfried's podcast spinning some of the best fiction i ever heard. then again, stranger things have happened.. definitely not that escobar story though

2 weeks ago '17        #502
Rich130 132 heat pts132
space
space
$3,436 | Props total: 9376 9376
 smokeytheblunt2 said
Carmine Persico, storied New York mobster and longtime Colombo family boss, dead at 85

By LARRY MCSHANE and JOHN ANNESE
| NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
MAR 08, 2019 | 4:00 AM

One of New York’s most storied mob bosses met his end in prison Thursday — old and sick, and mired in a lawsuit over his medical treatment.
Carmine (The Snake) Persico, the longtime boss of the Colombo crime family, died at age 85, the Daily News has learned. Persico was convicted of racketeering and murder in the famous mid-‘80s “Commission trial,” which put three of the city’s five crime family bosses in prison in one fell swoop. He was the last surviving defendant in that notorious case.
He was serving his sentence at the federal prison in Butner, N.C. when he died at Duke University Medical Center, confirmed his lawyer, Benson Weintraub. Among his reported pals at the medium-security prison was Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff. Persico spent the last 36 years of his life behind bars, serving a staggering 139-year sentence. But by most accounts, he remained the titular Colombo boss.

In 2016, Persico’s lawyers described a litany of health problems and called his 100-year sentence a “virtual life sentence.”
“Mr. Persico is legally blind in his right eye, and has diminished vision in his left eye. He also has limited use of his left and right arms and a deformity of his left wrist that has severely impacted his upper mobility,” his lawyer, Anthony DiPietro, wrote in March 2016.
“Mr. Persico is also predominantly wheelchair-bound as a result of his emphysema. In addition, Mr. Persico suffers from anemia and a multitude of cardiac issues that require periodic medical attention.” Persico sued the prison warden and a doctor there in December, alleging “deliberate indifference” to his deteriorating medical condition and calling for his compassionate release. He had serious infections in his legs, and was trying to block doctors from amputating his leg above the knee.
Wientraub said he suspected Persico died of the leg infections, which he said “spread as a result of deliberately indifferent treatment.” Persico was known to his friends as “Junior” and to his enemies as

“The Snake.” He was born on Aug. 8, 1933, and grew up in the working class Brooklyn enclaves of Carroll Gardens and Red Hook. His dad was a law firm stenographer, while his mother stayed home to raise Carmine and his siblings – fellow future mobsters Alphonse and Theodore, along with their sister Dolores.

Persico was a high school dropout and ran with a local street gang. His first arrest was at age 17 in the fatal beating of another youth during a melee in Prospect Park. When the charges were dropped, he was recruited to the world of organized crime – working in bookmaking and loan-sharking operations. By his mid-20s, Persico was a made man in the family headed by Joe Colombo.
He became affiliated with fellow Brooklyn mobsters the Gallo brothers – “Crazy” Joey, Larry and Albert, aka Kid Blast. Their crew was widely credited with the execution of mob boss Albert Anastasia, famously whacked inside a Manhattan barber shop.
The hit led to an internal family war, with the Gallos taking on boss Joe Profaci over what they felt was a slight following the Anastasia k*lling. The younger crew expected bigger responsibilities and more cash, only to clash with family’s old guard. Persico turned on the Gallos, aligning himself with Profaci in the war that left nine dead, three missing and 15 more wounded. He was reportedly involved in the attempted strangling of Larry Gallo inside a Brooklyn bar, a hit interrupted by a local police sergeant.
He later survived an attempted murder by the Gallo faction before a truce was declared in 1963.

Persico, though in prison for hijacking, ruled over a powerful crew inside the Colombos. After the 1971 shooting of boss Joe Colombo, he and his brothers grabbed control of the family. Persico ran the family from the outside after he was released from prison in 1979 — but his time on the street was short. Persico was indicted for racketeering in 1984 and arrested in the home of an FBI informant. He was also charged with the heads of other four families in the “Commission” prosecution led by then-U.S. Attorney Rudolph Giuliani.
Persico’s reply was to put out a contract on Giuliani.
He got a 39-year term in the first case. In the second, where he acted as his own attorney, Persico was hit with a 100-term – ensuring his death behind bars. One small victory: Federal Judge John F. Keenan hailed Persico as “one of the most intelligent people I have ever seen in my life” for his performance as a lawyer.

While running the family from behind bars, the Colombos descended into another internal bloodbath pitting Persico loyalists against supporters of new boss Victor (Little Vic) Amuso. The war destroyed the family, which was decimated by a dozen murders and as many defectors to the government side – including the family’s consigliere and two capos. Sixty-eight made men and a*sociates were arrested, including Carmine’s kid brother Theodore.
Persico appealed his conviction in 2016. The Second Circuit Court of Appeals shot down his request in 2017, and the U.S. Supreme Court refused to take the case later that year.

well damn.............

The Columbos have a few good movies in them

1. Carmine "The Snake" Perisco
2. Sonny Francese
3. Michael Francese
4. Greg Scarpa

Last edited by Rich130; 03-08-2019 at 08:26 AM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #503
Rich130 132 heat pts132
space
space
$3,436 | Props total: 9376 9376
Mob Defector's Sister Shot in Brooklyn : Crime: The attack is viewed as a message to potential 'rats.' The 'code' protecting women and children is broken.

March 11, 1992

NEW YORK — The sister of a mob defector who is a potential witness against reputed Mafia boss John Gotti was shot and seriously wounded outside her Brooklyn home Tuesday. Police sources said the attack was meant to warn others against revealing crime-family secrets.

Law enforcement sources said the shooting of Patricia Capozzalo, 38, sister of Peter Chiodo, appeared to break the mob "code of honor" against harming women, children or relatives not involved in organized crime.

"This is highly unusual," said one police investigator of organized crime who asked not to be identified. "It doesn't appear that she or her husband were involved in the family, and (mobsters) don't usually go after a woman.

"It could be that they went for her to teach everyone else a lesson," the investigator added. "They're sending a message out to anybody who decides to rat."

Chiodo's testimony last year helped to convict three mobsters of racketeering in a scheme that involved contracts for replacing windows in city-administered buildings. Five others in the so-called "Windows" trial were acquitted, among them Gotti's brother, Peter.

Chiodo, 40, a former captain in the Luchese crime family, was the target of an a*sassination attempt last year. As he looked under the hood of his car at a Staten Island gas station, he was shot 12 times in the stomach, chest, legs and arms. He survived because the bullets could not deeply penetrate his 435-pound frame, doctors said.

Chiodo, sweating in a wheelchair, testified during the trial that he turned government witness only after his wife and his father received death threats.

Chiodo and his family are at an undisclosed location under the Federal Witness Protection Program. His sister, Capozzalo, and her family chose to stay out of the program, aware of the mob tradition of sparing innocent relatives, a police source said.

Capozzalo, a homemaker and mother of three, had dropped off her son and several neighborhood children at school and was returning to her Bensonhurst home when a black van with tinted windows pulled alongside her car, police said. Two men in ski masks fired shots that lodged in her neck and back. She stumbled into her home and her husband called for help, police said. The gunmen escaped in the van, which was stolen.

She was taken to a hospital, where she was in serious but stable condition, police said. Police and FBI agents said they were investigating the shooting as mob-related.

Chiodo and Philip Leonetti, a reputed underboss in Philadelphia, originally were expected to testify against John Gotti, reputed boss of the Gambino family on trial for murder and racketeering in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn.

But the defection four months ago of Salvatore Gravano, Gotti's underboss and former co-defendant, outweighed testimony that Chiodo and Leonetti could offer as members of mob families only affiliated with the Gambinos, authorities said.

Neither Chiodo nor Leonetti is expected to testify against Gotti, whose trial was in recess Tuesday. Chiodo is expected to be a witness soon in what is being billed as the "Windows II" trial of, among others, his former mob boss, Vittorio Amuso.
+1   

1 week ago '10        #504
t from the 617 
space
space
damn they really got frank cali
@ it was definitely someone close to him not an ambush like paul. lot of info gonna come out in the next few months.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #505
smokeytheblunt2 5 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,780 | Props total: 20743 20743
 t from the 617 said
damn they really got frank cali
@ it was definitely someone close to him not an ambush like paul. lot of info gonna come out in the next few months.
I remember within the last couple years there was something about Frank and a mistress getting into a domestic and that Joe Gambino had to step in cuz members were pissed.......

Maybe it was something like that again...

Lol people are already saying it was Gene Gotti......

Been the most interesting mob week in a long time......

2 bosses dead and the admin of the Bonnanos are back on the street now that Mikey Nose is free and Porky and that other guy just beat the feds......
+1   

1 week ago '16        #506
space
space
its very possible that Frank lost a lot of power when Joe Gambino died.............

1 week ago '10        #507
t from the 617 
space
space
 smokeytheblunt2 said
I remember within the last couple years there was something about Frank and a mistress getting into a domestic and that Joe Gambino had to step in cuz members were pissed.......

Maybe it was something like that again...

Lol people are already saying it was Gene Gotti......

Been the most interesting mob week in a long time......

2 bosses dead and the admin of the Bonnanos are back on the street now that Mikey Nose is free and Porky and that other guy just beat the feds......
i really think the domestic angle makes a lot of sense. john gambino has been dead for a little while now and maybe he was looking out for cali, cause we know he was never muscle. a lot of his status came from the inzerillos and you know how sicilians get if they feel like they've been disrespected. directly or indirectly.

this sh*t is gonna get real fascinating. an italian article said cali had links with the ndrangheta too so this sh*t really could have come from anywhere.

lets be real tho we know who did this...... vito
+1   

1 week ago '16        #508
space
space
 t from the 617 said
i really think the domestic angle makes a lot of sense. john gambino has been dead for a little while now and maybe he was looking out for cali, cause we know he was never muscle. a lot of his status came from the inzerillos and you know how sicilians get if they feel like they've been disrespected. directly or indirectly.

this sh*t is gonna get real fascinating. an italian article said cali had links with the ndrangheta too so this sh*t really could have come from anywhere.

lets be real tho we know who did this...... vito
I just got done reading that he was having problems with people in Palermo and with how zip heavy the Gambinos are it could've been them........

and cheating on Tall Pete's sister openly probably wasn't a great idea..........
+1   

1 week ago '16        #509
space
space

[video - click to view]

1 week ago '10        #510
t from the 617 
space
space
some pics for the hell of it

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

this is supposed to be a recent pic of him

[pic - click to view]

maybe it wasn't the sicilians.. maybe it was the return of sammy bull

[pic - click to view]

+2   

1 week ago '16        #511
space
space
 t from the 617 said
some pics for the hell of it

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

this is supposed to be a recent pic of him

[pic - click to view]

maybe it wasn't the sicilians.. maybe it was the return of sammy bull

[pic - click to view]

it was sammy and Vito..........

they're taking over everything everywhere..........
+1   

1 week ago '16        #512
space
space
damn, sammy looks like he's been dead for 10 years............
+2   

1 week ago '16        #513
space
space
it has to be complete bullsh*t but I keep hearing Gene and Mannino's names being brought up..............

1 week ago '10        #514
t from the 617 
space
space
 smokeytheblunt2 said
it has to be complete bullsh*t but I keep hearing Gene and Mannino's names being brought up..............
lorenzo yeah i could see him being involved since it makes most sense for it to be among the sicilians.. but then again if i know one thing it's to expect the unexpected.. that would be some sh*t if it was gene, he was definitely no joke back in his day and the sicilians kinda took control from pete, even tho pete's overall power was always in question.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #515
space
space
 t from the 617 said
lorenzo yeah i could see him being involved since it makes most sense for it to be among the sicilians.. but then again if i know one thing it's to expect the unexpected.. that would be some sh*t if it was gene, he was definitely no joke back in his day and the sicilians kinda took control from pete, even tho pete's overall power was always in question.
Pete never had any real power and Gene hates him.............

whats interesting to note is that Jackie Nose is close to the Sicilians and that's whose crew Cali came up through..........

its weird, last week Cali was one of the most well liked guys out there, now all these little stories are coming out about him stepping on all kinds of toes the last few years...........

1 week ago '16        #516
space
space
let the reckless speculation begin!

I got my money on the zips............

1 week ago '10        #517
t from the 617 
space
space
 smokeytheblunt2 said
let the reckless speculation begin!

I got my money on the zips............
they're saying this sh*t is on tape... guy was in a car, frank was talking to him and they shot him.

i can only a*sume they're gonna find the shooter very soon
+1   

1 week ago '16        #518
space
space
 t from the 617 said
they're saying this sh*t is on tape... guy was in a car, frank was talking to him and they shot him.

i can only a*sume they're gonna find the shooter very soon
I figured that there would be cameras somewhere..........

1 week ago '10        #519
t from the 617 
space
space
 smokeytheblunt2 said
I figured that there would be cameras somewhere..........
also saying its possible that they staged a car crash out front of the house to possibly lure cali outside.. i gotta take a few days off from the internet and let some info pile up this sh*t got me itchin like a fiend for updates
+1   

1 week ago '16        #520
space
space
 t from the 617 said
also saying its possible that they staged a car crash out front of the house to possibly lure cali outside.. i gotta take a few days off from the internet and let some info pile up this sh*t got me itchin like a fiend for updates
Same here......

1 week ago '16        #521
space
space
TALE OF THE TAPE
Hitman Handed License Plate to Mob Boss Before Shooting Him to death
Video shows how one man drew crime boss Frank Cali out of his Staten Island home before slaying him in his own driveway.
Michael Daly

A video shows Gambino crime boss Frank Cali emerging from his Staten Island home on Wednesday night in his very last moments. He apparently was responding to the sound of a pickup truck backing into his Cadillac SUV in his driveway, causing the license plate to detach.

The video, as described to The Daily Beast by a law enforcement official who has seen it, then shows Cali pausing to close his front door, perhaps out of concern for his family inside, or maybe just to ensure a dog or a cat does not get out. He steps over to the driver of the pickup truck.

The driver is wearing a hoodie and a baseball cap, so his face is not clearly visible as he and Cali speak. Cali reaches into his pants pocket, as if to suggest he had a gun.

The driver then bends down and picks up the license plate. He holds it out to Cali, who takes it and steps over to the rear of the SUV.

Cali has his back to the driver as he puts the license plate into the rear compartment of his SUV. The driver chooses this moment to produce a gun and shoots Cali.

Cali goes down. The driver stands over Cali, firing again and again, as if to make absolutely sure his victim is dead. His face remains obscure, but the muzzle flashes are unmistakable.

The driver then calmly walks back to the pickup truck and drives away, having committed the first New York mob boss hit ever recorded on video.

The aftermath of other big mob hits were recorded iconic still images; Albert Anastasia on a barbershop floor in 1957; Carmine Galante sprawled in a back garden in 1979, the cigar in his mouth; Paul Castellano in the street outside a midtown steakhouse in 1985.

But this one in 2019 was recorded on video by a surveillance camera outside Cali’s home. His family declined to make it available to police, who returned with a search warrant. And now detectives were out searching for a gunman who will always be remembered for the moment he bent down and picked up a license plate and handed to a mob boss who was in his final moments.

fu*king crazy...........

1 week ago '16        #522
space
space
this sh*t was on our local news even............

wow

1 week ago '16        #523
space
space
Frank Cali, Gambino mob boss, gunned down in New York gangland hit
By Chuck Goudie and Barb Markoff and Ross Weidner

Like a dormant volcano suddenly bursting skyward, New York's criminal underworld violently erupted Wednesday night with a torrent of gunfire that took down Francesco "Franky Boy" Cali, boss of the notorious Gambino Mafia family.

It was the first major mob hit within New York City's five ruling Mafia families in more than three decades.

The syndicate's mostly peaceful hibernation came to an end on Staten Island about 9:30 pm when law enforcement sources say a dozen gunshots were fired likely by a lone a*sassin, six of them hitting Cali-cutting short his life and his reign over the Gambino crime family.

Cali, 53, had left his house to investigate the sound of crunching metal, according to the NYPD. His car had been hit while parked on the street in front of his home according to New York City chief of detectives Dermot F. Shea. There was a "conversation or an altercation" according to Chief Shea, who indicates that the accident may have been a staged ruse to get Cali out of his house so he could be k*lled. "It's quite possible that was part of a plan," Shea said.

He was hit by close-range gunfire while his wife and child were still inside their home. Detectives found 12 shell casings at the scene. Cali died a short time later at Staten Island University Hospital North.

Police have reviewed surveillance video from neighboring homes and security recordings from Cali's house. The videos show a minute-long incident on the street, according to Shea, including "muzzle fire" and apparently the actual shooting with a 9mm pistol.
There were initial reports that Cali was also run over by the hitman's blue getaway pickup truck, but authorities now say that didn't happen. Investigators believe that he did try to scramble to safety after being hit by the initial rounds, attempting to take cover behind his Cadillac S-U-V. His bullet-riddled body was found behind the car, leading to the speculation that he had been hit.

Regardless, mobologists consider a hit on a crime syndicate boss at his home to be unusual and possibly a "message murder," even though it isn't apparent what the message to the Gambino's would be.

There has been a recent uptick in Mafia violence the past year in New York, most of it directed at lower echelon hoodlums including the shooting death of Bonanno crime family a*sociate Sylvester Zottola, 71, at a McDonald's drive-thru in the Bronx last fall.

Perhaps that ambush and other less lethal skirmishes were small tremors leading up to the Wednesday night quake.

Authorities on Thursday however said that they were ruling out no motives but Chief Shea said that "Mr. Cali's prior dealings are a focus point." Police are also said to be looking for additional people and vehicles that may have been on the scene at the time of the street ambush.

Investigators say they are considering if Cal's a*sassination signals the start of a new mob war; whether it could have been a one-off underworld solution to a specific problem or a renegade mob soldier with a beef against the boss.

Typically, crime syndicate slayings of this magnitude are not coincidental and bosses are almost never rubbed out without express approval from upper-level Mafiosi.

The last major mob hit in New York was in 1985 when then-Gambino boss Paul Castellano was shot dead outside Sparks Steakhouse in Midtown Manhattan. Castellano's k*lling was ordered by the iconic godfather John Gotti-and intended to clear a path for Gotti's immediate ascension to the top of the Gambino family.

Prosecutions and the 2002 prison death of Gotti, known as the "Teflon Don," left Gambino gangland operations in disarray.

Cali was thought to have righted the ship after being posted at the helm of the Gambino crime organization in 2015. Shunning the fancy pinstripe suits and public attention that his predecessors craved, investigators say Cali was a quiet workhorse, refocusing attention on core mob rackets including labor union corruption, loansharking and also on a burgeoning heroin and pain pill trade in New York.

For the NYPD and FBI now looking for motive and suspects in Cali's demise, a complicating factor is his close connection to the Sicilian Mafia. He is a native of Sicily and his wife is the niece of Gambino capo John Gambino. Authorities are considering whether the hit was ordered from overseas and if so, why.

Cali's criminal history is thin. He served only one prison term, 16 months for extortion back in 2008. The conviction, bargained down from a racketeering charge, involved a failed attempt to build a NASCAR race track on Staten Island.

Mob murders are not usually solved. In Chicago, where there have been more than 1400 Outfit-linked k*llings since before Al Capone's steely rule, only a handful have ever resulted in prosecution.

The past few decades Chicago gangsters have seemingly taken a kinder, gentler approach to their traditionally blood-soaked profession. There have been very few gangland k*llings here in recent years, although one high-ranking Chicago mob boss is still missing and presumed dead. Anthony "Little Tony" Zizzo hasn't been seen since saying goodbye to his wife and leaving their west suburban home for a meeting in 2006.

New York mob families had practiced a similar peacenik approach-until last night, presuming that Cali was indeed the target of a gangland hit.

Several items are up for discussion by local and federal law enforcement as they gather for their post-crime "roundtable" to discuss the evidence:
The whereabouts and activities Wednesday night of Gene Gotti, 71, the younger brother of the late John Gotti, who was released from prison last year. The Teflon Don's brother was locked up for 29 years for heroin trafficking and is a "made" member of the Gambino family - fully initiated, according to authorities. Investigators want to determine whether he may be muscling for the top spot once held by his flamboyant brother

Is there more than a quirk of timing that the Cali k*lling occurred hours after two accused Bonanno bosses were acquitted in federal court and set free? "Joe C" Cammarana, Jr., and John "Porky" Zancocchio walked out of federal court Wednesday afternoon as free men, following a two week trial on racketeering and extortion charges.

Their novel-and successful-defense for the jury was that they had been unfairly profiled because of their Italian heritage and that the Mafia was dead.

A few hours later, at least the latter argument seemed to have been disproved in a hail of bullets.

"Several items are up for discussion by local and federal law enforcement as they gather for their post-crime "roundtable" to discuss the evidence:
The whereabouts and activities Wednesday night of Gene Gotti, 71, the younger brother of the late John Gotti, who was released from prison last year. The Teflon Don's brother was locked up for 29 years for heroin trafficking and is a "made" member of the Gambino family - fully initiated, according to authorities. Investigators want to determine whether he may be muscling for the top spot once held by his flamboyant brother

Is there more than a quirk of timing that the Cali k*lling occurred hours after two accused Bonanno bosses were acquitted in federal court and set free? "Joe C" Cammarana, Jr., and John "Porky" Zancocchio walked out of federal court Wednesday afternoon as free men, following a two week trial on racketeering and extortion charges."

the reckless speculation has officially started!

1 week ago '16        #524
space
space

1 week ago '16        #525
space
space
Gene Gotti has got to be PISSED right now..............

Home      

most viewed right now
+71online now  13
How's a nigga supposed to stay p0rn free with these hoes
127 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+42online now  10
Image(s) inside WOW: J. PRINCE Really THE GODFATHER Of HOUSTON, Look How He WAVE OFF H..
156 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+30online now  10
Image(s) inside Mar 21 - Cliff Dixon robbed n killed at his own bday party..smh
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+19online now  6
Image(s) inside Mar 21 - Alexandra OCasio Cortez covers TIME magaIne