Mar 13 - New Jersey teen gets 17 college acceptance letters, overcomes homelessness

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '11        #1
306 page views
17 comments

Sin 1929 heat pts1929
space
space
$28,896 | Props total: 84340 84340
Mar 13 - New Jersey teen gets 17 college acceptance letters, overcomes homelessness

A determined New Jersey teenager just overcame the odds to be the first in his family to go to college — in an epic way. Despite dealing with homelessness throughout his life, 17-year-old Dylan Chid*ck now has his choice of colleges to pick from after receiving 17 acceptance letters, CBS New York reported.
After moving from Trinidad at 7 years old and becoming a citizen, Chid*ck and his family went through countless heartaches. His younger twin brothers are living with serious heart conditions and his family has been in and out of homelessness.
"My family went through a lot and there has been a lot of people saying, 'you can't do that,' or 'you're not going to achieve this,' and me — getting these acceptances — kind of verifies what I have been saying. I can do it and I will do it," Chid*ck said.

The Jersey City student set his goals high and met them. He became the senior class president at Henry Snyder High School and got inducted into the honor society. Now, he is looking to become the first in his family to attend college.
"The dream I want to achieve, I have to have a lot of determination," he said.

It was his single mother's courage to ask for help from the non-profit group Women Rising that Chid*ck said makes him want to do better.
"It has been hard financially, we have been homeless," the teen's mother, Khadine Phillip, said.
"Making herself vulnerable and putting herself out there, that made me determined to never let us get back in that situation again," Chid*ck added.

"She is a great example in doing everything necessary to help her children," said Roseann Mazzeo, executive director for Women Rising.
Among many things, the center has put them up in permanent supportive housing, giving Chid*ck a safe place to study and wait on his last acceptance letter.
"The College of New Jersey. I haven't heard back yet, but that is my top school right now," he said. Given his financial situation, the costs for all the college applications were waived.
Chid*ck hopes 18 will be his lucky number and bring him 18 choices for a bright future.
When he figures out where he wants to go, Chid*ck said he wants to study political science.

visit this link https://www.cbsnews.com/n .. inkId=64735436

Last edited by Sin; 03-13-2019 at 02:48 PM..
+13   

17 comments for "Mar 13 - New Jersey teen gets 17 college acceptance letters, overcomes homelessness"

2 weeks ago '04        #2
ItAlY2BkLyN 240 heat pts240
space
space
$25,226 | Props total: 16839 16839
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #3
Neg Mwen 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,316 | Props total: 5029 5029
Proud of this kid
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #4
Naga Sadow 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,148 | Props total: 46238 46238
Great post @. How's the recovery going homie?
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #5
acefresh 23 heat pts23
space
space
$9,708 | Props total: 33715 33715

[pic - click to view]

+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #6
Fisher 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$104 | Props total: 353 353
Black lives matter
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #7
Sin 1929 heat pts1929 OP
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
Great post @. How's the recovery going homie?
Not as good as Iíd hope not totally bad just not 100%

Everything was pointing towards everything being good but the blood test say creatinine levels are rising

They just had me do a dialysis treatment to clean everything out and scheduled a biopsy tomorrow morning to see whatís going on inside

The team of doctors seem component and have hope things will still work
+5   

2 weeks ago '12        #8
Di Warlord 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,774 | Props total: 16647 16647
dope inspiration

I'm procrastinating hard from writing this paper right now and I need to get back to work
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #9
RomansEmpire 
space
space
space
$65 | Props total: 73 73
how are you homeless but fat as fu*k

2 weeks ago '11        #10
Sin 1929 heat pts1929 OP
space
space
 RomansEmpire said
how are you homeless but fat as fu*k
Homeless doesnít necessarily mean sleeping on the street

I know homeless families sleeping on other family living room

They still eat and have money coming in just donít have a an address of their own
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #11
RomansEmpire 
space
space
space
$65 | Props total: 73 73
yeah eatin them paychecks son

2 weeks ago '17        #12
Naga Sadow 31 heat pts31
space
space
 Sin said

Everything was pointing towards everything being good but the blood test say creatinine levels are rising

They just had me do a dialysis treatment to clean everything out and scheduled a biopsy tomorrow morning to see whatís going on inside

Dag. I hope everything gets better homie.

+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #13
realkilla3 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,006 | Props total: 10225 10225
Damn..this one hit home

to dude overcoming the odds when things get hard you keep it pushing!

2 weeks ago '11        #14
Sin 1929 heat pts1929 OP
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
Dag. I hope everything gets better homie.

Yeah the kidney is in and somewhat working doctor says they want to scan to see if they can reposition or adjust it to work better

When they transplant new kidneys they put the kidney in you abdominal but our kidneys normally go in the middle of our back and they leave the old ones in so i currently have 3

Atleast one of My old kidneys never stopped functioning it just couldnít support my whole body anymore

They determined the original failure cause was some rare disease called focal segmental glomerulosclerosis or FSGS for short
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #15
Naga Sadow 31 heat pts31
space
space
 Sin said
Yeah the kidney is in and somewhat working doctor says they want to scan to see if they can reposition or adjust it to work better

When they transplant new kidneys they put the kidney in you abdominal but our kidneys normally go in the middle of our back and they leave the old ones in so i currently have 3

Atleast one of My old kidneys never stopped functioning it just couldnít support my whole body anymore

They determined the original failure cause was some rare disease called focal segmental glomerulosclerosis or FSGS for short
Just hold firm homie. You'll be in my prayers.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #16
ItAlY2BkLyN 240 heat pts240
space
space
$25,226 | Props total: 16839 16839
 Sin said

Oh sh*t what'd I miss? What you dealing with my dude Hope you're ok.
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #17
Sin 1929 heat pts1929 OP
space
space
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
Oh sh*t what'd I miss? What you dealing with my dude Hope you're ok.
Yeah i definitely forgot to add you to the street thread

Iím feeling good, the transport people just came to get me to take me to the biopsy procedure to see whatís going on with the new kidney

Itís working just not at 100% as expected and theyíre going to look scan and test to see if anything different can be done to make it work at 100%

Iím in good spirits
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #18
imthatinfamous 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,930 | Props total: 7610 7610
fu*k the acceptance letters give my man 17 scholarship offers

Last edited by imthatinfamous; 03-14-2019 at 01:57 PM..
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+39online now  33
Image(s) inside B00ty Movement
41 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  25
Peter Griffin's Stupidity Isn't Funny
96 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+29online now  21
Video inside Remember when Jay z Forbode and banned Beyonce from filming with Sean P..
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+127online now  12
Image(s) inside #SurvivingCardiB Spreads Across Social Media, After She Admits To Drug..
375 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy