Mar 10 - $15 Minimum Wage Laws Are Wiping Out Jobs in New York and Illinois

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '09        #251
BorrachoRenfro 1 heat pts
space
space
$329 | Props total: 115 115
I don't want to bi*ch, b/c i feel fortunate, but managing a restaurant is becoming a b---h. It is impossible to hit our labor budget goals with increasing min. wage which k*lls my labor bonus, plus the value of my salary goes down with wage increase. Annual salary increases basically get me back to where I started. Then the restaurant raises prices and that hurts business. Then we lose quality workers b/c we cut hours. Then we train new ones, which again, k*ll our labor budget, plus lowers the quality of service, which hurts business. I am thinking about getting into something else.

2 weeks ago '18        #252
CTisGoat 24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,045 | Props total: 2178 2178
 MayneThaTruth2 said
Im grown, why df would I be working at burger world n*gga??
Well considering u lack basic reading comprehension, I wouldn't be surprised if you did work there .

Last edited by CTisGoat; 03-13-2019 at 07:38 AM..

2 weeks ago '10        #253
t from the 617 
space
space
$4,961 | Props total: 11966 11966
the people at the top will always tell you it's not feasible. they're lying. they get hundreds of millions in bonuses and they increase each year. if they could pay you nothing, they would.

[pic - click to view]

2 weeks ago '07        #254
DoctorNBA 53 heat pts53
space
space
$7,116 | Props total: 5716 5716
 Aztlan said
Make it the federal minimum wage. Motherfu*kers won't have nowhere to run.

People are losing their jobs because execs don't wanna give up their bonuses and companies wanna fatten their war chests. That's fu*ked up.

If paying people a livable wage is not sustainable, what does that say about capitalism and the cost of living in this country?
Bruh its simple economics. Supply and demand. You can't mess that graph up without negative consequences. You can't pay ppl more than they're worth just like you cant sell a product thats more than its worth.

You boys just dont understand how things work man. Wanna fit a square peg in a round hole.

U have got to give ppl incentives to create jobs and make a great living. Yall want this livable wage and dont want these businesses to eat. Do yall realize how that k*lls motivation to do good and be better? Its a job k*ller.

Lets give everyone a trophy damnit!

2 weeks ago '18        #255
CTisGoat 24 heat pts24
space
space
 DoctorNBA said
Bruh its simple economics. Supply and demand. You can't mess that graph up without negative consequences. You can't pay ppl more than they're worth just like you cant sell a product thats more than its worth.

You boys just dont understand how things work man. Wanna fit a square peg in a round hole.

U have got to give ppl incentives to create jobs and make a great living. Yall want this livable wage and dont want these businesses to eat. Do yall realize how that k*lls motivation to do good and be better? Its a job k*ller.

Lets give everyone a trophy damnit!
everything u said, was said about the original mininum wage. how did that workout?

Its crazy how people just say the same bullsh*t even after its been proven wrong.

People really think these large companies making record profits will go under because of the hike.

Or that they will "stop creating jobs".

2 weeks ago '07        #256
DoctorNBA 53 heat pts53
space
space
$7,116 | Props total: 5716 5716
 CTisGoat said
everything u said, was said about the original mininum wage. how did that workout?

Its crazy how people just say the same bullsh*t even after its been proven wrong.

People really think these large companies making record profits will go under because of the hike.

Or that they will "stop creating jobs".
No fool. But a family owned hardware store or mom and pop grocery store or something similar might. Possibly a local owned construction company. Pretty much anything with high overhead. U know, small businesses, just the backbone of the country and all.

U boys are foolish about economics.

2 weeks ago '18        #257
MayneThaTruth2 35 heat pts35
space
space
space
$3,533 | Props total: 3768 3768
 CTisGoat said
Well considering u lack basic reading comprehension, I wouldn't be surprised if you did work there .
I dont think you feel I lack any type of comprehension. I just think you refuse to admit your wrong, so you dealt with that by throwing a shot.

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '19        #258
Covfefe2020 1 heat pts
space
space
$939 | Props total: 1157 1157
Can't wait to see NYC turn into a complete sh*t hole, I'll be laughing my a*s off at the struggle for the idiots living there

2 weeks ago '07        #259
JamcnPrettyboy 103 heat pts103
space
space
$24,692 | Props total: 10545 10545
 CTisGoat said
Thats why NY is losing people like crazy.
True but you still have a large number of people here who have a false sense of pride. A lot of NY'ers are too stupid to leave because they're told NY is the greatest place on earth. Majority of people struggle and still have this thinking which is sad. The opportunities here are great but if you're not working towards something bigger than just having a job and paying bills I really see no reason to be here.

This city is only fun if you're stable or have a lot of money

Last edited by JamcnPrettyboy; 03-13-2019 at 05:44 PM..

2 weeks ago '18        #260
CTisGoat 24 heat pts24
space
space
 DoctorNBA said
No fool. But a family owned hardware store or mom and pop grocery store or something similar might. Possibly a local owned construction company. Pretty much anything with high overhead. U know, small businesses, just the backbone of the country and all.

U boys are foolish about economics.
Ya man that makes sense.

Esp since the hike atm is for businesses with 11 more employees.

Amazon is the company putting out small businesses. Maybe u need to learn about the world before u talk sh*t.

And as I've shown many times in this thread.....

Stop talking out ur a*s please.

2 weeks ago '06        #261
qnz raw pusha 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,016 | Props total: 587 587
It really hurt the restaraunt business crazy.. not the corporate spots like fridays or buffalo wild wings but mom n pop n family n independently owned restaurants so much.... now prices going up hours getting cut for employees... ppl losing jobs so owners can aave money.. its a crazy business but this def hurt from a owners side.. im not a owner but i see it.. but owners be greedy af ......non corporate rest workers need more love
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+41online now  40
Image(s) inside B00ty Movement
43 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  25
Peter Griffin's Stupidity Isn't Funny
96 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+29online now  18
Video inside Remember when Jay z Forbode and banned Beyonce from filming with Sean P..
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+127online now  11
Image(s) inside #SurvivingCardiB Spreads Across Social Media, After She Admits To Drug..
375 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy