How to optimize your gut and brain bacteria

most viewed right now
+22  132
29 comments @sports
most viewed right now
+99  91
36 comments @hiphop

section    |  0 bx goons and 6 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The BX Gym

4 weeks ago '10        #1
2220 page views
7 comments

Shhon 1362 heat pts1362
space
space
$22,738 | Props total: 35729 35729
How to optimize your gut and brain bacteria

Big Think

Published on Jul 27, 2019

What you eat – and when – can make you superhuman.

- The importance of the microbiome has really come to the fore in the last five years. Viome, a company that analyzed the feces of 100,000 people, has discovered 10,000 new types of gut bacteria.

- Additionally, Improved imaging technology led scientists to discover you don't have just one microbiome, you have two. The second one is in your brain, populated by the same bacteria that live in your gut.

- Simple habits can foster healthy gut and brain bacteria, which can help you live longer and age more slowly. Eat mostly vegetables, take fiber and prebiotics, and practice intermittent fasting, says Dave Asprey.

Dave Asprey is a Silicon Valley tech entrepreneur, professional biohacker, the New York Times bestselling author of Game Changers, Head Strong and The Bulletproof Diet, the creator of Bulletproof Coffee, and the host of Bulletproof Radio, the Webby Award–winning, number one–ranked podcast. His new book, available for pre-order, is Super Human The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever

Last edited by Shhon; 07-27-2019 at 01:13 PM..
+10   

best
worst
7 comments

4 weeks ago '07        #2
andros06 
space
space
space
$1,222 | Props total: 881 881
Awesome info! I've been into all this kinda sh*t this past year. Intermittent fasting is the truth!! Gotta check out some prebiotics now
+3   

4 weeks ago '19        #3
Marlo16 
space
space
space
$225 | Props total: 1247 1247
Intermittent fasting and ADF are powerful tools.
+2   

4 weeks ago '15        #4
jayande 
space
space
space
$1,465 | Props total: 1849 1849
 Marlo16 said
Intermittent fasting and ADF are powerful tools.
What's ADF??
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #5
Marlo16 
space
space
space
$225 | Props total: 1247 1247
 jayande said
What's ADF??
Alternate Day Fasting. You can fast for one whole day then pretty much eat what you want the next day, Within reason. I’ve been doing it for a few weeks now and it’s easier that I thought it would be
+3   

4 weeks ago '15        #6
jayande 
space
space
space
$1,465 | Props total: 1849 1849
 Marlo16 said
Alternate Day Fasting. You can fast for one whole day then pretty much eat what you want the next day, Within reason. I’ve been doing it for a few weeks now and it’s easier that I thought it would be
Great strategy. Thanks for the response. I'll have to add that to my regemine.
+1   

1 week ago '05        #7
A-Dot 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,097 | Props total: 1802 1802

1 week ago '12        #8
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,299 | Props total: 16183 16183
As far as gut health, i see people taking tons of probiotics. But that's only a fraction. In fact probiotics can actually make things worse in certain cases. 4 major things that help your gut health are unrefined sea, resistant starch and good fats.

Proper hydration . Alot of people and I mean ALOT of people are walking around dehydrated and dont know. You have alot of people with health issues. And it came from years and years of chronic dehydration. Chronic dehydration can cause yeast overgrowth in the gut! Less fluid means less stomach acid, less pathogens leaving the body and lower internal organ functionality. ALot of people dont know this. Chronic dehydration also raises cortisol levels and causes youre adrenals and liver to overwork. Get plenty of salt,potassium and magnesium to hold water in the body. Some people drink purified water with a pinch of unrefined sea salt in it to help hydrate better.

Doctors screwed up a bunch of people telling them to go low on salt. Salt is like your number one defense against pathogens as far as minerals. As long as youre eating potassium rich foods, drinking plenty of water and exercising, salt will not really hurt you. Especially if its unrefined. Table salt is crap. Its unbalanced. Unrefined salt will helps you created more stomach acid so your digestion will be on point. You'll have less putrefaction in the gut.

Another thing they did was tell cats that starch is bad. Not if its coming from the right source. Sweet potatoes!!! Boil them. Baking them will turn them into sugar and destroy the starch. Your good gut flora will love them.

Omegas especially omega 3 help seal your gut. Wild caught alsakan salmon is like the best source. Some people like avocados. But some are allergic to them because of a latex allergy.

Last edited by daman729; 08-16-2019 at 06:46 AM..
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  31
NBA Steve urkel is in the new 2k
41 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+44online now  28
Workout Change the look of your body in only 2 workouts w/ The Snatch Grip Hig..
91 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+131online now  20
Video inside INSANE: China is unlocking supernatural powers in Africans!
145 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  19
Image(s) inside The TOP 5 MOST CRINGEST, UNCOMFORTABLE, DISTRUBING BRILLANT MOVIES OF ..
52 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy