Can I get swole quads from leg extensions alone?

most viewed right now
10 comments @sports
most viewed right now
+61  71
27 comments @hiphop

section    |  0 bx goons and 2 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The BX Gym

1 month ago '11        #1
2511 page views
19 comments

QB Eagles 300 heat pts300
space
space
$16,831 | Props total: 12791 12791
Can I get swole quads from leg extensions alone?

I would like to stick to leg extensions and leg curls to get big muscular quads. Is this possible?

best
worst
19 comments

1 month ago '10        #2
soto 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$68 | Props total: 7 7
No. You need to incorporate a variation of back squats, front squats, split squats, hack squats, lunges and weighted steps ups. Hack squats and lunges are great for the quad bulge to pop out. Leg extensions and leg curls are secondary/accessory work. Good luck!
+3   

1 month ago '05        #3
ArKane 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,797 | Props total: 2997 2997
 QB Eagles said
I would like to stick to leg extensions and leg curls to get big muscular quads. Is this possible?
you can achieve hypertrophy, sure.

however because there is a limit to what you can leg curl and extend you need a compound exercise...Back squats are the best for legs all you really need...yes they are hard but

If you cant squat for whateve reason Leg Press with different variations, leg curl, and leg extension can get you big legs...but if you can squat physically why do all that when you can just squat and get extra benefits with your core and some upper body

i have missing cartilage in my spine so i do not heavy squat any more, but i still squat for reps just not nearly as heavy as i use too.

Last edited by ArKane; 07-18-2019 at 04:45 AM..
+4   

1 month ago '17        #4
92baby 2 heat pts
space
space
$14,527 | Props total: 28611 28611
 soto said
No. You need to incorporate a variation of back squats, front squats, split squats, hack squats, lunges and weighted steps ups. Hack squats and lunges are great for the quad bulge to pop out. Leg extensions and leg curls are secondary/accessory work. Good luck!
You do not need all those damn exercises
+3   

1 month ago '10        #5
soto 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$68 | Props total: 7 7
 92baby said
You do not need all those damn exercises
Well I did say a variation of... he asked a question and I gave him options. What do you suggest then?

1 month ago '17        #6
92baby 2 heat pts
space
space
 soto said
Well I did say a variation of... he asked a question and I gave him options. What do you suggest then?
Back squat is really all you need with a couple secondary

Keep it simple for people that dont know man you'll have this cat doing all that in one workout. He'll k*ll himself
+2   

1 month ago '17        #7
tu calmas 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,861 | Props total: 16425 16425
front squat hits quads more than back squat fwiw
+3   

1 month ago '05        #8
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,052 | Props total: 11137 11137
Sure, but it's not efficient, as you're neglecting the rest of your anterior and posterior chain.

My thighs are about 26" each at around 200 lb, and I NEVER do leg extensions or leg curls. My leg workouts are purely back squats, front squats and deadlifts. If you're a beginner to squats or deadlifts, LEARN PROPER FORM (proper mechanics, breathing, etc.) or you'll end up injuring yourself.

My accessory lifts are lunges, farmers walks and other exercises if I can squat or deadlift.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #9
92baby 2 heat pts
space
space
 pnoi89 said
Sure, but it's not efficient, as you're neglecting the rest of your anterior and posterior chain.

My thighs are about 26" each at around 200 lb, and I NEVER do leg extensions or leg curls. My leg workouts are purely back squats, front squats and deadlifts. If you're a beginner to squats or deadlifts, LEARN PROPER FORM (proper mechanics, breathing, etc.) or you'll end up injuring yourself.

My accessory lifts are lunges, farmers walks and other exercises if I can squat or deadlift.
I'd let him put offf on the deadlifts

I hear mixed reviews and I have mixed feelings myself about it

1 month ago '05        #10
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
 92baby said
I'd let him put offf on the deadlifts

I hear mixed reviews and I have mixed feelings myself about it
If you're referring to this:

It's mainly addressing that at high weight, the risk is high for injury if there's any breakdown in form. At least with other movements, there's some room for bad form for "cheat" reps without a high risk of injury, unlike deadlifts. You can argue the same issue with a complex movement like squats too...
+1   

1 month ago '17        #11
92baby 2 heat pts
space
space
 pnoi89 said

It's mainly addressing that at high weight, the risk is high for injury if there's any breakdown in form. At least with other movements, there's some room for bad form for "cheat" reps without a high risk of injury, unlike deadlifts. You can argue the same issue with a complex movement like squats too...
Yes but squats are safer

I dont like all that weight on top of me anyway most i do is low 300s

Deadlifts I either do low weight or low reps

1 month ago '05        #12
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
 92baby said
Yes but squats are safer

I dont like all that weight on top of me anyway most i do is low 300s

Deadlifts I either do low weight or low reps
Deadlifts are just as safe as squats, given that the lifts are performed properly... At the same time, both are equally as difficult to learn.

1 month ago '17        #13
92baby 2 heat pts
space
space
 pnoi89 said
Deadlifts are just as safe as squats, given that the lifts are performed properly... At the same time, both are equally as difficult to learn.
Depends on the user

I can do both exercises
But alot of people with more experience than you and I say have spoken negativity about deadlifts

Most if not 95 percent of lifts praise the squat the squat is the most complete exercise imo

It hits everything below the neck

But I respect your opinion on the matter

1 month ago '11        #14
QB Eagles 300 heat pts300 OP
space
space
$16,831 | Props total: 12791 12791
 pnoi89 said

This is why I'm reluctant on doing squats/deadlifts.

pnoi89 said
If you're a beginner to squats or deadlifts, LEARN PROPER FORM (proper mechanics, breathing, etc.) or you'll end up injuring yourself.
What do you suggest is the best way to learn proper form?

1 month ago '05        #15
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
 QB Eagles said

For free and to not need to pay a professional to coach you proper form, you can video tape yourself from the side, front and/or back, then post it online for critique.. If you’re hesitant to show your face, just use the many sites online to blur or cover it. At lower weights, you’ll be fine, even if you end up having bad form. Learn the form from the ground up, but don’t be afraid to learn and take advice.

Focus on your breathing and learning to brace (using the Valsalva maneuver) to protect your back.

1 month ago '07        #16
J_Duece 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,477 | Props total: 2211 2211
 QB Eagles said

Box squats, can definitely help with form. Try squatting with just you're body weight over a box that will allow your legs to go close to 90°

1 month ago '04        #17
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,423 | Props total: 658 658
Believe it or not, you don't NEED to Squat. Some of the most known bodybuilders now are saying this. Squats are the best all around but not everyone can do them for different reasons. There are people like me (herniated disc) that can't do them and they still get big a*s legs. Take a look at this article from Lyle Mcdonald (well known in the lifting circles) talking about this:

A lot of bodybuilders the past year have also said that Front Squats and Romanian or Stiff Legged Deadlifts are better than traditional Squats and Deadlifts when it comes to muscle growth. There's more activation in the quads with front squats, and more activation in the hamstrings with RDLs. Check out this video by Jeff NIppard talking about this and optimally training legs:

1 month ago '18        #18
stutteringrap 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$9,826 | Props total: 12221 12221
i need to know how can i lose fat in my thighs and butt. i am skinny in all places except my thighs and booty.

1 month ago '17        #19
BLACK FIST 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,198 | Props total: 24058 24058
it's possible, but you can pretty much kiss your functional strength goodbye. you'll be essentially working out to only look big.
+1   

1 month ago '05        #20
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
 stutteringrap said
i need to know how can i lose fat in my thighs and butt. i am skinny in all places except my thighs and booty.
Lose more weight. Targeting fat loss is a long-debunked myth.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+132online now  34
Video inside INSANE: China is unlocking supernatural powers in Africans!
143 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  26
NBA Steve urkel is in the new 2k
40 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+43online now  23
Workout Change the look of your body in only 2 workouts w/ The Snatch Grip Hig..
91 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside The TOP 5 MOST CRINGEST, UNCOMFORTABLE, DISTRUBING BRILLANT MOVIES OF ..
51 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy