Anyone seen QUEEN & SLIM?

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

5 days ago '07        #51
bluehefner96 
space
space
Props total: 17437 17 K  Slaps total: 3744 3 K
 SHOW N PROVE said
I don't know where y'all getting this "Random guy" logic from. Fam with the Goldmouth wasn't no random. And so what they made a bunch of stops, that wouldn't have changed anything. He just sold them out, simple as that unfortunately. What compensation y'all think he woulda received for actually helping them?? Other than simply doing right by his ppl - which he should have done. Y'all forgetting about the bounty price ???? $250G's apiece.. The white woman at the house said it herself, "thats enough to pay off our mortgage" so wutchu think a "LOST" n*gga gonna do.....

Oh and for the record, I caught the early premier at the Howard theater with the Q&A. The director 'Melina' said the guy who sold them out was originally written to be a "wigga" who was trying extra hard to be down. They felt it was too obvious... a last min decision was made to make him a black guy.
Lena Waithe confirmed what they are saying about the guy.

5 days ago '11        #52
BtMkRs 
space
space
Props total: 11948 11 K  Slaps total: 1284 1 K
 DeadPresident said
The movie pushed me off... they could’ve been to Cuba a day earlier if they stopped trying to check things off they’re bucket list lol.

“Ooh let’s stop and ride a horse we may never do it again.”
NO . Pretty sure Gold tooth dude lied about having access to a plane to get them there and get the reward
+1   

5 days ago '15        #53
Preacher Mane 
space
space
Props total: 36786 36 K  Slaps total: 2419 2 K
Dawg why I’m just realizing the white man that helped them is Flea?
+9   

5 days ago '07        #54
r.burgundy 
space
space
Props total: 10579 10 K  Slaps total: 2291 2 K
 Black Excellence said
Very Entertaining movie, more geared for the black woman, not that great of a actual film writing wise, gorgeous visuals, great use of music, excellent character development.

7.5/10
I felt the same.some of the writing was just bizarre,and the whole damn scenario in itself was bizarre but it was still very entertaining
+2   

5 days ago '07        #55
r.burgundy 
space
space
Props total: 10579 10 K  Slaps total: 2291 2 K
 allmaddenking said
But at the same time
[spoiler - click to view]

That part of the movie is non sensical.
Old white dude literally gave him directions to nowhere

Being that black dude pulled up on them with a shotgun, it would seem like he was some random dude who was turning them in regardless
+2   

4 days ago '15        #56
Madethagreat 
space
space
Props total: 18585 18 K  Slaps total: 2841 2 K
The ending was white ppl fan service lmao

I feel it cheapened the actual message they could’ve spread

Esp with the freedom of them fu*king while little boy literally threw his life away to be “immortal”

Black people don’t wanna be immortalized we wanna be and we want to thrive
+6   

4 days ago '16        #57
AfroBucks88 
space
space
Props total: 18581 18 K  Slaps total: 1229 1 K
trailer looks great but why they put the transformer in this sh*t... oh yeah Lena Waithe down with the agenda
+4   

4 days ago '10        #58
Black Excellence  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 52001 52 K  Slaps total: 5949 5 K
 r.burgundy said
I felt the same.some of the writing was just bizarre,and the whole damn scenario in itself was bizarre but it was still very entertaining
 r.burgundy said
That part of the movie is non sensical.
Old white dude literally gave him directions to nowhere

Being that black dude pulled up on them with a shotgun, it would seem like he was some random dude who was turning them in regardless

People keep saying there are small holes but it’s really not if it affects the main portions of the film.
+1   

4 days ago '04        #59
KREW 
space
space
Props total: 5808 5 K  Slaps total: 286 286
Enjoyed the movie for what it was. With all his talk of legacy, I would have ended it with him getting shot up while she escapes to Cuba, not knowing he knocked her up. The ending shot would be her on the beach with their baby (his legacy)
+8   

4 days ago '11        #60
dymablink  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 8497 8 K  Slaps total: 2760 2 K
 The Knuckle God said

But why the white guy have then address to

4 days ago '06        #61
Darell_ftb  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 83728 83 K  Slaps total: 10193 10 K
Never heard about it til today lol. Gonna see it.

4 days ago '10        #62
Account001 
space
space
Props total: 606 606  Slaps total: 150 150
 Confidential said
Fax... We needed this in 2019 since it started off with:

Thank god for joints like:
May 2019:

Dec 2019:

Changing the narrative and focus from that propaganda bs
How is Queen and Slim a pro black movie?
+5   

4 days ago '05        #63
YoungHope 
space
space
Props total: 3136 3 K  Slaps total: 353 353
 KREW said
Enjoyed the movie for what it was. With all his talk of legacy, I would have ended it with him getting shot up while she escapes to Cuba, not knowing he knocked her up. The ending shot would be her on the beach with their baby (his legacy)
Ima need you to become a director or screenwriter asap
+1   

4 days ago '10        #64
Account001 
space
space
8.5/10

Ending was dumb... I need Lena to explain her reasoning for a lot of her decisions. This film was not unapologetically black as advertised. She apologize to white people a few times.
+5   

4 days ago '13        #65
jjdagreat 
space
space
Props total: 5821 5 K  Slaps total: 149 149
 KREW said
Yea after the story he told her I thought that’s where it was headed to.

4 days ago '17        #66
Confidential 
space
space
space
Props total: 19794 19 K  Slaps total: 1422 1 K
 Account001 said
How is Queen and Slim a pro black movie?
Good question....

but if you peeped the film is easy to see the narrative is about black solidarity, defying oppression, and the a lot of the themes, music, perspectives, etc are concepts found in the black art theater not mere western cinema products....

4 days ago '15        #67
The Casual 
space
space
Props total: 1101 1 K  Slaps total: 149 149
 The Knuckle God said
Yeah, the part where the

Account001 said
8.5/10

Ending was dumb... I need Lena to explain her reasoning for a lot of her decisions. This film was not unapologetically black as advertised. She apologize to white people a few times.
When and where did she apologize?

AfroBucks88 said
trailer looks great but why they put the transformer in this sh*t... oh yeah Lena Waithe down with the agenda
Lmaoo I had no clue it was one until my Girl pointed it out she watches some show it was in.

KREW said
In a perfect world we get the happy ending but I knew it wasn't going to end that way because as history has reminded us black people in america that if sh*t looks too good to be true its probably not. Plus I dont know how many publicized nationwide manhunts ended with the fugitives getting out the state let alone the country.
+1   

4 days ago '04        #68
KREW 
space
space
Props total: 5808 5 K  Slaps total: 286 286
 The Casual said
In a perfect world we get the happy ending but I knew it wasn't going to end that way because as history has reminded us black people in america that if sh*t looks too good to be true its probably not. Plus I dont know how many publicized nationwide manhunts ended with the fugitives getting out the state let alone the country.
It wouldn't be a happy ending, maybe bittersweet. You don't need to see everything. It's ok to leave it up to the viewer. Wondering if they would have dropped the manhunt or not is going too deep into it.

4 days ago '15        #69
The Knuckle God 
space
space
Props total: 6177 6 K  Slaps total: 242 242
[QUOTE=The Casual;51323454]

+1   

4 days ago '15        #70
The Knuckle God 
space
space
Props total: 6177 6 K  Slaps total: 242 242
[quote=The Knuckle God;51323776]
 The Casual said

+1   

4 days ago '13        #71
jjdagreat 
space
space
Props total: 5821 5 K  Slaps total: 149 149

Tariq basically summing up everything I was thinking
+4   

4 days ago '10        #72
Account001 
space
space
 The Casual said

When and where did she apologize?

Lmaoo I had no clue it was one until my Girl pointed it out she watches some show it was in.

They ending... the kid shooting the cop... the white saviors/Underground Railroad... the black dude at the end.

Its a movie, she can write what she wants... none of that sh*t had to be in there

4 days ago '16        #73
TrillSp 
space
space
Props total: 12873 12 K  Slaps total: 1455 1 K
Queen & Slim was absolute 🔥

Period. 10/10 quotables for days

“I ain’t gone bend the world. As long as my woman remembers me fondly.... That’s all I need..”

Slim was TALKIN.

“I want a guy to show me myself. I want him to love me so deeply, I’m not afraid to show him how ugly I can be..”

The writing in this movie so 🔥

If you don’t walk outta Queen & Slim appreciating your black woman even MORE than you already do.. You wasn’t paying close enough attention.

4 days ago '19        #74
Number5 
space
space
Props total: 1133 1 K  Slaps total: 548 548
Delete. Said too much.

Last edited by Number5; 12-01-2019 at 11:08 PM..
+1   

4 days ago '13        #75
Solesearcher 
space
space
Props total: 3029 3 K  Slaps total: 175 175
Just saw it a few hours ago and honestly what a movie. Didn’t watch most of the trailers going in so everything seemed fresh all throughout the movie

A lot of themes are played with it but you can expect that with this type of movie and speaking of movie I feel like this film legit had every concept of what makes a movie and nailed it ( From set locations , wardrobe , actors ) and by far my biggest thing I loved was the cinematography. From the bright colors & the way they framed shots watching it all was such a pleasure. Also I said it to the girl I was with but it was very fresh to see a movie in this day without use of cell phones , I felt like that little touch allowed the movie to breathe a bit different

That ending tho , I knew everything couldn’t be roses but the way it felt like they yanked the chair right from under us was really great. I hear complaints that it reinforces stereotypes to other races who watch but I feel the opposite.

I feel like the only thing they missed out on was if they included a joke referencing Get Out once they got to the white couple house. Wife or Husband asked Slim if he wanted some tea and he coulda been like nahhhh I’m good

Dope flick I’ll give it a 9/10

Last edited by Solesearcher; 12-01-2019 at 11:27 PM..
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+29online now  12
Spotify Wrapped 2019 just dropped... what is your top artist and top song?
181 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+29online now  10
Video inside Which Movies Can You Watch Over and Over Again and Not Get Tired of It...
112 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+67online now  8
Video inside 8 years ago we lost a comedy goat
48 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+41online now  6
Video inside Micahel J. Fox is Martin McCholo in Back to...THE HOOD.
24 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy